Recommendations Fate/stay night fic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Jojo775, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Over 60k and recently ongoing or completed, like Wandering of a Sword Hero, The Hill of Swords, Saint of Zero, A Demon Lord's Hero, From Fake Dreams

Fate fics I don't like : The Holy Man of The Church Creek - boring and generic
    Vasto of White - was good but fell flat
    Miracle of Zero Kindom of The Forsaken - too long winded, like a boring version of The Hill of Swords
    Fate's Gamble - too much fluff, Harry keeps getting stronger and stronger, learning new magic and stuff only to never use it, until the end when he becomes ridiculously OP and it's quite anticlimatic, really pissed me off. All that training for nothing but fluff.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. Cartesian

Cartesian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it wrong to serve food in orario 37k
    Survival guide: Azeroth 79k

Personally, i liked holy man of church creek because it's a rare fic that actually goes off the rails believably.
    I'm hoping vasto of white will continue it's quality but i'm concerned about how the author plans to resolve the current rise of a "third power" cuz usually it's too convenient and not believable.
    I completely agree with your opinion of fate's gamble.

3. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate Revelation Online
    The Forge, the Hearth, and the Steel Sword
    Remnant of a Carnival
    Heroes, Dreams, and Destiny
    Swords and Sorcery: No Route Back
    My Ideal Academia
    Fate - Stay - Write - Go! [Fate/Stay Night AU/SI]
    The Sage's Disciple [Fate Zero SI]

These are all I've read that you've haven't already mentioned.

doctor3027 likes this.
  4. doctor3027

doctor3027 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Fake player (a Overlord fate crossover somewhat slow update)
    Fates Collide (a rwby fate crossover, completed, has sequel inprogress)
    RWBY Zero (rwby Fate/Zero crossover)
    Fragments of Chaldea

All of these are on fanfiction.net

Cosmic_ likes this.
  5. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have anything for you if you are looking for a pure Fate fanfic.
    But ......
    Endless Path Infinite Cosmos is a fanfic that will visit the world of fate/stay night in the future.
    Right now the novel is set in the Denmachi world (Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon). And it will visit more worlds later on.
    The novel focuses mostly on Denmachi tho. It has 1000 chapters and its still in the denmachi world. Author said that the fate/stay night world will be around ~250 chapters long.
    Ohh and this novel is a harem with the MC Vahn Mason. When he goes to the fate/stay night he will probably get 90% of the important females in his harem.
    In the denmachi world , Vahn has like almost all important women in his harem (Loki, hephastus, frea, riveria , ais, aisha, tiona , tione and many many more)

6. Reiders

Reiders Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised these haven't been mentioned yet; though it should be because they are updated irregularly.

Path of the King : 414K Fic that takes Shirou in a different direction than most.
    Promises of a Wandering Hero : 151K F/SN & Love Hina Cross
    The Souls of Heroes : 187K F/SN & Demons' Souls Cross

A few good comedy ones:

Projected Denial : 33K
    Highschool Of Heroes : 110K
    Shirou Emiya Erogame Protagonist : 93K

Finally, these three stories are some of my most recommended. All three are crossovers but I highly recommend them to everybody interested in F/SN fanfics, even if they don't know the other sources.

Man off the Moon : A relatively recent story that is already sitting at 646K words due to its consistent updates.
    God Slaying Blade Works : Possibly the longest F/SN crossover sitting at 1.2 million words but it doesn't feel padded at all. I reread it once a year or so since the author updates with 30K chapters every few months.
    In Flight : Possibly the single best F/SN crossover. While all Gabriel Blessing stories are good, this is his magnum opus in my opinion sitting at 762K words.

7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Survival Guide seems fishy, why would Shirou need gamer ability? Gamer fics always turn crack and I can't stand that.
    1. it's dropped
    2. in 2 years less than 100k words and only the family tag, i'm not into pure fluff or that slow updates
    others, I didn't read or watch RWBY
    I don't like MHA
    x. I wish spacebattles had synopsis of fics, why doesn't anybody think of this?
    Fake Player seems interesting
    same for RWBY, didn't watch/read
    All of the fics I listed are crossovers except From Fake Dreams, that said I'm not interested in any fic from webnovel.com, especially one where the point is to collect a massive harem from each universe.
    I was thinking about Path of The King but I prefer crossovers.
    Dafuq is Love Hina and why would it be crossed with FSN
    Didn't play Demons Souls
    Didn't play Mass Effect
    Didn't watch Campione
    Didn't watch Sekirei

also considering https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13011458/1/Fate-Soul-Bound
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13216897/1/Grand-Foreigner
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13207914/1/Heroic-Myth

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  8. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
  9. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    When you say Fate stay night, are you asking for only F/SN or also Fate grand order, fate/extra, fate/kaleid, Fate/Apocrypha also okay? all of them is in same Fate stay night section
    dunno about the first but most servant-only fic that usually use servant from FGO (which include fsn servant) .
    2nd is basically ainz in FGO plot.
    3rd is bell as MC having servants follow plot somewhat i guess? Oh, some servant is from FGO.

What crossover do you want? beside DxD or FoZ?

10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't watch other Fate stays but I wouldn't mind reading their fics. Crossovers with DC, Marvel, Naruto ugh, One Piece ugh
    I've seen there are some xovers with HP but they suck coz Shirou is OP, a real warrior in a world of retarded wizards so figure out how that's gonna end up...
    Star Wars? I dunno if some crazy author manages that, again Shirou would be OP and just spam any Sith with swords
    Game of Thrones? I prefer kingdom building for this one but Shirou wouldn't do that, otherwise that world isn't that interesting, again he would be OP
    SAO? Again OP and Aincratz isn't that interesting, only swords ffs and anime was focused more on time skips to show more, Alfheim maybe or that FPS one, though I forgot its plot
    Devil May Cry fuck yeah, but it isn't that popular so there aren't many good fics there
    League of Legends also not many good fics here
    Shield Hero there is the only one and it's awesome, though I doubt there will be anymore great ones anytime soon
    Bleach? so many fics here but almost none of them are good
    Elder Scrolls? didn't find any great fics here

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey dude, don't you...forget about me.
    Especially after I replied you with a long ass comment.
    Also bump.

12. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I should know this considering how often I find you around the forums, but I don’t, so I’m gonna ask: what are your views on BL?

13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want any.

14. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For fate fanfic i like fate/stay life

A knight will on webnovel but i only like a first few chapter since romance part disappoint me

15. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, looking at your crossover list it's hard for me to search the good one.
    Star Wars, Elders scrolls and LOL kinda don't read so i don't know.
    Most i follow GOT x FSN was below 60k word (A verse of sword and jewels, i wish) There is Throne Nobody Wants, but i feel it was OOC in some character in it.
    SAO? Yeah i agree. There's A Different Path, but it's uh... passable maybe? One punch gamer or devils of Aincrad still a better read imo even though they aren't FSN crossover.
    Shield Hero anime is still new so it will be long before it get lot of fics.
    DMC... unfortunately there's no good one.
    DXD there's Holding All The Cards. And few more already mentioned above.
    So... not so much luck.

Jojo775 likes this.