Discussion Fake?True?Faint because hit on head but not dead.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tsuru55, Aug 22, 2019.

1. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to point out that the choking isn't actually much safer alternative either as it's not that simple to tell when you have choked them long enough(sometimes if you release after they go limp, their vessels may remain constricted and damage the brain), if you choke your target too long or hard, you can damage/harm the vessels leading to brain too, it's also possible to cause breathing abnormalities that can lead to further complications either instantly, or years later.

Source(s), my research into autoerotic asphyxiation and the risks involved

mir and Traveling Chef like this.
  2. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve done MRI for many years. It is used extensively for brain injuries so I have seen thousands of people that hit their head, I have found it is much more likely that a person fainted and hit their head instead of falling and hitting their head which caused fainting. If one faints from a head injury it is mostly for only a few short seconds. Any more than that is a sign that something is very wrong.
    From what I understand to knock someone out but leave them alive someone could restrict the oxygen supply to the brain using the neck. This is also very dangerous, but far more effective that hitting the head. This would take much longer than one would expect. As the person restricting the blood flow, they would need to hold the neck tight for several minutes. That isn’t something the average person could maintain with their hands alone.

mir, Passerby and Traveling Chef like this.
  3. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, I know. I have done ALOT of dumb things in my youth and researching now what could have happened has been eye-opening, to say the least, and downright terror-inducing for what could have been or could still be for my past transgressions. but such is life, you are born, you do dumb things, and you (hopefully) learn from them. and they kill you anyway~

valzione likes this.
  4. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

You know you’re getting old when stuff you did to yourself as a teen starts hurting all over again.

5. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the same effect previously stated, is an effect of concussion. This can most often be observed in boxing. I think it is because it has moderate chance of success while keeping brain damage at a minimum. Basically any hard impact to the head has a chance of causing brain damage.

6. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_grin: ain't that the truth, the pain would be manageable if my hair and beard I have kept in beautiful condition all these years wasn't also turning white~:blob_teary:

7. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for replying. From your reply and of someone else (too lazy to search back), i will now believe that all hit->fainting in movies are all untrue. Now i feel less stupid. Thx.

8. RNGesus

RNGesus <<+10 Luck upon seeing this Nuffian>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe if u bash someone's head with a taser? Im guessing Brain jolt shock therapy could plausibly work.

9. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe @Yukkuri Oniisan knew something bout tis, but as far as i knew hitting ones jaw or back head could make one faint-worst case death. if that location hit by blunt yet very very hard thing such as using knee, elbow or steel pipe..

10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on which part of the head that you were hit really...

If its in the front, you might not be dead
    if its on the back, you might be dead
    If its on your balls, you might wish you were dead...

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  11. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't say that they are untrue...... Like being hit so hard that their skull crack, there's a high chance the person will faint. It's just that the one being hit has a moderate to high chance of going to sleep forever in the immediate/near future.
    Also due to no 2 humans having the exact body structure, different people will have different resistance to blunt force.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  12. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    my ma broke 3 vases on my head when i was a kid....i was knocked out....

13. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the area the force is applied to, the size of the area and the amount of force. A hit to the head can easily kill someone if it is done correctly.
    Rule of thumb is:
    Front will rarely result in anything. That boneplate is the hardest part of a humans body and nearly indestructible. The force of the strike alone is insifficient for anything worse than a concussion. Unless weapons are involved/the force cannot dissipate properly.
    Back is a lot more dangerous. Side even more so.
    Chin doesn't do shit (besides being a royal pain in the arse until it is healed again) unless you hit the point for the infamous lucky punch. That one is a clean knockout regardless of your physical strength.
    Strikes to the neck are easy KOs. But if a lot more than necessary strength is used this can kill.

14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Loss of consciousness from head injury are usually result of something terrible, like brain haemorrhage and cranial fracture. If none of those happens, chance are it wouldn't knock someone out. Concussion is the alternative, but it still leave the victim conscious.

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOOhhhh ! Now i finally got the confirmation of why in "Martial Arts Master" people stop their punches in front of throat and referee ends the match. I guess the author truly is cultured.
    So i guess it's quite bullshit in a movie where a weak woman hit a soldier in the back of the head with a big rock and the guy is fine waking some time later with blood on his face.

16. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the opposite.. I fainted (or asleep |゚Д゚))) while riding bike then knocked my head coz I crashed into tree. That made me fully awoke thereafter, thankfully I only suffered some mild bumps and injuries..

Lesson to note : if you're sleepy dont drive or ride..

17. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    That's actually one of the best spot to land a killing blow, whether immediate or not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilar_skull_fracture

Passerby likes this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  19. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    The back of the head lead to what I linked, basically the fluid inside the brain leaks out and prone to infection which lead to meningitis.

Sides and top tend to result in hemorrhage instead, varies greatly depending on which vessel burst but the increased cranial pressure from it lead to loss of consciousness and eventually death if untreated.

Front are arguably the best place, the forehead is thick. But strong enough impact and it'll haemorrhage the same. Meanwhile, hit on the face looks nasty but unless it's bad enough to completely prevent breathing it's at least survivable. There'll be lasting damage however.

Blitz likes this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    So aim the sides ? or the throat like someone before said ?