Discussion What if wuxiaworld had..

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Aug 22, 2019.

?

People who haven't signed up. Would an extra chapter made you sign up?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    57.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest. In my opinion, I don't see any effects between registering and not registering. There's really no reason not to. Register? access to all over Overgeared , which if you aren't then you should be reading. If you don't register, then 50 chapters of Overgeared. It doesn't cost anything to sign up so I don't really understand where the whole "strong arming" comes from. Like unless someone is on stand by with a .40 to make sure that you're registering then I can't really see that is strong arming.

2. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I would argue that the difference is: your ad blocker is there to (for the most part) prevent a websites ads from giving you viruses and malware and such. and the "turn off your ad blocker on this site" popup is there to let you know "hey you can trust us we just need some AdSense to keep up going" and if you get a virus or something from an ad you would have a reasonable idea of where it came from

whereas this pop up is there to let you know "hey there anonymous browser(or bot stealing all the things) we just wanted to let you know you can only read 50 releases without being registered, please register if you want to keep enjoying our content"

disclaimer: I mean these things in general and not specifically aimed at you.

like I said earlier to someone else. they aren't making you read their content. you can choose whether to do so or not, and I can get why some people wouldn't want to make an account for various reasons, anyone with an account on here complaining about it has no right to do so. they are currently using a free account to diss making a free account.

from a security perspective, if you don't want your main email associated with anything like WW or Webnovel, there are websites that give you temporary emails specifically for signing up to sites you don't trust or wish to stay anonymous with. (my entire internet persona is as far from my IRL online presence it's kinda funny. I like to keep things separate in my life a bit)

if you just hate the idea of someone trying to keep track of your activity....why are you on the internet? that basically what every website is designed to do nowadays. but more importantly, don't read their content anymore. find new content to read and abandon WW.

don't be a Butt and go the pirate route just because you don't like WW. at that point the only person you're harming is the original creators. just don't read their content. there are thousands upon millions of readable entertainment to enjoy. find something new, Broaden your horizons!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Shield Loyalist and Wujigege like this.
  3. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You really can't treat ED seriously, you just have to admire Li Qiye and i promise you will have a great time reading the novel :hmm: . " In this nine worlds and ten earths, I Li Qiye am alone eternal " no matter how many times i read this line is just too cool for me bruh :hmm: .

Wujigege and Not Red Yet like this.
  4. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    valid =/= good
    Some people may have good reasons, but most will have valid reasons such as feeling uncomfortable or not wanting to connect another account to their email/creating a throwaway email, the bother of having to log in after you auto get logged out and having to remember the password for that (really bothersome on mobile, especially if xou take a few months break). This last one is actually a good reason imo, since if you forget anything and havent saved it you will have to make new accounts again and again.

And iirc the comments were under the complete plan, not specific to the 50 chaps free, so no special indication here.

Please dont quote me further in this thread. I am no longer interested.

Ghost_Spawn and Wujigege like this.
  5. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair point, Only if others could've went the mature route and say this instead of acting immature, to me it seemed that way.
    I admit I go to other websites to read some novels, mainly QI since I can't all the novels I read on there but I do support those I can. Now time to get back to reading the novel I was on before this discussion got out of hand.
    I've been meaning to read ED but work and PLIC have been keeping me away.

Traveling Chef and Kanna Kamui like this.
  6. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair, this is the internet, where everyone is a liar, cheater, thief, and a hypocrite~:blobxd:
    have fun with your reading~~

Wujigege and Not Red Yet like this.
  7. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link

I'm not sure what the point of mentioning masturbation was, but okay, whatever. As to reading on Webnovel, I actually do. I have the app on my phone as well, but since I didn't bring up your comment about QI in the first place but rather how you were acting concerning the WW login, I'm not sure how relevant it is but I guess you are willing to make assumptions despite claiming you don't want to. And yes, if I met you in real life, I would probably say the exact same thing to your face or at least some variation allowing for being in the moment, same as I would say to almost anyone I know, excepting maybe my boss who can fire me. Why say something to someone unless you mean it?

8. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad. If you're going to drop a defense, you can expect it to be quoted for context.

While your points make sense, I have to wonder about the validity. By my calculation, you only need 1 burner account at a time for WW. Not 20 of them since there isn't a need to farm Soul Stones like a certain other website.

Remembering the password of 1 throwaway account, or throwing it away and making another since it was disposable to begin with. I can understand the hassle of handling 10 or more of them, but if it's just 1, can you sensibly call it a valid concern?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Shield Loyalist and LordCorwin like this.
  9. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Subjectiveness is a thing?
    Different people have different situations that make some things more or less convenient and they also feel different about the validity of things.
    You can quote people without alerting them...

What I wrote wasnt a defense and I am not looking for a hairsplitting arguement with idiots like yourself who cant follow simple requests nor reread what another person wrote and understand it.
    Yes, I am calling you an idiot and I will ignore you, so you can spare a response or tell it to others. I am not interested as I said.

kenar likes this.
  10. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And he still doesn't propose a solution. He just points at WW and says that it was in the wrong before hand-waving the reasons why. I'm pretty certain that WW uses the number of registered accounts to negotiate better licensing terms with content providers. If the number is high and consistent, content providers will be willing to relax their terms to reach a wider audience. It's common business sense.

As a result, making it easy for users not to register isn't going to help with the numbers, and 50 chapters is pretty generous for a preview imo. How much higher can it go before people are convinced to create an account? 100? 200? Personally, I think that if they don't want to create an account by 50 chapters just to write an approving comment to the translator, then they're never going to at all...

11. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are very lazy to the point that lightning tribulation won't bother to smote them

Wujigege likes this.
  12. noriga

noriga Smile ..

Reading List:
    Link
    So stupid

13. fonze

fonze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes

14. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope boku is not too late for a chance of self promotion nanodesu.

Boku's no signature, go, go, go!

15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I check, people were lynching Webnovel for their ads wall. Everyone supports the movement. How dare they forced us to waste a little bit of time?!

Now... people are lynching their past ads-wall-hating self now.

Ghost_Spawn, oliver and Wujigege like this.
  16. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are two types of anti- WW sign up:
    1. Paranoid of Data Privacy Invasion - don't need to explain
    2. Readers of Ancient Strengthening Technique, ATG or those with tons of snusnu ecchi oniichan scene or members of Tongue sect or 3P Alliance. I mean who doesn't hate getting c*ckblock when you're at the peak of your boner cultivation right?

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this really got out of hand.
    The OP was just kidding or rather trolling.
    This isn't his first thread on this issue lol
    I guess second time's the charm
    This one didnt die at one page haha

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/wuxiaworld-guest-chapter-limit.91265/#post-5142986

[​IMG]

otaku31, GDLiZy and Myriadfold like this.
  18. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    The ad providers too. They have to show that it's actually different people reading pages.

It's because this and that are different. WW doesn't tell you to go create an account and be a VIP.

Just to create an account and log in, which eternally removes that block message they are complaining about.

TamaSaga likes this.
  19. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn't seem to understand me. I was talking about the ads wall, not the paywall.

20. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get why some people are getting so pissed over this.w

otaku31 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.