Oneshot Rate my SCP!

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Osamaru, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/osamaru

XD I tried my hand at writing one. Tell me what you think!
    Honestly, Its still pretty rough right now, I need to trim it down some and polish up the details, but I think the idea is solid and has a pretty good chance of going through.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    For a second i thought you said 'rate my STD'. :hmm:

dorque, Twilight Fox and VesperNyan like this.
  3. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    Just misspelled words looks to be your biggest problem, and some grammatical errors.

Osamaru likes this.
  4. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, gotta watch for those. What about the "Idea" itself?

5. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why sapient being? is other humanoid scp able to flip it too? Also secondary anamalous property is underwhelming imo, leading to gambling addition xD What happen when theres 20 people nearby all together happen to on area? are all of them fight each other just to flip the coin?

Nice idea though, quite original scp. Probably want to see this on scp:cb

6. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, any sapient being, Human or otherwise, would be able to make a "bet". I plan on using this for later Test Logs.
    The Secondary effect is something more to both to give it some danger and justify the strict control, and explain how it would be used in the "wild". Otherwise, who goes around just flipping every Penny they see for no real reason?

7. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    #1 Please add the exact containment's measurements. Also, a high security vault under constant surveilence is way too much for an SCP classified as safe.

#1a Add description of it's recovery by the foundation.

#2 Change Class D amnestics to Class B(Srly, why are you trying to make him forget being a baby?)

#3 Remove all mentions of the coin toss protocol in the Containment procedures and put it in the description.

#4 THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT!!! DESTROY SCPS!!! WHY ARE THEY DAMAGING IT INTENTIONALLY!

It only has 1 anomalous property, so remove the part where it says "main anomalous property" and just make it "anomalous property".

Stop listing off what forms it has taken. Just make an addendum and add the list in there.

#6a
    Distinct lack of addendums, [DATA EXPUNGED], interview logs, and ██████

#7 Why isn't SCP-XXXX-1 Studied more? Also, is it Eucalid because it summons a sentient person? Think about it.

#8 10km of depression and anxiety with potential to be bigger is a fair long range. Are you REALLY sure this is a safe classified object?

There's more too it but I'm sleepy right now. So I'll look at it more in the morning.

@Osamaru[/Quote]

Osamaru likes this.
  8. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    [/QUOTE]
    1: Good point on the Measurements, though remember, "Safe" doesn't mean Harmless, "Safe" means "easy to contain". There are several "Safe" SCPs that are farm more dangerous and destructive than some Keter. But they can be easliy controlled. The same here. THEORETICALLY if misused, it could be very dangerous, thus the tight security. However, it remains inert and harmless as long as protocol is followed.
    2: XD that's the old Classification, they updated it not to long ago. Class-D are now used for 3+weeks. Class-E are for total wipes.
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/amnestic-orientation-manual
    3: ? but its part of the Containtment process. Is there a reason I don't know?
    4: No, but they DO try and understand them. There are several cases of similar experiments with other "Regenerating" SCPs. Its not a case of just "Hey, lets cut it up for the lols".
    5: You're forgetting its secondary properties when Protocol isn't followed.
    6: Ya, I wasn't to sure if I should include that or not. On one hand, it adds more depth. On the other hand, its slightly Redundant. will probably just remove them.
    6a: XD They are coming.
    7: Because its still a WiP, I don't want to delve to deep into it before I polish everything up. As for the Eucalid classification, like I said, "Safe" means its easliy contained, where as Eucalid means you can TRY to contain it, but its not predictable. (Where as Keter is uncontainable)
    8: See above.

9. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    7: Because its still a WiP, I don't want to delve to deep into it before I polish everything up. As for the Eucalid classification, like I said, "Safe" means its easliy contained, where as Eucalid means you can TRY to contain it, but its not predictable. (Where as Keter is uncontainable)
    [/QUOTE]
    SCP-738 is still a keter class despite being somewhat similar to yours ex an imaginary person or something that only one person can see.
    The bet you said might be used to kill someone out of containment ex. heads I kill the president of Russia on live television Tails You will die and your death will be broadcast live in Moscow. Both are roughly equal both dying and being presented live yet both are out of containment. The coin itself is easy to contain but effects can be felt a distance away. either give it a limiting factor or make it Keter. That also does not stop bets that involving breaking out of the facility

1) the containment is huge, 3x3x3 meters is huge for a coin,Putting it in a safe bolted to the floor with CC cameras embedded inside would make it easier to contain and would make as much sense. If they need it to test something or do the monthly flip they can move it to a testing area that the foundation probably has for other SCP