Movie Which should spider man stay with?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Lbothr, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which should spider man stay with?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2019.
  1. Sony ftw

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. MCU & Disney ftw

25 vote(s)
    43.9%
  3. i dont care this

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Lbothr

Lbothr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. zajrus

zajrus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sony made Spider-Man 3, ASM, ASM 2, Venom... Marvel Studios made Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far From Home... what is the question here? 0.o

BeanieRoro likes this.
  3. TownsPersonB

TownsPersonB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s a lot of legal stuff in regards to this other than Wow Sony And Disney Battle Of The Century How Dare Sony, but canceling Sony or Disney buying Sony is not ideal. A competitive market is necessary to drive down prices and evolve buying wares. Disney is an already massive corporation and growing any bigger is bad. They’ll have total control and manipulation of the market

4. Kogaranki

Kogaranki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some people support MCU more cos they think MCU movies are better and many of Sony's movies are suck

5. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, in my opinion itwould be the best if it stayed with Disney and Marvel, but it doesnt seem to likely

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    “Into the Spider Verse” is my favorite Spider-Man movie, so whichever studio did that. :blobpeek:

BeanieRoro, Blitz and Defiant_Deviant like this.
  7. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    My money is on uncle ben dying again desu

Blitz, Irie, TownsPersonB and 6 others like this.
  8. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link

9. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm.... As long as they didn't change aunt may, I'm good. #hotmilfftw :blobowoevil::cookie::blobpeek:

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Marvel also made Dark Phoenix

11. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be a bigger loss for MCU though....

Considering they were prepping up spiderman as Stark replacement...
    But dunno.... I have a feeling MCU will start having problems in the next 5 years....

12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
  13. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just so you know, Disney is the one being fking greedy in here.

TownsPersonB and Alchemist_God0 like this.
  14. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well seeing as how marvel is turning into a sjw dumpster fire I'll say sony at least for now

CharaDere likes this.
  15. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. zajrus

zajrus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They released it but it was 100% Fox production I mean how the hell do you make a movie in like 1-2 months? 0.o (Btw the New Mutants is ready as well and at Disney they already holding their heads because it's a catastrophe but at the same time because it was made it's basically free money for them to release...)

17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry nothing is free.
    Not all Disney movies have been good.
    Unless you are telling me that Disney fired all 21st Century Fox staff

18. zajrus

zajrus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1, It's not 10% but 5% and Sony doesn't had the merchandise rights from the start...
    2, It was 30% not 50% (Deadline reported it wrong, THR reported later the right number)

And again some more important things were left out like Disney offered to include under the deal Spider-Man off-shot movies like Venom, Morbius ect...

Disney's trackrecord pretty impressive and Marvel Studios in name only a huge selling point for any movie... so basically every movie what Marvel Studios would made for Sony generated SM: FFH level income... and with the off-shot movies that would mean like 1b movie / year maybe more it would depend on Sony... so... Sony would get 700m/movie/year... instead of the recent deal where they get 950m/movie/3 year (~317m/movie/year)... but Sony said no... you know why? Because the earnings of Venom (850) and Spider-Man: Into Spider-Verse (375)... because they said that they already learned Feige's tricks and they can make better movies without them...

From Disney's part they pushed the change because while right they can make SM movies, and use SM in their movies for cash... it also takes time from Feige and co... basically SM movie takes production ect time same as - maybe more because of the non-stop talks with Sony - any other MCU movie, but while SM movie gets 5% any other movie gets 100%... so with X-Men, and F4 coming back to the fold they can't make more basically free movies (after all in the best case 50 million is basically nothing with this kind of box office numbers) so they made a proposal that they would take half of the production cost, more movies if they at least got a price of a failed movie... yeah Disney sure is greedy as f... oh wait... it isn't a case and Sony rejected a better offer because they think that they would be fine without the pushing power of the MCU?

19. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut I didn't know there were Amazing Spider Man movies, though looking at trailers and ratings I ain't gonna watch them anyway.
    Venom was good but could've been better, Disney shouldn't own Marvel.

20. zajrus

zajrus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously but they put into almost no marketing money and ofc no production money after all the film was done before they signed the Fox deal... I mean what other options they have? Throw into the trash? And while they didn't remove all the people from 21th Century Fox, but they did remove the future X-Men, F4 and Deadpool movies under them...

And yeah not all the movies were good, but again it's a seperated issue... they have a shit ton of Fox movies they axed what they could, or revised them... but Fox didn't ceased to working while the two companies played pin-ping with the deal... they had multiple projects... as I mentioned like New Mutants... it's done the director and the actors did their job ect... it's not a good movie everyone knows it but throwing out is a waste because it won't make 1b, but even if it would bring 100m, or anything it's better than thorwing out because that's 0...