Recommendations op mc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cares_X, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Cares_X

Cares_X Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -minimal romance
    -maybe game like elements (like gaining abilities(I LOVE SEEING "Gained ability: blah blah) like Overgeared)
    -can be weak to strong
    -NO CULTIVATION

references: Overgeared

2. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gon_ likes this.
  3. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    second coming of avarice (well the romance is low not minimal tho)
    The Amber Sword
    you know scrap this missed the op part
    they are strong but not op

4. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Death March
    -Yes he does gain a harem, but they are all after him and he is not interested in underage girls. So if you ignore the girls fan service there is very minimal romance until much, much later in the series.
    -And there are entire pages of ‘gained ability’.
    -Sometimes, what seems like a throwaway ability becomes very important much later in the series.

5. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can look past the harem and sexual content. Re:Monster. The main character has a skill assimilation ability and he gains new abilities and evolves constantly. Re:Monster is really cool and I love Overgeared so I'd recommend it. I will say that the issue with overpowered characters is that most authors tend to always include a harem so with that being said, I'm sure it's possible but it might be unavoidable. Also. Death March is another great recommendation. The only issue is that while he doesn't show them any interest, they are constantly vying for his attention. (More specifically, I think a girl tried to reverse rape him so....) While there is no romance, there isn't a lack of harem so. Another one that I would recommend is Second Life Ranker. Issue with Second Life Ranker is that I think they dropped it mid way so that was really disappointing. If you love Overpowered MCs, I have a thread that is full of recommendations with overpowered characters. I will say that most of them probably have a harem of some sort though. But that's just my recommendations thus far. Actually, I just thought of one while writing this. I Alone Level Up is really good. He doesn't start off OP but he gets to the point where he is the strongest in the world like really quickly. However, he does end up getting a romantic partner later on in the series however the romance wasn't focused on until towards the end.

6. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Gon_

Gon_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just pointing out that Second Life Ranker is being translated once every 2 days, and it's really good :)

8. 123456hh

123456hh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. That's my mistake then. When I read it, I thought the dates had a large skip. My bad.