Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Akit0

Akit0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

And the scene after the ending song I think since they cut both songs.

Lavinia, YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  3. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the link! :aww:

Lucasta MeiMei likes this.
  4. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but yibo said in an interview that he didn't really interpret/ understand/think of LZ as a character and that is why audience felt that disconnect in the acting
    but then director explained him the essence of the character and how he should be interpreting and audience can look forward to change in acting as episodes progress

-- which we ended up seeing and this interview snippet was in early days when drama started airing..def before ep 13/14

5. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that's why he ended up reading the novel to get a better understanding to his character? I'm not sure, since I'm just following what MDZS - Audio Drama said on her twitter: https://twitter.com/MoDaoVSZuShi/status/1164644773396996098 (Continued on in the comment section).

I haven't personally seen that interview that you're talking about, but to me, while I do agree that at the beginning Yibo portraying Lan Zhan does felt a bit off, but as I watched on, it just felt like he gotten into his character where he played his character naturally, so in the end, I do think Yibo did a good job in playing Lan Zhan's character as the story progresses.

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  6. ausriukazz

ausriukazz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!:aww::aww::aww:

Lucasta MeiMei likes this.
  7. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Just watched Episode 6 to the Donghua! :coffee:

I think I am starting to understand what the donghua is trying to do on their end, they are really trying to mix up the events and summarize the flashbacks here, I said 'summarize', because it really does feels like a summary, and I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest, since it feels so rushed... :blobconfounded::blobconfounded:I wanted to see Wei Ying making fun of Lan Zhan being the 'father'... I wanted to see Lan Zhan buying toys for A-Yuan... I wanted to see A-Yuan feeding soup to Wei Ying, but they were all just 'summarized' and cut out, like it's just feels like, 'tick, tick, tick, this scene is done, next!' :cry: At this rate, I really doubt, and yeah, I've given up on the blind-fold kiss, since I don't think they will give us it, because of these 'summary' :blob_teary::blob_teary: we don't even see A-Yuan bonding with Lan Zhan and I was hoping to see the whole brother rich and brother poor conversation between A-Yuan and Wei Ying, and there's a lot of scenes I want to see in the novel getting into the anime in that flashback but they were all cut out.. :blobcry:

I was also hoping that Wei Ying will go to the meeting point to meet Lan Zhan, since he said Lan Zhan was waiting for him, but it turns out, it was all just my hopeful thinking for some animated Wangxian bridal carry, but oh well:blobcry:.

And wow, Wei Ying's curse marks in the donghua is much worse in the donghua when compared to the novel....:blobfearful: But Lan Zhan arriving and being all worried for Wei Ying is a plus! :bloblove::bloblove: Too bad, Wei Ying was unconscious then..

I always welcome red-eyes Wei Ying on my end, and he was definitely cool in that scene! :blobmelt: Jin Zixun was pathetic how he was afraid of Wei Ying lol (Me @ Jin Zixun! :blobcheeky:) But seeing Jin Zixuan died was.... tragic... :cry:

But honestly, I don't really know what to say, because, is it just me, since, I felt like Season 2 is just a bunch of 'summarized' and random flashbacks being thrown into the story, where it's just jumping from present/past/present/past, and the present plot-line plot doesn't feel like it's progressing at all. I mean, I still LOVE the donghua, but at the same time, I just can't help but feel like it's really disorganized:blobconfounded:

I feel like I expressed more disappointment in this episode and sorry for that :cry: despite these disappointments, I still do love the donghua, it's just that I wish that these flashbacks was done better than what was shown because it's really is like a summary :sushi_no:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    AI Xin, Lavinia and Lucasta MeiMei like this.
  8. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm holding off from watching the donghua raws coz everyone's saying that the scenes are rushed and major plot points are skipped - and I'm pretty sure with limited chinese knowledge plus having not read the novel beforehand, I will be extremely lost and confused if I watched the raws:sweating_profusely:...
    But I'm glad everyone has the chance to watch eps 6 today - thanks Lucasta Meimei for sharing the youtube link! :blob_grin:

Just realized Guodong Subs has a twitter account, and they released up to eps 4 eng sub today :blobparty:

I think the timing is right, and I credit the director for thinking ahead about Yibo's problem. At the beginning when everyone's studying at the Cloud Recesses, LWJ just met WWX and has a colder / ignorant demeanor since he hasn't had much feelings, awareness or pay attention to the latter. Also, he was I guess younger and inexperienced with people and social situations at that time, so having him looking like a poker-faced block of wood is just fine. At least when he starts adventuring with WWX to crack the Yin Metal mystery, he starts to show more emotions especially those facial micro-expressions - I guess that's in line with Yibo's deeper understanding of LWJ's character, as time passes. Xuanwu cave was a big turning point for me - who knew the stone-faced LWJ could express horror and spit out blood so beautifully at the sight of another man undressing ! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

I read somewhere in twitter about the final scene that was shot was the night time rooftop scene.. followed but the memorable pictures of those two and the production crew sitting on the rooftop and fists towards the skies and bouquets of flowers in hand. Does anyone know which rooftop scene was this? I barely remember a few, but cannot point out which one it was.

It would be interesting to compare how Yibo's LWJ looks and acts in that final scene, compared to the earliest scenes (which I assume is the Cloud Recesses classroom scene), and see the differences.

9. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not the only one. I'm honestly feeling down because of the second season. The first one was incredible. And the second one would have been too if they did 15 episodes and not just 8. Or they could have made them half of hour instead of less than 20. They left out so many wonderful scenes and we remained with... nothing. I feel like they just threw a scene at us and said: here, this happened, you don't need to know more about it. At least they put some cute scenes after the ending song (sometimes). Honestly, I do not know what's in their mind, but I'm just so disappointed since I love the donghua so much and I was looking forward to many scenes from the novel to be animated. Nothing we can do about it anyway.. I'll just enjoy what I get. At least it's something.

Edit: I already gave up in hoping that they will animate the bridal carry, the tree scene, I don't even want to think about the drunk scenes or the cave one! I was hoping that they will at least show how Lan Wangji defended Wei Wuxian but since I saw how the flashbacks work now, I highly doubt it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Sauling and Lavinia like this.
  10. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm.. something came across my mind today while I was having lotus root pork rib soup with dinner...

In CQL, it seems to me that JC never fully reconciled with WWX by the end of the story. I mean, WWX was basically whipped and kicked out of Lotus Pier, and even at the Guan Yin Temple, JC got an earful of explanation but did he ever say words like 'I forgive you' or 'I'm sorry' to WWX? I didn't catch all the talking in chinese, so maybe I missed it if it really happened :hmm:
    I know WWX probably said someting along the lines of "It's OK and please forget it" and "it doesn't matter anymore", that's his character...

How does the JC-WWX relationship by the end of the story differs between CQL and the novel?

Spoiler me away, and please use tags if you think it's necessary :cookie:

11. Lucasta MeiMei

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't watch the drama till the end, but in the novel it's more like the author was giving us the freedom to think what we want. They didn't exactly made up, but there could be a possibility in the future. They definitely won't be like before, but at least Jiang Cheng won't come after his head each time he sees him lol

Jiang Cheng definitely cares for his brother since at the very end, right after they left GuanYin Temple, he revealed in his mind that the reason he was capture by the Wen's back then wasn't because he rushed over there to kill them, but because he protected Wei Wuxian. Those words are only known by the readers and it honestly hurts. He sees no point in telling Wei Wuxian now since he already gave his golden core to Jiang Cheng and it would only seem like he tries to make amends or something. There's a lot of history between them, a lot of negative thoughts inserted in Jiang Cheng's mind through time so I find the ending fitting. He can't just change his mind right then and there. But with time, I think they at least could share a cup of wine together.

Sauling likes this.
  12. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: just LMAO WTF SIA LOLOPLOLOL
    DAMNNNNNN THE UNTAMED ONE WAS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:blobpopcorn_cool:
    hahahahah i like hw they insert those subtext ahahahhahahahah HAHAHAH LMAO :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

ikr hahahah WYB always tease XZ about anything when got chance is just fuuny and awesome. like WYB doesnt even care about the age gap and just tease and bully XZ like a veri close fren ahahahahha :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::aww::aww::aww::blobpopcorn_cool:

wow the AU is so interestingggggggggggggggggg i would wan to see tat actually ahhahaha and they hav a kid wooooowwwwwwwwww :blobsmilehappy::blobxd::aww: but sad oso the angst :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow nice so the revised version is wayyyyyyyy better ahahha cause we get the blindfold kiss and a-yuan remeberin his Xian gege:aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww: YAYYY for the revised version:blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: ouch the smiplfied one cencorsed but the traditional one is not LOLOLLOL

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

hahahahahhas damn nw u make me wan to ahv one too ahhahaha i oso wan it lololol:cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. well we cant blame lan zhan as he is wei ying number 1 fan! in the whole world:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IKR IKR HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA LMAO:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: maybe lan zhan didnt like tat comment and took the 2 rabbits away and don let black rabbit make new frens and lan zhan says nah its ok (tat its just the 2 of the rabbits tat wei ying gav him) hahahah

THXXXXX

i wonder if he wasnt playin inqury as it is just a fan based thoery den other den being where choas is wonder wat was he doin? maybe takin care of a-yuan teachin classes and rhink of wei ying when he relieve himself when it becomes stress???!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p:p:p:blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobowoevil_horns:

yup its defiently WYB and not lan zhan. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: hw the hell did they do the flimming when WYB and XZ r doin these kind of stuffs hahahahahhahah :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: but its nice instead giv a fun place to act in though WYB will bully XZ like crazy when got chance :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobpopcorn_cool:

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  13. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the drama JC said i'm sorry before WX wipes his tears

14. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a psychology expert but i wonder if all these behind the scenes "hitting" and "comedy" is to kind og overcome the embarrassment of a gay relationship (between the characters.. i mean everyone knows this is ultimately a BL novel so you KNOW who is your love interest)

The whole, can't look at you without laughing and they literally can't look at each other normally..
    given the whole younger age dynamics.. it is easier to make fun of things than be mature professional immersed in their roles :)
    (like let's say if 2 30+ actors were doing this)

15. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    just watched ep 6 and where is the brother rich and brother poor. LOLOL wanted tat. DAMN IT A-YUAN IS JUST TOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww: callin lan zhan dad ahhahah.

the part where they were eatin and wei ying was tappin his fingers on the paper, and suddenly the 2 guys at the side turn around and look, was it cause wei ying suddenly became so cold and even a-yuan look scared but yet so cute, while eatin:aww::aww::aww::aww::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:.

a-yuan pullin wei ying robes just to get his attention is OMG LOL MELTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:blobicecreamlove::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:.

DAMN TAT FKIN JIN ZIXUN THE MOST ANNOYIN PIECE OF SHIT EVER TO EXIST.

and i can seriously face plam at Jin zixuan. he com in for wat just to get himself killed :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless:. like wtffff wei ying ask him y not ask thier fkin sect ppl to put down their swords, and zixuan got the never to say wei ying is crazy? like wtf!!!! he still wans wei ying dead ba he just torlerate it cause he is JYL brother. if not he cant even be borthed wif wei ying being dead or alive.

and wei ying ask him to stop provoking him and will not touch him, and this fkin zixuan still hav the fkin never to say tat wei ying is still so sturbborn and don wan listen and get himself killed for no reason. WHICH IS FKIN STUPID:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless:.

well i nvr like Jin Zixuan and any of the fkin JINs they can all go and die and don ever hav their bloodline existing anymore all nth but a bunch of fktards stuck up peacocks assholes LOLOLOLOLOL. gd thing both zixuan and zixun die.

hmmm but the resentful energy aaround there trigger the tiger seal and make wei ying go crazy? or someone put the resentful energy there. since zixun said tat all the corpse r cleared. but maybe the resentful energy still lingers.

AI Xin likes this.
  16. Lavinia

Lavinia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad i'm not the only that feels that season 2 has been underwhelming so far, while watching the episode i felt so disconnected from everything that i couldn't even enjoy it and just skipped to some scenes. I feel like i'll genuinely enjoy it a lot more if i had not read the book like with season 1 where i went in blind and everything was amazing, idk my expectations seem to be too high and it's just affecting my overall enjoyment of the series so far. I'm trying hard not to judge it too much since there's like 2 episodes left but like everyone said everything feels too rushed and this episode felt very short. Hopefully when all the episodes are out and are subbed my opinion will change a bit but so far it feels like with every episode that comes out my enjoyment goes down.

I love the donghua and it's my favorite adaption but i hope season 3 is different and more like season 1 or at least longer so that it's not as rushed. It's so odd since i waited so long for S2 to air but when it did everything is kinda meh with the latest episodes except for some scenes, so far i'm just hoping episodes 7&8 are a bit better.

Anyways i went back to rewatch and i surprisingly enjoyed it a lot more, here's some of my favorite moments:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. Apparently there's gonna be a early screening of ep 7 tomorrow?? hmm not sure :hmm:

17. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure the final scene filmed is the Nightless City rooftop scene (confirmed by their outfits in the end of filming photos)
    the Emperor’s smile rooftop scene is filmed just before that (confirmed by BTS vid)

as for order of scenes, WYB’s acting (and hairstyle) is a the most obvious marker ever lol. imo earliest scenes that were filmed are:

- Cloud Recesses classroom. esp the scenes surrounding the 1st drunk LWJ incident. (WYB so swollen and sleepy lol)

- WWX/LWJ/JC meeting after 16 yrs in ep2

- WWX waking up in Cloud Recesses after flashback and WWX/LWJ talking in the snow (this is actually confirmed in the recent interview. apparently that particular LWJ hair piece was pulling too hard on his eyes and making it hard to act...alright I forgive you WYB)

- the 2nd seige of Burial Mound. (I think one of us in this thread pointed this out before. like from Jinlintai escape up until the scene in the music library WYB is super duper good. then all of the sudden as they set off to Burial Mound he is baaad...like the most sleepy and unfocused LWJ. and then as soon they came out of Burial Mound and got on the boats he got a brand new outfit, his hair looks prettier, and the acting super good again lol)

YaoiMom22 likes this.
  18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I can relate to your feelings here :blobconfounded: It pains me to say this because I love the donghua, but honestly, I feel like the second season isn't really organized in that aspect, because a lot of scenes just felt randomly thrown in, where even if we get these flashbacks, it's not even a flashback where they put their heart into animating, just a summarized version of what actually happened. If I didn't read the novel, I would have been like missing out ALOT. They really left out so many wonderful scenes, where fans are left with... nothing, so, it's exactly like you said: "here, this happened, you don't need to know more about it...":blobcry:

I would also hope for it to be 15-20 episodes, and if it's 8 episodes, it will be like 30 minutes. At this rate, I really think that even if I don't watch Season 2, I won't be missing anything that much in terms of plot-progress, like, I highly doubt we will see the Yi City arc animated entirely with 2 episodes remaining...

I'm still somewhat disappointed how they handled that flashback scene in Episode 6, because that's my favourite moment, so much I wanted to see, but was cut off...So yeah, judging by how they handle these flashbacks and from what I've seen so far, I honestly just gave up in hoping for any bridal carry (because they have changed the events that lead to this...), the tree (blind fold kiss) because if they can handle these flashback scenes like this.... I doubt we will get any of the scenes we want to see... so yeah, I am not putting my hopes in getting a drunk Lan Zhan too (even when I was hoping before to see this animated!!!) :cry: From what I'm seeing, these alterations really changes a lot so, I don't know what to expect anymore... I will still enjoy what I can get, since I do love the donghua, but honestly from a donghua fan, it's really disappointing because I wish they can do this better, season 1, despite it being all flashback, at least it actually is something solid, that flows and doesn't feel disconnected/random the way what we see in Season 2 :( So, it's probably best that I don't hope for seeing my favourite parts in the novel being animated, since they handled my favourite flashback in Episode 6 so poorly...

EDIT: This actually reminds me that, when Lan Zhan came to Wei Ying after he fainted, he called out his name "Wei Ying", and Wei Ying, at that time was already part-unconscious, so I wonder will Wei Ying really hear Lan Zhan call out "Wei Ying" to him... So, I'm curious to see how they will go from there...

I hope that despite you're asking for these spoilers, you have plans to read the novels one day, because even if there are things we spoil for you, you are really missing out a lot on what's happening in the novel, if you don't really experience this yourself:blobsweat: It also won't be fun anymore if you are spoiled entirely of what happened in the novel, if you know these spoilers. Reading the novel first hand, and experience their journey along with what you read, will enable you to experience & connect with the characters first hand, because this is something spoilers can't provide if you are just getting bits and pieces of it. So if you have plans to read the novel, then you will find the answer to these questions one day.

I crack up laughing at these subtexts on my end :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: That "look" that Yibo!LWJ gave XZ!WWX just said it all! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, WYB really loves to tease and bully XZ, and to me, he can be this openly like this to XZ is because he opens up to him, and it shows they're really close IRL (like very close friends) :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: Although while I feel bad for XZ because WYB doesn't show mercy at all, but it's amusing at the same time seeing their reactions :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Yup, it's an AU :aww: Fans are really dedicated to these two! :aww: That editing is totally amazing! :aww: Did you know that fans also name the ship name of them as 'YiZhan' , although some named it 'WangXiao' (Wangxiao just need to replace the 'o' with 'n' to become Wangxian lmao!') Fans are really dedicated on FB loll :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: Yeah, that FMV is really sad and full of angst. But, it's interesting though in an AU setting ~ :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

From what I know:
    In the revised version, there's the third drunken kiss, but that didn't happen in the original version. So yeah, from what I gathered there's so many good scenes added in the revised version that I love :aww::blobnosebleed:

The simplified one is censored due to that being published in China, whereas that Traditional Chinese Paperback isn't because that is published in Taiwan, so hooray for Taiwanese (Traditional Chinese) version! :blobparty::blobparty:

I got an email invoice to make payment, but they don't accept my Credit Card... :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: So.... I have changed to another payment method, which I hope they will accept because I want to get it so badly! :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood: I know I know, I was so upset when they told me it was sold out, and I'm like "Who in the world would do such a thing?!" and Cypress posted the meme/fanart of Lan Zhan purchasing all the WWX Nenderoid back then when it was out, I'm like.... "Oh, it's Lan Zhan.... Ok, nevermind :blob_teary::blobdead:" So yeah, as a Wangxian fan, I can never blame Lan Zhan, because he is just claiming what's his (lmao) as he said in the Audio Drama indirectly referencing this on the white rabbit when he's telling his brother!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But Lan Zhan!!! Don't worry, I preorder your Nenderoid too, so I have every intention of putting you two next to each other :bloblove::bloblove: If they accept my payment that is :blobdead::blobdead:

Haha, maybe :blobamused::blobamused: He sure understand how that white rabbit is feeling :blobamused::blobamused:

Well, thinking about Wei Ying and missing him is a given, afterall, he was the one who give A-Yuan that courtesy name "Sizhui" :blobmelt::blobmelt:
    And we also know that just like Wei Ying who once buried A-Yuan when he was young in the ground "to make him grow taller". Lan Zhan also once buried him in a pile of rabbits :blobjoy: But other than that, he's definitely the one who raised A-Yuan to the teenager where he was also taught first hand by Lan Zhan how to play the Quqin and understand the Quqin language:blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Mercy, WYB!!!! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: And how Xiao Zhan once advised WYB to treat him nicer every day lmao! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: But in the overall, yeah, these two really brings liveliness to the group, and it's funny because they both said that individually they're quite reserve; so despite how they can be themselves like this, it really shows they are enjoying it and not feel so reserved about it :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

Did you know that both WYB and Xiao Zhan created a Weibo Group once called 'GeGe loves you' and added Wang Zhuo Cheng (The actor of Jiang Cheng) to the Group Chat, and Wang Zhuo Cheng exited the group because he said they're being so childish (and I think he was embarrassed with the title "GeGe Loves you" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you, and you saw my comment about Episode 6 in here yesterday :blobcry:Season 2 started off promising, but things just get underwhelming so far, which is sad, because yes, the donghua is also my favourite adaptation, so it's really pains me to say these negatives..

I just felt like seeing how they handle the flashback, it's really disappointing to that degree, since it's really felt like a random summarized flashback being thrown into the story and it felt disconnected or disorganized that I don't even know why it happened. Ok, if it happened, can they not do a better job at it instead of giving us a flashback, just only skip out soo many wonderful scenes that we want to see?

At this point, I'm not going to hope anymore for what I want to see in the novel being adapted because I was disappointed in Episode 6, and well, blindfold kiss is really going to be highly unlikely now due to how they handle these flashbacks.

Whatever it is, I really hope that Season 3 will do a better job at this, and not give an underwhelming feeling to fans who actually love the donghua, since Season 1 was really good. Season 2 plot just felt like a bunch of random flashbacks... Where plot-progress didn't get anywhere at all. I thought I will be seeing the Yi City arc being animated, but at this rate, with just 2 more episodes, around 40 minutes left, I doubt it :blobsad:

Anyways, for now, I'll just try to watch it without comparing to the novel, maybe that will make it more enjoyable to me. I still love the donghua but some things/some feelings inside, just need to let it out on my end, sorry to those donghua fans out there.

In the novel, JC also said sorry to Wei Ying too, except Wei Ying didn't wipe his tears in the novel. Jiang Cheng was the one who did it on his own.

In CQL (Drama), at the end, after Wei Ying left, he said "Take good care / Take Care" towards the direction Wei Ying left in, and this shows a much better resolution when compared to the novel, because Jiang Cheng didn't said this in the novel.

However, the novel, I don't really see it as hopeless, because it's obvious that they still care for each other, and I believe in time, they will be able to, you know, sit down, and drink some wine together, but given if they can really you know, see each other again in the future, off-screen.

AI Xin, YaoiMom22 and Lavinia like this.
  20. Sofieeee

Sofieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg this video is so cool, fight to the music.

AI Xin, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.