Picked Up Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara o Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou!

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by terror100, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Would you want this to be translated?

1. Yes

2. Don't know don't really know about the story

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sumantri_eko

sumantri_eko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    I've already read the manga and it seems good. So I vote this.

2. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese mtl is harder to read than Chinese or Korean mtl, so it'd be great if this could get picked up by a good translation group.

3. Ratedhook522

Ratedhook522 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read volume 2 of light novel and honestly I really like it but can somebody spoil does he later see his brother and father ever again? I’m pissed how they treated him like shit so I honestly want to see him and his brother go at it.

Mino Micha and Moonlightwolf like this.
  4. Moonlightwolf

Moonlightwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, 3rd chapter of the manga is out. Can someone who has read the LN tell me what promise was supposed to be kept by the Roundhart family?

5. bloodemon666

bloodemon666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unless it's the magic power itself that's poisonous

6. Foolish_Fox

Foolish_Fox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There a 107 who want it to be translated
    A little more or wait to someone pick it up

7. minkywinky

minkywinky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiled Alert from novel
    I'm not good at Eng but i can answer. Sorry for grammar mistake.
    Coz he is not 100% human. He's born by magic or whatever ritual of his mother's and sleeping father. And his true half race from mother's ancestor has special skill to adsorb magic, but high magic stone is poisonous to everyone in this world + decompositon ex skill = @#$%&*%@ then when he licked that duraharl....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Meri likes this.
  8. kuppy123

kuppy123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it was said in the manga that pure magic power, in higher concentrations is toxic to humans. So can he remove a magic stone's toxicity without eating it? Yes, he absolutely can. However, once he does that, the magic stone is just a clear rock since the "poison," the raw concentrated magical power which is harmful to humans, has already been removed by MC. A real life example would be if the MC had the power to absorb radiation and turn any radioactive material into inert lead upon contact with it.

9. boontang

boontang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found this vote when manga ch3 out

10. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ! Ch3 is so interesting !

11. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Reading raws/MTL*
    I want to cringe because before there was a reunion with the family of the mother, MC was really stupid and didn't think his power up was because of the stone. SURE ! I BECAME ULTRA OP FOR NO REASON ONE DAY !
    I want to give him a punch. Also even more cringy that he didn't speak about eating the magic stone to anyone before + that he thought it was normal to eat magic stone despite hearing it was poisonous or something.

But again everything is done by author so we get a serious revelation moment with the royalty explaining that it's OP.

Edit: Also big question. What is the point of MC becoming OP if his country only wants peace ? Sigh...

Edit: Also now i think about it. The noble and guards didn't bother to check MC's status after he cut the armor. Really dumb.

Edit: Annoying. MTL quality. Basically the numbers X -> Y are for some reason reversed and we see decrease of numbers despite him growing stronger.
    Also i wonder if it's correct numbers because 1000 -> 1200 and they are shocked for some reason. Sure normally it's a lot of increase but when you think there was already 1000, that is not a lot. So maybe another error of translation again.

AH ! I understood what happened. It's not a normal => it's just a /
    The second number is the Status up number !
    Basically MC got an increase of 1000 hp etc.

Edit: For some weird reason in WN, MC absorb the magic power of magic stone and feel a taste but what about the glass ball that remains ??????? Did the manga change it ? (detoxify touching it and eat the ball)

Edit: Also blablabla ritual blabla. Basically MC is the perfect male form of the princess/mother. So i wonder if it will be incest. She says she will appreciate looking at MC growing up but there are no mention if she will marry him or that she loves him as a love interest (shotacon). I hate author for not explaining it clearly.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  12. I1209

I1209 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read the light novel??? I can’t find it anywhere ( only the first 3 chapters)

lazynoodles likes this.
  13. Ratedhook522

Ratedhook522 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought it online and translated it through google translate. Honestly the story started off slow with how his fathers side of the family neglected him but everything changes for him in a positive light when he leaves to live in his mothers home country with people who actually treat him with love and respect. You could say this was also the start of his fathers family's downfall after the mc leaves but it's pretty funny after hearing how his grandson and daughter were neglected the king threatened war against the roundheart family but after cooling off decided to just cut diplomatic ties between the 2 countries. In retrospect the Heim kingdom is a lost cause, even the children of nobles act disrespectful because they all believe their kingdom is powerful and won't lose in a war but by the end of the war arc the Heim kingdom is reduced to not even a tenth of it's former power.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Chibi21, SFcipher and Meri like this.
  14. Foolish_Fox

Foolish_Fox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Proud Noble get thier ass kicked
    But man dont spoil it even if it predictable

15. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Use Spoilers to post this kind of content guys.

16. Hyrkan_m

Hyrkan_m Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the manga, It looked interesting, so i'm looking forward to read the novel

17. nfall

nfall New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, they will meet... and they will get rekt :3

18. Moonlightwolf

Moonlightwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Details please!

19. JPeach

JPeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    I binged reading the raws about a month ago and stopped at Volume 14 in the WN. Or chapter 220+
    Its a worthwhile read with ups and downs. Not going to spoil the major details.
    But there is a sub-plot in this story, that will tie back into the main plot.

I enjoyed it until certain characters in the later volumes annoyed me. I put it down, as I didn't feel like reading the rest of the WN Volume 15-27 (Still ongoing 404+ chapters). Maybe I'll get back into it after i finish, my own projects.

I do hope this series continues to be translated by Kari. Pacing is moderate, its slow at times and abrupt at other times. Comparing this to the Manga, I'd say Chapters 1-4 are equivalent to the first three volumes. Just that some details here and there are glossed over.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019