Spoiler (Bl) The Emperor is Expecting!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Jul 15, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-emperor-is-expecting/#

Description
    Born in the royal family, Yan Shi has too many things that he is helpless toward.

Doesn’t matter whether he is willing or not, he has already been dragged into the battle for the throne.

But above him there’s a father who detests and rejects him, and below him there are brothers watching him like a tiger watches its prey.

Yan Shi’s every step is filled with uncertainty, afraid that with one wrong move, he would lose everything.

But just as he was about to rein in the net, his stomach actually got bigger!

Help: We’re in the midst of fighting for the throne, what should I do with my big stomach? How do I ensure no one discovers it?

Still ongoing

@scriptor @WagKalimutan @Karry

Whos the ml
    Ml and mc background
    Villain fate
    Love rivals
    How did mc get preg

2. soup-chan

soup-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems interesting

3. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting, but its also ongoing.

4. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    So i did try to read this. Its very confusing. I gave up on mtl. Ill just wait for the translation.

Seems like some ppl are disappearing. A carpenter was eating with his family than *puff* he vanished.

Mc is a court official(i forgot his title) so he got some info. Mc is very beautiful, first born of the emperor, but not respected.

There was a scandal with the empress. I think she had him kidnapped or something. It was never investigated because she commited suicide. Her family was busy defending against outside attack so the emperor left the issues alone. He later had a new empress.

Tomorrow is the mc's wedding. His wife is a man and a first born as well. Its a mystery why they are gonna marry. The wife's dad was the one who pushed the idea. Mc wonders if the wifes dad is gonna use the wife to push an agenda. Mc will be ready.

Mc doesnt seem like coward the summary says he is. The eunuchs who disrespect mc, mc doesn't seem to care. Its not even stated why mc agreed to the wedding.

5. Mew-Lidia9

Mew-Lidia9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have more spoilers please?

6. sleepy_chelsy

sleepy_chelsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this going to be a harem story? I know that the tags say “Imperial Harem” but that doesn’t necessarily mean that MC is going to have multiple lovers...I mean MC is an emperor after all I wouldn’t be surprised if he was forced to have multiple concubines

7. Heungbo

Heungbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having concubines while pregnant seems a bit weird, nah?

8. sleepy_chelsy

Reading List:
    Link
    ?
    Not sure what you’re going for but from the summary you can assume that nobody knows that he’s pregnant and even if they know it wouldn’t be that weird coz
    1. concubines are mostly used as a medium to strengthen (or even weaken -> I read one one novel where this happened) a bond between countries/families/etc. anyway, so the fact that he’s pregnant wouldn’t hinder their usefulness in any way
    2. MC might not have a say in this bc it’s usually the court who is pushing the emperors to have them
    3. Even if he’s pregnant it doesn’t necessarily mean that he can’t have children with these concubines...like it’s not like he will be preggo all the time unless ML is making sure of it ಠ_ಠ
    Or 4. Since they know that he can give birth...what if he’s forced to have male concubines instead
    Tbh the most weird thing is probably that a man is able to give birth while an emperor having concubines isn’t that surprising

Lucy scarlet and athenavi_ like this.
  9. Heungbo

Heungbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was more responding about the question relating to if this story was going to be a harem story (like, about the fact that he was could get real close with his concubines) but I really don't know how to express myself sorry :( I should have put 'going to' instead of 'having' orz... I just don't think there'll be time for him to establish a whole harem/get close to his potential concubine(s) while trying to hide the fact that he's pregnant and with all the court struggles

I'm also not denying the first two points since from the first chapter we can see that MC is suspicious about everyone, especially about his male wife who was sent by an opponent (MC obviously did not have a say in this). As for the third point, I hope that by the time he'll give birth, the ML and the MC will be in a relationship :blobsmilehappyeyes: and those potential concubines will stay in the background :blobReach:

10. sleepy_chelsy

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah no worries ^^ you don’t have to feel bad for anything or apologize.. it’s not like you offended me or smth
    But yeah you’re probably right about the harem thing

Heungbo likes this.
  11. TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove

TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a raw link where it has all the chapters??

G_Alejandro_L likes this.
  12. Piqa

Piqa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i am not mistaken then this novel should be still ongoing

13. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Ghost_of_a_Witch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's completed now, or almost complete. Only saw fanwais being updated on jjwxc.

14. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722 @2Bon2B

16. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    is this going to have your usual imperial drama, where they all fight for emperor favor????
    i'm not into mpreg, especially the harem part make me more reluctant to read this orz

17. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Ghost_of_a_Witch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read the translated chapters from the novel's beginning, so I can't say for sure, but the imperial harem tag makes me think that the mc should deal with the intrigue inside the current harem, since he wants to compete with his favored brother to become the next emperor, instead of his own.

And the ml was already hinted to be quite the scheming black-belly, that usually turns posessive, so I doubt he would put up with a harem trying to sink their claws into his husband (or their machinations), unless he already had holes prepared for them.

Those are just speculations though, so gonna camp until a kind soul takes pity on us and spoils ~

Dragon_Reader, susanty.smile and mmem like this.
  18. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O i thought there wpuld be more spoilers... Lol. Guess ill camp too. :aww:

G_Alejandro_L, ferrelrose and mmem like this.
  19. ferrelrose

ferrelrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I'm also waiting patiently:sushi_peak:

20. Mookyulie

Mookyulie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link