Recommendations Similar to Reincarnator

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by jacobpaige, Aug 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Specifically looking for stories where the protagonist goes back in time intentionally, has a plan, and that plan revolves around making a large number of people (preferably as close to everyone as is practical) stronger/happier/better off rather than just themselves.

MC gender doesn't matter, though I'd prefer that they not be an a**hole. Also prefer to avoid harems, but its not a deal breaker. No horror or yaoi please. Only series available legally, online, for free, in English please. Only series that are completed or being actively written/translated.

Wujigege and Lurking like this.
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    1 sword or a 1000 spears?

3. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    That's one awfully specific request :sweating_profusely::blobcat_rawr:

Wujigege and Astaroth like this.
  4. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Tower of Haven, Mc did goes back in time intentionally. But after he went back in time he started planning so the plan are not all prefect because butterfly effect.

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnator isn't like that at all, tbf.

His personal ideology is that a strong, united humanity is basically worthless and he needs a handful of hand-picked elites. His friends from the future put some kind of mental compulsion on him to ensure he did things their way. That "plan" goes up in smoke when he breaks the compulsion and decides he's done enough to unite humanity and now it's time to do things his way. I mean, it's been awhile since I last read the novel, but that's what I remember.

Anyway, I don't really know.

I think Second Coming of Gluttony technically counts? But not. He doesn't actually go back in time, but he sends his.. emotions? back... So it's not like he restarted with a plan.

I can't even think of any other intentional restarts, much less restarts that aren't intentionally personal.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Kaifuku jutsushi no Yarinaoshi is an intentional restart/second chance novel, though the MC's goal is only to take revenge and fuck (brainwashed) girls...

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll look into it, but it doesn't really sound like what I'm looking for.
    Honestly, I stopped reading it after the translation went on hiatus due to whatever legal disputes. I had heard that the series completely changed beyond that point anyways, basically tossing out all the things that made it unique or interesting. Its really only the beginning of Reincarnator that I'm referencing here, before the time skip.

SCoG didn't go back intentionally, or at all really. Fragments of his memory were sent back by someone else, and he hasn't really done anything to help anyone but himself or the small number of people he cares about, unless it cost him basically nothing to do so and carried a guarantee of reward. I won't call him the most selfish MC, but he definitely doesn't care about making anyone stronger or better off who isn't him or a female member of his team, and sometimes not even then, no matter how much they do for him, or how easy it would be for him to help them, or how many times he's sworn that he would help them.

Not what I'm looking for at all then.

8. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that's a fair assessment. He chose - begged, pleaded, fought for - the chance to have his memories sent back, or, really, his emotions. He could have continued on in his original timeline. Could have fought more, survived, perhaps. But no. He wanted to change history. To reverse the effects of war. It wasn't enough that he, himself, could survive. He didn't choose himself over others. ... Ofc, the god only granted his wish with a little extra push from someone else, but it was his choice. His wish that was granted.

It was 10000000% intentional. He chose to die if he couldn't go back. If he couldn't change things.

As far as how he behaves in the new timeline.. well, his memories weren't truly sent back, were they? He wasn't sent back. While his future self clearly hoped to change the future, his present self is still, ofc, a different person. Whether his future self's hopes are met remains to been. (Though, lol, ofc they will be, one way or another. It's a damn story).

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That wasn't him pleading. That was the princess. He was sent back because of the contract between her and Gula. He had no say in it at all that I can remember.

10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    His dialogue isn't heard. You can only interpret it from Gula's half of the conversation.

That said, it's pretty damn clear.

[Impossible!]

An enraged voice shook the earth.

[Even with your achievements, how could it be possible to reverse time!? You wanted to return everything to the way it was with only what you’ve accomplished?]

“….”

[Impudent! Perhaps if you accomplish today’s feats dozens of times more, but in the current state, I cannot grant your wish. Nevermind your soul, not even a single piece of your body can be sent back!]

“….”

[How persistent! Given that your life is about to end and the feats you have accomplished until now, I shall restrain myself. Tell me another wish.]

Then, a heavy silence descended.

[…Why did you make such a wish?]

Was the darkness moved by the pitiful sight of the man dropping his head? The voice reverberating in the princess’s ears softened slightly.

[Child, hurry and wish for your revival. If that is truly your wish, you can ask again in the future after you’ve accomplished more feats. Though, I can’t say that it will be possible.]

[Your memories?]

“….”

[You want your current feelings to…]

“….”

[Since you can’t send back your body or soul, you want to send back the feelings you felt here?]

The darkness seemed to be taken aback, as silence descended once again.

[…Sending back feelings based on memories…. Certainly, feelings are only thoughts of your emotions.]

After a long silence, the voice answered.

[But even that is difficult.]

Although it was only for a brief moment, the mouth of the dying man twisted up.

[I am truly sorry.]

That was it.

The man’s shoulders stopped moving. Plop. His head slumped, never to rise again. Just like that, he stopped moving.

[How foolish…]

Suddenly, a hand-like thing reached out from the darkness. As if it suffered a great loss, it slowly caressed the man’s head.

Returning was his wish. His only wish. He chose death when it was denied to him.

On his deathbed, he did not wish to be saved - only to nudge his past self into changing history.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that a title or a question? Google turned up nothing on it if its a title, and I don't understand what you're asking if its a question.
    Alright, still doesn't change the fact that its not what I'm looking for at all. As I've mentioned before, he's made no effort whatsoever to help anyone but himself and some of those close to him without being paid to do so. His actions very nearly make him the antithesis of what I'm looking for, and even if they didn't, I've clearly already read the story so it would still not be what I'm looking for.

AMissingLinguist and Westeller like this.
  12. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnator way of asking what is better a stronger army or a powerful individual is by asking if the mc wants a reward of a 1000 spear or a single sword
    I was hoping that anyone would recognize the referrnce and also it a way to find this thread in the future

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
  14. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to recommend I am the Monarch
    But it is not being actively written/translated. :blobcry:

Volcanic age fits your request, but only the manhwa that is actively translated (already caught up to the latest raw)

Human emperor kinda fit your requirements, but i dunno since i am dropping that novel

All of my recommendations ignore this requirement tho :sweating_profusely:

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to consider it legal so long as the copyright holder isn't trying to sell it in English and the author hasn't asked for it to not be fan translated. Its a fairly grey definition, but most series aren't likely to be given an official translation if they don't already have a fanbase, so...

As for I am the Monarch and Human Emperor, I'm fairly certain I've already dropped both and neither really qualified. Though I could be mistaken as it's been a while for both.

Lurking likes this.
  16. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The King of the Battlefield back in time, has a plan, help people?
    The Amber Sword back in time, has a plan, help people
    The Novel’s Extra back in time, has a plan but not a good one, help people
    Law of the Devil back in time maybe, a**hole mc, has a plan that don't survive bad luck, help people by mutual benefit
    Return of The 8th Class Mage back in time
    A Monster Who Levels Up back in time, help people, romance is the worst
    Breakers back in time, help people
    Dungeon Hunter back in time, has a plan, help people
    My Disciple Died Yet Again back in time, has no plan, help world spirit
    Seoul Station’s Necromancer a**hole mc, help people by killing bad guy
    Sovereign of Judgment Merciless mc, has a plan, help people by draging them to danger

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read enough of these to know that you didn't really understand what I was looking for. I want them to have chosen to go back in time, and to have a plan before they go back to empower massive numbers of people rather than just themselves. The first three series you listed alone fail these criteria completely. The rest that I know also fail them completely.

18. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes i know, i just put the most similar because it is very specific.
    The King of the Battlefield only has a plan after time travel but he still empower people
    Else there is Mother of learning but it is not time travel and there is nothing more similar or do you take empower massive numbers of people without the time travel?

19. cardialgia

cardialgia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read this in a while so I don't quite remember if it fits what you're looking for, but M E M O R I Z E is supposedly similar to Reincarnator in some ways.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. Not really what I'm looking for at the moment, but its something I do look for fairly regularly.
    I already dropped it apparently. Not sure why. I don't remember it at all.

cardialgia likes this.