Recommendations Dark, Intelligent, Darkness related powers.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ctho, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone!

I am looking for a novel with a Male Protagonist. I want the story to be dark, and for the MC to be intellgent with some type of darkness related power wheter it be nightmares shadows or other sorts. It would also be cool if he loses emotions one way or the other. No harem or romance would be amazing.

Please don't recommend any with the protag being a suck up, wuss, spineless, weak coward that is willing to be pushed around.

Thanks! have a great day :)

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Capsize and Ctho like this.
  3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock of the Magus World - MC s coldblooded and has an affinity for darkness. Ignore the harem because the author doesn't care/focus on it.
    City of Sin - MC gets ambushed by nightmare creatures every now and then because he is like a beacon that attracts these monsters. There is a harem tho so you might not like it

Bloodysin28, Astaroth and Ctho like this.
  4. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paradise of Demonic Gods looks interesting, I;ll check it out thanks!

I've read both of those, thanks!

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about Instant Death?

The MC and his whole class get isekaid and given the chance to work hard and become top servants or fail and become slaves, the MC already had the power to kill ANYTHING when he was on earth and is still OP on the new world

Because of his power the MC has a strict killing code that absolutely accepts killing those who are a danger to him, but he is also very apathetic towards life in general

The MC hangs around a pretty girl but she is more like the straight man to his "life is a fleeting thing and thus im not bothered but i still have principles" attitude

How about Overlord?

The MC also has killing powers and mostly hangs around the world looking for anything that can threaten his people to take countermeasures, but most of the time he is like a doting father to his army of monsters and wants to take over the world just not to disappoint them

Also, he can appreciate the people of the new world or be enraged by them but his emotions are suppressed by his new undead body and the strongest emotions are those he attaches to his monster people

Both are kind of lighthearted takes on the mass murdering MCs, like edgyness from a not edgy perspective, but still pretty cool

LordCorwin likes this.
  6. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about:

Only I level up

Not too far in the protagonist becomes a Shadowmaster (I think that was the name of the class) where he's basically a Necromancer that uses Shadow soldiers created from dead enemies.

Gin_Hindew and Astaroth like this.
  7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Abyss Domination

MC's main class is thief, and his advanced/prestige class is "Shadow Dancer". Basically thieves that can do stuff with shadows, like being extra stealthy and teleporting from one shadow to another. Probably some shadow clone stuff etc. as well though tbh it's been a few years since I read it.

Minor spoiler MC also got demonic power, "slaughter" power, and his secondary class is wizard. It's mostly just an auxiliary class for surpise attacks and buffs iirc. (He's all about dem dual kukris and lopping heads off)

Technically there's harem, but it's fairly platonic and they don't spend much time together. The one MC cares the most about is his little sister (who he also doesn't spend much time with cause MC is always alone killings peeps somewhere to get stronger)...

Only issue I can see is that "has no emotion" aspect. MC is fairly intelligent, especially when compared with the average novel...

Anyway, another novel I would definitely recommend is Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu. The only question is how big a deal "darkness related power" is to you, since afaik he doesn't have any. (Fang Yuan, the MC, does have some blood and zombie related powers though.)

8. mlongue

mlongue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/20221/stygian-mage
    This one is Stygian mage in Royal road. Autor isn't posting anything for a month because of problems but there has been a post that he will continue to write.
    As in the tittle MC is a mage with darkness attribute and the more he became attuned with the element less kind he feels. There are some sex scene, just one, but it was more to relieve stress from MC. I enjoyed the reading.

9. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trafford Trading Club

10. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sovereign of Judgement. The MC has brains, but mind that he has different goals than the usual mc. Some of his move might be considered stupid by others, but it was because the 'goal' they have in mind was different.

Ofc, Solo Leveling

11. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to add King of the Battlefield. MC is a brainwashed strongest assasin that went back in time. He knows necromancy and also has Lucifer's power that he stole.
    Death Mage - cuz why the fuck not. It is definitely not what you're looking for but is still a good read anyway

12. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for the suggestions! More would be appreciated.

13. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping this!

14. blacklostus

blacklostus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. silentKitten

silentKitten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Against the Gods.

It has darkness powers, though not the main focus untill the later end.