Recommendations New

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Novice SKU, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Novice SKU

Novice SKU New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls recommend any new or ongoing that is worth reading. No particular preferences.

Also, if possible, put up few lines on the plot of the novel.

Thank you in advance

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom's Bloodline - Politics. Lots and lots of politics. The chapters are much denser than in other novels because something is always happening. There is zero "filler".
    Lord of the Mysteries - A cross of secret organizations with supernatural powers and Victorian England. This is full of action.
    Cultivation Chat Group - Comedy.
    Lord Xue Ying - IET. Enough said
    Martial King's Retired Life - A comedy about an OP martial artist who wants to retire and get a stable job for the government. Most of the chapters are about his silly behavior. Try reading the prologue to get a sense of the novel's humor.
    Starchild Escapes Arranged Marriage - It's full of smut, but something about the monologues cracks me up. All the characters internally howl like wolves at a full moon, for instance. I think it's a rather good novel.
    Running Away From The Hero (remake) - The author rewrote the original so the academy arc would make sense and be funnier. He succeeded.
    The Charm of Soul Pets - I'm not sure what draws me to this novel. It features adorable soul pets, but nearly half the chapters are savage, bloody battles to the death. The fights excite me and I enjoy reading about the pets. Furthermore, I believe this is one of those rare few novels that improves as you read further. The TLer just came back from a hiatus and is releasing ~2 chapters per day, so this is a good time to start.

Izrail likes this.
  3. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!
    plot : misunderstanding
    This.

Izrail likes this.
  4. Bored_Nick

Bored_Nick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youratu likes this.
  5. Izrail

Izrail Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gpn159 likes this.
  6. Prid

Prid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    QI novel - nuff said, after thier debackle a lot of QI novels were under heavy downvote fire

7. rosie94hrpr

rosie94hrpr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shameless plug for the novel I'm translating!
    Secret Organization - Comedic slice-of-life that makes fun of standard JP light novel tropes. The MC is a huge chuuni, and the other characters have their own quirks as well. No romance or harem. It's a bit slow at the start, but give it about 10 chapters. I update it once a week and just finished the first arc/volume.

8. Bored_Nick

Bored_Nick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is good. Mant of the qi novels have low rating. Hell even pursuit of truth has a rating lower than 4 and its one of the best on the scene.