Discussion How to deal hurricanes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adastria Lillith, Aug 26, 2019.

?

How would you deal the hurricane

1. More sacrifice for cthulhu

45.5%
  2. Ask magic conch

9.1%
  3. Let them come, i am ready!

22.7%
  4. Nuke 'em!!!!

22.7%
  1. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Plausible

2. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    How about throwing a nokia 1110 on the hurricane? I'm sure the nokia will be unstoppable. :blobhero:

3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    yes,a nuclear explosion would cause a shockwave that could dissipate the current huricane

now the shockwave would also cause massive waves that would possibliy cause devastation along the coast
    the combination of superheated gas and the secondary implosion could potentially cause the new formation of a hurricane or boost the current one in case it fails
    the launch of a nuclear missile could be intrepeted as an act of war, to which the remaning nuclear powers could retaliate just cause
    and just nuclear radiation

as seen above it is the perfect plan from someone that understand how nukes work and does not have small hands

4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in a place where the closest we have to natural disaster is haze and water-level-up-to-ankle floods

5. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this is so far out there, if you actually believe this...
    Just more FAKE NEWS.

6. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't sound so bad.. may be we will have nice winter after Trump finished nuking every hurricane.

Godzilla would be pleased. Just maybe, It will finally have a chance to fight cthulhu for dominance over the seas..

Tell it to Trump and some 'Muricans. To quote the news, “And it’s probably why, every year for the past six decades, government agencies have received missives from concerned citizens, urging preemptive attacks against hurricanes using nuclear weapons.”

The 'Muricans way....

reagents 11 likes this.
  7. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Geoforming.... Don't quote me on this but as @Feng Tian mentioned the key would be to reduce/eliminate factors that contribute to their growth, stopping them as tropical storms before they grow up. Or as they say killing them before their potential can bloom.

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason hurricanes appear is due to the temperature difference in nearby regions. So if you can normalize the temperature in all regions affected, the hurricanes would disappear. So it's not like dropping a nuke will disperse the hurricane, dropping the nuke will equalize the temperature inside and around the hurricane.

Can it work? It's possible, but nobody has really done the calculations yet, because well, owning a nuke is illegal in most countries. And not to mention that no nukes are the same.

The bigger problems are the destruction of the hurricanes itself. Hurricanes are both an indicator and a regulator of climate. Without hurricanes, much of the world will suffer draughts. Hurricane as part of the monsoon is the single largest desalinator the world have ever seen and as hurricanes reach land, it deposits the water it's been sucking up from the sea as rainwater and waters as far inland as it can. The hurricane itself also cleans the air better than anything we can build.

Then again, there's also the radioactive fallout from the nukes itself. Even though today's nukes are using fusion technology, they use fission to achieve fusion. So there is still a lot of radioactive particles being emitted. If you nuke the hurricane with it, you make the entire hurricane radioactive, and a radioactive hurricane (and rain) is way worse than a hurricane, even if it disperses shortly after. Because the sea and the land where the hurricane travels on is now made radioactive.

Trump may sound stupid when he said it, but he was not the only one, and Ai-chan bets he honestly didn't know of the implication and was simply asking if it was possible. He wasn't making a directive of, "We have to nuke hurricanes". He was never a scientist, he was a businessman, so he had to ask someone who do know whether it's feasible. This article makes it as if he gave a directive to nuke, which he never did.

It's the same question both Bush once asked, "Can we bomb Iraq?" and after a researching, his advisors said, "We have no justification", but then, Bush give the directive of, "Make one." In Trump's case, you can't just make a justification to declare war on hurricanes. This is so far up the science department that human pettiness doesn't even compare.

Hurricane-chan is good. It's not her fault that Americans aren't prepared to welcome her. Hurricane-chan is the gift that keeps gifting this world with goodness.

[​IMG]

https://www.national-hurricane-center.org/storm-science/world-end-without-hurricanes

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  9. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's fake news or not. White House didn't say a thing, Trump tweeted it as fake, the Axios said there's a proof. Who knows... All the black project, secret kept hidden, and lies by the government and news alike it doesn't surprise me anymore, and i don't care. I'm not from USA and i can bet, even US citizens can't even proof wether this is fake or not. All i was asking wether it was possible or not. If yes, why? If not, why?

10. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The strongest nukes we can make are a drop in the bucket compared to a hurricane, even if you ignore the fallout it would take dozens, if not hundreds, of bombs to really do anything. The billions of dollars you'd spend on the nukes would be many times higher than the cost of any damage the hurricane causes. And obviously, the collateral damage from the radiation would be worse than the hurricane. If you nuked tropical storms instead, before they become hurricanes, it would be even worse because there are tons of tropical storms that never become hurricanes, you'd need even more nukes to hit all of them.
    https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

11. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember. Caligula once rally his soldiers to the shores then ordering them to stab their spears into the waves in an attempt to challenge Poseidon.

But technically it's possible by altering the atmospheric temperature.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    to your first question: Yes but also slightly no. Yes, hurricanes are basically super strong spinning storms. They form from storms then turn back into storms as they die. They do have a slight relation to tornadoes, kinda like cousins, as both are related to storms and wind but also spin.

2nd question: Actually, it would be easier with a hurricane/etc. Hurricanes have a very clearly defined eye so you could hit with some degree of certainty. Regular storms dont really have an eye, per se, so it would be near on impossible to hit the "eye" of a regular storm.

13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    They can't the only real solution they make geoforming works is if they interfere with the sunlight and freezes the world.

14. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thanks. I think we never really had a hurricane or its somewhat far away from the city I reside in.
    So its kinda possible... but still nuking it sounds very very wrong.

Well im not in US so Trump wont matter.

15. Bugis-san

Bugis-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuclear weapons are not the most proficient weapon at displacing air.
    If it is possible to use an explosive to stop a hurricane, then it wouldn't be Nuclear to begin with.
    But this old idea, tested with other bombs types back in the day, probably just to collect data, is known not to work.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/stop-hurricane-nuking-134559194.html

Adastria Lillith likes this.
  17. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    It is possible but will require incredibly strong bomb. Or we need to bomb it to the kingdom come:blobparty:

18. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    Can my dream of surfing through the storms come true?

19. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

You can't.......yet

20. Gekkoureader

Gekkoureader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Become the hurricane!:blobcat_hyper:

Jk, I'd just push my luck, and lay back, chilling on my rocking chair hoping that the hurricane wouldn't kill me.:blobcozy:

Or do the more rational thing, and get out of its way.:blobdog: