Recommendations Looking for western book series similar to Ultimate Evolution

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SteelKawai, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelKawai

SteelKawai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, really...I tried.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/co..._novels_poll_results/?st=JMRYCXX4&sh=b3a33f08 <----- I was looking for smth interesting in the top, but failed.
    Song of ice and fire? ok, but not what I want.
    Middle Earth? Are you serious? Boring history about group of retarded midgets? NO.
    Kingkiller? PHAHAHA. Sorry but I'm full of some wish fulfillment sheat. next->
    Mistborn? Ok, not bad, but I have read 1/3 of book and oh no, its bit boring.(

Now to the question. Do you know some books similar to Ultimate Evolution??
    I'm not talking about world-crossing or movie worlds but about similar MC and story pace.
    I'd love to see MC, who tries to survive and fight, uses his brain and improves himself.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Way To Piss People Off 101. :blobninja:

Wujigege, Blitz, SteelKawai and 2 others like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't the famous (for web novel readers) "Mother of learning" with it's "locked in time loop" plot with a mediocre mage MC be good for you ?
    --------------------------
    Not a fan a wish fulfilment ? Awww... i got "Beyond?" from Andur that is a masterpiece of a (half) wish fulfilment and is quite epic and quite funny without being over the top (sometimes easy but sometimes hard life for MC = he is not invincible).
    Anyway, Andur is quite well known for it's works (A BUNCH !) with the same MC - FL but different lives (quick rebirth). Ruthless MC OP mage / Witch + also expert of medicine and everything about the body FL expert in strengthening magic.

SteelKawai likes this.
  4. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although not like ultimate evolution try mother of learning , devouerer of destiny and there are some great novels but you have to buy the books like proper books for them so I guess you are not interested in them. On the other hand you can try choices of games or hosted games for some western stories.

SteelKawai and Jojo775 like this.
  5. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, a connoisseur of trash, I get it now, why nobody ought to throw pearls in front of swine.
    But you see, unlike China, the West believes originality and creativity and intellectual property are actually real things! What heresy, amirite?

For your truly refined tastes, may I recommend Fifty Shades of Grey? It steals from Twilight and Literotica fanfiction! Crossover!

Wujigege, Jojo775 and Anra7777 like this.
  6. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I get it, those novels are all low on the power scale, LOTR books are old and a bit boring by today's standards. That's why LOTR movies are EPIC. GoT show is pretty good too, don't know about the books.
    However don't spit on on classics and best selling actual novels when you like trash such as Ultimate Evolution just because your attention span is short and you want MC stomping over others with cool abilities powerful enough to destroy buildings or even cities.
    I don't know any exciting by NU standards fantasy novels but I've gathered the best fanfics https://www.fanfiction.net/u/9071421/
    They're action packed, but with proper plot and drama, and the MC's are or get OP as in web novels.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Wujigege and pentadrian like this.
  7. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    You can fuck yourself with your reply. All have I read in you answer is some babble of self proclaimed guru of wisdom. Yea, and i'm sure what is making you so angry. Little stupid hobbits? I'm sure it is. I want to say you one secret: not everybody is fond of naive fairy tails about fighting of big evil against light. Can you give me normal reply with contra arguments and point to my mistakes?

8. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know when last time you read LOTR but you must know that even author said that those books were made for his kids at first. You can try to give me some arguments but it's cant change the fact that LOTR is faity tail for kids and main characters (hobbits) are created to be similar with main readers (kids).
    +I don't know why you are calling UE trash but MC in this book is at the level of Sherlock Holmes.

9. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets the HELL begin.

10. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply. Its only pity that I have already read these books(

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't look like a fairy tale to me, anyway I've dropped UE pretty fast as it's even worse than Terror Infinity. On the level of Sherlock Holmes? lol web novel authors don't have the ability to write such characters. Just because author says the character is smart or a genius doesn't mean he is. You can't write a character smarter than yourself, and webnovelist authors aren't exactly smart, that they being chunni and fantasizing about harems and wish fulfillment like horny male teens.

SteelKawai likes this.
  12. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha oh, at this moment you really made a mistake. You can read this:
    Extremely underrated novel, at first I was turned off by the sub-4 rating, but holy **** it's now my favorite

MC IS ACTUALLY 200IQ

No, this is not just one of those novels where the author says "oh look MC is super genius he learns god technique with one look."

MC is actually a genius, he takes simple clues over the course of an arc, and he puts them together to draw logical conclusions that make sense. It's like watching a detective show, there are clues you see that don't seem to fit together, but when the detective explains the mystery, everything suddenly makes sense.

MC then uses these conclusions to his advantage, and creates plots and schemes to beat people rather than just being like "oh look I'm MC I am already stage47 enlightened but enemy is only stage46 enlightened, haha take my super boom I win"

Anyways 5/5, best novel I've read here, small issues with math here and there where author adds the money/exp together wrong, but those are barely noticeable

13. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    Some time ago I thought the same about this novel, but after 8-9 bit boring and crude chapters I was enlightened.

14. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    My review ~2 years ago after reading v3c18
    Terror Infinity copy only worse, ya all know B grade action movies, well this is like B-
    Translations are bad (lol someone in the reviews actually praised them), author takes well known movies and just ruins them by adding his own cheap plot as prequels. This is mostly action and the action is bad... not interesting and unclear (maybe due to translations). MC is a brawler also desribed as a bloody beast many times in combat, his opponents are also like beasts, everyone is a beast lol (example spanish navy soldiers in Pirates of the Caribbean are like tigers and lions rushing to... see what I mean, cheapens the plot and in no way does it fit with the movies). I even dropped Terror Infinity at LOTR saga, not to mention this..a bad copy.

pentadrian likes this.
  15. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    It is the main + that author simply pick world and characters and make them fit more logicaly. It isnt said that it's even movie world that we know.
    I realy cant understand - many people are crying that this novel is too slow with many descriptions but noone have ever said that its action-packed.
    I don't know where you was reading but quidian translated this novel pretty good (not native so I'm not sure).

16. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows if they retranslated. Even if it's not a canon movie, it's still worse. That's what matters.

17. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure that everyone is praising LOTR so much ,because it was one of the first fantasy they ever read, but if you try to read this book one more time now you would see many bad sides that you have forgotten. Believe me, it is hard, I know(was the same).

18. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I first saw the movies, then I read The Hobbit(before those shitty movies came out), I haven't actually read the trilogy.

19. SteelKawai

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, thats where our conflict has started. Hobbit is much much much better than trilogy (it was written as fairy tail for kids).
    Its no wonder that you was angry - movies are pretty good but books are something (7 pages of descriptions about tobacco and Ent songs).

20. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, no. This is completely wrong. “The Hobbit” was written for kids and is indeed obviously for kids. LOTR, on the other hand, was always written for adults. Granted, I read all three books first when I was ten, then later when I was a late teen, but I was a precocious reader.

Wujigege likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.