Spoiler The Lady is a Stalker

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by JPeach, May 20, 2019.

1. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like the TL group is dropping it due to the poor reviews. I can't blame them: it's only be 15 chapters and nothing interesting or meaningful has happened between the characters. The Prince is the tsundere trope played ANNOYINGLY straight, his attitude towards the MC comes across as annoying which is ironic since her other self's incessant stalking should've made him more sympathetic. The MC being dense is also frustrating since the details she can't pick up are glaringly obvious.

Other MCs of similar ilk have traits or to the very least have more interesting excuses. For example, Bertia, from OROSPV is deliberately distancing herself from the ML, and Katarina from DFO is still stuck in the belief that she's still the Villainess and is more focused on surviving. In this case there's nothing about her that really stands out to justify or make her obliviousness entertaining. And every conversation they've had so far ends up in the exact same way too. This would honestly be more interesting if she was doing this deliberately as a subtle way of saying she'll back off or something.

On another note, I'm still curious as to what'll go on. Does anyone have a summary or synopsis of what happens later in the story?

2. Farraellx

Farraellx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, where did u read it? I opened the website to read but it was password protected, I never even get the chance to read.....

3. Sapphire-Saph

Sapphire-Saph Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do any of u know the link to the tl's discord bc the one on chapter 8 isn't working

4. sets_trans

sets_trans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still it's better than abandoned empress. Though it's very typical, it's not infuriating as the above.

5. dahlhoney

dahlhoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll have to disagree on that. Despite the infuriating and terrifying ML, the author of the abandoned empress is an eloquent writer, her sentences and vocabulary and other abilities in writing is quite good. And she spent few years on thinking of or developing the plot and characters. Sure lots of people were angry about the ML and I would never read it again - but still, it was a solid piece. As for this one everyone was wondering if a middle schooler wrote it, people were amazed it even got picked up buy a pay-to-read platform.

6. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    Just popping in real quick to say the please actually read the whole story from beginning to end instead of dropping it due to a completely out-of-context spoiler before it's even 1/3rd of the way done. Trust me when I'm saying there's A LOT of important details missing from that spoiler, I mean it's really saying something when the translators of the manwha themselves say people are overreacting. Sorry, if I come across as confrontational here but it's a pet peeve of mine that people are bombing one of the best reverse-harems I've ever read before actually finishing it.

But I digress, what I'd like to know is if anyone knows any details from the middle of the story? I think I've seen details of how it ends but I've never heard anything from the middle. Does anything meaningful character-wise occur or is it the back-and-forth banter that goes nowhere that we've seen the first few chapters.

7. Elliana

Elliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cave.... ehm it is like the wedding night but... longer (100 years...:sweating_profusely:)

twilight_123 likes this.
  8. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmfao... :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:
    Goes into a cave after realizing they like each other? Hahahahaha! What is this? Elementary school reference book??? Lololol I just can't! I'm dying just by laughing!!! :blobjoy:
    I'm pretty certain author is a kid. :blobsweat:

twilight_123 and Elliana like this.
  9. dahlhoney

dahlhoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

No worries, I totally agree. If you're going to have a strong opinion, you should definitely at least finish the whole thing or give a critique-like (don't be rude or sugar coat an offensive comment as being 'honest') feedback.

On that note, I did finish the novel (the abandoned empress) and I just felt like the whole narrative of MC falling in love with ML again just wasn't convincing enough. I wish the author had expressed more dilemma or hardships, and just would've done a better job at making the readers follow up with MC's change of feelings & at least give a better reason why ML had to or was so mean to MC in the previous time/life. Even the horrible things ML did to MC before, I feel like I would've accepted as part of the story (since it's fiction and not irl) but bc of the reasons above, I PERSONALLY just couldn't enjoy it. Other than those trivial parts, it really was well written.
    So PLEASE don't jump to strong/negative conclusions only with what others had to say.:)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  10. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. I'm sorry I may have come across as rude in that case. But yeah, I think they flesh out 1st Timeline ML MUCH more in the side materials, one of which where he was the POV character in if you're curious someone posted the spoilers and details on them on The Abandoned Empress Spoilers Thread.

Also I feel as though I've taken this thread off-topic so we should probably stop here.

Elliana likes this.
  11. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want this to continue to get translated though I understand the translators aren't up to it since it does kinda have a crappy writing style.
    Welp, guess it's time to learn Korean

12. LockedPuppet

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please fill us in as to what happens as you go along? I'm still fairly curious even with the negative reviews.

Gemie, Numerouno and Elliana like this.
  13. Irisowo

Irisowo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually want to keep reading it. So I hope it's picked up again.

Gemie likes this.
  14. LivB

LivB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a little late to say this to people who may have already MTL'ed but:

So like I get the story may be considered interesting because of the initial plot but I'm going to have to be completely honest when I say you don't want to waste your time.

I'm gonna try really hard not to be harsh:
    The plot elements aren't terrible: OP ML, ok, Dense FL, fine, Ex-stalker plot, aight, ...BUT Execution, cringey & terrible. I remember when I used to MTL, I deeply regretted a lot of Japanese&Chinese stories but this story was one of the first Korean ones I had tried and I swore never again. But I did find the last couple of chapters again to see if it was as bad as I remember, and it was...
    The main characters are unrealistically dumb.
    The ML never learns to be more straight forward even though he knows shes inhumanly dense. I will give him props for kind of revealing his feelings about their relationship at the end (this is not saying much). And by END I mean like almost the last chapter. (btw I don't blame the FL entirely because of the body's past but at times it felt like both characters were TOO annoying together)
    The last couple of chapters is about waking up the second ML with true love's kiss or something. The ML tells FL she might be able to wake him cuz 2nd ml likes her. And she's like "no way" even though everyone knows it. She unwittingly starts an argument with ML even though he's the only one mad. UGH. (I get the feeling the author was super young writing this) ML say "Kiss him, but I can't watch you do it." And she's like "Wait let me get some random servants he talks to (I think mostly male like the gardeners or something) & get them to kiss him so we won't know who he's in love with" It made NO SENSE and was such juvenile writing. He barely talked with servants and at most, it was cordial greetings. Why would you get random men/women who he kinda talks to & let them kiss him in his sleep? I get that it was supposed to be comedic, but unfortunately, this FL was not funny... at all... Her daftness never came off as funny. ALSO why is the ML worried about a kiss to SAVE someone????? It's just a kiss to save someone he knows. You wanna just leave him like that? :blobunsure: What a great 'hero'...

After thinking about the argument with ML, she goes and kisses 2nd ML and yeah he wakes up. Surprisingly enough, (note sarcasm) no random servant wanted to kiss him in his sleep, so she finally understands he like her. Not that it even matters.
    And literally right after that, she asks the ML to leave with her to a cave. They leave the throne to one of ML's relatives. Oh and she tells him "I like you" after 200 years... The end...:blobwoah:

If anyone still wants to MTL the story, I promise it's not worth it. Literally only the beginning of the story is slightly interesting. Save your valuable time on another story. The promo was pretty tho.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  15. missingmeso

missingmeso Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm i won't be ever curious about this novel anymore, at first i thought it would be interesting but now... ugh :censored:

16. jimia

jimia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i also hope that someone picks it up.. because i will enjoy the ups and downs -,- i really hope to find out how mc and ml solve their misunderstanding

Gemie likes this.
  17. potato berry

potato berry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I read this spoiler somewhere
    It said that they lived in a cave/ village full of nature. Mc was pregnant and they discussed about og novel and live a happily ever after.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  18. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the?? LMAO

19. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this like a joke or????

20. potato berry