LCD Lady Lin’s First-ever Journey to Immortality

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 13, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lady-lins-first-ever-journey-to-immortality/

C1: On the up side, a girl like that is definitely going to abandon him once she loses interest. She'll probably even get her father to fire (and maybe even blackball) him so she doesn't have to see him again.

C2: I wonder if his parents are as shameless about all this as he is, or if they'll disown him for his infidelity and lack of gratitude.

That aside, I wish the translator would run these through Grammarly or something.

C3: "thinking that this place is mysterious but peaceful so the water will probably be unharmful. " She's not read many myths, legends, religious texts, political documentaries, nursery rhymes, stories, or anything else really, has she?

"tied around her waist by a thread of silver" Is this a typo, or is it a belt now?

I wonder if she'll try to plant the seed(s).

C4: She should find out if she physically enters the space when she uses it. If so, it could replace her home if she still hasn't solved her financial problems seven months from now (yeah right).

C5: She should be more worried that the spring is a finite resource.

It might also be a good idea to consider that maybe that grass isn't just grass ;)

C6: She totally just stole some cultivators seeds ;) It feels like the introduction of an ML in a romance story though. Hopefully this isn't a romance story :(

C7: She should go around to seed stores and farmer oriented fairs and see if she can find any other seeds with a naturally strong energy. Strengthening and/or restoring the spring's energy is extremely important if she wants to use it long term.

She should probably also be feeding her belt blood from time to time. It was still lacking energy when it stopped last time after all. Unless she's worried something bad will happen rather than it helping to maintain the space anyway.

C8: And here I thought she'd be able to see the jade in the stone and make her own money by borrowing enough from her friend to buy a stone and then immediately paying her back by selling the jade to her potential boss.

C11: "Lin Luoran runs to Boss Zhang and pays the bills." How? She doesn't have 2k Yuan.

"And you can find jade in five-hundred-yuan stones?" How does she know how much they are? It's not like they're labeled in any way, nor is there something immediately distinctive about them that says they're worthless or they would never have been brought there in the first place.

C13: It's a good thing her bank account isn't a joint account with the scumbag. He'd definitely empty it before she got home.

I hope they don't forget the taxes on that money. They'll definitely be high, and I doubt either of them have the necessary tax shelters in place to avoid paying them like the others at that event.

C14: "She just got a small windfall." six million yuan is almost a million dollars. It's not small at all. Sure, it's not a good idea to start blowing it on anything that strikes her fancy, but its enough to live on for the rest of her life if she's frugal or manages her money well.

That sales clerk must be over the moon, though she may later regret not having tried to sell them more expensive cars first ;)

C16: I wonder if this is a backup scheme from the scumbag to try to use her family to steal her money.

C19: Why would she give them anything? She should just buy her parents a new home somewhere else. Heck, if the wealth gap is as great as I've heard, she might be able to buy a whole village for them with what she has left.

Or is whatever minimal compensation she can get from her ex's mother worth more to her than the 100k?

C27: I'm betting loser boy went to Elly for the breakup money she demanded.

C28: Why not just have her parents adopt him?

C31: Why does the ML always have to be such a loser? Why can't we just not have an ML instead?

Why aren't the gate guards getting involved? She's the guest of the base's commander. Letting her be accosted in front of it is sure to get them in trouble.

Also, why did she have any trouble at all with Mu Tianen? Even if he was trained in martial arts, he's a party animal, not a professional martial artist. His strength shouldn't even be comparable to hers, nor should his technique be able to make up the gap. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to have to drop this series because of the author forcing this idiot down our throats.

C32: I'm betting that that was Mu's grandfather, and that he'll try to set her up with his good for nothing grandson.

C33: Baojia tried to set him up with the MC. It's clearly not a marriage she wants.

C40: "she wants her parents to cultivate with her" How? She has no more red fruits, and if she did, feeding them to her parents would kill them.

C41: I wonder if they realize just how expensive those decorative fish that they're catching to eat are...

I hope her bonus is on a per stone basis, otherwise he just got far too good of a deal ;)

lol. Is it wrong that I'd prefer Baojia to be the love interest? If we're going to have a love triangle, it'd be nice if at least one of the love interests was worth rooting for.

C43: I think plot convenience is the only reason Elly hasn't dumped loser boy yet. It feels out of character for her to have not moved on yet.

C49: If she bids, won't it convince everyone that there's jade in there? If so, might she not accidentally screw over a friend instead of Elly?

C54: "Anyway, she is back now. She will kick him out after dinner!" It's so hard to not just drop the series right now.

C55: "He uses his inner force and taps the ground." What inner force? It was clearly stated that he doesn't cultivate and can't even sense Reiki.

C60: I'm betting the spring's water can save her.

C61: Why did she need to beg? He already told her to go in alone at the end of the last chapter. There was absolutely no need to beg or to reveal her secret.

C68: So, what was the point in saying that she'd bare the consequences if she's going to identify herself as a Qin?

C75: How did she fail to realize that that circle pulls on the creator's lifeforce to function? It's not really a great technique to be using without fully understanding it, much less without fully understanding even a single piece of it.

C76: "they all think that no one will come to the Qin’s villa to find her." Why? She identified herself as a Qin.

C84: Am I the only one that expected one of them to be Master Jia?

C89: So, homophobia for sure with a high probability of xenophobia, racism and nationalism to follow. Yay :/

C94: "However, she has never learnt any kung fu" Wtf did they send her for then? To die?

Getting rid of the Leeroy there seems like a pretty lucky break for the MC, even if she's now in violation of their agreement.

C95: Well, if he's still alive, s/he basically has to be in Laying Foundations or higher (unless we've been lied to about the place only be accessible once a century), which means s/he is an ally in the making. After all, the MC is nowhere close to being able to take on people at higher levels of cultivation yet. Heck, she might struggle against people at lower levels.

jkumi7 likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why a sword that was actually important would be usable by someone as weak as the MC. Wasn't it said that people at her level weren't even considered to be cultivators in the old days?

jkumi7 likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She has an entire month to make it out. With the earth spells, she should be able to make a ramp, staircase or ladder in the cliff and simply walk up it until she gets her bearings. I sincerely doubt this process would even take a week, much less a month, given how easily she made a bridge out of water.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were her, I'd be worried that the ghost wants a new body.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It definitely feels like she wants to snatch the MC's body. I wonder what's stopping her from doing it in the valley. Also wondering if she'll switch targets due to thinking that the MC's aptitude is trash.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "However, Lin is not nosy, so she doesn’t ask anything more." Wanting to know about something that directly affects you isn't being nosy...

"tigers are catching sheep. Everything is so peaceful and harmonious." I doubt the sheep would agree with that...

"Sister Lin can cast water and wood spells, which means that she has at least two natures!" And wind. Don't forget the cleaning spell.

If it can't speak, then what's the point of inviting them in?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the ghost hasn't already latched onto the child as her new body. She's weaker willed, weaker cultivation, better talent and the only female cultivator in her age range other than the MC, who the ghost has already decided has trash talent.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “You are not a person, ok?" Hopefully, this isn't as insulting in Chinese...

"Lin Luoran has cast spells in the nature of wood, water, earth, and fire…" And wind.

I wonder if all the ingredients are herbs. If so, she could make a very good living making Foundation Establishment Pills. Or, she could just monopolize it for her own "sect" based on the assumption that she can't keep pretending to have a supreme master protecting her forever. After all, if they're not afraid of her master, they'll just kill her and take her stuff. No reason to make them stronger by selling them the pills.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally, I'd expect the MC to slaughter everything by themselves, possibly after getting her enemies to weaken each other, but honestly, I don't think her human enemies are strong enough, nor do I think she has enough energy.

She probably shouldn't be so certain that the ghost can't see her just because it can't talk to her.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If she's smart, she'll kill all three vampires before they meet anyone new. If she doesn't, then treasure hunters are going to be coming after her relentlessly for the rest of her life. She should probably also just try to aim for the exit as fast as she can in the hopes that the Chinese vampire can't leave. And of course, it'd be a great idea to destroy the White Fairy, who is definitely already planning to betray her and is now aware of her greatest treasure. Though, if she does any of that proactively, I'll be quite shocked.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the point of cursing the entire race if you're not going to kill or cripple their strongest member, or curse him to not be able to gather power? I mean, sure, he's being suppressed by the mountain, but he can still absorb power from living beings to maintain and possibly grow his power. It just feels a bit pointless to curse the entire race to prevent future problems while leaving the biggest problem relatively intact.

12. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is meant to mess with his mind, no matter how strong he is he can't leave the mountain. So all he can do is sit there and look at the devolved bats and go nuts over the centuries. Bead guy must be pretty sure the bat guy can never surpass it.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C117: "Suddenly, a brilliant idea flashes in her mind. Will she be able to make some monkey fruit wine?" She doesn't have the recipe though?

C118: "if this Japanese can speak Chinese, he must have said those dirty words to Li Xi’er on purpose!" That makes absolutely no sense.

Its getting very hard to look passed the nationalism and racism here with how heavily the various nationalities are being emphasized.

C119: "three-inch-long water dragon" I hope this is a mistranslation.

I have to wonder why none of them brought guns. They'd be much stronger than their crappy cultivation based strength. They're all weaklings as cultivators go after all. A well placed bullet would kill any of them.

C129: She does realize that her family probably thinks she's dead, yes?

How is she planning to keep the gifts frozen?

C130: "something comes to her mind. Will she end up like the pot of fish soup?" If she's aware enough to realize she might be dying, then why doesn't she go inside her space? Its certainly better than drowning, boiling or being eaten.

C134: Well, she could just fly up and look for habitations. Its not like the girl is likely to have gone far from her home.

C135: I feel that the author has a very loose grasp of geography, distances, and places where people live.

I'm pretty sure that no one that didn't know the peaches were magic would consider that a fair trade...

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect she's about to give her grandfather some very bad intel. I wonder if the MC will wind up crushing their business in retaliation for her grandfather trying to kill Goldie.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If she really does decide to sell the beauty pills, she should talk to her pregnant friend about pricing and marketing them among her own friends. If she's not selling them for an extremely high price, then it simply isn't worth her very valuable time. They take far too much time and energy.

"No one says that he can’t have the “Taoist root”, but how to open this door to the Lin Luoran’s world?" Why doesn't he just ask her? They're on good enough terms for that.

She could just provide him with jade to pay for the boxes. So long as she gave him enough more than the boxes required, I think he'd be fine with it.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not so much selling it as it is giving it away...

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Later, as they provide security services to a lot of rich people, this story is spreading inside their circle." I would think that spreading the clients' private affairs would cause their other clientele to not want to do business with them. Discretion is super important for anyone that's given such broad access to your life after all.

"Put aside? What about her hair?" Why does she think her hair is related to No. 18 Villa?

18. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am surprised to see a post regarding the novel.

I gave up on this when it started losing an extreme amount of common sense and rationality, and began accumulating stupid 1D characters and plotholes.

From your post, it seems it is almost unsalvage-able.

The author doesn't fully understand how society, businesses and establishments work and doesn't seem to bother researching further into the topics she is writing. If anything, it looks like a mash up of alot of TV drama references. If I knew any better, a grade schooler might have written this novel.

Good luck. I hope your brain cells survive longer from reading this crappy novel if you wish to continue reading and trying to make sense of it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  19. love later

love later Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you still reading it though?

20. love later

love later Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't read it. But base on the posts above. It sounds tragic and nightmare combine. Uhhgg. How can he have the stomach to read it..:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::blobdizzy: