Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    601-620

601 – When her friends knew ML had arrived to pick her up, they ran to the balcony to watch. But he never stepped out of the car, and so Zheng Yuan then called FL to complain since the entire female dorm was hoping to see his face.

602 – ML overheard their voices on the phone and said to invite them for dinner one day. Her friends heard his voice. They said he was one of the school’s top ten mysteries by now and FL allowed him to say a word or two into the phone to them. FL quickly took the phone away when they began to melt. The call ended and ML then pulled her into his arms.

603 – ML had offered the dinner so that she could show him off. “They are my friends, what is there to show off?” “What about showing off to Zhang Xiaoying then?” ML suggested. The incident with Wang early made him slightly worried that FL would be troubled by her. But he really wanted people to know about the two of them. They kissed again just before the red carpet, FL cleaning up the lipstick mark away afterwards. On the red carpet they met Directors Sun and Jicheng. They were surprised to see him and asked if he was joining them.

604 – ML said he would be as Han Corp was the main investor of ‘Red Tiger’. He explained that he originally wanted to decline the invitation, but there was no way he would let Jicheng walk the red carpet with the FL. Jicheng and the veteran actors were speechless. The red carpet staff initially did not know who ML was and when he walked with the ‘Red Tiger’ crew, the journalists who had been noisily taking photos became curious about his presence with the ‘Red Tiger’ crew. Wang Qianyun who saw ML together with FL refused to admit that they looked very good together… and immediately suspected FL to be his girlfriend. But that’s impossible, why would the Hans allow a mere entertainer into their family? She asked her assistant Ai Fangyuan to identify FL and was told about ‘Red Tiger’ and FL was the heroine. “Yes, she was quite lucky that the previous actress suddenly wanted to increase her rates and so the director switched to her instead and so she landed in a box office hit.”

605 – “And Han Corp is the biggest investor in ‘Red Tiger’ too”. This sentence gave Wang some hope, surely he was there because of business! Wang made as if to contact the ML but he only paid attention to FL and ignored her. Ai Fangyuan was surprised: didn’t Wang say they were childhood friends? She did not believe Wang’s weak excuse that he did not see her. ML went on to sit with the ‘Red Tiger’. Two of the actors excused themselves to visit the toilet. Meanwhile, Mex’s VP Ryan was present at the premiere together with Director Bobbert and actors Berkeley and Susanna and called Wang Qianyun over. They were told that ML had actually attended but was with ‘Red Tiger’. They did not have high opinions about ‘Red Tiger’, didn’t it perform poorly elsewhere? It was only successful in China. Wang pandered to them, and Bobbert reveled in the fact that their subsidiary special effects company when hired by Chinese films had asked for top dollar for subpar results.

606 – Wang continued to pander to them while Bobbert sneered that audience must be ignorant to think so highly of ‘Red Tiger’; let his ‘Special Forces Team’ show them what a real action movie was. This was heard in passing by ‘Red Tiger’ actors Zhang Jian and Liu Chuanhui who were returning from the washroom. Zhang who was fluent in English had wanted to greet the famous Bobbert but became furious and told Liu what he had heard. They went back to their seats and seeing Zhang’s face, Jicheng asked what happened.

607 – Zhang told them what he heard, perfectly furious that those who want to take advantage of their domestic market would mock the domestic films so much. He then mentioned the “long-haired Asian woman” which ML confirmed to be Wang Qianyun, niece of Wang Juhuai. Zhang said she was the most disgusting of them all since she was Chinese and yet pandered to Bobbert and the rest. Jicheng stood up and suggested to leave, ML agreed. Just then Mex VP Ryan came together with Wang Qianyun to greet the ML. Wang was nervous because she had lied about her friendly relations with him to get a leg up in Mex. She felt ML won’t expose her, but as they approached him, he did not look at her at all.

608 – She wanted to excuse herself but Ryan refused. They went to greet ML and Jicheng. VP Ryan acted friendly-like and then had Wang step forward. She called him “Brother Han” but ML acted indifferently. Immediately Ryan realized something was wrong, that Wang had dared to lie to the company. She defended herself saying he was unfamiliar with her English name and reintroduced herself, putting on a pitiful and nervous face that caused those who heard Zhang’s story to be disgusted. ML told Ryan: “I think you are mistaken. I am not familiar with her, we are not friends”. Ryan: “But Eliza Wang said she knows you well, ever since childhood. Are you not familiar with Mr. Wang?”

609 – “I know Mr. Wang, but not her. I did not realize that not only Miss Wang here is flaunting Mr. Wang’s name outside, but also using my name too”. Wang paled and quickly mentioned about Wang Juhuai being her uncle, how was she misusing his name? Didn’t they meet often since young whenever he went to visit uncle? ML did not want to waste time on this, he told Ryan: “If you plan to use her because she is familiar to me, then you have made a mistake. If Mex is interested to discuss about cooperation, change someone else. If you send her, I will not meet her at all”. In a flash of a moment Ryan concluded that Wang Qianyun must have pissed ML off and immediately offered to change their representative, and hoped to have a meeting soon. ML said his schedule was full but will discuss with his assistant. Ryan was unhappy but smiled and left. Wang hurriedly called her uncle Juhuai and told her that she was in the city for the premiere.

610 – Wang Juhuai felt it was strange to receive a call from her out of the blue merely acknowledged it. Ryan who heard the call then remembered that Qianyun was after all the niece of Wang Juhuai, and relaxed his hostility. The event then began, with the cast and crew of ‘Special Forces Team’ being on stage for an interview. Director Bobbert was asked about ‘Red Tiger’ and he mentioned the high praise and box office it received. The journalists were happy that a domestic film had been acknowledged by a famous director, but then he went on to say that there was a gap and ‘Red Tiger’ was like Hollywood films of 20 years ago. He was surprised that such a movie would have such success here seeing how its effects, explosions, pacing and action were lacking.

edit:
    I have to say these past few chapters these Americans are depicted in the stereotypical “we’re better than you” way. It’s ridiculous for a director to go to another country to promote his film and yet make fun of the domestic films there. They are written in a completely braindead way: that they would be surprised if the people they had insulted would actually feel offended.

611 – The journalists began to stir as ‘Red Tiger’ was like a national pride. Someone told the director that experts had combed through the movie and found it realistic and authentic. Bobbert confidently said: “Isn’t this supposed to be the norm? Our film does it too and does it better”. Someone asked then if his ‘Special Forces Team’ would exceed the box office of ‘Red Tiger’. VP Ryan bailed him out by saying that box office wasn’t the only standard to measure how good a movie was, some movies are abstract. At this point FL suddenly stood up to join the stage. ML followed her and the guards did not dare to stop them. FL then asked for the microphone which was in the journalist’s hands. It was excitedly passed to her, they were eager for her to launch a counter.

612 – FL asked if ‘Special Forces Team’ was one of those abstract movies that people couldn’t understand. It was nonsense of course since it was a commercial film. “If it is not an abstract movie, it meant it and ‘Red Tiger’ would have the same sort of people enjoying them. Why couldn’t they compete over the box office?”. Wang Qianyun could see how close ML was standing to FL, she could just lean back and she would be in his arms. She did not like it, and so she answered: “They are not of the same level. ‘Red Tiger’ is amateurish and yet you are so self-satisfied. You have to work on your filmmaking for a few more years before you are at the level of ‘Special Forces Team’. You are the star of ‘Red Tiger’, aren’t you?” Jicheng stood up to say that he was Red Tiger’s director, while actors Liu and Zhang also went to join FL. Wang continued to disparage them, saying they became over-confident because of the box office. You need to wake up and take a good look at Special Forces Team and realize your own shortcomings. Some of the reporters were furious, demanding to know if she really was Chinese, praising the foreign film to the extent of mocking domestic ones. Wang said she was only responding to the question they themselves had asked. She had spoken the truth and now they didn’t like it? It stoked the fires of the audience who were becoming restless. Wang looked smugly at FL and waited for her to respond but was completely ignored; FL instead continued to ask Bobbert: “So according to you, if the movie did well it must be because of you. But if Special Forces Team didn’t exceed Red Tiger, then it’s not because the movie was poor but because the audience couldn’t appreciate it, not because you’re not a good filmmaker, is that right?”

613 – Bobbert was speechless as the audience laughed. Even Ryan was angry at Bobbert, what kind of moron would offend the people who would come to see his film? He tried to give an excuse about language problems in the interview, only for some journalists to mock him in English. FL brushed him aside: “Let the box office decide. When Special Forces Team surpasses Red Tiger, only then they can evaluate Red Tiger.”

614 – FL dropped the mike and left with the ML. Director Sun and 1/3 of the audience who had paid for the expensive tickets all got up to leave in disgust. Those who remained really were film buffs that liked Bobbert. Outside, FL was asked about the chances of Special Forces Team; she reminded them that she never said it was a bad movie. But she said there will be videos of the disastrous interview posted online and introduced her friend Xunzi, the paparazzi turned entertainment journalist. He had been there to cover the premiere and had recorded everything. Xunzi will be watching the movie so that he can give his opinion later.

615 – Midway being driven back home by ML, FL received a call from Jicheng: netizens had already uploaded their own videos about the premiere, sparking a boycott of the film. Others even promised to watch Red Tiger again to contribute to its box office. The netizens also poured scorn on Wang Qianyun.

616 – A few neutral-minded ones said they should at least give the movie a chance to find out which parts were lacking, and FL tagged them and thanked them for the suggestion but while they can accept criticisms, they should not accept arrogance. Xu Ning, FL’s fanclub and the cast of Red Tiger’s social network were mobilized in support. Once they reached home, ML went to make a call. Later they had usual evening of watching TV with FL’s mother who later noticed some internet posts from people buying pre-bookings tickets about how many cinemas were going to open for Special Forces Team. She shared it to FL.

617 – With the help of Han Corp which shut out Special Forces Team, Red Tiger maintained the first ranking of ticket sales. Special Forces Team was pushed down to third, below a children’s animated film. The netizens laughed. Someone pointed out how Han Corp is biased in favour of Red Tiger ever since the rivalry with The Hero, but was reminded that Han Corp was Red Tiger’s biggest investor after all. Others began to whip up a patriotic/nationalistic fervor. FL asked and ML admitted that he was behind this, ‘to teach them a lesson’. In order to see viewer reactions to Special Forces Team, the three of them stayed up past their usual bedtime. On her phone, FL saw that her chatroom of actors and directors were also waiting.

618 – After midnight, the first reactions were up: The film was good but for those who had watched Red Tiger, they might feel Special Forces Team draggy at times. Red Tiger had great action from the start to the end and left audiences on the edge of their seats, but Special Forces Team tried to inject on the horrors of war and caused viewers to wait for the second half of the movie for the best parts. It has a long dramatic story with poor pacing. Perhaps the director was overconfident from the successes of his previous movies. A few spoke up in defense of Bobbert on how the movie was dramatic and moving. FL’s phone rang: it was Xunzi reporting his impressions of movie. He actually fell asleep during the first half of the movie. He had seen the internet comments and thinks some of it was forcefully written to paint a better picture”. Meanwhile, Bobbert and Ryan were shocked and angered at being blocked by Han Corp. They had more than half of the country’s cinema screens and that meant their film had already lost most of its potential.

619 – Ryan then blew up at Wang Qianyun, refusing to believe her excuses. Actresses Susanna said the Chinese were too unprincipled, not giving their film a fair showing in order to win and yet talk about competition. Qianyun reminded her that she too was an American. The movie’s official social media account posted an update about Han Corp asking what is the point if Red Tiger won by such methods, are they too afraid to compete fairly? Han Corp needs to give an explanation. Han Corp responded: “Look at how Red Tiger was treated in your country and then compare it with Special Forces Team in our country. We are already very gracious, if you want fairness, first treat Red Tiger the same”. Jicheng and the cast of Red Tiger privately thanked FL for ML’s intervention. FL asked if they want to step up their attacks. They agreed and Jicheng even offered to pay. FL asked if they want Red Tiger to hit 7 billion.

620 – Jicheng was stunned. FL said Red Tiger could achieve 6 billion. If it wasn’t for Special Forces Team, they could have expected a total of 6.2 billion after the usual saturation. But because of this rivalry and the nonsense from Bobbert and Wang Qianyun, there is much public anger. We can fan the flames to promote Red Tiger. FL did the promotional plan while Jicheng funded it. ML asked what she was busy with, she told him her plans and said: “Let Hollywood know that if they want to come here to make money, they have to play by the rules here and keep us happy. If they want our money and yet disrespect us, then it will not end well. Like you said, it’s to teach them a lesson”. They kissed, lightly at first, and then it escalated.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. NeedGoodNovels

NeedGoodNovels New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sooo much. I look forward to your summaries more now:blobjoy:

3. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers :)

4. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminder: I wrote all this when I was resting in the hospital some time back. I'm going to run out of them soon as I did it to fill my time in between tests.

621-640
    621 – No matter how FL had planned, she ended up become passive before him. Not that she disliked it. They flirted more before ML reminded her than her mother was away playing the violin with friends. FL was unable to escape as she was on his lap; he was going to carry her to the bedroom. FL: “No, I still have some urgent things to do.” ML: “I am also very urgent.” At this time FL’s computer beeped several times, it seems she had some messages and replies. FL moved slightly but was hugged closer. “Don’t move,” he growled intimately into her ears.

622 – FL trembled. “Don’t make trouble; I need to reply to them”. ML refused to leave: “You do yours; I’ll just hold you like this”. FL tried her best to focus. Her tabloid contact asked her if they should proceed with her plan. She told him to wait as she checked the online media and found quite a few positive comments about Special Forces Team from some actors and directors who stayed during the premiere. Director Li Guangshu even directly compared Red Tiger in his praise of Bobbert’s depth. Director Zhang Lun said that the country still awaits someone like Bobbert and admitted his own flaws ‘unlike some young arrogant people who have achieved some success and not listen to criticism’. This of course alludes to Jicheng or even FL directly, causing the netizens to be furious. Who did not know how his ‘The Hero’ had been crushed by Red Tiger?

623 – The netizens mocked those pandering to Special Forces Team. One of Zhang’s apprentice Wang Shuyi took to the net to scold them, saying that laymen look at the flashy stuff while professionals look all aspects. It only riled up the netizens even more: “the film was simply not entertaining, do you expect us to applaud still? If you want to feel good, why don’t you directors make movies and show them off to each other only and not put them in the cinema. It’s disgusting to see you trying to please Bobbert. What can he give you? He looks down on you, he won’t be your friend too. Want him to bring you to Hollywood? Don’t dream about it!” Quite a few industry veterans continued to praise Bobbert, much to the disgust of ML. FL paid them no mind and posted a simple update: “I did not expect Special Forces Team which is not well received by the audience to continue to hype for us. But I am grateful to everyone who mentioned ‘Red Tiger’ and my name, thank you for keeping us trending.”

624 – When checked, it really was true that FL and Red Tiger were trending. Those like Wang Shuyi, Zhang Lun etc felt they were being played. To delete their posts wouldn’t change anything, in the end FL still benefited. Zhang Lun belatedly remembered how proficient FL was and wavered about deleting his account. After being seeking advice from his own PR team; Zhang Lun bit the bullet and decided to delete it.

625 – It was immediately discovered by the netizens to the glee of FL’s fans and dismay of Zhang Lun’s supporters. Wang Shuyi said they merely didn’t want to be taken advantage of by some people as a trending tool. Netizen: “Where did you come from? Use you? Look at the number of your fans and then compare to those of Red Tiger and their actors. Who is using who? Go back to whence you came, we do not know you!”. Wang Shuyi was insulted; after all he was really a director with a few movies. He was told that “to despise others, you must first be on their level. Otherwise, what qualifications do you have?” Eventually someone asked him and Zhang Lun, “May I ask if you have a total box office of over 6 billion?”. ML saw all this happening with just a few words from the FL and praised her. He then broached the subject of marriage and suggested registration first: “You are young and so beautiful, what am I to do if someone snatches you away? I’m already old, it was not easy for me to find you, and I need to take some safeguards.” In fact these were Grandma’s words of warning to ML.

626 – “But of course, no one will snatch you away. Not to say I am overconfident, but I am sure that I am better than any man. Anyone who treats you well, I will do it better so that you will not even look at other men. In your heart you will compare and feel that I am indeed the better choice. Furthermore, I believe in you too. You won’t be taken away by others. After all, you love me so much.” FL wanted to make a snarky comment but couldn’t, she really did love him that much. “Once this thing with Red Tiger is over, let’s discuss our engagement,” ML said. “I believe in you, and I want it to be done earlier so that I can put the engagement ring on your finger”. Suddenly he held her closer. “Or you don’t want to be engaged with me?” FL: “I am thinking… I had also thought of it earlier. But suddenly appeared a Wang Qianyun. Who knows who else are lining up behind her to call you Big Brother Han”. ML was startled, thinking that his treatment of Wang should have been obvious and settled since FL didn’t say anything about it. Who’d knew she would suddenly counter-attack at this moment. ML laughed, delighted to know that she was jealous. He showered her with kisses causing her to turn red. “What the hell are you laughing at?”

627 – “I am happy you are jealous. Your jealous face is so cute. Because this means you care about me, that you like me very much!” FL was waspish: “Who told you to look for people?” ML then explained how Qianyun was the niece of the composer Wang Juhuai who had dealings with his father. Qianyun’s side of the family were not good people, and they would magically appear whenever he and his father visited Juhuai. ML had been frankly angry with her and Juhuai had blocked her from disturbing him too. He did not expect her to show up with Special Forces Team. FL nodded in understanding and kissed him as a reward, and said Qianyun probably would not seek him out again, but if she does, he must decisively get rid of her. ML: “Other than my family, the only person I could not bear to angry with is you. No matter male or female”. FL was heartened, but now knew she had an enemy in Wang Qianyun. She returned to the computer while still on his lap. The tabloid contact praised how she had turned things around. FL said they should continue.

628 – That night articles of Red Tiger appeared everywhere. On Sunday, Director Zhang Lun waited for the Saturday box office numbers eagerly. Wang Shuyi told him that Red Tiger only received 120 million; he was delighted at its apparent downward trend. Even Jicheng was a little embarrassed as he called the FL.

629 – FL comforted him, knowing that he was also worried for her since she had staked her own face too. She was grateful to him for his caring. “You haven’t seen anything yet,” she told him to wait patiently as the effects of promotion and negative news of Special Force Team would take time to appear. Many who had been burned by the FL in the past were now eyeing at the numbers carefully. They wanted to gloat but remembered what had happened to them before, and so they decided to watch for a few more days.

630 – They endured until the following Thursday. Wang Shuyi was the first to step up, saying how Red Tiger’s box office didn’t grow much. Li Guangshu followed suit saying how it was actually declining and the promotion did not have any effect, that FL was too young and got overconfident, that this would be a lesson for her. Zhang Xiaoying: She was blinded by her previous success. Qiao Luna: It is time for FL to wake up. Some netizens too turned on FL, saying that it was naïve for her to compete against Bobbert. Red Tiger had done quite well but she was too greedy and now became a joke. Zhang Lun: Originally we just made some comments on the movie, but they thought they were too big to be criticized. Now the results are out and in the end the audience is the most sensible”. FL did not respond as she was in class. Red Tiger actor Liu, Jicheng and FL’s supporters fired back. FL did not know until classes were over, she was moved when Jicheng called to warn her about the online attacks.

631 – FL then called to thank veteran Liu who brushed it aside. He told her not to blame co-star Zhang for not posting, he stopped him because his career had just started. Lu allowed Liu to comfort her. All day she kept receiving calls. Then FL noticed her three school friends were hesitating over something. When asked, FL was told that there was a special lecture by Bobbert and the actors Berkeley and Susanna in the school’s auditorium. In fact Principle Liu was troubled as this had been arranged long ago before the premiere problems with Red Tiger.

632 – FL smiled and said while they had disrespected the Chinese film industry, they really had some skills. It would be useful to learn from them. She told them to go but would not attend as it would probably cause a fuss. As it happened Zhang Xiaoying was nearby and agreed that FL shouldn’t go as she had talked big to Bobbert but nothing to show for it. FL reminded her that Red Tiger had 6.5 billion, there was nothing for her to be ashamed. Instead, you should go take front seat and learn something to upgrade your acting skills. ZXY fired back: “What about you, you think you are so great?” FL: “I am nothing great, just the heroine of a 6.5 billion box office movie”.

633 – ZXY was furious and warned that the record would be broken. “Even if it was broken it would not be by you, what you are so proud of?” and they left ZXY stewing in the dust. FL was about to part ways before the auditorium when Wang Qianyun appeared. “You came too? You talked so big earlier, now you’re here to learn from Bobbert, your face is sure thick enough.” “I’m not as good as you who knelt for them,” FL said. They continued back and forth with Wang becoming more furious. FL’s three friends were incensed and changed their minds about attending the lecture and they left. FL then received a call; he had seen FL and her friends leaving school. She told him about the special lecture and that they did not want to attend.

634 – ML was annoyed that Qianyun had sought FL out, but cooled down and reminded FL of his promise to take her friends to eat. They agreed enthusiastically and nearly swooned after seeing his face clearly for the first time; he was hundred times more handsome than Han Zhuofeng and had a mature charm. “Where did you find him, I want one!” “You’ll have to wait; this isn’t a factory mass production. There is only one of my boyfriend,” FL said proudly. Once in the car, the girls whispered to each to other that the ML really looked familiar…

635 – ML overheard them and finally introduced himself as Han Zhuoli. They finally recognized him. No wonder The Hero had been suppressed when it was released at the same time as Red Tiger, no wonder Han Corp had closed off from showing Special Forces Team. FL’s boyfriend was the CEO of Han Corp! They became tongue-tied and were awed, ML reminded them that he was not the CEO at the moment; he is FL’s boyfriend now. Pan Xue then giggled, and reminded them about Zhang Xiaoying, Zhuang Tingting and Yu Jingxian; she can’t wait to see their reaction once this relationship was made public. ML brought them to a private room of a restaurant, while waiting Zheng Yuan saw a recording of the special lecture. Bobbert was crowing about his film, the actors, the technology and techniques and on and on about how superior they were to China’s.

636 – Some of the students couldn’t bear it and had left early. As Bobbert kept on the disrespect, the thousand students dwindled to less than 300, half of which were actually the staff and administrators of the school. FL and ML watched a few more clips and comments. The school tried to get the students back to appease Bobbert. The students complained that Bobbert must be brain dead. Some said it changed their minds about FL, at first they thought she was just bragging but now know it wasn’t true. And those who kept supporting Bobbert online are completely disgusting people themselves. The person who posted the video Zhao Yulin said she did it to support FL and expose the hypocrites that blindly supported Bobbert.

637 – ZXY and her cronies and Fan Haoyue were stuck: they could not badmouth FL or Bobbert. ZXY sneakily deleted her account to avoid being implicated. Zhao Yulin posted a picture of the near empty auditorium and wrote about how Bobbert was acting high and mighty and that the lecture was just a marketing event to promote his ‘superior’ film. She cheered for Red Tiger and a few other disillusioned posters said they would support it and boycott Special Forces Team. The netizens were at first skeptical but then a full length uncut video was posted. Bobbert had left early because the students were almost all gone. The neutrals who thought competition for box office numbers was accepted practice, but wasting the students’ opportunity for learning just to promote your own film was too much.

638 – People are beginning to heap scorn on Director Zhang who had praised Bobbert who had said derogatory things about Chinese film culture. A boycott movement began to support domestic films over Special Forces Team… and The Hero. Wang Shuyi tried rallying Zhang’s supporters. Then the school itself posted an update: It explained how they had invited Bobbert, Berkeley and Susanna to teach and learn, but it was counterproductive. The school expressed its shock and dissatisfaction with Bobbert’s speech and apologized to the students, promising to do better and invite better educators in the future. If Director Bobbert does not apologize, the school will cease all cooperation with him. The students felt proud of the school. FL was also happy, but aware that Principle Liu probably did it to appease the ML and to show that he was on her side.

639 – Zhang Lun and those like him were antsy; they had praised Bobbert just to spite FL and now this had backfired on them. They could only count on the fans of Bobbert to absorb the blows, and hoped that Red Tiger’s box office was not too affected. After the meal, FL’s friends decided to take a taxi back to their dorm; they feared being jinxed after being blessed with a meeting with Han Zhuoli. In the taxi they excited discussed about FL and ML and decided to keep it a secret for now, even though they wanted to smack the faces of Zhang Xiaoying and the rest. That midnight, Special Forces Team finally opened. FL browed through the box office app the next day to check. Due to the pre-booking sales and initial hype, it still topped the day’s box office. Wang Qianyun revealed the data to the Special Forces Team group who had gathered to see. “They shouted for boycotts but in the end we are still far ahead.”

640 – Bobbert was proud that he had 160 million for the day while Red Tiger only had 15 million. The other movies were not worth talking about. He felt justified: Red Tiger was only successful because there was no Hollywood movie fighting it. He had the movie’s official weibo post the box office result. Wang and Bobbert forwarded it and said that a good movie would be recognized by everyone, the audience is the best evidence. It was immediately congratulated by Zhang Lun, Wang Shuyi and the others. This time they were smart enough not to actually mention Red Tiger. In FL’s chatroom the actor Zhang Jian was furious, everyone knows about the pre-booking sales. FL calmed him down and said actually the sales for all domestic films (except The Hero) had some increase too. Zhang said he didn’t know and will check. He was stunned to see that Red Tiger’s figure had increased to 32.89 million, wasn’t it just 16.7 million ten minutes ago? An hour later he found out that Special Forces Team was still first with 163 million. Red Tiger was still second… with 69.73 million.

5. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sooooo much.......:blobReach::blobReach::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

6. NeedGoodNovels

NeedGoodNovels New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuu sooooo much:blobxd::blobxd:

7. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    641-665

641 – Fifth was an animated film with 13.54 million. Sixth was ‘The Hero’ with a paltry 2.55 million. In that one hour Special Forces Team rose by 3 million but Red Tiger gained 30 million. Bobbert was bewildered and his group began to feel the effects of the negative word-of-mouth. At 10pm, Red Tiger was first with 526 million, Special Forces Team fell to fifth with 172 million, below the animated movie which had 179 million, while The Hero had 3.56 million. Bobbert and his group realized that the netizens were promoting all other domestic films to suppress them. The netizens organized themselves for maximum impact to teach Bobbert a lesson.

642 – When Wang Qianyun translated their comments, Bobbert and his group were furious. VP Ryan asked who had organized them, Wang discovered it was the FL. They could only ask their PR to post on social media decrying FL’s despicable methods. FL merely forwarded it as evidence of Special Forces Team being afraid and her fans crowed over it. When Wang translated them it left Bobbert speechless. Then Red Tiger announced that they reached a box office of over 7 billion in total. FL did all this while she was still in ML’s arms, commanding like a general over the internet battlefield and charming his heart as he watched.

643 – Other PR firms stayed up late to study FL’s methods, concluding that they could still learn things from her. ML posted a very rare update asking when ‘The Hero’ would finally be removed. It was forwarded to the CEOs of the other cinema chains and caught the eyes of the netizens. Meanwhile the other domestic films profusely thanked the support they had received and congratulated each other on their successes.

644 – One of them cheekily mentioned that they had exceeded even Special Forces Team much to Bobbert’s fury. By now ML and FL have put this issue aside; they were taking FL’s mother to visit ML’s family home to discuss their official engagement. They looked at FL to decide: she preferred a simple meal together instead of a big event. Grandma was anxious enough to ask if they could do it that very day.

645 – Xia Qingwei smiled and expressed her understanding. FL truly did not expect to be engaged this very day and while in a daze could only say “Yes”. When Grandma asked, ML suddenly realized that he had yet to buy an engagement ring and received a scolding. She insisted that he go buy it immediately. She then called Han Zhuofeng who was filming. He too was surprised, wasn’t it supposed to be a discussion, how did it become the actual engagement? Grandma said they wanted to keep it simple and since everyone was there, they might as well just do it and told him to come back.

646 – Grandma then called his father Han Dongping but when he said he was doing some business over golfing, she then called his wife Lin Dongye to come instead. At the jewelry store, the couple were picking out each other’s rings. When it came to paying, FL paid for his ring and then asked for his wallet to check on his ID card. She finally found out his birth date and realized that it was the next month. Right in front of the cashier, ML kissed FL and said: “I have already booked for myself the birthday present.”

647 – “You being engaged to me and being my fiancée is the best birthday present,” he said. FL said she still had to give him a gift and teased that she had no idea what it would be when asked. ML took the ring and placed it onto her finger. FL did the same to him and said: “If there are other women in the future, remember to show them the ring first.” When they finally left the store, the cashier sighed with relief: “Finally they left; otherwise I would break up with my boyfriend.”

648 – ML noticed how emotional FL was as they walked. She had been thinking how fortunate she was compared to her previous life when she had been betrayed by He Zhengbai. She hugged him close and admitted that she did not expect such developments since the first day they met. She really did think of trying out things with the ML but not whole-heartedly, but now she could no longer dare to think of a life without him. ML: “Don’t even think about it. Because I will always be by your side”. Another kiss, and then a phone call from Grandma urging them to hurry home. She wanted to see the ring and ML lifted up FL’s hand: “Look, it’s already on her.”

649 – She was pleased but when he told Grandma that FL too bought a ring for him too, she was annoyed. She didn’t mind ML paying for FL but FL shouldn’t be spending money on him. ML said FL is actually rich now: Red Tiger was going to break 8 billion box office after all. FL’s mother was skeptical but ML said it had already reached 7.6 billion. 10 billion is impossible but 9 billion was still realistic. Speaking of which, let’s check the internet… FL finally saw the box office for Special Forces Team and was relieved that she was successful. The netizens were mocking Directors Zhang and his apprentice Wang. The doorbell rang and Han Dongping’s wife Madam Lin arrived. When FL and her mother were introduced, Lin was shocked to hear that ML was engaged with a view for marriage.

650 – Lin recognized FL as the heroine from Red Tiger and praised her for defending the domestic film industry. Grandma approved of this daughter-in-law who was more sensible than her son Han Dongping who had introduced the flighty Dai Yiran long ago. Lin privately disagreed about her husband Dongping wanting to use ML to get close to the Dai family but didn’t do/say anything because she knew the scheme would never succeed anyway. When Grandma told her that Dongping was busy today, Lin said she would handle the matter so that Grandma and Dongping could both save face. Lin then reminded her about the customary presents of gold for engagement. Madam Shen Nuo who did not have other children did not know of such things, and Lin said her own experience with her eldest son might not be applicable in FL’s case.

651 – The three ladies agreed that FL wouldn’t mind about such matters but Grandma insisted and brought out her personal jewelry and gifted them to FL as traditional engagement presents. There are other things but FL’s mother said it was unnecessary: she had seen the love and care the ML and the Han family had for FL. She had never experienced such things before and thus this was all priceless. Material gifts do not matter. The Hans knew that she was also thinking of the other children of the Han family: they would be too pressured to match the gifts given to FL in the future and that could cause problems. Grandma was pleased by her tactfulness and knew that they didn’t make the wrong choice.

652 – ML: “While waiting for marriage, all along I have decided to give everything to Lu Man”. This stinky kid was not yet married but was already so obedient to the wife. Just as they settled down for a feast, the doorbell rang again. It was Wang Qianyun who introduced herself as ML’s friend and Mr. Han knows of her. The butler was hesitant because the family inside was celebrating the engagement, besides this Wang seemed too haughty. The butler dutifully told her to wait and passed the info to Grandma who wanted no visitors on this joyous day.

653 – ML’s father Han Xijin did recognize the name, it was Wang Juhuai’s niece. He did not interfere in her obvious puppy love for ML long ago because in the end it was ML who would decide. Of course, when Madam Shen Nuo found out it was still Han Xijin who got scolded for being too casual with people who had such obvious agendas approaching their son. Madam Shen Nuo reminded him how Wang had been with the Special Forces Team group and had sneered on the Chinese industry. She identifies herself as American rather than Chinese. Grandpa Han heard this and warned Han Xijin to get rid of her. Even if ML was not engaged (which he is now), they should distance themselves away from this Wang. In a blink of an eye Han Xijin found himself hemmed in by their words. Meanwhile, FL’s mother Xia reacted slightly when she heard the name Wang Juhuai. Grandma told the butler to say that they are in the midst of a wedding engagement party and it’s not convenient to receive guests.

654 – If Wang had some dignity she would respectfully withdraw. The butler then went to inform her as ordered. Wang was shocked and asked to know who was engaged with whom? The butler said it was none of her business but told her it was ML, as to with whom, she can go back and wait for the press release like everyone else. Wang had planned to firstly approach the Hans in order to get to ML. Now everything was ruined and there was no hope for her… but she can wait and see who the fiancée was. Meanwhile, ML took a blurry photo of FL’s hand and the ring and posted about his engagement. “Today will be the anniversary, please advise me for the rest of the life.”

655 – Those who had followed ML was stunned to see that he had posted again so quickly after the last time, seeing how he would only post once or twice a year. The netizens were envious of the woman who became his fiancée and speculated on her identity. FL read the comments and laughed: a thousand of ML’s admirers had their hearts shattered by this engagement. Now he was hers and hers alone. ML knew that if not for her father Lu Qiyuan, FL would have loudly and publicly announced her identity. She did not want the Lu family to use this relationship and drag him down.

656 – Lu Qiyuan was the sort who would even make use of the Han name without their knowledge and muddy their reputation. ML understood all of FL’s concerns. They took a photo to be shared with ML’s elite ‘8-8-64’ group and announced their engagement. They received congratulations. Some remembered how MF had been beaten by Grandma’s feather duster in order to urge him to settle down, and teased how it had worked… maybe the matriarchs of other families with single men would do the same… ML commented that Zhuofeng might be next much to his chagrin. While ML announced his engagement, FL on social media changed her status: ‘From girlfriend to official fiancée”. The netizens were surprised, was today an auspicious day to get engaged?

657 – Someone suggested that maybe FL was ML’s fiancée but such an idea was thought far-fetched. They remembered that FL had declared that she had boyfriend long ago before she was famous. The fans of her enemies meanwhile sneered at her announcement timing; that she was jumping on Han Zhuoli’s bandwagon. They knew she was Han Corp’s artiste and she probably wanted to cause some minor scandal or misunderstanding to announce it at the same day as the engagement of Han Corp’s CEO. Outside of the Han family home, a tired Wang Qianyun staked out the entrance from her car. Finally the doors opened and she saw Madam Lin and Han Zhuofeng, followed by ML, FL and FL’s mother. Then Madam Shen Nuo and Han Xijin. Even the Han elders appeared to send them off. She had seen ML’s weibo update earlier. Now Wang Qianyun saw this amicable scene with her own eyes.

658 – Wang finally admitted that ML was truly engaged, yet she could not bear the idea of the great Han family to simply pick such ‘common goods’. She actually went out and loudly greeted Han Xijin as Uncle Han, shocking everyone. She introduced herself as niece of Wang Juhuai, that Uncle Han used to bring Big Brother Han over to Uncle Juhuai’s house. FL tried to pinch ML’s waist: a woman had just called him Big Brother Han! She failed because he was too muscular and instead of pain he felt pleasure from her fingers instead. When Grandma did not reply to her, Wang instead turned to greet Han Xijin who really did have a good relationship with Wang Juhuai. He greeted her distantly as ‘Miss Wang’, knowing that she had changed from the child he had known. Besides, his family had given him grief earlier about her.

659 – Wang was stunned but tried to have him call her Yunyun as before. Madam Shen Nuo gave her husband a look and knew he was in trouble. “Miss Wang, is there something?” she asked. Wang said she had come back to China and decided to visit them. “Come back? But didn’t you say you are an American? Back to which country?” Madam Shen Nuo asked. She did not give Wang any face at all: “Today we have a family matter and not convenience to receive you”. Wang asked ML if Lu Man was his girlfriend. ML said no, causing her to have brief hope. ML: “She is now my fiancée.” A look of hatred flashed on Wang and ML held FL protectively. Wang laughed about how ML had kept saying he did not have a girlfriend and yet suddenly has a fiancée. Maybe he should think about it more. ML knew what she was implying, that he kept FL hidden because of shameful circumstances etc. “Wang Qianyun,” ML said her name coldly and Wang realized that he had never called her intimately ever before. It was always her name or ‘Miss Wang’. ML: “I am giving you face as a sign of respect to Wang Juhuai. But since you are here to throw away your dignity, I won’t be polite any longer. You coming here today, other than trying to ingratiate yourself to my family, is it related to Special Forces Team?”

660 – Wang: “What are you saying, Big Brother Han? I am here to visit the family.” ML: “My family does not need you to visit. My grandparents do not meet outsiders, as for my parents… Well, you saw it yourself. My father wants nothing to do with you and my mother doesn’t like you. Do not appear before them again, in case my mother misunderstands you and my father”. Han Xijin: “Bad son!” You want to deal with her, why drag me into the water? He immediately turned to Madam Shen Nuo: “Don’t listen to this stinky kid; he’s dumping his problem on me!” Madam Shen Nuo then told Wang: “Miss Wang, you need to have some self-respect and keep your distance from the opposite sex so as not to cause misunderstandings. Whether with me or with Lu Man”. Wang was teary-eyed, ML had literally thrown her aside to his own father. Now that her agenda had been laid bare by ML, she couldn’t even raise the topic of Special Forces Team. Grandma then apologized to FL’s mother Xia Qingwei for the farce. Even if Xia knew everything, surely her heart would be sour by seeing some random Wang Qianyun trying to cling on to the ML. “But rest assured, if Zhuo Li dares to be astray, I will break his leg!”

661 – Xia Qingwei laughed and said she knows full well how ML loves FL. Grandma was happy and then scolded ML: “See, how lucky you are to have such an understanding mother-in-law! In the future don’t go around provoking such messy women. You dare to fool around again and I’ll unseal the feather duster!” ML shuddered and promised, besides; where can he find someone as good as FL? Wang who saw how intimate ML and FL were could only swallow her anger even as she had been scolded as if she had been invisible. The family then dispersed to their respective cars and not paying attention to Wang at all. She could only return to her car and called her mother Luo Wangyuan to tell her that ML was engaged. Luo was furious: They were childhood friends and Wang had waited for him for so many years and yet he found someone else? Wang: “Mom… I am going to snatch him back!” Luo quieted down and asked: “Are you sure?” Wang remembered the attitudes of the Han family and the ML. She knew that ordinary methods are useless.

662 – Wang was determined: even if she got divorced later she would forever be ‘Mrs Han’ in the future. But no, she will never divorce; she will cling on to ML until his death. She hoped to use Uncle Juhuai as a way to get ML. But there are some problems, her uncle himself was undergoing divorce with his wife. Meanwhile, ML received an angry call from his father. “How dare you make your mom misunderstand me and that Wang! Help me make your mom understand the truth!” From the phone ML could hear Madam Shen Nuo in the background: “Understand your fart!” He told his father: “Dad, you’re losing your cool and cold image”. His father snorted: “Let’s see how you handle it when Lu Man does it to you!”. Madam Shen Nuo exasperated interrupted them: “Don’t change the subject! Anyways, you are no longer allowed to use your father as a shield.”

663 – At FL’s home while ML was washing up, Xia asked FL about her future home plans. ML seemed very comfortable here, but had she given any thought to move out and live with him? FL did not want to leave her mother alone but Xia said it would be inconvenient for a mother-in-law to be around.

664 – FL was also worried about the Lu family, Xia said she could just bolt the doors and stay inside and call FL and ML for help. Xia said that it’s inevitable for a couple to move out sooner or later. When ML returned, Xia said he should take FL back to his place. He demurred, only for Xia to tease if he planned to dump FL once he got tired of her, was that why he didn’t want to commit? Marry or not to marry? ML was really afraid: “I have been looking for a wife my entire life. We’ll get the marriage license tomorrow!” FL: “You got scared, is your heart guilty?”

665 – In fact ML had prepared everything long ago, even the things for FL. He promised to bring FL back regularly to visit Xia. Once they have left the realization of being alone dawned on Xia. She took out her violin and played. It was a lullaby that she had sang for FL in her childhood… it was also the song he had taught her. She sighed as she stored the violin. If it wasn’t for Wang Qianyun, she would not have thought of the song. In the car, FL received a call from Zheng Yuan who congratulated her on the engagement.

8. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally they got engaged!!!!! .... Thanks for the spoilers :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

KatherinaAeonian likes this.
  9. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    666-680

666 – She received other calls too from other friends. Even Director Wu managed a few brief words. At ML’s house his servants were stunned to see him return, wasn’t he staying at FL’s house all this time? Then ML told them that FL would be staying with him from now on. Once they had settled their luggage ML grabbed FL close in the bedroom. He remembered how she had teased him earlier and now it was payback. She laughed and called him fiancé… to which he demanded for her to call him husband. She was shy, but ML urged her and called her wife. Eventually she caved and called him. “Husband!”

667 – He told her not to worry about the noise, and FL understood too late what he meant. She regretted about moving in with the ML and snarled when he smiled at her after they were done: “Don’t try to act handsome to get away with this!” They then shared the bathtub together.

668 – Afterwards they fooled around a bit more. ML suggested shopping on the weekend: she could decorate the place as she saw fit.

669 – The next day when ML reluctantly went to work, FL remembered her laptop at Xia’s place and went back to get it. Xia was surprised and asked if she had more PR work. FL said this time it was personal: Wang Qianyun had disrespected domestic movies and now dared to stalk around her private affairs. She called and engaged her tabloid friend regarding Wang Qianyun: there have plenty of her disparaging remarks and negative thoughts about everything China.

670 – An hour later the friend sent back the hit piece on Wang which quickly gotten attention from the netizens. Does Mex know they are employing such a person? They surely must have known, but they don’t care. Maybe… because they agree with her.

671 – The netizens began blowing up and the words of Wang Qianyun were taken as if to be the words and attitude of the company Mex itself and the film ‘Special Forces Team’. The president of Mex was alarmed enough to call VP Ryan in the middle of the night. VP Ryan then tried to hire some PR to diffuse the situation, only to be refused point blank because its CEO was ML’s personal friend Wen Zilin, one of the eight major families. Also, Miss Wang and Bobbert had insulted their country and people and therefore he would not help. VP Ryan turned to smaller companies who were willing to handle the matter but they could not control the anger of the netizens.

672 – Protests began to mount against cinemas that were showing ‘Special Forces Team’. The film took a big hit and earnings stagnated. Desperate, VP Ryan declared that Wang Qianyun’s postings were her own personal views and nothing to do with the company or the film. The netizens only got more furious as Wang had made the same sort of remarks at the actual premiere of the movie. When the cinemas began to shelve the film in favour of ‘Red Tiger’, VP Ryan called to complain. Instead he was advised to solve Wang Qianyun first. Not wanting to be held responsible for the film’s poor box office, VP Ryan then had Mex issue a statement regarding Wang Qianyun’s negative impact. She would be removed from all duties and dismissed. Pan Xue who was reading the news immediately informed FL.

673 – Her classmates said she deserved it, though they thought it was too light a punishment. FL did not think so; she reminded them about Mex’s influence. Wang Qianyun would never be able to get another job in the industry again. Any company that wishes to do business in China would never hire her, and FL would remind those who forgot about her tactless remarks. Counselor Liang entered the class to announce the Huayi Cup, a national performance competition for students from 23 schools and sponsored by Han Corp. It was organized every four years and judged by all the teachers as well as representatives from Han Corp. Han Corp will pick the best and offer them contracts.

674 – Counselor Liang reminded them that taking first place was not that important. They would be watched by Han Corp and so their attitude and effort would also be in consideration to be picked. First place is still a great honor and to add to that, the school had decided that it would also get an automatic spot for the exchange program with New York University. This year’s Huayi Cup is also special, because they would be collaborating with the show ‘Performer’ by Star TV afterwards. The top five from the Huayi Cup would be joining the show.

675 – For the cup, each school would have ten representatives, thus a total of 230 participants. The final ten of the Huayi Cup would actually be broadcasted online as part of the joint venture with Star TV. FL was motivated to see how well she would do. As school ended early that day, she then went to Han Corp; firstly to visit the PR Department.

676 – She was greeted by her old colleagues and some new faces. Sister Li told her that Xia Mengxuan had quit on her own initiative even though nobody had bullied her. Sister Li also said that Wang Qianyun was returning to the US, even FL was surprised at the speed. They talked a bit more and then FL left to look for the ML. Assistant Zheng came down to escort her up and told her that ML had pushed aside all his appointments for her. When she entered his office, FL apologized for disrupting his work.

677 – ML instead was peeved that she did not come to see him first. He grabbed her close and they fooled around a little before returning to work. FL waited at the side and browsed the net on her phone as he worked. Once he was done, they prepared to leave but were told by Zheng that Wang Qianyun had been waiting for him downstairs for ages and had refused to leave. FL casually asked if she had been here before, ML said it was on the day of premiere and he had told her that he already had a girlfriend, and that she would not be allowed to see him thereafter.

678 – Once they were out of the elevator, Wang Qianyun greeted ML “big brother Han”. She asked to speak with him privately but he refused. She was not qualified to request FL to go away, speak now because this was her last chance to do so. Wang instead asked FL to leave, FL smiled and also refused. Wang scolded her for being tactless; did FL think she was good to be so sticky? ML answered: “It is good”. Helpless, Wang finally said that she was leaving for the US and that she was here for him. He scoffed at the suggestion and ended the talk by signaling to the security guards to stop her from following them. As FL and ML left, Wang could only demand to know “Big brother Han, what is so good about the woman!?” ML stopped in his tracks and wrapped his arm around FL’s waist. “My Man-man is the best, everything about her is good and no one can match her in any way. You? Forget it.” It was the first time Wang heard the ML call someone so intimately, yet all she received was a look of undisguised disdain. In the car, ML and FL drove in silence. ML kept peeking at her and finally asked if she was angry about Wang Qianyun.

679 – FL: “I had been angry long ago. But now I know your attitude towards her and how you feel about me, so why should I care about some irrelevant person? I am actually afraid that my temper would trouble you and affect things between us. So, really, do you want me to be angry or not?” ML smirked: “Up to you.” There was no helping this man, he was actually hoping that she was jealous… That Saturday they went shopping and FL decorated the bedroom. Another week later was his birthday, which coincidentally the last day of Red Tiger’s showing. Before that, Special Forces Team had been wiped away from all the cinemas in China. For grand blockbuster, a box office of 957 million was a joke, the lowest foreign movie earning in history. Red Tiger meanwhile achieved 8.929 billion and that itself became a hot topic. Somehow FL’s contract with Jicheng was leaked. After returning the investments of Han Corp and other producers, the biggest beneficiaries were Jicheng and FL. Someone mentioned that FL had been setting records in her movies and their box office performances were extraordinary. It was very lucky too especially with Bobbert’s brain dead comments.

680 – Still, FL’s ability and influence cannot be denied. She had pushed the domestic film industry to new heights by competing against the foreign juggernaut. The netizens wondered if Lu Qi was regretting what she had done. No matter, she would not have done as good as a job as FL at all. Still, she could only blame herself for being shortsighted.

10. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers

KatherinaAeonian likes this.
  11. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

12. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    681-700

681 – In the Lu Family, Xia Qingyang screeched about how Lu Qi was being bullied. Lu Qiyuan was exasperated as slowly more and more of Xia Qingyang’s true nature began to leak out as time passed. When he asked what had happened, Xia told him that FL’s contract with Jicheng had been talked about. She had gotten a huge windfall because she was due a slice of the 8.9 billion box office instead of the usual hiring rates.

682 – Lu Qi had always thought that FL had robbed her of her chance to be popular again. She also blamed her mother for her terrible advice to pressure Jicheng for higher pay back then. Everything Lu Man gained today was actually hers, now all she had left was ridicule. Xia Qingyang was startled but managed to talk her way out, surely it was because FL had conspired with Jicheng to trap Lu Qi, it wasn’t really her fault. She then told Lu Qiyuan that FL was now a very rich woman, she could afford to give some money to Lu Qi to make a movie. Lu Qiyuan was not convinced and so Xia instead said that the money should be given to him. She’s his daughter, she should honor him! Your company is in trouble, she should step in to help! The company couldn’t help Lu Qi now, but once Lu Man gives you money, you can turn the company around. Then you will be able to support Lu Qi.”

683 – Lu Qi added her own words saying how FL was still part of the Lu family. It was fine that FL didn’t care about Lu Qi or Xia Qingyang, but shouldn’t she be filial to you as your daughter? Besides, FL is more and more overbearing in school and there was nowhere for Lu Qi to go… Lu Qiyuan was more and more convinced as they shredded his hesitations. Finally Xia Qingyang said she had a way to get FL to help Lu Qi so that Lu Qiyuan didn’t need to spend precious company resources.

684 – She said FL obviously knows the directors Sun and Jicheng very well. As long as she asked for it, surely they could find someone in their network to give Lu Qi some work. Lu Qi then told them that FL had a very rich boyfriend. Even the school’s principle had to give him and his family some face.

685 – Lu Qiyuan did not believe in FL’s ability to snag such a powerful in-law. He tried to call her but found himself blocked. Later he drove over to Xia Qingwei’s house and shouted for her to open the door. The annoyed man inside was bigger and younger than Lu. The new occupant demanded what the hell they were doing at his house that he had bought. An annoyed neighbor recognized the Lu family and sneered. “Here again to harass them? They have already moved away to get rid of you!”

686 – He told them that they had moved very happily, to be away from the troublesome people. Why would she tell her ex-husband where she was going? Lu was helpless, he could not even go to school to look for Lu Man as it was a Saturday. He could only wait for Lu Qi to find out her school schedule and then ambush her. FL was actually at home with ML, making him some traditional birthday noodles. ML was curious and asked about it. She actually did not know how to celebrate it, as in her youth Lu Qiyuan had plenty of excuses to be absent so that he could have his affair. Times were hard back then and FL’s mother only made some noodles and celebrated with just the two of them. ML suddenly remembered that when he had Assistant Zheng check her background, there was nothing about birthday parties. Now he understood her circumstances and regretted his words. He hugged her close and kissed her. “It is already enough to have this birthday with you. If it was a night… you would be the best birthday gift.” FL smiled: “Wait for this evening then. Wait and see…”

687 – They enjoyed the simple noodles. In the bedroom, ML wanted to ‘unpack the birthday gift’. But she really had a present prepared. It was a pen from his favored brand. She then explained what Dai Yiran had done in his office with his pen. If FL haven’t entered the office in time, who knows… Anyways, she excused herself and went into the bathroom; and came out in a bathrobe. “You gonna unwrap this gift?” she asked.

688 – ML proceeded to very much enjoy the best gift he had ever received in the 31 years of his life. During lunch the next day FL received a call from her old neighbor. He told him about her father’s visit so that she would be prepared for unpleasant surprises. FL apologized for the trouble.

689 – FL told ML that she would probably be accosted in school on Monday. ML said it was such coincidence but don’t worry, Lu Qiyuan won’t have the time to do so. In the south was a factory critical to Lu’s company. There was an investigation and sure enough they found substandard qualities and cut corners. The factory would need to be closed down. Sure enough, Lu was so overwhelmed that he did not look for the FL on Monday. ML only wished he could have done even more… In school, Counselor Liang was talking with FL. Based on her movies alone; she would be selected as one of the school’s ten representatives without the need for selection. It was unexpected but FL happily received the bye. Back in class, she saw a hubbub surrounding Zhang Xiaoying, they were all discussing about the Huayi Cup selection.

690 – They were sure that ZXY would get a spot as her family was a big school sponsor. Lu Qi could only grind her teeth; it could have been the same for her if not the troubles surrounding the Lu company. ZXY smiled and airily remarked that FL would probably get the same, aren’t her future in-laws some big shots? The conversation then turned to the subject of senior Yan Zhiqing. She was a good student and talented TV actress with many dramas with good ratings. The Yan family had good ties with the Hans too. But she was not participating this year.

691 – Fan Haoyue said it’s because Yan was filming the Hollywood movie ‘Anubis’ in Egypt. Meanwhile, FL told her friends about her selection as a representative. The friends who had heard their snarky remarks about donations to the school scoffed in private; didn’t Han Corp build an entire theatre, equipment and lecturer in the school for the FL? FL actually didn’t know this or the scale of ML’s investment. Maybe ML thought it was not worth mentioning…

692 – On the day of the selection and exam results, ZXY found out that of the two direct selections, one of them had been given away. Still, there was one more spot and her crony Zhuang Tingting was sure that ZXY would get it. Take me with you? ZXY didn’t dare to promise her directly, what if she was not selected? “Well… if the rules allow it…”

693 – Counselor Liang announced that 18 people were shortlisted for the final that was going to be held in the school’s auditorium. It would be judged openly and transparently in front of an audience. He announced the names of the students including ZXY, Lu Qi and FL’s friends Han Leilei and Zheng Yuan. The students were stunned that FL was not named. ZXY’s cronies began to crow about her downfall but ZXY was shocked… was FL the one given the direct selection? No, impossible, even ZXY herself who made a substantial donation did not get it, why would FL who gave nothing to the school get it? Fan Haoyue wanted to start something but FL reminded her of her promise: don’t you raise your face at me. Zheng Yuan then privately reminded FL friends not to spill the secret. Especially you, big mouth Pan Xue.

694 – As FL left, Lu Qi ran after her. After faking some concern about FL not being chosen, she then asked if she really did receive a windfall from Red Tiger. FL told her to ask Jicheng, after all he was the one who wrote the contract, why would you believe the internet? Then when asked about her moving house, FL flung her hand away and warned Lu Qi not to call her sister. Lu Qi launched into a spiel about their father wanting to reconcile, that all along they had wanted to give her some spending money in the past but was afraid of being rejected etc… FL eventually got into the car and Xiao Chen drove off. Lu Qi fell onto the ground. He Zhengbai saw this and quickly came over. Lu Qi explained what happened, that she only wanted to know FL’s new address. She also told him that FL was not chosen for the Huayi Cup, and He Zhengbai praised her, happy to know that FL had a setback.

695 – He Zhengbai then asked about the troubles with Lu’s factory. Lu Qi brushed it aside and invited him to visit their home. He was warmly welcomed by Xia Qingyang. Lu Qiyuan was absent, he was in the south for some business matters. Lu Qi then informed her of her good news about the school selection, while Lu Man was not chosen.

696 – They talked some smack about FL before He Zhengbai made to leave. Lu Qi was reluctant but kissed him goodbye. Truthfully He was getting tired of her. In the past Lu Qi was showy and Lu Man was plain. Now Lu Man was shiny and dazzling and now He realized how delicate and sexy she was in school.

697 – He suddenly daydream that he was holding Lu Man and not Lu Qi. He responded to the kiss forcefully and pleasantly surprised Lu Qi with his passion. She had waited for him for so long and had been afraid that he was losing interest. Then he woke up and realized it was Lu Qi. He ended the kiss and hurriedly left much to her disappointment. She felt that he was slowly changing; the difference in his moods was too great. It was the day of the selection finals. FL and Pan Xue went to cheer for Zheng Yuan and Han Leilei, as well as to gauge how skillful the competitors were. Pan Xue said that although the Huayi Cup itself was not going to be broadcasted, there would be tickets sold for the public to watch.

698 – Pan Xue lists the big names of the two schools to watch out for, that each have their own supporters. Meanwhile, He Zhengbai had arrived and immediately saw FL happily chatting with Pan Xue. On an impulse, he went over to her. Pan Xue quickly warned FL and they stood to exchange seats. He Zhengbai offered to reconcile to be friends. FL brushed off his offer but He said she was still in his heart and he could help her in times of need. FL then noticed Lu Qi was approaching and smirked. “He Zhengbai, don’t forget; you are now with Lu Qi.” “Lu Man, I know you are angry with me, but you were my first love. I…” “Do you still like me?” FL interrupted. He Zhengbai was stunned by the direct question… maybe she really hadn’t forgotten him…

699 – He Zhengbai was stunned and felt his pulse racing when he saw FL looking directly into his eyes. So he was not alone after all! Lu Man was not the same as in the past. She was talented, beautiful and well connected. Someone even told him that she was Director Sun Yiwu’s god-daughter. Who cares about the Lu family and the bad rumors surrounding Lu Qiyuan’s factory in the south? He actually went to their home last night to check and realized that they were indeed in trouble. In his mind he was already calculating, waiting to see if Lu Qiyuan could recover. But He was running out patience, he could reignite the sparks with Lu Man and only break up with Lu Qi later… Lu Qi suddenly shouted out his name, and no one would know what he was going to say. Lu Qi instinctively knew He Zhengbai was willing to chase after FL and so interrupted before he could say anything. He Zhengbai was horrified and immediately realized he was trapped by Lu Man, she had seen through him! He hastily explained himself and said FL was trying to cling on to him. FL snorted: “Lu Qi, take a good look at him. Don’t let him think that he is too handsome and make a fool out of himself.”

700 – FL was about turn away to leave when she saw Principle Liu entering with the top management of the school together with ML. The principle was introducing them to ML only to find him looking elsewhere… at the scene of Lu Man, He Zhengbai and Lu Qi. ML gave He Zhengbai a cold stare. The principle hurriedly called for FL and pretended to ‘introduce’ her to the ML: “This is Lu Man from the 8.9 billion box office movie Red Tiger, and our school’s representative.” Lu Qi and Zhang Xiaoying who heard this were stunned. How was FL this lucky, she even got to be up close and make a good impression on the powerful and desirable CEO Han too! The principle happily ‘handed over’ the ML to the FL because the principle and management needed to prepare for the competition. ML and FL were now in the center of attention of the entire school.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  13. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanx for the spoilers!!!!

14. kiitkat

kiitkat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! Been reading the whole thing in one sitting. Hope you will continue more chapters~ ♥

15. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Donations welcome /thickface

701-715 (numbers might be off)

701 – ML had FL sit beside him in the front row. ML teased her about ‘seeing old lover He Zhengbai’. FL told him that it was obvious He was eyeing her for her connections to Directors Sun and Jicheng, since the Lu family was already half-dead. ML said FL was just too beautiful; He Zhengbai was just too stupid in the past. FL then said it was too bad her little scheme to get him into trouble with Lu Qi didn’t work. Elsewhere, ZXY and her cronies sneered. See FL smiling and laughing; but see CEO Han’s cold face? It was obvious FL was shameless! How did she even get to be the school representative?

At this point I must have mixed up my raw at 69shu with another site, maybe due to the medication when I was recovering. Either that or the site made some changes way back that I did not notice in time. The chapter numbers seemed to be off by a few, perhaps some were merged. In any case I adjusted to the site's numbering, but did not change the previous.

697 – They continued to gossip about FL. Meanwhile, Principle Liu approached ML and asked if he would want to be on the judging panel. ML refused: FL had already gotten the slot, so what’s the point of him looking at other people? FL asked ML: “Why are you even here then?” ML: “What’s the harm, are you so sure that I won’t attend even if you’re not here?” FL: “Oh, so you’re here to see other women?” ML: “…” Their banter was overheard by the nearby school management, and they realized that they had been kept in the dark by Principle Liu about their relationship. ML: “I came to talk to the school about investing. He said today was the final selection and I thought to come and see you too. Who’d knew that I would witness you flirting with an old flame…” FL was furious and tried to pinch his waist, when that failed she tried poking him. He grabbed her hands. To those nearby who saw it, they were plainly flirting with each other.

698 – When asked, Principle Liu quietly told his subordinates that they were engaged and essentially is an unmarried couple. The Vice Principle was shocked and Liu told him to be tactful and take care of FL and reminded him what had happened to the other school who had offended her and caused ML to pull out all the investment. FL was someone who really had the talent to be an actress; Han Corp’s support was just a small factor for her success. Liu said FL could even take first in the Huayi Cup. She had the actual talent and CEO Han’s support was just a bonus.

699 – The lights were dimmed and the performances began. Stirred by his presence, the performers tried their best to catch his attention and making a fool out of themselves. “None are as good as you,” ML said. After some time he had to leave for business. He did not want to cause a scene and left discreetly with the FL after informing the Principle. Meanwhile, He Zhengbai who saw FL leaving with ML was explaining things to Lu Qi, citing how his mother and Lu Man’s mother were acquaintances and he was told to check up on her. Lu Qi was not very convinced.

700 – He Zhengbai rushed to catch up with FL and ML, only to be stopped by the bodyguards who blocked the door. They sneered when he raised a ruckus. Outside, they were kissing each other goodbye. Once ML had left in his car, the bodyguards then opened the auditorium door to join them. He Zhengbai was stunned to see FL greet the bodyguards familiarly. The guards explained how He was stalking them. FL realized that she never truly knew He Zhengbai’s character. In the past, she thought He had been tricked or blinded by Lu Qi.

701 – Internal monologue about how FL was content to let He Zhengbai and Lu Qi be together, she was willing to avoid them. However, she did not realize that He who had used her in the past life was also using Lu Qi as a stepping stone. In this life, Lu Qi was the one who had fallen and He Zhengbai’s career never took off, while Lu Man was the dazzling one. Now He looked at her with desire, envy and anger at her rejection. Now he sneered at FL, remembering how she had escaped the last time by being together with Han Zhuoli in nothing but a bathrobe. Does her boyfriend and his family know that she was ‘used goods’, that she was now switching to be Han Zhuoli’s plaything?

702 – FL corrected He Zhengbai that ‘her man is no longer her boyfriend, but fiancé’. And if you want to tell on her to his family, you can try it. He Zhengbai was not deterred, he reminded her how “Han Zhuofeng had declared to the school that you were his sister-in-law. Now you’re sticking to Han Zhuoli, I wonder if Zhuofeng would let you off!” At this moment Zhuofeng sauntered up and asked what’s up. When Zhengbai repeated his allegations, Zhuofeng sneered that the entire country knew how Zhengbai had betrayed Lu Man to be with Lu Qi, now they are a pair of adulterers. He Zhengbai was enraged and told him that Lu Man was making his brother wearing a green hat.

703 – Han Zhuofeng looked at him as if he was a fool. “I think you are stupid. Have you even considered my surname?” He Zhengbai was stunned. Han? Han Zhuofeng… Han Zhuoli? They are brothers? He Zhengbai recalled the way the Han family had came to defend Lu Man… so they are really the illustrious Han family? That means… he had been completely outclassed… Lu Man really found a better man… he was no match for Han Zhuoli at all… Impossible! “What is impossible?” a cold voice asked. It was of course the ML who had turned back and had unknowingly stood behind FL. When He Zhengbai saw FL poke ML in mock anger asking why he had returned, He Zhengbai knew it was all true. Seeing their playful interaction made him thought of an old couple who had been together for a very long time.

704 – ML: “You might not believe it, but I had a hunch that I should come back to find you, and so I did. Someone said it was impossible?” He Zhengbai could only stutter. It seems like ever since FL left him, life only got better for her while things simply didn’t happen for him. ML was better than him in every way, and even half a head taller! “What do you think of my fiancée?” ML asked. Zhuofeng helpfully answered for the stunned He Zhengbai. He had accused the FL of cuckolding her fiancée... with Han Zhuoli. ML told him “that they are a long-term couple with view for marriage, does Mr. He understand? I hope you control your eyes and mouth away from her later, got it? I heard that you are preparing a TV series?” Now He Zhengbai understood that he had been suppressed by the ML all the while. ML told FL to go back to the auditorium as he wanted to discuss with He Zhengbai. When FL said “don’t waste too much time with irrelevant people”, He felt hurt: she had never had him in her heart. When FL had left, ML’s bodyguards swarmed around He and alarmed him.

705 – They dragged the frightened He Zhengbai off to a secluded corner. ML easily dislodged his jaw so that he could not scream or shout. “In the future, stay far far away from Lu Man, never talk to her again. Do you understand?” He Zhengbai nodded tearfully. “You still want to work in this industry?” nod-nod “Then you know what to do from now on?” nod-nod. ML let him go. Zhuofeng who saw all this thought ML was like one of those gangsters. “Alright, I’m leaving. Go back to class… before I cut your allowance,” ML said to him. In his car, ML ordered Assistant Zheng to investigate He Zhengbai’s planned TV series and the finances. FL did not know what ML told He Zhengbai, but from that day on He never bothered her again. For a time he even missed classes. Some time later Counselor Liang arrived to announce the 10 participants for the Huayi Cup.

706 – He announced 7 names from the other classes. From this class there was Zhang Xiaoying and Lu Qi. The cronies were hoping for each other when Lu Man was announced as the last participant. They asked why, since she did not even perform at the selection. Liang informed that she was directly chosen. ZXY had somewhat expected this and was calm, but Lu Qi knew once more that Lu Man had shown that she was better than her.

707 – Lu Qi was not satisfied. She admitted that FL had best test scores, but what else had she done for the school to deserve the automatic placing? Counselor Liang let her tie the noose around herself by asking what sort of thing should be done. Why, being helpful to the school of course. Oh, like what? Like donations and such. You mean the school should be preferential to rich students who would give generously to the school? Lu Qi could only apologize. Liang explained that merits do matter, and FL had already demonstrated it in her films.

708 – FL is the most famous of our students and ‘Red Tiger’ is the most influential of movies these days. This had made the school even more prestigious and for the first time, the school had more applicants for the next intake than its rival. This increase was because of their desire to follow Lu Man. She has brought great honor and reputation to the school. You asked what she had done, well, this is what she had done. Any more questions? Lu Qi could only bite her tongue, and those who dislike the FL could not say anything.

709 – After school, FL went to visit her mother. ML joined them for dinner. Xia Qingwei asked to get tickets as she wanted to watch her daughter act. ML said it was no trouble to get her the tickets. Coincidentally Grandma called at that time, she too wanted tickets for her, Grandpa, your mom and dad. Zhuofeng: “Me too!” “You have classes!” But in the end she agreed for him to attend. On the day of the competition, FL boarded the school bus with the other participants, all of whom were somewhat famous in their own right with their own fans. But because FL received special treatment, she was automatically shunned by the others eight competitors.

710 – The other person who was ostracized was Lu Qi who had a bad reputation. She tried to join the group of 8 but they ignored her. FL did not care about any of this; she sat by herself in the bus. At the venue, they were greeted enthusiastically by their fans, including hot-blooded strapping boys who were inspired by FL’s patriotic ‘Red Tiger’ movie.

711 – FL spotted Xu Ning and went to greet her. She was introduced to the admins of her fan club. The boys that had powerfully cheered for FL were revealed to be soldiers on leave. They praised the film and FL offered to do a video call to Jicheng there and then, surprising her fans with her care. This special treatment made the fans of the other competitors feel jealous.

712 – FL really did call Jicheng and he exchange words of gratitude to FL’s fans. Afterwards Jicheng privately gave words of encouragement to FL. This was observed by Counselor Liang who found FL to be confident and at ease even when handling the fans and someone as prestigious as Jicheng.

713 – Ahead, the other competitors who were waiting for FL groused that she was making them look bad, as they did not give the fans any service. They began to conspire against her. At first they looked at Lu Qi, but she reminded them that she had a terrible relationship with Lu Man and so she can’t influence her. They decided to focus their fire on FL, using their strengths to eliminate her from the competition.

714 – Outside, the fans were praising FL for her care, while the others were jealous and let-down by their own idols. They could only make snide remarks but Xu Ning’s sharp tongue left them speechless. Inside, FL apologized for making the team wait. Senior Ni Xue reminded her that though they are all competitors, they were still a team. For now.

715 – Another began to chid her for being too excited about having fans, but Counselor Liang stepped in before it went too far. Lu Qi whispered to Lu Man, seeking her help to get some roles from Directors Sun and Jicheng. FL told her to seek them herself. Lu Qi said that FL couldn’t possibly take ALL the roles, she had nothing to lose by giving her some help. After all, she did try to console FL when everyone thought she didn’t get a spot. FL: “You love to ‘help’ me, that is your matter. I just don’t like helping you, what are you going to do about it? In the past I spent so much effort for you, now you expect me to do it again? Am I that free?”

16. Zeinfier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler :)

17. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Donations welcome

716-730

716 – Lu Qi was angry but warned FL that she had something important to tell her in exchange, looking at the other competitors. FL brushed her off, telling her to speak or get lost, she would not help Lu Qi. Lu Qi snapped, telling her not to regret it. FL then said: “You were begging for help just now and in a blink of an eye you changed your attitude. Tell me, why should I help you?” Elsewhere, the various principles were also exchanging barbed comments with each other.

717 – FL’s name was brought up and she was praised. But Principle Yang of Nanhua Media University disapproved, saying she was a young attention-seeking schemer who would not reach the heights. Principle Liu sneered at his words, after all FL only fought back when provoked. He reminded him of her movie successes. Who in your school has it? He completely gave Yang no respect, saying that his school had nobody remotely comparable to FL, so who are you to evaluate her?

718 – Even as the others tried to calm them down, Yang said he simply won’t care for FL. Principle Liu: “She doesn’t need your care! You’re better off taking care of your own students, don’t let them get eliminated in the first round. I’m not targeting anyone specific in your school, I mean nobody in your school is comparable to Lu Man!” After this he went to talk to FL who was speechless at his boast. She could only say that she was confident and would do her best. Principle Liu understood, but still added: “But Nanhua must be eliminated!” The contest began ceremoniously, with Principles Liu and Zhang invited to speak, as well as the manager of the Artists Department from Han Corp, Hao Zhonghai.

719 – The judges were introduced and the rules explained. Because of the number of participants, the first round only had ten minutes for each person to reenact scenes from classic shows. Many were overwhelmed, panicked or couldn’t perform due to stress. Soon it was FL’s turn. She had to portray a mother who had been separated from a resentful daughter. Before going on stage she changed her hairstyle.

720 – FL acted it out brilliantly. The audience was moved. Judge He Shuxin praised her but Sun Changfang said there was still room for improvement, being picky just for the sake of it. Zhang Guangtao disagreed, causing Sun to think that they were just being too lenient.

721 – Sun gave FL 7.9, much to the displeasure of the audience. Her fans were even more upset especially that there were rumours about Sun not liking FL. He Shuxin did not like Sun’s bias and rewrote his 9.0 to 9.6, while Zhang gave 9.3. Li Lingmei gave 9.1 and praised her pantomime and facial expression.

722 – Liu Lizhen who was from the rival school gave 8.9. In the end, Hao Chonghai gave 9.8, causing FL and Sun to be speechless. When the host asked if Hao appreciated FL, he answered affirmative very seriously. The watching Principle Yang was stunned. Most of his students had already been eliminated. He had conspired with Principle Zhang to suppress FL and had met Sun in advance to do so. But 9.8? Why not just give her a perfect score? Surely she must have some backing! The host remarked that 9.8 had been the highest score given historically, Hao Zhonghai merely said “Yes, she performed well.”

723 – He said the judges based their scores on acting, but he was basing it on the bigger picture. She was already a very accomplished actor. But as part of Han Corp, he was also looking at the quality of future development potential. Thus FL was currently first with 54.6 points. Second place was Li Zeyu with 48.9, while Dong Jingxi had 45.6. These two had earlier wanted to eliminate FL with ‘strength’ but now had their faces smacked. The rest who have yet to perform were stressed and nobody greeted FL when she returned backstage. She did not care and was too lazy to care. On the internet FL’s fans posed clips from the show. The viewers were dissatisfied with Sun’s low score and complained. In the end Sun couldn’t stand it and posted that he had always been stricter than others and did it as a reminder for FL to continuously improve and not be lost in a sea of praise.

724 – The netizens sneered: “Didn’t you give so-and-so high scores, is that to encourage him then? Didn’t you just say you are always stricter?” They began to boycott his theatre play. Sun didn’t pay it much attention. Suddenly Director Zhang Lun appeared with a post, saying how people are childish asking for boycotts just because they don’t like the results. The netizens sneered at him and Wang Shuyi who came to defend him. They were reminded that all the other judges gave high scores; it was only Sun who was too blind to see. Zhang Lun disappeared: he really didn’t know about the scoring. Wang Shuyi defiantly posted that the other judges must have been afraid of FL to give her high points. Xu Ning immediately forwarded the post to the judges and tagged them, saying that Wang was accusing them of being unprofessional. He Shuxin replied that every judge has their own scoring criteria, you can disagree with mine but you cannot question my professionalism.

725 – The other judges also spoke up and Wang could only meekly apologize. FL posted a simple update: ‘Any injustice is like bubbles in the face of absolute strength’, delighting her fans and yet provoking her detractors. Meanwhile, Dai Yiran who was ignomously ousted from Han Corp in the past now plotted for revenge and went to her father Dai Rongcheng to complain.

726 – Dai Rongcheng did not pay attention to the entertainment world but promised to do something for his daughter. He called his secretary to find out the venue of the competition.

727 – He contacted and received the agreements from the principle of the Donghua Theatre Academy, Sun Changfang and Li Lingmei. Principle Zhang also pressured Liu Lizhen, he did not want the rival school to crow over them. Dai thus had secured 3 of the 6 judges, and was confident that FL would never win. Backstage, Principle Liu reprimanded his students. They had performed worse than in trials, and they all know the reason why. They were too concerned with beating FL.

728 – They have passed the first stage but with such low scores, it was not good at all. He didn’t mind them trying to beat the FL, but they have lost sight of all the other competitors. On the second day the rules were changed: they will be broken into groups of five with one winner advancing. They will be given assistants to perform with them.

729 – FL’s schoolmates saw that she had put herself in group five. They discussed among themselves, each wanting to avoid her.

730 – FL saw that her role was Empress Wu Zetian. As she was in the fifth group she was able to see others perform ahead of her. Ni Xue had the same role but in a different scene and she received good ratings and advanced from her group. Li Zeyu too won her group. Today was FL’s turn. Principle Liu was confident but puzzled by Principle Zhang’s relaxed attitude. In the audience, Dai Yiran had bought an ordinary seating just to see how FL would lose. In the VIP section the Han family including Zhuofeng, Madam Lin and FL’s mother Xia had arrived. There was a buzz as ML arrived to sit with the principles. He told them that he was there to observe a good seedling, only Principle Liu knew whom he meant.

18. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    ...dat feeling when you realize you spelled principal (head of school) as principle (proposition)

19. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries
    At least it's spelled correctly

couchpotato1929 and KazenoTsuyoi like this.
  20. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too happy to see that misspelling :blobmelt:

KatherinaAeonian and Clars like this.