LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, you are coming with the relative bs. Accept it that there is one hard, objective truth. It does exist. Does anyone have it? Eh, unlikely. This is mostly reserved for neutral observants.

Alda is still one his genocide train. So your point is utterly worthless.

Heinz legitimately hunted down members of Vidas races as a collective monolith. He is unquestionably racist. He also is doing jack shit to help them. Having a dhampir pet doesn't really count for this. To the real issue. The points he critized were side effects of the battles between Van and the humans, which the humans all provoked/forced. Are you seriously saying that centuries of slavery are not objectively worse than higher taxes? Are you that stupid? Or do you think the victim at school is not allowed to hit the bullies back? Because thats pretty much whats going on. Except that the bullies inflicted dozens of times the damage and are backed by a genocidal deity.

2. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Schneider was raised in the exact same environment as Heinz and choose the path of Vida, of life and seeing others as equal by deed and actions. Where one is raised does not impact whether or not someone can be considered racist, wrong, or evil. Anyone can feel what Heinz said is wrong, what beliefs are the norm where he grew up does not change that. We know his stance is wrong because it comes from an ignorant base that lacks all the information and the information he's putting forth is incredibly biased to only the side of the humans who weren't even negatively affected where they didn't deserve it. What I mean on this previous bit is that the citizens Heinz claims would be affected by the whole taxes thing are in fact perfectly fine because Van's mini dungeons supplement their income and so do the earthen statues full of loot he distributed to various different villages in exchange for farm animals and seeds they didn't need or couldn't use anymore.

yuki.hime, Zone Q11, tirirism and 2 others like this.
  3. Nazamroth

Nazamroth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, IF Heinz even gets to the end of this dungeon, at the most he will be an avatar of Alda, with some traces of his original will left. Keeping the non-ranked creatures at least alive and that one dhampir well is the extent he would go to with his ideals. A tool. That is an improvement, mind you.
    And I bet you, if he won it all, Van would be the tragic story element. The death of his mom made Heinz compassionate, yet despite all that, he was forced by cruel fate to kill him and his family. He raises a small grave maybe, and everyone thinks that he is a paragon of righteousness.
    Since Alda in this scenario would become practically unchallenged, he would start getting massive faith coming in and it would only be a matter of time until everyone is his mindless whoreshipper or dead. Possibly both.
    How very happy an ending that would be....

4. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't turn any of them into zombies right now cause of how the fake bodies work, they'll just turn into nothing after death and nothing will be able to be done with the bodies anymore.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  5. Nazamroth

Reading List:
    Link
    For the record, can we expect the next chapter soonish, or should we just shelf this whole issue for a while?

6. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoshi's going to try and get 201 and 202 done before the 14th of September, but I can't give an exact date on when anything might be released. I don't see any reason to shelve the topic either as the fight itself isn't really related so the next two chapters won't really impact it any.

7. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well honestly it still looks like you're questioning if he's racist. But since you said this I'm guessing you were either trying to talk about what specifically he was racist against or trying to argue he's a saint from the perspective of other racists who also view them as lesser? No offense it's just the way you phrased it doesn't work for me.

If my second assumption is right then my reply is this. My comment regarding Heinz being a saint was related to the comment
    But the thing is it's not simply because we're on Van's side that he's nor worthy of being a saint. As Van pointed out he ultimately hasn't truly saved anyone. He helped the Dhampire girl and then dragged her around like a trophy or pet showing how just he is. He turns a blind eye to Vida's races suffering if doing anything about it so much as troubles humans to a decent degree.

The google definition of a saint is
    He is not virtuous because his morals are entirely driven by Alda and his own guilt. A truly virtuous person would at least want to help FROM THE START because it's the right thing to do. Not just because he feels like shit murdering a mother that just wanted to protect her son.

He's not kind because he ONLY cares when his conscience bugs him too much. Like when he kept murdering ghouls even when he suspected they were a race of Vida's. He wasn't at all concerned about them as long as he didn't feel guilt towards killing them. So he intentionally turned a blind eye and didn't think about it.

He's not patient because he's actually extremely impulsive and stubborn. He acts like he wants to "talk things out" with Van but really he just wants to assert his own self righteousness. When Van doesn't agree he simply denies him without a second thought.

Even if you look from the perspective of his side he's not a saint. He's just a self righteous asshole with a hero complex. He'll save people only until he's convinced himself he's a hero then the rest isn't his problem.

Paps and Edge_God like this.
  8. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it does not, subjective morality does not exist, something is right or wrong, good or bad. Subjectivity is just used to make people feel good about committing evil, or bad for doing good. But is does not make evil good or good evil. It is almost always a cognitive dissonance induced self delusion to appease ones ego.

It can work as a defense for those lacking he full info, but only if the individual is truly lacking the necessary info to even realize that they are not seeing everything, let alone realize there is another perspective to look at hings from. Heinz does not meet this requirement, especially after being lectured by Van, he had seen more then enough to plant seeds of doubt in his head before entering this dungeon.

Heinz is an irredeemably evil mass murdering racist, who is in massive self denial about his nature.

Most of the world only gets a pass due to Alda'a lies about his position among the gods, but anyone who has seen enough to realize that history books are written by the victors like most nobles and scholars should does not get such a pass.

9. Nazamroth

Reading List:
    Link
    What I really do not understand is why Alda is so damn stubborn.

Their world suffered a disaster on the level of the apocalypse. That sort of thing does not get undone. You can repair it. You can rebuild and repopulate from it. But you cannot pretend that nothing happened.
    And yet his goal is to return everything as it was before. That is just plain stupid. It has been longer since then than the entire history of our civilization, and yet his plan is still not even at the point where they are back at anywhere near full power.

Exterminating all the monsters, I could get behind that. But he could have solved all these issues by striking a bit of a compromise: "Okay, Vida, I do not like it, but your races get to stay if they worship us too, and we tell ours to stop harassing you lot. Now lets sort out the Gudunaris-induced races that do not actively seek our destruction, relocate them to nests which they seem to need, and tell them to atone for the sins of their ancestors by keeping those areas under control in our name."

Thats it. Is it a perfect solution? Hell no. There would be constant conflicts between races and factions. Even morally it is debatable wether 100,000 years down the line, it would be ethical to expect the races to continue atoning. But now you salvaged the mess left after the war and even gained from it. I came up with it in about 5 minutes but I dare say that I did a better post-apocalypse plan than Alda did in thousands of years, with eons as experience to build on.

10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many grey areas. Few things are inherently black or white. That being said: I agree in this particular instance.

11. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we all atlrast agree that the root of alk the raceism is bellwood and his wish to let the world develop on it's own, without outside influence affecting it?

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he is not able to handle change unless forced to, and now has an army so they can not force him to.
    think big bang theories Shelon but with a legion of fanatic murders who will kill or enslave anyone so he can get his way on even the most trivial things.
    So Vida's original plan???
    EDIT :
    Bellwood has alot to due with the worlds medieval stasis, but the racism is mostly Alda and his inability to accept change (like new races, or a new reincarnation circle).

13. Nazamroth

Reading List:
    Link
    ......That was her plan? And she got crucified for it? Brb, got some godslaying to do...

Neiden, Ghost-Plant and Edge_God like this.
  14. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really.:aww: Nice, that would be a wonderful present. cause the 14th ma B-Day:blobparty:
    Can't wait to read how Van beats ketchup and make some ketchup packs from him.:cookie:

15. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a phrase/saying in Japanese, that if you help someone, you should see it through to the end. You'll see this come up fairly often.

This is what Heinz is failing to do. His help is half-hearted / incomplete. Or putting it another way, he's only willing to do the easy bits and is more of a "fair weather friend". Some of his failings are easier to excuse but this aspect is something fundamental and is nothing to do with how Alda screwed up the world.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  16. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting

17. Marcwedmaster

Marcwedmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From where I am there's a saying that goes like "if you give fish to a man one day he will not starve for that day but if you teach him to fish he will eat everyday" so it kinda goes with that if you want to help someone and you are gonna do it, do it right don't halfassed help that will make the people you help dependent on your help to know what to do.

If you only help then you are not saving them. That's what Heinz is doing, giving help but not cutting the problem from the root, he is at best putting some kinda of patch of top of the Alda Religion to make it not seem so extremly racist and brutal but the patch can only cover so much and does not change what's underneath. And when you are putting patchs of top of something that was already broken from the beggining you should just drop the whole thing...

(sorry if my english is weird or stuff really tired right now and still learning will correct anything wrong witht this tomorrow)

18. RandomEnchanter

RandomEnchanter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With how adamant Alda has been with the persecution (for lack of a better word) of Vida's races, and the shown influences as to how unhinged Alda became after Bellwood did his thing, as well as the lack of me being able to recall what Bellwood's power was. It has me thinking that Bellwood did something to Alda in the lines of influence/corruption to make Alda this way. And this makes Bellwood the ''final boss'' instead of Alda. Whom Van will encounter and go 'oh, something isn't right with you "YOINK" all better, now we can have a fair fight.

19. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! September 14 is my "getting a year older, again" day. So gimme that chapter :v

BlackPhoenix likes this.
  20. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Bellwood and Alda basically enabled each other, if I recall they were effectively an echo chamber of 2, with a bunch of sycophantic toady yes men for company.
    Everything was there in Alda from the start, it is just that the invasion and war, coupled with the loss of the other gods, brought out and enabled his worst traits.Or is a result of him being completely unsuited to running the world.
    Has been basically in the middle of a "I am so useless" emo crying fit for the last 50 millennia or so after the EGoSC's ability forced him to realize confront all his sins and the damage he had done to the world, and he is afraid of just making things worse
    Heinz walked through the same effect and was pretty much unaffected, which makes me think he has some level of psychopathy on top of being a racist prick.