Discussion Complains about worst ML who are romanticised

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by weirdreader, Aug 29, 2019.

1. hawlol

hawlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a problem with female literature in general. 50 Shades of Grey is a best selling book, just remember that...
    I honestly don't understand why they like it, but in the end if there's a market these abusive MLs won't go anywhere. I Don't think it's a problem with the authors but with the ppl that want to read about it.

2. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to be open minded about judging, but I have my limits such as the author “intending” the MC to be the hero and nice guy but is just a complete d-bag. I can appreciate an evil and such MC, but only if that is intended. Don’t package your MC as good when he isn’t (morally ambiguous or just outright evil, just say it as it is)

Si Kucing and Anra7777 like this.
  3. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although not in a novel, and not ML, i would like to nominate Fuwa Shou from Skip Beat as one of the worst...... well potential male interest ever that was later romanticed in later chapters and turned from antagonist to pontential love interest......

The as*hole dragged the mc from home, used her as some sort of maid and financially support him before he got famous, and once he got fame and wealth he disposed her like @#$%%@#₩$$#!!!!! MC later set revenge on him but not through violence but by outshining him in entertainment industry which is very interesting plot with clear antagonist and objective...... it all went cr*p when author started to somehow romanticed him and using plot like family matter, his inner struggle in industry or w/e to "convince" reader to give him a chance with the mc..... i dunno about japanese reaction to that development, but judging from how it still ongoing i think it recieved a degree of approval from fans in japan which make me think: WTF!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Anra7777 likes this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Even strong people can get worn down. If you face abuse once or twice in your life, you’ll probably be fine? But to have to face it day after day, month after month, year after year... please don’t go looking for someone who will abuse you. Please get out of that relationship if you ever find yourself in one.

Lunaix likes this.
  5. weirdreader

weirdreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped before, because I was starting to feel depressed.

Lunaix likes this.
  6. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t worry! I’ve promised myself to forever be single and virgin!

That way I’ll gain mystical powers...

7. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But hey! There’s a HE! Why not read it again?

8. weirdreader

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, (So far agreeing with everyone) but for some reason the message for those books are endure, endure some more and then happiness. Or, the MC completely changes and the ML are somehow shown that they like the MC from the beginning when they completely neglect her, but in reality they likes the new self more as they can show the MC as some kind of trophies or something. Sometimes I feel like the romance tags is more of a show then a story with love.

Anra7777 likes this.
  9. weirdreader

Reading List:
    Link
    She keeps going through the same painful experience again and again, for some reason I start to imagine some random scenarios that makes me cry.
    Maybe I'm just weak hearted:blobconfounded:

Lunaix and Anra7777 like this.
  10. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Some people just can’t stand things like that, so I suppose I understand.:blobokhand:

11. weirdreader

Reading List:
    Link
    Truthfully, I have a wild imagination and start imagining staff that never happen which is weird af

Lunaix likes this.
  12. Yamatohime

Yamatohime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most annoying is that there is no real character development in such stories.

13. weirdreader

Reading List:
    Link
    I know there was one book where the couple separated and the abusive didn't change at all, plus when they got together whenever the ML wanted something he would resort to r*ape.

14. Si Kucing

Reading List:
    Link
    As should be....... my friends asked me wtf is wrong with me cuz i started screaming or banging the table whenever i read it......

my heart endured somewhat until it reached the cockusion (no misstype here, it's a cockusion imo) of that messed up world (story didn't end there for our mc tho) .... but my small portable study table didn't

Lunaix likes this.
  15. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! I... have never had a reaction that bad to it! All I did was cry a bit and that was all! Some of the crying sessions were longer that the rest by a few minutes, but that was it!

16. Si Kucing

Reading List:
    Link
    All i can say is there are various kind of people in the world....... this thread is small example of it.......

Lunaix likes this.