LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what good will that do? how many people can leave at once through the other gate? Who will go first? It will only cause more fights and reduce the number of participants even further. On top of that throwing them in won't provide the instant gratification of killing them yourself.

Astaroth and Naruin like this.
  2. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    probably no one wants anybody to take advantage of it n runs away? like since we can't escape, you can't too?

Astaroth likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would provide the satisfaction of killing them in the way that they intended to kill others. Also, caring about who would go through the other gate would require a lot deeper thinking than an angry mob would likely be capable of. I would fully expect a bloodbath to ensue if they had actually done this.

Rainingmoon and Astaroth like this.
  4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    exactly. much simpler to just kill them and not letting anyone through. It's not like they lost all their rationale. They didn't want to open the exit

5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, they didn't seem terribly rational to me, and I would totally expect at least one person that thought they were clever to start screaming for them to be tossed in while s/he and/or their friends tried to sneak through the other portal. I sincerely doubt that this crowd is lacking in opportunists after all, even if it somehow managed to be lacking in people that like poetic justice.

Rainingmoon and Astaroth like this.
  6. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what you got there is a group of people who saw someone pulling crap on other people while making everyone's situation worse in the process. The crowd got angry, but it's not like they just lost it. And there is no leader who can direct the crowd. They were like: let's kill these selfish evil mofos! And everyone just went ahead and did it. But they also knew that they shouldn't open the exit gate.
    It's not like they were so emotionally disturbed that they lost their minds, people on the Banquet are supposed to be experienced to some degree.

Astaroth likes this.
  7. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No chapter today?

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    No chapter today(was announced yesterday), but the release time has also been changed to 12am est.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  9. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Join the discord so you can get the announcements when chapters are delayed or unable to be posted.

10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earthlings is an infinite resource for people like Sinyeoung or Triads etc. They are gambling these lvl 2 with high potential for a huge return. Besides, Seol was meant to join the banquet as a lvl 2 in the first place, it was a happy coincidence that he levelled up.

Also they aren't idiots, nobody just want to be a vanguard or a fodder, that's the main issue. It all summed up with either the weaker ones to be the bait so the High rankers will be more prepared in case of an unexpected problem, or the high rankers to be the vanguard to reduce the casualties. At the end of the day, humans are selfish and nobody would volunteer as a sacrifice

11. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't find the link of their discord? Where do you find it? Or can you just copy it?

12. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https :// discord .gg /7Ad7nKg
    Just remove the spaces

13. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so there are infinite amount of people at any given time. Gotcha

14. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Old topic but was only just binge reading to catch up on this novel. Just had to vent on this topic.

I totally agree with @NeurogamiPrime, I really don't get the point of introducing Parasite rape/impregnation of humanoid races. The initial premise was turning corpses into minions (aka Zombies)!! What's the point of suddenly bringing this up, BRIEFLY creating RANDOM named characters (the jap sister, the female knight), have them be captured and suffer a miserable fate, and then never heard of again??

It still kinda made sense in earlier parts of the novel when rape/attempted rape happened between humans to showcase the depravity of the human mind in a lawless world.

But there's ZERO sense to introduce this plot twist when it's clearly just used to satisfy some one-off sick fetish of the author/readers. It's a sensitive/serious topic and should be treated as such. Not some gratuitous shit made up on the spot. Annoys the heck out of me when asian authors come up with this nonsense and they think they are being edgy.

I should also mention I don't see the point of the multiple contrived scenarios where MC ends up being in naked situations with his harem. Really? This kind of plot device qualifies as seinen? Isn't that just low-class ecchi crap for teens and schoolkids?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Rainingmoon likes this.
  15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it the humans who created this whole thing? It was a project by the empire to fight the parasites. The parasites simply took over the project and expanded it beyond just monsters.

The reason why the parasites wanted this was because there is a limitation to their upper forces, and through this method they could gain strength in their upper forces. Once the base was destroyed, the parasites lost everything cause it wasn't their technology to begin with.

kkgoh likes this.
  16. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if the Empire did the initial research or not. But it's the author's choice to insert this plot twist when there wasn't a need to. And that's what I have difficulty with.

I'm pretty sure this "limitation of numbers" on the Parasite was invented at the exact same time the solution of "breeding with humanoid races" came up. i.e. the situation/problem/solution were invented at the same time.

I'd guess the author just wanted to contrive an arc/scenario for the MC and the Princess to meet. And throw in some kinda sexual tension or whatever. But this is pretty stupid.

17. Arlos311

Arlos311 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, the Limitation of Numbers was always kind of implied by the fact that there simply isn’t an infinite numbers of Corpses, especially as the intelligent races start to create counter-measures in order to destroy their dead rather than leave them to the enemies.
    Strategically speaking, the breeding farms make senses for the parasites(the fact that they were so close to the front not so much, but hey, I can chalk it up to arrogance), not sure how it is contrived?

18. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea guys, I agree it "makes sense" from a rational perspective. And yes the "counter measures" were all part of the Situation - Problem - Solution that was invented by the author on the spot. i.e. the Situation is that there's limited numbers of Parasites, so they use the dead to reproduce. The Problem is that intelligent races created counter-measures to destroy their own dead. The Solution is to find an alternative means to reproduce.

So the point is whether there could have been a different more efficient method for the Parasites to bring it up. Maybe just normal incubation/hatchery (like the movie "Alien" or "Matrix" where all species / sexes can be used)? Why does it HAVE to be rape/impregnation?

It's not even an easy process! Only the females can be used. They have to first corrupt the males / steal sperm / whatever, then use these mindless corrupted humanoids to impregnate the females. WTF?

We all know the answer. It's some pointless fetish brought up by the author just to be edgy.

19. Waske

Waske Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kkgoh It was done in offscreen and we were only shown some mutilated corpses hanging by the rope. It was disturbing but not that bad.

kkgoh likes this.
  20. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a reason to be triggered over a fiction?
    Like event happened, people moved on...

kkgoh and Shield Loyalist like this.