Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched reviews on bilibili after the drama ended (a lot of of them from guys and BG fans) and many actually don’t pick up during the early flashback. but anyone familiar with cdramas tropes will realized it at least by the return to present timeline. one of the male reviewer even pointed out that the scenes with LWJ offering the lotus pod and the 2 bowing at the Yunmeng altar were soooo obviously meant to visually remind the viewers of marriage. CQL is kind of a case study for cfans at this point of how a production maneuvers around censorship and subverts expectations. ppl like show it their straight friends and family members to gauge when they will realize something is “off”.

but it’s an interesting discussion bc we have tinted glasses, but many ppl also have heteronormative glasses. there are ppl out there who will naturally eliminate any romantic possibilities between 2 characters if they’re of the same gender. it’s literally the “they seem to be good friends” meme lol. but with CQL I want to tell ppl to imagine if one of them was actually is female, would they still think that the way their relationship was acted and framed is strictly platonic? I think quite a few might change their mind

2. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be quite honest, i'd be surprised if people with no context would recognize the subtext..

On one of my bored days, i was rewatching ep 49 where WX tells LZ that he owes him nothing. To which, LZ says he knows he owes him nothing but him protecting WX is something that has to be.. it has to be that way

that is an obvious confession.. but yea! didn't do much in feels department..and these are the moments when i realize how excellent CQL team has been in circumventing this gay love depiction
    today's BTS with Xiao Zahn writing "Wang Xiao" and Yibo calling him stupid to do this.. poor guy quickly deleted it..
    China- fear is very real and international audience means nothing!. rally, vote, do whatever.. truth is you have no power to protect anyone
    Re-reading novel for the umpteenth time

When WX asks if anyone knows Inquiry ( in the yi city arc) and LSZ says he does. Jingli further adding that HGJ even said LSZ's skills are "FINE"
    Why do i think, he taught LSZ inquiry on purpose in the hope that maybe WX would respond to him .. IF not to him

#could_be_wishful_thinking

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  3. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have mostly been sympathetic towards JC,
    basing it on CQL - i always thought it was all about how situations played out with him sacrificing his life for WX, losing the core, and then WX trying to return the core

But if I look at reactions, I feel bad for WX
    If JC decided to sacrifice his life for WX then he shouldn't have created the whole hullabaloo upon losing his core..
    isn't that pitiful condition that literally was the final nail for WX to decide upon giving up his core..

JC's feelings of when to consider WX brother and when not are very temperamental
    Unlike JY.. who did unconditionally love him as her brother (i think , i fast forward her scenes :) )

And WX was right. he had to do it and not talk about it given how JC would have behaved..

So, ultimately in the end for author to choose to not let JC divulge the fact about how he lost the core is actually brilliant..
    that story means nothing anymore! and it probably ceased to be a sacrifice the moment JC realized what consequences that sacrifice brought

4. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the scenes when I was really angry at JC, was at Lotus Pier when he chose to raise his whip at WWX even after seeing how weak he was and was bleeding from his nose. WWX fainted, but JC raised his whip again, this time protected by Wen Ning.

Before this, I was sympathetic towards JC, and sometimes just enjoyed his characterization. Last two episodes, I was back being sympathetic (slightly less though), but I was glad WXY didnt even think about back going back to Lotus Pier. It wasnt his home anymore. Too much has happened, such deep wounds need time to heal.

AI Xin, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  5. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clarifying, it makes me feel better that the reason behind this was more than simply writing BL content, because for me personally, to get arrested simply because you only write about BL content is wrong... :blobdead:

I don't understand those haters at all :blobexpressionless::facepalm: They surely just have a lot of spare time on their hands, or they cannot be rational or mature about respecting each and everyone have their own preference....

Oh wow, I didn't expect you to jump to reading this chapter right away :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: But on a side note, that's good, it's one motivation added on top for you to read the novel, to see what the characters/Wangxian is like in the novel :cookie:

Anyways, from what I found out, apparently the actors to CQL including Xiao Zhan have read the novel so, they definitely know what's up, but I think it was said that Xiao Zhan read the censored version, not quite sure about that :hmm: But according to this on twitter, it was said that Yibo is the only person out of the actors who read the deleted version (uncensored) :blobmelt:
    upload_2019-8-23_19-21-11.png

Haha, I'll definitely have plans to watch the Audio Drama, especially when I'm hoping to see some scenes get adapted into the Audio Drama :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

Yes, Yes, I agree, it's so fulfilling because in the novel, they are always TOGETHER, and INSEPARABLE! :bloblove::blobbunny: Haha, they sure are clueless indeed!! XD :blobjoy::blobjoy: I mean, out of all the prizes at the stand, what Lan Zhan wanted to throw that ring and encircled the most, ofcourse it's Wei Ying! :blobcatblush::blobmelt: Lan Zhan is true to his words there, because indeed, Wei Ying gave him that, so whatever that comes from Wei Ying, Lan Zhan will cherish preciously, waaah! :bloblove::bloblove:

I'm hoping there will be a Season 4 there!! :aww::aww:

JGY and XY I can understand, but SuShe, urgh, no thanks, but if people still like him, even when I don't, then... well, okay, but for JGS? :blobexpressionless:seriously whoever actually love that promiscuous disgusting bastard is :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful: Thankfully that Jin Zixuan isn't anything like his father!

Exactly! :sweating_profusely: At least he will believe in Lan Zhan for his character/personality there, he would not do such acts!

Yeah, all the versions I can get my hands on in Chinese, in a way of supporting my love for MDZS and MXTX work :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

This is the version I got:
    This is the first version I got from my local book store
    [​IMG]

This is the second version I got from my local book store:
    [​IMG]

And this is the recent one I got online when I pre-ordered it :blobicecreamlove:

I love the art so much :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    [​IMG]

And it looks good too, when you put inside the box:

[​IMG]

And all those MDZS goodies is really :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

I also got myself a copy of Scum Villain novel as well, I bought it before I even read the novel, since I was like, "hey, another MXTX work! And I love the art cover to the novel as well, so I just ended up buying it on my end :blobsmilehappy::
    This is visually how I imagine Shizun and Luo Binghe on my end :aww:
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I hope Heavens Official Blessing will release a paperback (hardcopy) version too :aww: Because I will so get it on my end when that time comes! :blobicecreamlove:

Really? I didn't know the Thai Version have a nice artwork too, but that's good to know :cookie:

Yes, it's not goodbye, it will always have a place in our heart no matter what :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

For me, I just wanted to see what Hua Cheng and Xie Lian is like in bed, once would be enough :blobsad: That's what upsets me too, and I'm pretty sure it was because of what happened, which made MXTX hold back with her writings :blobconfounded: So, I'm just personally glad that for MDZS, at least we get to read a version where there's smut even when it's all censored now, sadly. But all that aside, even when HOB does not have any smut, I still love/enjoy HOB on my end :aww: And yup, I am planning to resume HOB once the story have ended :aww: Since it's my second favourite in MXTX work there :blobicecreamlove:. Have it ended yet? :cookie:

It's not like I haven't already rewatched CQL now xD :blob_coffee: Yesterday night, I was watching the Live-stream of Episode 50 on Tencent Youtube, and reading fans comments is just amusing, I saw some fans commented and said:

When it was up to the part when Lan Zhan didn't want to go with Wei Ying, and Wei Ying look hurt :cry: Up to the moment when they see them on the mountain walking separate paths, fans was live-chatting on Tencent Youtube:

Here's some I can remember on top of my head :blobjoy:

"Lan Zhan waited for Wei Ying 16 years, he will NOT let him go again"
    "So Lan Zhan just going let him go?"
    "Are you kidding?"
    "Wait guys! Don't freak out, it's a happy ending"
    "Noo... This is not Lan Zhan!!!"
    "Wait? What's happening?!"
    "Just watch on, it's a happy ending, don't freak out!!"

"This ending sucks!"
    "Why are they separating? I don't understand!"
    "I'm going back to read the novel, to heal my heart :cry:"

And then when Wei Ying was playing the flute on the mountain:

"Wait, zoom in, it's Lan Zhan, he's back!!!"
    "Is this real?"
    "Guys! There's a time skip! Lan Zhan returned!"

"I'm going to miss CQL! :cry:"
    "I don't want to say goodbye!"
    "What am I going to do with my Mon-Wed now? :cry:"
    "Let's watch the drama again!"
    "Happy Ending!!!"

So yeah, CQL really give everyone a roller coaster of emotions :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool: But it was kind of funny because the live-chat was commented so fast, like every micro-second, so no one really cared about reading others comments about the whole: "Wait, don't freak out, it's a happy ending guys!! Watch to the end!!" :blobjoy::blobjoy: But honestly for me, I can really relate to some of fans comment about being disappointed in those scenes, but in the overall, at least it was a fun/journey where CQL is involved, and Wangxian got their implied happy ending :blobsmilehappy: [Even when for me, I love/prefer how the whole novel played out that scene better at the end], but CQL live-action side of things, I have come to peace with it, so yeah, it really did better than I initially give it credit for, so CQL is definitely on my re-watch list, not that I haven't already :blobpopcorn_cool:

Someone made a fun post about that commercial where Lan Zhan bought all the Wei Ying cup noodles, because, remember back then when Wei Ying Nenderoid first came out, and the pre-order went out of stock so fast, fans was saying that this culprit was Lan Zhan LOL :blobjoy: And then after watching this cup noodle, and how Lan Zhan bought all the Wei Ying one, fans was saying "Well.... It's not so much a headcanon anymore" :blobrofl::blobrofl:

I actually love the OLAY commercial since I can relate to it, because I have been using Olay for a while now :blobmelt::blobmelt: That one was just cute! Purer than white snow haha! :blobcatblush:

I know right, it was so good!!! :aww::aww: I'm glad to have this extended scene *fans self* :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: But how come your one come out so late? Since I thought they were released at the same time? But anyways, good luck with having your pre-order set when it arrives, it's a gem!:blobmelt::blobicecreamlove:
    I was reading this while at work, so I was full on blushing :blob_blush::blob_blush:, and I'm glad I was reading this on my phone and not my screen lol :blob_blush::blob_blush: I know right, Wei Ying teases Lan Zhan too much, and I'm not complaining either!!! *smirks* :blobmelt::blobmelt: Wei Ying shows his love for Lan Zhan through his shameless teases, and Lan Zhan shows this through his passionate love making :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: These two is really too passionately in love, and I am here feeling so happy for them, even when their 'first full love-making' is outside in the open like this, Wei Ying, can still yell out like that haha! :blobcatblush::blobcatblush: I bet Lil Apple is like "Shit, I need to move further away so I don't hear any of this lmao!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:"

As long as you enjoyed it, and you're welcome :cookie:

I think that Episode of the Audio Drama was recently released, so I shall go and watch that later! :aww: MXTX is such a tease! I wish I knew the rabbits true names there!! :blob_pout: I feel the same when I also wanted to know Hua Cheng's password to enter his communication channel (I forget the actual name for this, but I hope you know what I mean lol)! :blob_pout:

But yeah, thanks to the juniors and other disciples for their efforts in taking care of these beautiful / adorable rabbits :blobbunny: I also want to raise some rabbits as my pet one day :blobuwu:

Did you know they recently released a MDZS Wangxian bunny? I got myself a set :blobsalt:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CQL JZXun is alright in looks for me, but he's definitely not handsome, he's at least better looking than the donghua one lmao :blobjoy: Like, I was really surprised they made him so ugly and fat in the donghua haha (not complaining though) :blobrofl: His SuShe curse marks was hideous, but then SuShe ones is even more hideous :blobastonished::blobastonished:

Ofcourse, because it's without the head :blobamused::blobamused: His head is chubby/fat and ugly so, yeah :blobamused:

Thanks for reassuring, I was really worried since I didn't know the full details of what happened. I'm glad to hear that MXTX is fine and doing good, I hope she continues to be happy and know that there are fans out there who appreciates/loves her writing/story there. :blobicecreamlove:Even when those haters makes it difficult for her :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Well, this makes me sad. At least Western countries is more open minded about writing mature content. Afterall, it's all just about fiction, and fiction should just be fiction and people should learn to not take it all too seriously. Sometimes I read fiction and just because I love some things that happened in fiction, it doesn't mean I like them IRL, I just know when to separate fiction from reality, ofcourse I have a set standard/line on what is my limit so as long as it doesn't step over it, then I can still enjoy the story even if there are negatives, I'll just like it for the other positives that outweighs the negatives.

But some haters just have to ruin it for others who can have an open mind/others who can be mature about this and know that we all have different preferences in liking stuff, but I just don't like how they can just go and make it difficult for others. Like honestly, do they really have nothing better to do? I'm just so lost of words, and this is just sad reflection of human society....

This..... :blobsad: When there's love there's hate. Same as when there's light, there's dark... It's always two of the opposite that pull to each other... It's sad :blobsad: Yeah, I hope she knows there are those fans who loves/supports her. I also hope nothing happens to MXTX, because ever since my friend told me how a BL writer got arrested and gone to jail, and how this whole incident that happened to MXTX on JJWXC, I became so worried for her :blobconfounded: I am not sure what's happening now, but whatever it is, I hope it's just us over-worrying for her, but she's doing fine and well with her writing on her 4th book, but I know for certain, it will be more tamed due to all the incidents that happened :blobconfounded:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    AI Xin, YaoiMom22 and setsuna3025 like this.
  6. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES YES YES one of them actually read the novel with its 18+ scenes in full glory !! :aww:
    I wonder what goes through his mind when he acts out the more intimate scenes with Xiao Zhan ??? :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    No wonder he couldn't keep a straight face and always fools around his Zhan Ge on the set...

I saw one of the bts about dirty jokes, his reactions were priceless. He's like a 10 year old again... :blobsweat_2:
    Xiao Zhan, on the other hand, handles the jokes much better (e.g. pretending not to understand or get the joke?). The age gap between him and Yibo really shows... sometimes...

I picked up this fanmade MV youtube link from a russian forum (yes, I am that desperate for CQL stuff..)

80's and 90's-kids will probably appreciate the choice of songs in this 'romantic comedy' :blob_pompom:

In case anyone's interested, look up "Younet Translate" in vk.com. It's an awesome russian group that not only subs videos to their language and maintains a huge fan forum on all things MXTX / MDZS / CQL, but it's a great place to get stuff like artworks, music, video clips, memes, etc. coz there are so many people there dedicated to the fandom and they collect stuff from everywhere. (plus, I suspect they're very close or familiar to Chinese sources so they get stuff earlier than English-speaking fans, sometimes..) :blobspy:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Sauling and YaoiMom22 like this.
  7. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHAH I LIKE HER VIDEO so on spot for fujoshi/fudanshi's inner voices ahhahaha and is garduian gd? she said tat i was gd but like can be better and rivive was the worst lol ahahha. and those tat comment on CQL direct weibo ahahha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y) gd if not CQL will end up being hetro and will loose alot of fans :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    seriously??????????????? wow hahahah and xiao zhan nvr read the uncensored one? lol hahaha. the 18+ is the number of deleted sences? or 18+ cause its ehem:blobnosebleed:*coughs*:blob_blush::blobxd::blobjoy: . it was the veri first one rite b4 it got revivsed rite. y did it even get revivsed anyway, too much papapa? and gay stuffs? :facepalm::blobexpressionless: BLAME CENSORSHIP :blobcurse::blobtriumph:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ur area sell those there lucky u but its in chinese rite hahaah u goin to read or just collect ahhahahaha :blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobjoy: but damn nice buy(y)(y)(y)(y)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH the comments. i will soo be like them and go ahhhhhh nooooooooooo y lan zhan yyyyyyyyyyyyyy lan zhan, tat is not lan zhan at all, den ehhhhhh its LAN ZHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blobparty::blobparty::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:. ONE HELL OF A ROLLCOASTER RIDE OF EMOTIONS AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHA :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobparty::blobparty::blobpopcorn_cool:

hahahah well ya the nedorid one and cup noodle one is defiently lan zhan doing ahhahahahhaha. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky:. i just find the bunny cute in the commercial hahahah :aww::aww::aww::aww:

confirm the black one is a-ying, and the white one is a-zhan or something else ahhahaah. since the white one is lan zhan himself ahhahahahahah .

ehhhh where u get the set of rabbit plushie i oso wan get its so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobjoy:

AI Xin, Sauling and YaoiMom22 like this.
  8. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone explain the burning paper currency section:

WX turned and asked LWJ if he ever burnt money?

Did he? What does no answer mean?

excerpt:

few random incense sticks, candles, and paper money. Walking over to the side, they built something that resembled a stove using bricks and rocks. The boys then squatted around it and started to burn paper money, muttering as they fanned the fire. Wei WuXian wasn’t in a great mood either. On the way here, he didn’t even tell many jokes. Seeing this, though, he finally couldn’t bear it any longer. He turned to Lan WangJi, “HanGuang-Jun, look at what they’re doing right in front of other people’s doors. You’re not even stopping them.”

Lan WangJi replied in an indifferent tone, “You can stop them.”

Wei WuXian, “Fine. I’ll discipline them for you.”

And he went over, “Am I seeing things? All of you are disciples of prominent sects. Your parents and relatives must’ve taught you that dead people can’t receive paper money, right? Why would dead people want money? They can’t receive those. And, you’re in front of somebody’s doors. If you burn them here…”

Lan JingYi waved at him, “Shoo, shoo. You are blocking the wind. It will not be able to burn anymore. And, it is not like you have died, so how do you know that dead people do not receive paper money?”

With a face covered in tears and ashes, another boy turned to him and agreed, “That’s right. How do you know? What if they can actually receive them?”

Wei WuXian murmured, “How do I know?”

Of course he knew!

During the ten-or-so years when he had been dead, he hadn’t even received one single piece of paper money!

Lan JingYi stabbed another knife into his heart, “Even if you could not receive them, it was probably because nobody burned them for you.”

Wei WuXian asked himself in silence, How come? Was I really that much of a failure? Was there not a single person who burned paper money for me? Was it really because nobody burned them that I didn’t receive any?

The more he thought about it, the more he felt that it was impossible. He turned around and whispered to Lan WangJi, “HanGuang-Jun, have you burnt paper money for me? At least you’ve burnt paper money for me, right?”

Lan WangJi glanced at him. He looked down, dusting away the ashes that stuck to the bottom of his sleeve, then stared quietly into the distance, giving not a single word in reply.

Looking at his calm face, Wei WuXian thought to himself, Really?

Had he really not burnt anything?!

9. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol.. isn't it interesting that of all people it is wang Yibo who read the uncensored version

pretty much like lang wang ji educated himself and WX had no idea what all could be done :p

10. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

there is a bts of dirty joke???

Where.. which one?

11. Lavinia

Lavinia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly i'm so glad LXC told Wifi the truth i was going crazy with all the mutual pinning going on, if he didn't tell WWX anything i wonder how long the confession would've dragged out?? :hmm: But i'm so happy wifi confessed first poor LWJ must have felt he was being played with the entire time but ahhhh the words he told WWX " i love u, want u, cannot leave u, don't want anyone but you" :blobmelt::blobmelt: Those words were engraved into my heart!! It's the sweetest and most romantic confession i've ever seen!! every time i think about it i go soft and i feel like i'm about to melt with love :bloblove: I really hope they put this in the audio drama, i want to see at least one adaption say those words.

Actually i thought him playing inquiry for 13 years was true for the longest time, I just found out a few days ago that it wasn't. And i'm so tired of people from tumblr, and in generally everyone who doesn't bother reading the novel but act like they do then go ahead and say stupid stuff. I've seen so many stupid questions lately about LWJ like "is he forcing wifi?" "is he too obsessive??" and i'm just so done at this point :blob_catflip::blob_catflip: only reason i go to tumblr now is to see the cql and donghua gifs and i should stop talking about this since i feel like i'll just end up ranting :sweating_profusely:

Errr i haven't seen since the character songs yet now i'm curious, which one is your favorite?? :cookie:

Ahh i don't even wanna think about it, we we're being fed so good now it's all ending :blob_teary: I don't even know when the HOB donghua is coming out and waiting till next July (August??) for season 3. Tonight i'll stay up late to spoil myself just to see if we get it or not and hopefully i get some cute wangxian scenes if they take out the bridal carry.

Me neither maybe cause Wangxian is canon and the one in Spiritpact isn't??? :hmm::hmm: But it's still surprising they allow the kisses even if it's for something else, now i wanna go see the donghua.

I'm curious about this too ever since MXTX said he was the best in bed and from the implications in the extras he's very passionate :blob_blush: And yea the main story is complete, i'm still waiting for someone to translate my favorite extra, someone did long ago on tumblr but i lost the file :blob_teary: I can't choose between MDZS or HOB as my favorite, i love both almost equally but my fave MC is probably XL or Shizun. Her 4th novel will most likely have no papapa due to censorship so rip that too :blobpensive:

No answer meant no but i don't get that scene either, at first i thought it was cause he didn't want to come in terms that WWX was gone but i'm not sure?? Idk anyone have a different interpretation on why??

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    AI Xin, YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  12. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh.. my apologies, I meant "interview", not bts. I saw it in twitter, it's a collection of moments of how the cast members reacted to dirty or suggestive jokes:
    https://twitter.com/wokkyguoguo/status/1163747996418228224

Xiao Zhan did pretty well by pretending (or really) "not getting the joke", and the rest are just.... :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

** EDIT ** I just realize in the same twitter thread, there is a 2nd video with more funny scenes. Enjoy listening to LHK (LXC) saying something about being senior / junior, something long, something short / small, and the whole room descending into juvenile uproar. WYB slamming the table and laughing like a kid there...

I saw on twitter about a concert coming up that involves the CQL cast.. ahh.. more Wangxian moments, please !!! (or bjyx...... :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:)

13. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally novel-ignorant here... but I think if LWJ didn't burn paper money, it probably meant he believed that WWX didn't die (permanently) and didn't "go to the underworld", or something to that effect. At least that's my understanding from the limited explanation my parents gave during the ChingMing / QingMing days about how "hell money" works... :hmm:

14. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I read somewhere that says Xiao Zhan did too, but now this is conflicting information, so I'm not sure anymore, but at least Wang Yibo did hahaha! I think they read it because they want to study their characters and how to play it better, which I will say this dedication is something positive in my eyes :blobicecreamlove:

As for what goes through Yibo's mind as Lan Zhan when he was playing these intimate scenes with Xiao Zhan, good thing he knows Lan Zhan's feelings in the novel, because it makes it all the more meaningful to watch with the way he looks at Wei Ying in CQL :bloblove: And remember the scene when they were stuck in the Xuanwu Cave, the part when Wei Ying thought he loves Mian Mian, and he actually said it, well, someone actually did a meme on that i.e. what went on in Lan Zhan's mind, which is so hilarious LOL :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OMG, like that "look" was just so priceless, so yeah, Wang Yibo did a real good job in expressing his feelings for Wei Ying, with the way he looks at him :blobjoy::blobjoy: So yeah, he surely knows what's up :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Oh, I didn't see that on my end, but Yibo always love to tease Xiao Zhan about the age gap whenever he had the chance, and it's hilariously cute lol :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Nice MV! Though honestly, the choice of music can't make me take this MV seriously for some reason :blobrofl::blobrofl:

Anyways, I got one to share with you, this is a Modern AU on Yibo and Xiao Zhan (thought you might like it) :blobsmilehappy:

I thought Xiao Zhan did before, but after that post on twitter, I'm not sure anymore :blobsweat: But eitherway, whether Xiao Zhan did or not, he really understand his character (Wei Ying) very well, and I'm sure even if he read the censored version, when it comes to Wangxian, it's already a lot of scenes that shows Wangxian is a romantic pair, and Xiao Zhan knows about this :blobcatblush: So even if the 18+ scenes is censored, but *cough* the kiss scenes certainly isn't *cough* :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: The Revised Version was the version MXTX said in her post-scrip that is the closest to how she wants to write it, so that's why she revise her story/plot (from the original one that was first printed), honestly, I love the revised version for all the added scenes, because, from what I know:
    The blind fold kiss, was only added in the revised version (which is the one K translates), and the whole Sizhui remembering Wei Ying, that happened in the Revised Version, and didn't happen in the original one.

As for how the Papapa scenes was now censored in the revised version is because of the whole incident that happened (as you know) so, no papapa scene, just whenever it gets to that part, it will say "Censored" :blob_teary::blob_teary: (So let's be thankful that we get to read the complete uncensored version), and also from what I got out of it, the reprinted version of the Chinese Paperback in Simplified Chinese, this one:
    [​IMG]

that's actually censored, sadly, while the Traditional Chinese Paperback version (from Taiwan) still have those uncensored papapa scenes.

Yeah, my country sells it, which I'm glad :aww: Yup in Chinese, I'm going to Read and collect :cookie::cookie:

Hahaha, yeah, their comments was fun, I was more focused on reading the comments than watching the scenes on my end :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Well, naturally, and no fair Lan Zhan! I wanted the Nenderoid Wei Ying!! :blob_pout::blob_pout:But I can't really put my heart into blaming Lan Zhan as the culprit hahahaah! :blobrofl::blobrofl: [I still ended up getting the Nenderoid one on another site, since I wanted it so badly, sorry Lan Zhan, I only needed 1, you can have the rest :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:]

The white one is definitely Lan Zhan!!!! It's so him, and it's funny how Lan Xichen was saying the white rabbit seems quiet, but he's so aggressive towards the other rabbits, lmao, and I'm like, Lan Xichen, do you know you're indirectly saying this to Lan Zhan, your brother here? :blobrofl::blobrofl:

I got it from this site: https://aitaikuji.com/mo-dao-zu-shi-aimon-exclusive-official-goods-rabbit-plush :cookie:

They sell a lot of MDZS merch here :blobmelt:

Yeah I feel the same, I felt that it's only going to be a matter of time before they can confess, but what Lan Xichen did, just helped escalated the situation for Wangxian confession, and I will forever thank him for that :bloblove: Even when I'm still bitter at him for saying that Wei Ying is the only mistake Lan Zhan made in his life... :blob_teary::blobsob: Wei Ying's confession in the novel, made it SO worth it in the long run, because he confess in a way that only he will confess, and I LOVE that whole confession scene especially when Wei Ying shows Lan Zhan how sincere he was, you can really tell that Lan Zhan was really happy in that moment :bloblove::bloblove: Both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying was in their own bliss/happy world, and I feel so happy for them :bloblove::bloblove: This is why, I personally didn't mind all the angst that played up before their confession, because I feel that it's because of these angst is what makes this confession, and their post confession Wangxian PDA to be even more sweeter/touching :bloblove::bloblove: Bringing out that sense that it's totally worth it in the long run, our long wait is totally worth it :aww::aww: And honestly, I didn't blame Wei Ying for feeling afraid to confess to Lan Zhan about his feelings, because I can understand his fears, and where he's coming from, this is also why Lan Zhan is afraid of confessing to Wei Ying, because they both really value the other's opinions/answers a lot, and is afraid if after confessing, they will hear an answer different to what they have hoped for if that makes sense, so yeah, Lan Xichen really helped bring Wangxian confession to surface in the novel :blobparty: I also hope they will put that in the Audio Drama too, because I want to see how that scene is played out with actually hearing this on my end :aww::aww:

I also thought before that him playing inquiry for 13 years was true for the longest time and it actually is canon, but then I realized this was just a fan theory. I think it's fine to accept this theory since Lan Zhan character song [CQL] already implies this and I see that it is within his character to play inquiry for Wei Ying for 13 years. I believe in this theory, and I'm head-canoning this on my end.

Oh, those type of people is very annoying, and I'm honestly tired of seeing people bash on Lan Zhan, like wtf, Lan Zhan is the best hubby, what the hell do they want more from it?! :blob_catflip: If you're on Tumblr, just block them, those fans are so sick and childish to stir hate within the fandom! :blob_catflip: I still go on Tumblr to see Donghua GIF's on my end too. I guess yeah, Tumblr is toxic in the overall when it comes to nonsensical fans... I do really hate seeing those antis of the donghua though, like urgh! :facepalm:

To be honest, I have only seen Lan Zhan and Wei Ying's character song, and not the others, so it will be unfair for me to judge :blobsweat: But even if I have seen it, I still probably will choose both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying one as my favourite, because I love the lyrics in their character song :aww: Like Lan Zhan's song really gives a sad feeling, and when learning about the lyrics to his song, it really shows his strong feelings on how he misses Wei Ying on his end :cry: In contrast to Wei Ying's character song, his one is more up-beat/lively for me, and after learning the lyrics, it's pretty much like a confession of his feelings for Lan Zhan, so yeah, I love both of these character song on my end :bloblove::bloblove:

Well, here's Lan Zhan and Wei Ying's one for you to watch and see what I mean :aww:

But in the end, I guess it depends on my mood, if I wanted to hear a more up-beat/lively version I love to hear Wei Ying's character song, but if I want to hear a more sad one, I will go for Lan Zhan's character song :)

To be honest, I actually didn't know that there is a HOB donghua, so I was really surprised to find out this news. According to this source here, the webtoon will be released in October:
    upload_2019-8-24_15-48-7.png

I hope the art and the animation isn't like Scum Villain (3D) because no offense, I was personally disappointed with the designs to SV Donghua in 3D :cry::cry: Like, I don't have anything against 3D animation, because I love Final Fantasy and all that, but honestly, Luo Binghe design just disappoints and I imagined him to be much handsomer than what I seen on PV and Posters :blobconfounded:

Good luck with staying up late :cookie: My time zone is ahead, so I won't be able to watch this until tomorrow :blobconfounded: I also hope we can get some nice Wangxian scenes too.

True, Wangxian is canonically a BL novel adaptation whereas Spiritpact is just manhua, and the manhua artist says it's not BL so that means shes' queer-baiting? (that's disappointing...) :blobconfounded: But then, maybe she's just saying this to protect her work due to censorship, who knows... :blobconfounded:I personally do ship Xihua as my Otp in Spiritpact though, and this scene:

Sorry, I couldn't find the Chinese Version, but I can assure you this scene is in the Chinese Version as well, because I have that downloaded on my end, the whole scene, the whole dialogue seems g-a-y to me, and considering it's also a Chinese Donghua by Tencent, I'm kinda hoping MDZS will have at least 1 kiss scene, and that blindfold kiss is enough for me [to be adapted] but well, one can hope here :blobbunny:

I watched the donghua to Spiritpact in Chinese since I love their voices better in Chinese > Japanese.

Yeah, MXTX did said that Hua Cheng is the best in bed, but too bad, that we never get to read how best he is in bed :blob_blush: Oh, that's good to know, I might just resume reading this soon then. Oh, the Extra where Xie Lian celebrates Hua Cheng's birthday? If so, that's my favourite Extra too :blobicecreamlove: Ahh, I see, if you can't decide, then you don't need to, since that's your love/choice there :blobsmilehappy: I personally love MDZS as my no.1 favourite, but HOB still ranks really high for me too :aww: Oh, you love Shizun in SV as your favourite MC? :blobnom: Nice to know :aww: My favourite MC is Wei Ying, I also love Xie Lian too :blobicecreamlove:Yeah, her 4th novel definitely won't have any papapa, it will probably be like another tamed/censored one like HOB :blobcry:

15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    My interpretation to this whole scene is, Lan Zhan didn't believe in something like the dead will be able to receive paper-money, just like how Wei Ying initially told off the juniors for doing something so ridiculous i.e. dead can't receive paper money etc etc.

In Chinese, burning paper money for the dead is considered a folklore, but it's just depends on whether you believe it or not. For one to receive paper money, you need to burn it in front of their grave. It's something where it originates as a tradition kind of thing that burning paper money is like ensuring that even after death, the ghost/spirit will not be poor and can live on in the afterlife and not living in poverty etc.

Knowing Lan Zhan's character, I don't think he believe in such a folklore/tradition on his end. I don't see Lan Zhan have any problems giving Wei Ying money on his end, I mean, in the novel, we also saw that Lan Zhan doesn't mind giving money to Wei Ying, for him to use, his money pouch, his Gusu Lan passage Token which can collect money, so I'm sure that if Lan Zhan believes the dead will receive paper money, he will burn these for Wei Ying on his end, because he wants Wei Ying to live a good life, even after death, and not one that is of poverty.

So, in the end, I believe that the reason why Lan Zhan didn't answer Wei Ying when he asked him this question, where it's simply left as 'no answer' because whether he did burn paper money for Wei Ying or not, it's all up to the readers interpretations, to this scene, do you believe Lan Zhan would? Yes/No, depends on you.

I personally didn't think Lan Zhan did, because I see that he doesn't believe in such a folklore on his end. That's why when Wei Ying ask Lan Zhan if he's going to stop the juniors from burning paper money, Lan Zhan just told him that he can stop them. So, in the end, it was left as 'no answer' from Lan Zhan when he asked if he burned paper money for him or not, is because if he said he didn't it will probably upset Wei Ying, and he couldn't bring himself to say it, so he didn't reply to his question, nor did he want to go into the details about how he played inquiry for 13 years to find his soul again (and Wei Ying didn't answer to his call, no matter how hard he tried). So the best he could do is just 'not answer' at all.

Note, this whole "playing Inquiry for thirteen years, waiting for the unreturning one", is just a fan accepted theory, and instead of burning paper money (which Lan Zhan didn't believe in), what happened in these 13 years is, Lan Zhan was playing inquiry for 13 years, waiting for Wei Ying's soul to answer his call, and Lan Zhan was labelled for 'being where the chaos is', I believe part of the reason is because he wanted to see Wei Ying's soul again (whether alive, or truly dead). Him being where the chaos is, I do strongly believe it originates from his desire to see Wei Ying again, where he's hoping that among these chaos, it will lead him to clues and in hopes of seeing Wei Ying again on his end. So instead of burning paper money which is just a folklore and can't be validated to be true or not, he was doing something which is more useful and practical on his end.

16. Sofieeee

Sofieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone still remember the fanmade song for the novel “Different Roads” (long time fans should’ve atleast seen it once), someone updated it with the Untamed scenes.
    Original (english sub)

The Untamed

YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  17. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    AI Xin, sayu9913 and setsuna3025 like this.
  18. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    MDZS donghua S2 E6 is up! Via that youtuber channel or any other sources, I guess :blob_grin:

Sauling likes this.
  19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    LOVE the SONG! And this MVS is so beautiful!!! :aww::aww::aww:

20. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have the YT User link again? I tried going to the old Episode I watched (link) but it was removed, so I lost the user on my end. Would appreciate if you can send the link again, so I can watch this today, haha.