Recommendations Cultivation novel with actual OP or genius MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by uniques, Aug 28, 2019.

1. uniques

uniques Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for a cultivation novel that has a MC that succeeds almost all of the time and always comes first in tournaments and is in generally really OP. I realise that just this describes almost all cultivation novels but just to clarify I have read 110 chapters of ISSTH and honestly I really had to force myself to read them because it felt like most of the novel was the MC just running away from strong people and when I checked the wiki it seems the MC takes 650 chapters just to reach the cultivation of the head of the first sect and I honestly lost all motivation to read it.

An example of cultivation novels I have read and loved are:
    Library of Heaven’s Path - A really OP MC and the story is very interesting in the second half.
    Against the Gods - MC always wins and is fairly OP considering his powers are the best and unique in the whole realm.
    The Desolate Era
    Swallowed Star - both DE and SS have the IET genius MC which I enjoy because he progresses fast through the first realm and has lots of OP tools and abilities by the time he gets to the higher realm. Honestly though I don't really want to read another IET novel just because just from these two I can see lots of similar plot devices and cliches so it feels a bit like reading a reskinned novel after a while.
    Emperor’s Domination - Really OP and awesome world although I don't really like how the MC acts so immature sometimes just so they can get some face slapping in (although I usually like face slapping).
    The Strongest System - Broken OP and the story was interesting enough after a while to keep me reading.
    Tales of Demons and Gods - MC is pretty strong and the story progresses fast and I would honestly really enjoy it if it was 1000 chapters.

An example of novels I've tried but not liked:
    Ultimate Scheming System - I have yet to get into so far but may push on with it if anyone thinks it gets better.
    Sovereign of the Three Realms - I read 60 chapters but dropped it after it felt like he has barely progressed, the MC acts big but doesnt really increase his strength particular fast.
    ISSTH - I mentioned above.

Thanks for the advice :)

edit: the spoiler tags werent working so I put the 650 ISSTH chapter thing outside of it.
    Also I have read warlock of magus world I didnt include it because I wasnt sure if it was considered cultivation but tbh I read it all but didnt like it that much probably the least out of the novels I have mentioned.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welll, SoTR does get better and the MC does get OP as u described it in the later chaps , just hang on until he gets to the Veluriam City / something after that the real show begins
    Other than that I guess Warlock of the Magus World and Reverend Insanity r good

3. goldmark25

goldmark25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would maybe stick with ISSTH a little longer because in the start it is more about the MC being in this world with everyone being stronger since he is a low ranked person but he builds up to being OP. Slower start but honestly is probably the best written on this list.

4. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Do be warned about Warlock of the Magus World though. MC is a "genius" when it comes to planning but not in terms of cultivation, at least in the first hundred chapters or so. You may not have the patience to stick around until the MC starts to actually progress as a Magus

5. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually that's a problem present in almost all cultivation novels if there isn't a fast power gain or fast cultivation or power gain overnight type of tags . It's important to note that Because these novels have a Lot of chaps, the progress remains slow most of the time

6. uniques

uniques Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I edited my original post but I have read warlock of magus world and while I liked it just enough to finish it I didn't enjoy as much as any of the other novels I mentioned (I also wasn't sure if its considered cultivation). Based on what you said I might give SoTR another try although I have heard that its always fairly slow paced.
    I also started History’s Strongest Senior Brother to see if I liked the pace/MC of that novel.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    My Master Disconnected Again

8. Mangoguns

Mangoguns New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Main Character Hides His Strength: He's really strong and sneaks into the trainee camp so that he can get a mage class and defeat the demon king. He then also deals with 2 more calamities and defeats a lesser god. As a mortal.

9. Zi Yue Hua

Zi Yue Hua Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. k1llsh0t_87

k1llsh0t_87 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of Gods fits that cause basically mc gets the power of basically the strongest person to ever exist so he basically just destroys everyone he runs into except for 1 fight that ended in mutual destruction