LCD Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we finally at the turning point?! :blobpopcorn:

This was beyond my imagination for that level of awkward in their upcoming reunion lmao.

2. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... gahahaha~ it's time~ xD the bait has been thrownnnnn
    i hadn't realized just howwwww sneaky he was, he didn't even express desire for rulan, he went through hualan's family xD that could have gone badly for him~

kuu0haku and Kalmaegi like this.
  3. Kalmaegi

Reading List:
    Link
    "He's dashing but I don't want to marry him since being the wife of such a high standing official is stressful" pretty much the summary of Minglan's thoughts made me laugh, poor girl. She's in for a rude awakening since she's going to be stuck with that high maintenance husband. :blobjoy:

Magicwafflez and kuu0haku like this.
  4. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you here. Poor Hongwen. We have to understand that in those times, getting a concubine is the norm. What's NOT the norm is getting only 1 woman for a lifetime.

5. Novels For You

Novels For You Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A true but terrible thing for the women in ancient times.

6. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    True. Women have to fight for affection in very creative ways or else, be labeled as not a virtuous wife.

7. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    the issue with that Cao girl is not that she'll be his concubine. the issue is she's his cousin. that is the unreasonable part. the main wife is supposed to have complete control over the back garden. her husband might screw other women, but she is the one budgeting and providing for those women.
    hongwen marrying his cousin tho, would ruin the dynamic of the family. even if he was determined to not show her favoritism, Cao's mother is his elder, and he must give her face. it will also strain the main wife's relationship with her mother and law, and her husband's maternal family.
    if hongwen wanted some unrelated trolop, or one of minglan's maids, it'd be whatever... but the way the cao family was angling...

kuu0haku, Sabruness and Leilacus like this.
  8. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I realize that but I guess I trust Minglan so much as well as Hongwen to pull through.

9. Kalmaegi

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG I'm so excited to see how GTY's schemes to trap Minglan with the marriage is going to work out. :blobpopcorn:

SM3LLY, Magicwafflez and Sabruness like this.
  10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie: Yeah, i want to see how the switcheroo is schemed so Minglan gets switched in for Rulan. Maybe this is all part of the plan? Get a connection with the Sheng household then engineer a situation such that the marriage gets transferred to Minglan just as keikaku XD:hmm::blobpopcorn_cool:

SM3LLY, Magicwafflez and Kalmaegi like this.
  11. kimberlyba

kimberlyba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did GTY fall in love with Minglan? Are there any clear plots in previous chapters? I can't remember clearly.

12. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    None in particular, people just know the spoilers so they are looking forward to how the marriage is done.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  13. kimberlyba

kimberlyba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope the author will tell about more details in later chapters. Can't wait to see more.

kuu0haku likes this.
  14. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if you know who GTY marries you see some subtle hints, like there are some incidents which mention GTY's marriage in public and in all of them the info is that GTY is going to marry Sheng's daughter. No where is it mentioned that he is going to marry the legal daughter or Rulan... or it might be me reading too much into it.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  15. Kalmaegi

Reading List:
    Link
    Good riddance to He Hongwen. So disappointed how my first pick as a possible ML turned out to be an indecisive man, swayed by compassion and pity. Cultural context might excuse his actions but at his core, he is a pathetic fickle man who had to be smacked in the face by Minglan's outright rejection to make a move. Even early on, you can see Minglan would have been unhappy compromising with such a twisted situation and she aired out her misgivings about it. So no, I have no pity left for a guy who wants both.

The only one I pity is Minglan's Grandmother for thinking a professional man would be better than a civil official or noble at being a decent husband when society itself allows men such privilege to be lustful and accuse women for daring to want her man for herself.

Magicwafflez likes this.
  16. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you are extremely annoyed at the situation where he hongwen had to accept a concubine, I don't know how powerful pity is in relationships but I really don't get the feel that Minglan would have been unhappy if she married he hongwen, sure some conflicts would arise but which marriage doesn't have them let alone ancient ones. About the ancient customs of harem, it is till legal in some parts of the educated world to have a harem, it's not only a privilege to be lustful but also can be other things... This might be hypocritical coming from me who hates harems but I don't think they exist only for lust.

His reason for accepting an ugly person can't be lust, so I really can't see him as a fickle man, that's just me though.

Magicwafflez likes this.
  17. Kalmaegi

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrugs* In summary, I'm just annoyed what I hoped to be the actual ML turned so disappointing. Meh. He Hongwen is a Nice Guy(TM) and those types are the one I dislike the most since the 'taking care of another girl out of pity and emotional blackmail' trope piss me off whenever I came across such things. At least he managed to set up firm boundaries between them.

I wonder what GTY is cooking up. Wonder when he'll show up. I'm so done with He Hongwen's family drama, I need a new arc to feast my eyes on.

Magicwafflez and kuu0haku like this.
  18. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't you read the spoilers going about in this thread? Oh well, I think the new arc is very near, the ending para is like the closing para of an arc.

19. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    how dramatic~ i hope that little maid is alright... such random cruelty. jeez. offical families are way hard core.

Kalmaegi and kuu0haku like this.
  20. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt the cruelty was random, but they were too harsh on the servant, we'll have see why she was punished like that next week.