If you are a clone...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Aug 25, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk y, but I suddenly thought of clones and Gundam Seed Destiny. It’s an anime I had watched so many years ago when I was a teen. Not one of my top favorite anime, but it is one of my top “influential” and “unforgettable” anime.

The series has its flaws and issues, but over all some of the concepts stayed with me for a very long time; and quite disturbing.

For one, which suddenly, out of the blue, popped up—clones and enhanced human beings. Clones are probably better off than enhanced human beings that had undergo trauma as part of a mind control programs. Sounds like conspiracy stories such MKultra and of that likes. Very mess up people.

How would you feel knowing you’re a clone your entire life as you grew up in a lab. Maybe never knowing the concept of “family”? You may be taught “friend” and “worker.” But the ideal of family may be too far fetch for a clone raised in a lab. Why others are calling mom and dad, you’re calling Mr., Ms. and Dr.

How about being an enhanced human being? Being clam one moment and crazy the next? Sometimes not even remembering what you did?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Finalbeta likes this.
  2. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds truly f*** up.

mir likes this.
  3. TheF00rgotenMel0n

TheF00rgotenMel0n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, if my original is the same age as me, I would like for him to adopt me as his brother. Of course we would screw with people as twins do and live a happy life. If that doesn't work then I'll kill him and take his place as the original.

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I am very lackadaisical about my morality and what I consider "right" and "wrong". In the case of not having known the concept of family, as long as I exist in a similar state to what I am in right now, I would simply accept the fact (much like how I acknowledge my lack of empathy) and move on, hoping to improve and grow past it by the day. Would I hold a grudge on the ones who created me? Unlikely, unless they abused me or something like that, in which case I'd simply avoid them and make sure not to allow anything further from them.

mir and Fulminata like this.
  5. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it NTR if the clone performs intercourse with your lover?

6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clone with the original's memories or not?

With the original's memories would be both tough and easy. It'd be tough because I'd have attachments to people and things that were not going to be part of my life. Easy because I'd understand that, as a clone, I should live my own life. I'd be capable of that.

Without memories? I don't know. I'd be a different person. It might be tough. I hope, eventually, that I would decide memories aren't really that important. That it doesn't matter where I came from. I can, again, just live my own life.

Memories or not, in some kind of lab setting as an experiment? Well, that shit is unethical. I'm not a goddamn rat. I hope I break out and burn the place down in the process. It'd be what they deserve. Assholes.

I'm the type of person that facepalms when the clones in novels, anime, tv, etc struggle with not understanding how they're supposed to live. Not understanding what their "purpose" is. I mean, it's so friggin' obvious that, regardless of your birth, you're your own person. Just live your own life and fuck the rest. ... That's usually the "revelation" they come to at the end, too. So... Yeah.

8. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    is it considered self-cest if you fall in love with your gender-bent clone?

9. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm wait even if you are a clone, you coudn't even say that it's you, unless your clone is like those blue Avatars in the movie piloted by human, then that is you,

10. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope.

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm? Aren't we all clones made for the sole purpose of being human slaves of cats?

EnerHighwave and kenar like this.
  12. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    reminds me of a video talking about what counts as a reality to people.

if people are going to grow up in an underground cave(prison) for their whole life with nothing but fire on top of them (not exactly on top of them) which will cast shadows of people walking through the cave and be projected at the wall in front of them, will they consider what they see as their reality because that's what they see in their whole life?

What if what we experience right now is just a part of simulation performed by a higher order beings just like the plot in star ocean 3 game?

Thanks for listening to my TEDtalk. Leave a like and a comment. Don't forget to subscribe and click that bell. Have a nice day! :blobsalute:

13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's with the random Star Ocean 3 spoiler?

That game has only been out for 16 years. Some people here might not have played it yet!

Anyway, who cares if it's a simulation!? Stop worrying about that crap and enjoy it! :blob_catflip:

mir and kenar like this.
  14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already have clones... they just don't exist in the same timeline or universe for that matter. :blobsmirk: I bet I'm getting cuckolded right now by my successful lived clone in another Earth, but at the same time, my other gender clone is getting stolen by some person in another different Earth. :blobastonished:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  15. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the memories, If I don't know what sweet is I wouldn't want to eat sweets.

16. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like Gundam seed/Gundam seed destiny, I prefer Gundam wing/Gundam endless waltz, so I won't talk about the clone and/or enhanced human from that perspective.
    If I had a clone or I am a clone, I will probably end up like 'Ben Reilly' from Spiderman or I might search for a way to clone more of myself and go around showing people my shadow clone Jutsu :blobhyperthink:

EnerHighwave likes this.
  17. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The original and I would enjoy Weird So twice as much:

18. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd have no problem being a clone. We are all basically slightly altered clones. That's what reproduction is. I'd be bothered by any difference in rights, but my mentality right now has me assume I could care less if there was someone who had rolled the exact same day 1 specs.

mir likes this.
  19. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    There is actually a hentay with this premise but instead of clone is the you in a parallel word. But I must say, same sex or not if I'm a clone or I have a clone I'm sure we both will like to play together multiplayer games and possibly made more clones if the game required so. Also maybe do something like in akumetsu without the terrorism and just following the perfect person original plan. My life would be so much easier if each clone masters only one thing and then all the knowledge is reunited in the next generation of clones ...

kenar likes this.
  20. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s Plato cave.

People “understanding” and “ideas” of reality is based on the information they obtain subjectively and objectively. Therefore, if four people were raised seeing shadows on the cave their entire life that would be their reality. Let’s say one of that four somehow stood up and walked out. He saw many things and did many things. He came back with a different perspective, but his mates won’t listen to him. Instead, everyone continue to stare at the shadows on the wall. He looked around the cave like he did on the outside and saw that the shadows were made from people walking, dancing, and so on, on this high bridge toward the ceiling. But no one would believe him or bother to look up.

I don’t know if life is a stimulation, but events in the world is definitely control by people who have money.

kenar likes this.