Picked Up Marriage of the Di Daughter

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by DameSkyler, Aug 8, 2019.

1. DameSkyler

DameSkyler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Marriage of the Di Daughter
    Raw Link:
    ??
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/marriage-of-the-di-daughter/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Written by author of Malicious Empress.
    Description:

The young lady from the Xue family was talented and beautiful, and married the dream husband at the age of 16. They had a loving and harmonious relationship and were together for 3 years when her husband attained the title of Imperial Scholar.

Now that he had attained glory and honor, he was dissatisfied with his commoner wife. He craved power and wealth; in his quest to become prince consort, he regarded her as an obstacle to marrying the princess and was willing to murder both his wife and children.

The arrogant and willful princess stood before her and ridiculed her: “So what if you are exceptionally beautiful and have unparalleled talents? After all, you are only a small official’s daughter, for this princess to crush you – is just as simple as crushing an ant to death!”

Her reputation was smeared, she committed suicide by hanging, her brother was murdered while seeking justice for her, and her old father fell ill from the chain of grievous news and passed away.

During the 42nd year of Hong Xiao’s reign, Yanjing’s no. 1 beauty, Xue Fang Fei, passed away. She reincarnated into the body of the Grand Secretariat’s daughter, Jiang Li, who drowned and was granted new life!

She got into a prominent family and engaged in dirty, underhanded dealings non-stop. She came across all sorts of bad characters, be they monsters or freaks, she dealt with them accordingly. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Once she was soft-hearted, but now she has become heartless! Jiang Li swore never to be an insignificant character again, and never to allow anyone to trample over herself again. This lifetime, she would seek justice by having her revenge and resolving this blood feud!

He is Northern Yan’s youngest duke, he is unrestrained and beautiful, he is capricious, and he collects the world’s strangest flowers.

Everyone said that the Grand Secretariat’s second daughter is spirited and lovely, pure and kind, and that she is likened to a white lotus.

He is clad in beautiful, red clothes, and retorted with a smile, “A white lotus? She is clearly a man-eating flower that eats people without spitting out bones!”

Jiang Li: “Duke, careful you don’t break your hand.”

Ji Heng: “Such a ferocious man-eating flower, of course I’m going to snatch it home to safeguard.”

An unrestrained hunk vs a daughter from an aristocratic family. The pair of wolves in sheep’s clothing join hands to tyrannize the world.

------------------------------

It's written by none other than the author of the highly popular Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage. From the four chapters translated, it seems to promise intrigue, face slapping and vindication. I've been reading people saying that fans of Malicious Empress would undoubtedly like this novel. It seems to have a better ML/Romance plot as well, so who's up for the ride? ;)

It seems to have been dropped by the previous translator (the website seems to some unsafe malware direct.) Hoping for someone to translate. *Bows before novel translators*

2. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
  3. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, has this been officially dropped? My team has up till chap 8 tlated bc we were planning on tling it but then it got picked by current tlor (we didnt really check the NUF or anything >.<). Now we're already doing another project but we were thinking of releasing chaps 5-8 for the poor hungry fans xD (I tell you this novel will only get better) but never got an answer from current Tlor when we asked...still I dont think we would pick it up since it is a quite difficult one to Tlate and we already doing another project, and we think there must be someone else out there who can do it with a much better quality that what we can provide at the moment...would you like us to release those chapters nonetheless while you wait for someone else to pick it up? Or would you rather wait and have unified TLions from the new Tlor for these chapters as well?

Btw, ML makes his 1st appearance in chap 8 so you might be left with a worse cliffhanger than now, just warning XD

elveliem likes this.
  4. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like it. You could reach out to them and see if they respond? It would be nice if someone picked it up if has been dropped.

5. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we actually already contacted them a few weeks ago offering them the chapters we already had, as i have said, and they haven't reply yet. It actually hasn't been that long since the last release, so maybe sth came up with the tlor irl which made them unable to release another chapter for this last couple of months. I think we maybe should wait a bit more to see if they come back or say they definitely drop it, we will keep waiting and see if they reply to our message for a bit more...

And in case it has really been dropped, I don't think we have to worry since it's an excellent novel by a very popular author, so it should be picked in no time ^^ i just hope in that case that the courageous one who picks it does justice to the novel since it really is a very good one

Edit: according to NUF pick up request rules a novel is considered inactive 3 months after last post (so it would be by 08/26/19 in this case) (buth this applies to NUF, not NU, it's a bit confusing). Therefore... this thread is misplaced and might be locked bc the novel is still considered active. Still, in my opinion any other translator intending to pick up the novel should wait for this 3 months to pass as a form of respect to previous TLor since they haven't made a 'drop announcement' and might have not been able to post due to some unkown reasons. Again that's just my opinion, but I don't think it's that hard be respectful to other tlors and play by these non-written rules.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    yserieh and elveliem like this.
  6. elveliem

elveliem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and not too long, compared to other novels...

7. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you still looking at other projects?

8. DameSkyler

DameSkyler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's safe to say the project has been dropped. Translator website is now non existent, and in two days time, it marks three months hiatus.

9. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    We are, although we have pretty much already decided on a new one (which will definitely not disappoint). However, rn my translator is quite busy with real life issues so it might take a while and it isn't set in stone yet. We'll see once the school year starts again if we are able to cope with everything >.<

In that case, if my translator agrees, I'll go through editing the chapters we already had and post them. However, we are NOT picking this up, we will just be posting chapters that were already translated. If any translation group wants to pick it up, PLEASE DO IT!! i also want to read this story in proper english and not that chewed MTL :cry:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  10. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I've been discussing it with my dear translator and we have decided that:

1) Seeing that chapters 1-4 are unaccessible since Bibi's site (at least to me, using different devices, and also to other readers) shows to be non-accessible in a secure way, we will be posting our version (once I have edited them which might take a while) of these chapters, so old and new readers alike can at least know how it all started.
    2) We will start releasing the chapters 5-8 that we had already translated, chapters are split in 2 parts.
    3)Since my dear translator is very kindhearted, she decided she'd make the effort and continue translating after chapter 8 so the readers don't need to suffer another wave of disappointment. Aka, "in order to protect the kokoros of our dear readers, we are picking up this project even if at a snail's pace" (until someone picks it up). Lime said we are 'the di daughter temporary shelter' until someone picks it up... so there you have it xd

The snail's pace part is no joke, for now we'll try to do 1 part x week (aka 1 whole chap every 2 weeks) since we have 2 novels going on (1 of them will end in a month or so though). Lime is, as I said, quite busy with some issues irl which I hope she can settle soon, and after that I'll soon be moving abroad which will also be hectic for me. Still we'll try to do our best, so please be patients with us :) Expect the first chapters next week^^

yserieh likes this.
  11. elveliem

elveliem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has been picked up. @DameSkyler
    The tag should be changed so others won't mistake it and also pick it up

12. Crazyforstory

Crazyforstory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone has raw link for this