LCD Moto Sekai Ichi’i no Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Kari_translations

Kari_translations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont see a problem with the story at all with this. You might think that 1 in a million chance isnt much and many people would get the pet.
    But you also need to consider this is more like a boss fight, where a min-maxed player would take 15 minutes to attempt 1 tame.
    Then, considering the player sleeps 8 hours a day and waste no time eating, going to the bathroom, or anything else, just attempting to tame the pet, then in the worst case where only until attempt 1 million it succeeds, that would mean that person has spent 15,625 days trying to tame a wolf that he didnt even know it was possible in the first place.
    And that 15 mins is the least time taken, after learning all the attack patterns and skills, and devising the best strategy.

This means at the very least, an unlucky player with the knowledge of how to do it (which didnt exist there since secrets were very coveted) would take a little less than 43 years to accomplish this.

BTW, this is further explained in a couple chapters, I just wanted to point it out. And I dont consider it spoilers since I only said the fastest time it took back in Mobius.

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Kari_translations

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, and now that I think about it, respawn timers arent taken into the equation in that calculation. As well as learning attempts.

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. Kari_translations

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, the point in most novels is, they come from a world based on earth, not the earth people knows.
    Like with Sword Art Online, IF theres a game like SAO being made, then the logical conclusion many people would reach was that there would be many other similar games. But the truth is, for that "universe" the game of SAO is the only one of its kind. Why? Who knows, but that's the basis of the story.
    Same here, there may or may not be games similar to Mobius, but until stated otherwise, Mobius was one of a kind, and extremely popular to the point where people wouldnt reveal the knowledge they learned in there.
    And thus, people need to think about it with that in mind and leave their preconceptions about games behind while reading it, or at least if they want to enjoy the story.

Astaroth and userunfriendly like this.
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Possibly the world that the MC comes from has the author Reki Kawahara, who wrote Sword Art Online, so people got paranoid about somehow getting locked into a game? So Mobius didn’t have any competition because people wanted to wait and see if the technology was safe?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope that author doesn’t use an asinine plot device like the game accelerates time...:p

The problem with accelerating time is that according to neuroscience, it overheats the brain, killing the user..which is bad.:p

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not really relevant though, since after Second did it it would be proof that it's possible to do it.

Of course, simply knowing that it's possible doesn't mean that they'll know HOW to do it the way Second does. But it would inevitably be figured out by someone else as well. And even if it somehow wasn't figured out, let's not forget that Second's strategy isn't necessary to beat the Darkness Wolf. It's just a strategy that makes it faster and/or easier/safer.

Now since we still haven't seen the actual strategy and the boss fight itself yet, I could be wrong, but I don't see how it would be possible for Second to beat this boss as Second (which he will obviously do) without the other top players in Mobious who would have been much higher level, better geared, have better items, etc. etc. (and obviously they could also team up, so unless it's better to solo they'd have an even bigger advantage).

In short, if Second can beat the boss with his current strength then the other players in Mobious should be able to do it as well.
    I'll admit I underestimated/downplayed the time required & amount of people capable of even trying to beat the boss. Even a one in a million chance will still have a few people getting it, just think about lottery for example, the chance of winning is even lower than one in a million.

Copied from some random website after a quick google search:

In a lottery in which you pick 6 numbers from a possible pool of 49 numbers, your chances of winning the jackpot (correctly choosing all 6 numbers drawn) are 1 in 13,983,816. That's 1 shot in almost 14 million. If you were to buy one lottery ticket each week in such a scenario, you could expect to win once every 269,000 years.

Unfortunately, many lotteries have even worse odds than the scenario just described. For example, the popular Mega Millions multi-state lottery has odds of approximately 1 in 175,711,536. That's right — 1 in almost 176 million!​

But because of the requirements to A) be a player of Mobius, and B) being able to even beat the boss in the first place, the number of people who could actually attempt this would be significantly lower. I mean that might be less than a hundred or even just a handful of people, which is nothing compared to the amount of people who join the lottery.

The difference in "barrier to entry" makes the 1 in a million chance a lot more significant than one might think at first glance, as you were getting at.

But regardless of all the details, because honestly they're mostly besides the point, the problem is that going by what was said in the chapter; Second wouldn't have been able to be number one in Mobius, or at least not for as long or it would have been much more difficult, without the Darkness Wolf.

It raises the question, would Second (or well Seven I think he was called in Mobious?) still have been the number one without the wolf, or if someone else also had it?

Second/Seven being the number 1 went from being an undisputed fact to being somewhat questionable/having some caveats to it. Maybe he wasn't actually the best player?...

"It’s no exaggeration to say that I was able to maintain my position and reign at the top of the world in Mobius all thanks to this Demon." —Chapter 51​

Anyway, I will pretend like I never saw that sentence and my personal headcanon is that it was just the author's attempt to hype up this Darkness Wolf without considering that it will steal some of Second's limelight as the number one player in Mobius.

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    We don’t know if other players might have ended up with wolf familiars if all the top accounts got hacked.

And to be honest, we don’t know if the MC’s assessment that he owes his success to his familiar is accurate. It might be that he thinks that because the wolf helped him at a crucial situation.

Last of all, he got the wolf as a result of his own work. Hence he got to be number one ENTIRELY by his own efforts. Also, it’s not a frikking asspull of an item he got by plot armor. I like that.:D

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Created his own luck by no-life hax.

Astaroth and userunfriendly like this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Mass release! Joy! \o/

Warning, excellent chapters. You will binge. You will love.

Warning, that boy be cray cray. That girl/boy be cray cray. That wolf/girl (OF COURSE she’s a girl :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:) be cray cray.

Deliciously MAD chapters!

\o/:blobfearful:

@Kari_translations is the best!:notworthy:

Kari_translations likes this.
  9. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maso wolf demon girl FTW
    btw after seeing her attack patterns is no wonder most people gave up

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    You sure get a sense that the MC EARNED his Uber skills.;)

11. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm so there is a reason why monsters always have the same pattern...i kept wondering why people could move freely while monsters not...

Astaroth likes this.
  12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Computer chips implanted in their cerebellum.:ROFLMAO:

Astaroth likes this.
  13. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully being tamed will allow her control over her own body when she fights.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    As @Kari_translations said, cat fights are pretty amusing.:facepalm: The idea of Assassin Maids..:ROFLMAO: Yukari is a very strange girl.:p

If he was more aware, the MC would be a Svengali...:blobpoliceangry: though imagining him with the Svengali mustache is pretty funny. :ROFLMAO:

Two part chapter release. Go read nau!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    End of the pet fight!

\o/

Ok, I repeat, MC be nutters...:rolleyes:

16. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the wolf said that once someone enters the room she cant control her body an start attacking

17. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if i should be scared of her or turned on by her. :blobpats:

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    BOTH!:ROFLMAO:

This was SUCH an Arifureta chapter...(new harem rival introduced):ROFLMAO:

:facepalm: Now the summons are fighting?!:blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  19. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm expecting a waifu meeting on Anko countermeasures. One half fixed on her oppai , one half on her being OP.:aww:

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    And one on her OP oppai...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: Yukari’s naming sense...:facepalm: Second Firstest?!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    elengee likes this.