Discussion well past

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Return, Aug 24, 2019.

Tags:
?

support old games or new ones ?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2019.
  1. i support the old ones!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. i support the new ones with RTX2060

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i support ..... the domination of the world !!

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    hey i was learning html and css and php then without any connection i got myself a psp emulator and playstation emulator too then download all psp games + ps2 games and currently playing
    tbh it seems old games have more joy than nowadays is it me or some agree with me ? talk about your impression on nowadays games and the past ones which belong to psp psvita ps2 ps1 nintendo ofc

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree albeit I prefer nes games more if we are talking about old games

3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nostalgia thread here.

Pick up your heart and soul for the ride cause it's nostalgia road ahead!

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Nostalgia is powerful. I sometimes replay games and even if I’m not sure why I enjoy them that much but I can still remember how much fun I had... which for some reason makes it fun.
    We had so much less choice back then that playing games was just so enjoyable.
    Now there’s Netflix, steam, YouTube and so much more to entertain yourself with.

5. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, what i especially liked from old games is the splitscreen... Nowadays most games needed to be bought twice to play coop... Also the lack of microtransaction in the games. But there are still some newer games that i like almost as much as the old games. For example dragon quest xi

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    A part of that is due to nostalgia, but also since graphics were lower, more effort had to be put into gameplay to keep people interested. In comparison, modern games put all their budget to look shiny but due to that are more lacking.

That said, stop slacking! You were suppose to be learning not playing! (side note: why waste time on php when you can just learn nodejs for backend, less learning since you need js anyways)

Return and mir like this.
  7. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Persona series, Star Ocean series, Pokemon series, .hack series (which I was fascinated by with since the first on the PS2, because it felt almost like a non-game because of the freedom of choosing the words for the gates), Shin Megami Tensei series, Makai Kingdom, Atelier Iris series, Mana Khemia series, Ar Tonelico series, Valkyria Chronicles, Ys, etc.etc.etc. .........
    Man that's a lot more than I play of these new games...

8. Sadim

Sadim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tried playing Bioshock (was pretty hyped for it)... turns out my pc isn't good enough to run the remastered one smoothly and a laggy shooter is a bit... meh.

9. AshariRb

AshariRb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i actually enjoy old game....

but also try nee realease that i think might be enjoyable. well i prefer old game like mario bross, Crash Bandicoot, and GTA SA because i grow up playing with it. I sometimes comeback and turn on my old console to play the nostalgic game, but once grow i'm bored on it again, i search a new release one.

But i must admit, the old game was so much enjoyable, that i can play it more than a month before i grow bored. While the new release one just last a few day or may be a week.

Although currently i'm stuck playing mobile gacha game XD so.... yeah.

10. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    prefers old games too... mostly ps1/ps2 ones... twisted metal, suikoden, call of duty, err.. harvest moon, crash bandicoot and the like... *remembers games like jackal n dungeons n dragons from family pc* aww.. so nostalgic...
    i dunno but... games now adays focus more on graphics.. n it makes me dizzy sometimes.. @.@
    and uhmm... i feel that old games were less complicated than new ones..

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read an article awhile back about this. It was talking about FPS (first person shooter) games, but what they said probably applies to more types of games too.
    They said that the way newer games are being designed, the experience is all about how skilled you can be at the game, whereas older games were designed more around how much fun you could have with it, whether you were skilled or not.

I love the feeling of just jumping in and having fun for awhile. I don't like it when a game feels like just more work. So I support the older ones.

(P.S. I think what @lnv said about the graphics is true too, and might be the bigger reason)

12. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    seems all like older games well it isnt like new ones is bad i found some new gems in gamejolt website which support beginning developers too well i found some too right now i bought psp and saving to buy ps vita and btw i am learning php because a friend of father asked him if he know someone who have this language for a job that pay alot then you can guess the rest