Recommendations Overpowered?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Grynthax, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. So I have a certain obsession with overpowered characters. I love everything from One Punch Man to Overlord to The Irregular at Magic High School. With that said, there are certain things that I would like to avoid. Stories where they "grew up in a temple" and "cultivate" (such as Crazy Leveling System) I would prefer to avoid because they lack unique elements. I am looking for a story with an overpowered protagonist. School life and "cultivation" stories are preferred to be avoided however if you find a story that you believe is outstanding then please feel free to recommend it. Drop some overpowered recommendations.

Also, feel free to recommend any animes that you like.

kingSlayer033 likes this.
  2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    The Strongest Guild Master Founded a Nation in
    a Week.
    Isekai Nonbiri Nouka,
    Death March,
    The Lazy King, (skull joke~)
    Strongest Swordsman longs for magic,
    Living in another world with cut and paste, (something like that title)
    Shinsetsu Nobu-san Isekai Ki
    Tsuki ga Mitchibiku,

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Syahmuda

Syahmuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendations and keep them coming. I'm actually reading the [Instant Death] which was recommended by Kalto right now and it seems pretty interesting. Some of these I have read before and some them didn't sound up my alley but nonetheless. I'm enjoying it so far.

6. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boundary Labyrinth and the Foreign Magician - Hard to say exactly how overpowered he actually is, but at the very least he has basically curbstomped all his real opponents as far as I've read (I've read pretty far into the raws, tbh). It does have some school elements, but from what I was able to tell they're far from the actual focus overall.
    Different World Reincarnation as a Sage ~With my Gaming Knowledge, I’ll become the World’s Strongest~ - MC starts off weak (but with gaming knowledge), but aims to get strong.
    Divine Protection of Many Gods - This one's a harem, but it's a very legit harem and not the cockblocking bullshit you see so often.
    Everyone Else is a Returnee - As a person above me said, this one's a good example, and the MC is pretty awesome as well. XD
    Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - MC in this is OP, but far from infallible...it's also a legit harem. Always nice when that happen instead of the BS that often happens, heh.
    Hone to Issho no Isekai Seikatsu - The MC doesn't start off OP, but he certainly seems to be heading in that direction as I read the chapters.
    I Became the Demon Lord and my Territory is an Uninhabited Island - The MC quite quickly becomes fairly OP, but he's far from indestructible. It's got legitimate romance as well, and it's at least a 2 woman harem. Not sure if it's got more than that or not, tbh.
    I Never Run Out of Mana - MC becomes OP very fast, and this is basically nothing but wish fulfillment. It's still not bad, though.
    I Said Make My Abilities Average! - Female protag. It's got serious yuri undertones (at least as far as I'd read, but I'm far from current on it). It's fairly humorous, though.
    I Shall Survive Using Potions! - The MC is OP in a somewhat interesting way in this one. I believe it's the same author as the previous one, and it's not looking to be yuri...at least as far as I can tell.
    In a Different World with a Smartphone - MC's got a legit harem (though not married yet it seems)...but...the girls may very well irritate the hell outta you. Especially the one the author obviously favors over the others. It might be worth reading, though...depending on the person, heh.
    Isekai ni Kita Boku wa Kiyoubinbode Subaya-sa Tayorina Tabi o Suru - MC starts off weak, but definitely becomes OP in his own way. Has romance as well, but as far as I know it's not a harem.
    Isekai Tensei no Boukensha - There's hints of romance in this, but I'm not sure if it actually has it or not (at least not as of the current raw chapter, but it's definitely showing signs). MC is quite OP in this, though...and the "Takes nos hit from people" type, as well.
    Isekai Yururi Kikou ~Raising Children While Being an Adventurer~ - Child raising one. MC is very OP. Children are also OP. Lots of OP mofumofu contract animals. It's quite enjoyable if you don't expect a complex story or a solidified lotline.
    I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can't Seem Get Out of Being Jobless - MC gets OP pretty fast...it's also a legit harem, though it doesn't build super fast iirc.
    Kujonin - MC becomes OP pretty quickly, but his typical way of fighting is a bit different from others. Not sure if it has romance or not, but it definitely has women interested in him.
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Spider girl that starts out weak and becomes OP~
    Legend - MC is definitely OP, and also has a pretty ruthless personality towards antagonistic people. This is a Strong to Stronger series, I do believe. ^^
    Living in this World with Cut & Paste - MC becomes OP very fast from a pretty OP skillset that he gets upon adulthood. Some people dislike his type of character, but I don't really. Definitely wish fulfillment, though.
    Mezametara Chikashitsu!? ~Tensei Shoujo no Yume no Saki~ - Female MC. Is OP. Gets an OP dragon companion. Obvious future romance. Also has age progression (though I don't think it's to complete adulthood yet). She's got a ruthless streak as well...but it's probably gonna be a love it or hate it series.
    Mr. Nobu’s Otherworld Chronicles - Weak to Strong. Legit harem. Pretty dark world. It did have an incident way ahead in the raws that made me drop the series, but that's because I hate that sort of scenario. I'm sure most people don't, though.
    My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me - Uh...I think the title pretty much says everything that needs to be said, haha. XD This is a "School Life" series, but it's in our world...and...it's kind of a backseat thing anyway. It's just that "School" is part of the setting considering his age.
    My House Is a Magic Power Spot ~Just by Living There I Become the Strongest in the World~ - Title says it all.
    Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de - Renya is awesome. I don't need to say anything else! =p
    Re:Monster - There's a pretty good possibility that I don't need to give this any sort of introduction, lol. MC reincarnates with his ability from his previous life, and becomes very strong very fast. Legit harem, too.
    Royal Roader on My Own - Total wish fulfillment. This one will be a 50/50 shot whether you like it or not, imo.
    She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wiseman (LN) - Male to Female MC. Op. Might have some romance in it, not really sure. Kinda doubt it, though...but MC is definitely OP.
    Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja~ Sekai Saikyou no Kenja ga Sarani Tsuyoku Naru Tameni Tenseishimashita~ - Reborn strongest mage in the world...is still the strongest mage in the world. Or very quickly becomes it, lol. It's...got crazy short chapters, though...just a warning. It does have "School Life", but...the school portion's pretty short and while he does go back to visit it occasionally, it's...still pretty uninvolved overall
    Shut-in Magician - This is a very long series, and the story moves along very slowly. The MC is crazy OP...and I'm recommending it even though it has school involvement. It takes a very long time for any sort of hints at romance to appear (about 1/2 way through the 2nd part of the series, and the first part's over 500 chapters. It's a "slice of life" sort of series with no real solid plot line, but I do enjoy it personally. The TL dropped it (maybe someone will pick it up at some point -_-)...so if you want to go past chapter ~75 then you'll need to go to the raws via GT.
    Skill Taker’s World Domination ~ Building a Slave Harem from Scratch - Um...I'm pretty sure the title says it all, haha. XD
    Succubus-san’s Life in Another World - Yuri, and there's mention of school but I don't know that she ever actually goes there herself. Very yuri, though. Also Male to Female character.
    Tensei Kenja no Isekai Raifu ~Daini no Shokugyo wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~ - MC gets second class. Becomes crazy OP as a result. It's fairly humorous, albeit wish fulfillment.
    Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (WN) - Not sure this needs any introduction. But...slime becomes OP and becomes humanoid...fun times.
    The Consequence of Being Summoned Simultaneously from Another World - There's romance. The MC's love is heavy. It's pretty interesting, though you'll have to go to the raws via GT fairly quickly to continue it.........hopefully someone will pick this up at some point. The TL'd chapter do give a fairly decent idea of how the series is going to be, though...though the story still hasn't completely kicked in by this point, either.
    The Laid-back Life in Another World of the Ex-Hero Candidate Who Turned out to be a Cheat from Level 2 - This really doesn't need any description, other than it definitely has romance in it.
    The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - Weed is OP in his own way. At least he becomes so. ^^
    The Man Picked up by the Gods - Ryouma was OP in his previous life, but basically born in the wrong era (and other reasons)...he's even more OP in his new life, though. There's mention of a school existing, but the characters around him say there's no point in him going to it, heh.
    The Man Picked Up By the Gods (Reboot) - As the name implies, reboot of the previous, but this one has a lot more focus on the events that are skipped in the first one (as well as some that don't seem to have been in the original version). His social interactions are improved overall and some of the problems with the originl version seem to be being taken care of in this version.
    The Old Man Who Got a Second Round in Another World - Man reincarnates into a game world. Only realizes it once he becomes middle aged...and...then the OP begins. XD
    The Spearmaster and the Black Cat - MC starts off fairly weak, but gets strong very fast in the story. He's also a very open pervert...but also a gentleman. It's a legit harem, though it takes awhile for the harem to start assembling itself. MC obviously gets laid, but it never goes into a great amount of detail...though he does talk about breasts at times, cause he likes 'em, heh. Also, black cat being a black cat and...other things. XD
    The Strongest Wizard Becomes a Countryside Guardsman After Taking an Arrow to the Knee - I feel like the title basically says it all. There's very obvious romantic undertones, but I'm not really sure they're ever acted upon. If they are, then it's off screen.

World Strongest Rearguard – Labyrinth Country and Dungeon Seekers - MC isn't OP all around, but his class is OP in its own way. It's pretty enjoyable, though...........at least I enjoyed it.
    World Teacher – Other World Style Education & Agent (WN) - This is likely to be a series you either love or hate. I enjoy it myself, and it's legit harem. However, it is a series with "School Life" in it, though it's pushed through fairly quickly, and then they go off into the world. Also a legit harem, but it doesn't become established until a bit into the series.
    Kujibiki Tokushou: Musou Hāremu ken - This is borderline an adult novel...it clearly states when he's having sex with women, but it doesn't go into crazy detail about it or anything. He's crazy
    Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World - You are either gonna love or hate this MC. He's...ergh, to me...but I know some people won't hate him. It's borderline straight up adult, but I don't know that it can be considered such. He becomes OP over time...though it's sad that his confidence doesn't as well. -_-

...........I do have some "Adult" ones I can recommend as well...though I won't give any real descriptions on them...and the ones I mention are ones where the MC is "OP" in their own way...

The recommendations for these types of novels are in the spoiler tag below.

An A-Ranked Adventurer’s “Slow-living”
    An S Rank Adventurer Me Along With Those Girls Who Are Slaves, Form A Slaves Only Harem Guild
    Isekai Tensei Harem
    Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi
    Green Skin - If you can find a link to the story...because I know the existing TLs on the site are dead links. =\ MC becomes OP over time, though.
    The Story of Living as I Please After Being Reincarnated in Another World with a Ridiculously Cheat Power

These ones are ones where the MC is "OP in his own way"...the ones above are straight up OP MCs.
    Curing Incurable Disease With Semen - Just thought i'd say for this one that the MC's ability is indeed OP...but...it's not a "Strength" sort of OP. Also, it definitely has incest in it.
    I Made a Slave Harem Using a Charm Cheat in a Different World
    If You Got the Power of Flight, Invisibility, and Teleportation, What Would You Do?
    Parameter Remote Controller

........it's a long list, huh. If you want me to remove the adult recommendations, then I will. Just thought I'd recommend them since they are in my list. ^^

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all the recommendations and explanations. I'll have to give this a more detailed look over later but I really appreciate the explanations.

As I said before. I appreciate all the recommendations.

Caudyr likes this.
  10. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
  12. rosie94hrpr

rosie94hrpr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but the novel I'm translating, Secret Organization, has a ridiculously overpowered MC (yes this is a shameless plug). He trains hard to make it that way though. The powers of the other characters are pretty OP as well. Basically, he and his "accomplice" manipulate these two kids into believing that they run a secret organization that fights monsters, but in reality the MC is behind everything. It's not for malicious purposes though, he just wants them to be able to have the interesting life that he never had. It's a comedic slice-of-life with no harem and barely any hints of romance.

13. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting. I'm trying to read just about everything that was recommended to me so I will get to it. Right now I'm currently working on "Everyone Else is a Returnee" and "I Never Run Out of Mana" and those are both pretty good. I Never Run Out of Mana is, as the recommender said, wish fulfillment but nonetheless I like wish fulfillment just because it's pretty neat to me. And Everyone Else is a Returnee is just really interesting.

14. TrueHistoria

TrueHistoria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like The Irregular at Magic High School without an annoying sister who holds you back and always getting in your way, you might want to give this a shot.

Forgotten Conqueror

Author: Za1d3

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, School Life, Supernatural

Tags: Academy, Anti-hero Protagonist, Appearance Changes, Appearance Different From Actual Age, Aristocracy, Arranged Marriage, Arrogant Characters, Assassins, Average-looking Protagonist, Beastkin, Books, Bullying, Calm Protagonist, Caring Protagonist, Child Protagonist, Cold Protagonist, Cruel Characters, Cunning Protagonist, Dark, Death, Demi-humans, Depictions Of Cruelty, Discrimination, Fearless Protagonist, Gore, Hated Protagonist, Hiding True Abilities, Hiding True Identity, Kingdoms, Knights, Library, Magic, Male Protagonist, Mature Protagonist, Monsters, Mysterious Past, Mythical Beasts, Nobles, Overpowered Protagonist, Prostitutes, Protagonist Strong From The Start, Reincarnation, Ruthless Protagonist, Secret Identity, Secret Organizations, Strength-based Social Hierarchy, Torture, Underestimated Protagonist, Wealthy Characters, Wizards

The story chronicles a young child named Kaidus--Kaidus Reilt Paltos--who possesses magic power since he was born.

He isn't a son of a lord, a duke, a knight or a king who normally awakens himself to magic when reaching his age of teens.

His father was a former mercenary and now is serving as a village guard, and his mother is doing various laundry jobs for the villagers. Both are working hard everyday to earn little money.

His control of magic is a gift as his family thought, but unknown to them is that he is actually an ancient wizard who was reincarnated into the current era.

Back in the very distant past, he was known as Rhultal--Rhultal Vox Treval AnDargus--who had struggled to achieve strength, rose from buttom to top, became an avenger and faught for what he believed.

Now, retaining his past-life knowledge, memories and holds onto power incomprehensible to the present time, he must search within the myths and legends for clues connecting to his origins, to what happened to his former adversaries, and to this world.

And despite of being reborn, his policy never fades.

As a toddler, he obliterated the bandits who attacked the caravan he along with his parents traveled with. Before they attempted to beat and rape his mother who tightly embraced him, he bursted out his magic and popped their blood and organs inside out.

The seven y/o boy, like a silent assassin in an open area, slayed a monster rampaging around the city plaza and saved, not only the people in the vicinity, but an old knight commander who put himself in danger following his duty.

Rejected the proposal from a local lord regarding his daughter should be married off to him, for he didn't want to be "a shackle that chained her." He insisted to let her have liberty to select what she desired and enjoy the freedom to unwind the future what she deserved.

The youngest person and the only commoner ever enrolled in a prestigious Zorin Academy for mages. Due to his appearance and status, most of the students sneered at him, but the quiet youth didn't care less of insignificant creatures who were irrelevant to his quest.

A woman dubbed as "The Emerald Princess" and was the top of her class looked down upon the new transfer student. Filled with arrogance concerned to magic as she thought herself was the numero uno, she wanted to teach the boy a lesson. However, what happened later was not what she expected. In a mock battle, the unassuming boy's sheer power instantly crushed her and left the area like it was nothing.

Curious about the youth's terrifying strength, the academy's headmaster decided to put him into a "test" of magic. Being the most high-ranking mage himself across the continent and only few on par with his level in the world, the headmaster and three of academy teachers ambushed the child with all his might, only to lost his left arm as the fearless boy retaliated. Then he was convinced that the small monster belonged to the lost rank which in this world only ever described in legends and myths.

In an alley within one of the city's districts, a group of malicious boys were torturing a lone helpless little girl. A passerby child happened to stop by and noticed the scene which flared up his rage. He confronted and faught against the boys by making them felt what they did to the girl, healed the girl's wounds with his magic and brought her home safe.

Responsible for the incident, the child was convicted, subjected to a trial and eventually won, but the father of one of the malicious boys, was not convinced and kept on lashing out against the stoic child ever since the beginning of the trial, for he wanted to see a solid proof. Irritated by the man's despotic personality, the child obliged and ripped off the stubburn man's entire arm in front of many people.

An organization operating in the darkness wanted to recruit the indifferent young boy as they witnessed and became interested in his abilities. Upon his refusal, its members resorted to violent resistance, but they were treated like bugs as the cold-hearted demon incarnate fought back and flushed information out from them with force. He learned that their organization was responsible for chaos which had perversed the world many years. Merciless and unforgiving, he nfiltrated their base operation in the continent and massacred every member including their leader, and left only few who were later captured by the guild.

A young woman described him as a coward upon seeing him didn't fought back against the sword training students who ganged up to him, despite her old knight grandfather's praises on him. She hadn't acknowledged that the boy didn't want to get involved with unnecessary conflict. Another young woman, on the other hand, became interested in him upon learning the boy's demeanor as he calmly rejected her lord father's proposal. Bookstore owners thought of him not a typical child as the boy obtained many various books from them. However, unknown to all, including his family, was what he actually possessed: unparalleled magic power, strength and ancient knowledge which cannot be attained in the current era, thereby placing him as being the most dangerous person in the world.

15. TrueHistoria

TrueHistoria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HP1 kara Hajimeru Isekai Musou
    Isekai de Kojiin wo Hiraitakedo, Nazeka Darehitori Sudatou to Shinai Ken (WN)
    One Piece Invincible
    Close Combat Mage
    A Dragon in Slime’s Clothing ~ I Want to Live Peacefully by Pretending to Be the Weakest

17. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm almost caught up with Royal Roader on my Own, I Never Run Out of Mana, and Everyone Else is a Returnee. Once those three are done, I will give it a shot. It sounds really interesting. I didn't read all of the spoilers but I saw the part how it relates to Irregular at Magic High School and it sounds like I would like it so I will definitely give it a shot. As always, Thank you for the recommendations.

18. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. CarolIine

CarolIine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! ~>I recommend reading at least until chapter 10.

20. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen that recommendation about 3 times now so I think I will move that higher up on my priority list. Funnily enough, I usually read more than 10 chapters. Like Overgeared, I really didn't like the beginning because of how toxic the main character was but I was warned ahead of time that he was meant to be toxic and he developed so I kept reading. So long as there is a reason to push past then I will. So, I will read up to or past 10 and see if I like it. Thanks for the recommendation!

CarolIine likes this.