Chinese Instant Kill

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Jeto, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Jeto

Jeto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Instant Kill
    Raw Link: http://www.17k.com/list/83549.html
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/instant-kill/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up
    :
    Currently being translated, however the release rate is very slow. sometimes waiting 5 to 6 months for a release.
    The story/plot is very entertaining.
    Great character building
    Good action
    Description:
    It tells the story of 12th Guo that found his soul awoken in a new world where Fuzhou (something like half spriitual power, half martial arts) exists. He was found to be highly gifted and adept at it; thus began his journey

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Astaroth likes this.
  2. Ace_online8888

Ace_online8888 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this novel and while I am grateful that Jade Slip is slowly translating this, the release rate is too slow (been over 2 months). At this rate it will take over a few decades to be completely translated.

Jeto likes this.
  3. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The current rate is apparently around one chapter per 3 months
    iirc there is a rule about a novel being considered as being translated if x chapters get translated per three months or thirty days, Im not sure, but you can definitely make a proper pick-up request, unless the current translator has strongly indicated or said that the updates will pick up by a lot soon.
    Check the subforum Novelpickuprequests for the formatting @ op
    Or just edit it like this
    Name:
    Raw Link:
    linkhere.com
    NU Link: linkhere.com
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Description:

Jeto likes this.
  4. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, chapter 10 of volume 7 was already released? Thanks for reminding me to check.

5. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    alright, I went through the effort of looking through all the rules etc, to finally find in the NU policy that you are only considered an active translator of a novel if you released at least 2 chapters in the past 30 days, some other requirements and exceptions. But basically, if the translation isnt up to date with the raws, then you should edit this thread to match the template or make a new one and report this one for locking.

StudentAloe likes this.
  6. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Just going off the NU page you linked, the last chapter was released 2 months ago and the average release time for 2019 is 2 months.

While it's not ideal, it's certainly not 1 to 2 chapters a year...

7. Jeto

Jeto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your correct I exaggerated a bit xD but there are cases in the past where i waited 5 months in between releases.

Just edited now thank you.

8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The policy you're probably looking at is for Novel Updates. The one you want is for NUF.

Do not make a Pickup Request for a novel with a translator, however slow and/or unreliable you consider them. I have moved the thread to a more appropriate subforum for complaining about a translator's release speed.

Jeto likes this.
  9. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, with that speed, you might as well just drop it. That includes the translator and reader.

Really nothing to be grateful about. You'd read it more frequently and sooner if you just MTL'ed it yourself and then spent the time it takes to edit it properly.

I mean seriously, it takes all of 10 seconds to copy and paste the raws. After that, just go in and edit it so it makes sense and it flows properly. An hour to two hours a day and just stack them up for like a month. Then binge read. Done that for plenty of novels with translators like this that just hold onto a series for no real reason.

StudentAloe, DiabolicGod and Astaroth like this.
  10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only should this novel get picked up, but it should also be re-translated from the beginning. Cause the first TL was preeeetty bad

Honestly just MTL it, it's on LNMTL but last I remember the terms for it was absolute shit since whoever made terms just straight up copied the old TL's glossary (which was absolute garbage). Not sure if that was ever fixed, though it will when/if I one day decide to read it again.

But anyway for now your choice of machine translator + word replacer 2 (or equivalent) is the best bet to ever read this novel.

Actually I even got an old Word Replacer 2 glossary for the novel if someone want it, though I had only read like 90 chaps or something. And it was years ago when I was less experienced (even used bing/microsoft translate)

And I guess it might still be worth checking LNMTL out just in case someone read the novel and fixed it up a bit.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  11. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, didn't check the date correctly. 28 days without release left for this then. Either hope the translator bucks up and translates at a proper pace of at least 1,5 chapters per month (and with better quality if you are to trust other comments here saying that it is basically mtl unedited), or hope the translator drops it and it gets picked up soon.

12. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there's a more active translator that wants a hand on it, just go for it.

Reminds me of Release that Witch when 3 translators were on it at a time. (QI won for obvious reason)

Wujigege, Astaroth and DiabolicGod like this.
  13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for the record, before Jade Slip or w/e the current TL is called, there was another one. I don't know about the current one, but the previous one wasn't any good. Especially the terminology and ranks were made very confusing by that TL. (Edit: After checking the novel page, seems like there's been quite a few TLs...)

And since the new TL just continued from where the last one left off there's a lot of bad previous chapters. (The new ones might be bad too, but I haven't read em so idk)

DiabolicGod likes this.
  14. Nadrathen

Nadrathen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last chapter was 5 months ago.
    Seems like the translator dropped this novel, so it's now free to get picked up.
    Really hoping that someone will translate it.

Jeto likes this.