Recommendations Doesn’t have an overbearing/blackbelly ML

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by zombiequeenkai, Aug 24, 2019.

1. zombiequeenkai

zombiequeenkai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a female protagonist light novel where the male love interest isn’t those overbearing ceo types, or those blackbelly third princes, or oresama crown princes.

I know this is probably a fruitless endeavor but I’m just so god damn tired of these sort of domineering men that treat the female lead as cattle or as property. An actual genuine nice guy or a gentle guy would be nice.

Edit: I thought I should add in that I’m not looking for tsundere guys or those “cold and aloof” male love interests either. I’m really just looking for a kind guy where the Female MC doesn’t have to go through leaps and bounds and undergo all his abuse just to crack open his harsh exterior (Example- Transmigrator meet Reincarnator. Extra: I did read it and enjoyed it but the ending went down hill and became a mess imo). But thank you all for the recommendations. I’ll be sure to check them out.

Bonus: I would like it if the Female MC isn’t braindead... but I’m not really holding my breath seeing how a majority of MCs in light novels are mentally retarded.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Aforia and mingguiwen like this.
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Ascending Do Not Disturb

_dreamlesscloud_ likes this.
  3. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    KizunaAi likes this.
  4. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial Arts Master
    It has a male MC but trust me, the guys is the best out of all the novels I've ever read. Even though it's Action genre, 70% of it is romance.

ShadowkingMS likes this.
  5. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    My Master Disconnected Yet Again
    Mc is lazy but actually really smart, super lazy tho....
    ML well...
    The only way I can describe him is, he's good at cooking, really good, he's a chef..

Aforia likes this.
  6. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Unsaltea

Unsaltea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    _dreamlesscloud_ and Saphychan like this.
  9. mingguiwen

mingguiwen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing that youre looking for a normal guy (not possessive, has personality, nice, not aggressive... you know, someone people would like to date irl), but they are so rare in novels...

Lost you forever has an ML that I believe is near perfect, hes actually a nice responsible person with his own life and decisions. He won't throw away everything that was his life before he met the mc, and he will still care about his family. This complicates things though, because the ml having his own life means that everything isn't so smooth-sailing like in other novels, where the ml suddenly doesn't care about anything but the mc. I read this one multiple times, super recommending it! :blobmelt:

Side character transmigrations: the final boss is no joke
    Not sure if this is okay, because the ml is a bit of a tsundere... but he's the obvious kind and it only appears in small arguments, so its not annoying and he's not hiding that he likes the mc. He's not the overbearing ceo type, more like some sticky cute pet. Also, the mc is pretty smart in this one, and the relationship feels like she's "the one wearing the pants in the relationship" (she's the dominant one), so it's really refreshing!

10. IloveWebNovels

IloveWebNovels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Aforia

Aforia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. zombiequeenkai

zombiequeenkai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Finally, someone who got me.
    Also thank you for the recommendation everyone.

If you mean, “not every story is about ceos and princes” then you are right. If the male lead isn’t overbearing, blackbelly, or an oresama then he’s either a tsundere or a “cold and aloof” block of ice given life. While I am thankful for the recommendations, about half of these stories have a tsundere or cold male lead instead (The Lucia recommendation gave me a good laugh). Even half of your recommendations are tsunderes or aloof/cold types. Tho I do like some of your recommendations.

Mingguiwen exactly nailed down the sort of guy I’m looking for.

_dreamlesscloud_ and mingguiwen like this.
  13. mingguiwen

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy that i got it right :) I've also been searching for these normal ml's, but they are so rare, like they're the unicorns of the novel world.

I guess writers don't write ml's like that because there wouldn't be much happening without a really good storyline... Problems? ML's emotionally stable, copes with them normally. Misunderstandings? Nope, he's not an icecube, so he communicates with his girlfriend. Ruling the world? He's not interested. Tormenting people? Why on earth would a normal person do that... So it would be less eventful than some psyco ml with idolized possessiveness. I believe that the writer needs to be really creative to make a normal ml work, but i guess most of them don't care enough to think about it so much, and just copypasta another rich-iceberg-ceo... So the ones that do put in the time and work to write the good ml's are my real heroes! :aww:

_dreamlesscloud_ likes this.
  14. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Endo and Kobayashi’s Live Commentary on the Villainess ...probably? I actually haven't read many chapters but at least he didn't seem like any of the tropes mentioned
    F this one's kinda cutting it close since he's a little overbearing(when it concerns fl's safety) but understandably so because of the situation they're stuck in

15. Neneee

Neneee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Every Vicious Woman Needs a Loyal Man
    the FL gets a second chance and choses the original second ML who has loved her since forever :aww:
    2. Eight Treasures Trousseau
    the ML is the type who is calm and seems gentle, even when killing others
    3. A Mistaken Marriage Match: Record of Washed Grievances
    the ML is nice and also doesn't have a low EQ or IQ, the typical second ML actually
    4. When A Snail Loves
    the ML seems like the nice big brother from next door
    5. Full Of My Love To You
    6. I Don’t Like The World, I Only Like You
    The last two are somewhat close to an autobiography so both MLs aren't too much out of the world :blobmelt:

_dreamlesscloud_ and Suranchan like this.
  16. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  17. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I am now super interested in Lost You Forever. Do you know where I can read the completed translation of this gem please?
    It seems Novelupdate lacks chapters51-55

18. mingguiwen

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome! I dont know what could be in chapters 51-55, because the novel is perfectly finished at chapter 50 (even has one of those obvious finishing lines, that spell "the end"), so maybe they are just extras? I also couldn't find them when i was reading it.

Another novel i've found since then that has a nice male lead: Rebirth of the film emperors beloved wife
    It has a nice guy male lead, but a bit too nice to be realistic. This is a pretty lighthearted one compared to Lost You Forever, and its a modern world story. The characters... they're trying to communicate like normal people! Amazing! The fl is the ceo type here though, but still, she doesn't push away / hurt the ml like the usual ceo novels.

Have fun reading!

Suranchan likes this.
  19. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently reading "Husband is Great Black Belly".- guy is "mild"( not manipulative) blackbelly and treats the mc really well
    Don't be fooled by the title, it sounds cringey and rating is low because of the grammar.
    But it's extra fluffy and quite hilarious, in fact I had tears from laughing and it felt like my heart
    Is being twisted while reading. It was so sweet!! Starts when the girl met the guy when she was 14. I wish for a TV adaptation.

I'm reading on despite the grammar because it is that good.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    mingguiwen likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesnt exist because Black Belly is too popular. There will always be a black belly love interest even if its not the male lead