Arifureta is not so Awesome...honestly, it’s cr@p.

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 1, 2019.

?

Just how disappointed/disgusted were you?

1. I’m a fan and I feel like someone stomped on my hopes with hobnail boots.

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. I’m not a fan, but I am getting schadenfreude watching the fans’ pain. :D

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. I’m not a fan, but I feel pity for the fans. :(

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. I’m by this point completely jaded...it’s a bigger surprise seeing good anime outa Japan.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Wut is Arifureta? Me confused...

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. That was an awesome show! Um...I’ve never seen anime before tho...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that this anime got cancelled and the author is currently searching for a new cast to recreate the entire series?

He complain about the quality being bad while h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    This series is really for fans...

Reversed! Unlike how the anime is supposed to get new fans for the LN and manga, this anime is for the fans to get highlights of both...

Ok, who the frick am I kidding? This anime is bad...

But I even like World Break, so luckily I have NO taste.:ROFLMAO:

Hopefully season 2 will actually be...you know, watchable.:cautious:o_O:rolleyes::p

Grynthax likes this.
  3. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the novel. Admittedly, it is wish fulfilment through and through but I personally enjoy that. However, watching the anime, the whole thing is just. It's just so bad. Like, and I cannot stress this enough, the encounter between the MC and the boss of the Orcus Dungeon, the production quality was so trash that I legit thought they cancelled it after episode 5. (Turns out they just delayed it a week for some reason.)

userunfriendly likes this.
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    5.5 was a frikking recap episode.:facepalm:

My only hope is that season 1 will somehow make enough for season 2.

I’m hoping the town defense episode will be truly awesome. But I don’t have much hope...:facepalm:

Grynthax likes this.
  5. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly. From my experience, something like Arifureta most likely won't get a second season. This is because most wish fulfilment shows rarely get a second season. Gate was a really good anime but they didn't get a second season and neither did "The Irregular at Magic High School" both of which were absolutely amazing in my mind. It really takes a lot to get a renewal. With Arifureta's production quality I highly doubt that it will be able to get a second season. By all means, if it gets a second season then great. But if it wants a second season then it needs to make an active mission to fix any combat scene right now. If you're going to animate a combat scene like that then you need to animate the characters like that. And vice versa. You can't just have two different art styles contrasting in order to save money. That's what gets you dropped. And that's, in my opinion, what made the fight scene so bad. They wanted to save money. But you don't get views by saving money on animations. And I'm probably being unreasonable. I understand why and I also would do the same thing but at the end of the day, there is just no way. And I will say this because I feel like I may be judging a bit too hard. You don't NEED to have fantastic combat or the most amazingly drawn mobs and bosses ever to have a good anime. Overlord is an amazing anime and I don't know if you've seen it or not but their soldiers animation and quality isn't that great. But. It goes along with the animation and art style of the characters so you hardly notice it if at all. Arifureta did it for a reason, I get that. But nonetheless, there are better ways.

userunfriendly likes this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Gate did get a second season...
    season 1: https://anidb.net/anime/10982
    season 2: https://anidb.net/anime/11602

Irregular at magic high school has 26 episodes plus a movie.

That said, how they are half assing it, there is unlikely going to be a 2nd season for Arifuerta.

7. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    My fault on Gate, they put all the episodes together so I didn't know it was a second season. But Irregular at Magic High School stands. 26 episodes or not, it deserves a second season in my opinion. And yeah, Arifureta needs to step it up.

8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no stepping up, anime Arifureta is a lost cause, give up any hope of it getting better

9. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    If, and I mean if, they ever manage to get a second season then they need to take a note and fix it. But it's highly unlikely that it will be fixed so. As you said, most likely a lost cause.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  10. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to be rude... but that's impossible while describing this. I Heard it was bad, but didn't take it too seriously. A lot of people get mad at isekais being too superficial or some isolated bad cgi and just trash everything.

Had a fun enough time watching several "terrible" isekais so far. Arifureta... It's legitimately terrible. Probably the worst attempt at anime I've seen in a decade. If I was in the production team I would have begged to be uncredited.

Probably better for your resume if you had no experience vs having worked on this fucking nightmare. Not even just cg. Dialogue is terrible and half assed, even the drawn art often looks pretty bad, the cg IS the worst I've seen, there is 0 explanation as to what they're showing(actually had to recheck the novel chapter just to find out what the hell they skipped over cuz I couldn't remember... That's right. So little information it couldn't even REMIND ME of what the hell they were supposed to show)

This anime and everyone involved should be locked into a dumpster. I'd say this was the anime equivalent to mtls who don't edit, but that disrespects the effort those mtls put in.(and I mean the ones who don't even go by sentence. We're talking chapter copypasta here)

11. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt even bother with it...the manga is bad enough....not everything is a family friendly source material...didn't they learn anything from Masou Gakuen?

12. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga is a fucking medal of Honor next to the anime. My eyes hurt.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  13. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arifureta is at its strongest in the beginning. Seen the character struggle alone and defenseless in the dark bottom of the abyss after he was betrayed was really compelling. Then he becomes an edge lord, falls for a vampire loli, a scaredy rabbit, a masochist dragon, and many more harem members.

Anyway what I want to say that it starts great then becomes average if not mundane and if the anime already screwed up the best part, then there isn't much hope for it to get better.

SAimNE, Bakaturq and Cutter Masterson like this.
  14. AurionLute

AurionLute Actively Inactive Nonmember

Reading List:
    Link
    watching isekai is a wild ride, no need to think too much.
    Even trash tier anime is enjoyable depending on how you consume it.

15. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    Even the monster eating has forgotten im the latter part of the web novel

Fire Tiger likes this.
  16. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    people talk as if arifureta is the worst when they clearly haven't seen the masterpiece that is berserk and then the anime nightmare desu

chencking and Rickymex like this.
  17. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it's irrelevant at that point as the MC has gone way past the point of needing to eat them to be stronger. It would be the equivalent of a level 98 RPG character grinding skeletons and regular spines rather than behemoths or dragons to reach of 99.

Arifureta is a Rom Com for 97% of the series and an edgy isekai jerk off for the 3% that make up the very beginning. If you don't like RomCom series and instead prefer dark edgy isekai BS like the ones with the Raped Healer or the Murder Bunnygirl then Arifureta will most likely not be for you. Simple as that.

18. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Just three words : maou-sama retry

Chrono Vlad likes this.
  19. AurionLute

AurionLute Actively Inactive Nonmember

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I enjoy that tiny budget trash, they got top tier seiyuu at the very least.
    Listening to Kaiba voice as kunai is enjoyable and the one voicing Luna

SAimNE likes this.
  20. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Arifureta is a nightmare having those bad quality CG.
    Maou-sama retry looks like an attemp of some college animators without proper drawing basics.

Sad to say that only Okaasan online and that trashy Isekai Cheat got a better treatment.