Discussion What if moments

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by haweii, Aug 29, 2019.

1. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have moments where you wonder 'if that event was different/didn' t happen/happened in that way, what kind of person would I be?'

Imagine that there is a magic mirror which shows you one, and only one, possible future. What would it be? Or do you prefer to not know, since the past is the past?

mir and Yukari_me like this.
  2. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    That magic mirror would break as every option I see would change into a different option that would be taken which would then be preemptively acted upon in said mirror destroying the future.

Yukari_me likes this.
  3. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd prefer not to know. The person I am, the place I am at, is something I'm pretty content with. All the major events of my past are things I have learned from. Change one, and I might have ended up being a person I couldn't stand to be.

4. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice one, not knowing allows for excitement in life~ Though, sometimes I think in my dreams that I preemptively act out my day then forget. It's just a feeling and I have no evidence so, it's probably just deja vu getting to my head.

Kiskaiya likes this.
  5. haweii

Reading List:
    Link
    EXPLOSION!!!!

Megumin would be happy.

Arbelbyss likes this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So... like mirai nikki but with a mirror that shows one possible future outcome :hmm:
    I think I prefer an ability to go back in time as much as I want

KizunaAi likes this.
  7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    once it's start, it's will never end......there will always be an if somewhere.....:blob_coffee:

8. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i never found the internet or got into japanese culture

9. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    That one is cool, though I think you'd be overwhelmed by such an ability that consists of going back in time. It would also make it so you'd casually avoid death, going back in time to become young again when you reached the end of your lifespan. Because it sounds like mentally sending yourself back into your younger body.

Yukari_me likes this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I phrased that wrongly :blobsweat_2:
    I want to reverse the time flow of mine or the world, like time travel I suppose but I have complete control of when and what to change :hmm:

11. haweii

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case, I am wondering if I never went back to my parents and stayed with my relatives in china.
    I would probably be more extroverted, bubbly and Asian (I grew up in Europe) but much more naive? :hmm:
    Would I like that version of myself, since I wanted to strangle quite a few naive people I know? :blob_catflip:

... But why do I still see that me also as a nerd and fujoshi... Oh well:love:

12. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wonder if that someone hadn't saved me from drowning so long ago, I might have reincarnated into a magical world full of lolis and have made a harem by now.

Bad Storm and GDLiZy like this.
  13. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, so basically becoming an acausal being with time manipulation?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  14. haweii

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you would be reborn into a loli and are always running away from old creeps :blobpopcorn_cool:

mangoberry likes this.
  15. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    I've probably had it worse, when I was 4, I was being choked out by a kid in the inside playground of McDonald's near a closed off portion of a slide. Makes me wonder what would happen if he successfully you know.... (Funny how I can remember this but I don't want to remember all the training I did after because of this).

Yukari_me likes this.
  16. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to confirm you mean possible 'present' (not future) if a single past event was changed right?

If so:

If I was absolutely certain that no other magical things like the mirror exist, I'd be interested in seeing what would have happened if I choose a different high school, so I'd never have met the friend who introduced me to manga websites (in which I then, delved into visual novel sites, and light/web novels sites like this one). I would also have probably took different courses and had fewer (and different) friends.

note: this is all just to satisfy my curiosity about fate/casualty, I'm satisfied with my life now.

If I think there is even a slightest possibility that other magical objects exist, I'd be interested in seeing what would have happened if I decided to follow my more childish whim of collecting everything and reading more magical looking books; maybe I could have become a magician, found some secret to longevity/immortality, or traveled to another world by now?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Yukari_me likes this.
  17. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one possible future it would show me would be me living a mediocre life for a while, doing some drug abuse, dreaming a lot, breaking away from it all to do things I enjoy, possibly marrying after a couple relationships and then raising children, my own or adopted, to become what I wished I had become.

This isn't what I plan, but one possible future.
    In reality I plan on taking over the world and burning it down, as every diabolical person should aspire to.

As for the life I could have led and the person I could have become, there are so many possibilities that I am too lazy to decide on which one to write apart from the standard amazing businessman with billions to spare and only free time.

Everyone has at some point thought about this, but the questions could seriously use a make-over. If a mirror shows the future, it has nothing to do with the past...

18. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think everyone has moments where they think their life would be different if only they had . . . I think knowing has the possibility of causing even more regret than just wondering, but then it also has the possibility of causing a "thank God I dodged that bullet" outcome, so I guess it depends on how good your current life is and if that knowing would improve or wreck what you currently have. I would like to say live for the here and know but that is a lot easier said than done.

mir and haweii like this.
  19. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing I really had control over. I would like to see if I moved to Japan instead of having moved to the states. Probably dead by suicide but who knows.

20. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if I'll even change at all. I've always been going at life at my own pace...