Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Vel

Vel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be based on novel Feng Yu Jiu Tian and seriously i have no idea how they are going to make it with all the censorship:blobawkward: I got to know the story cause of manga got released in my country, then started reading the novel long time ago, and it has so much more bl related stuff than MDZS. I would say the main couple relationship is integral part of the story, and it has much more sexual tension from the start including some weird previous abusive relationship beetween the ML and the rightful owner of a body that MC is geting reborn in:blobdizzy: and if they will cut it out completly the story will be just about politics and intrigue i guess? No high hopes for that.
    I'm trying convince myself to watch the Guardian thou but the bad ending keeps me away for now:hmm:

JinseihaBangumi likes this.
  2. JinseihaBangumi

JinseihaBangumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, I agree in many points, are there fanmeets and interviews coming up? is there any info?
    And Zhu Zan Jin is just cute and flirtatious at the same time ^^, quite feminine and delicate hahaha wheras LHK is the serious, but very manly type! Their age gap is also just 1 year, which is perfect.
    I think with XiaoZhan and Yibo, a 6 years gap at a young age like this, really does make quite a big difference.

Xiao Zhan was just perfect! Wang Yibo in a way too, however, he looked just sooo super young compared to XZ and in fact I think he's even not as tall as XZ?, especially given that 16 years have past (i know it's different in the Wuxia World but i wished Yibo was a bit older, otherwise I loved his portraying of Lan Zhan he was soooo elegant and beautiful like a Jade sculpture!! And I can't imagine anyone else playing the role. I think I can relate why they chose him.

Looking forward to the new series you mentionend ... btw... (other post)

Thank you for explaining about those two series. Has Flying Phoenix a bad ending too? I also had Guardian on my list, but if it's a bad ending i won't watch it. I'm hypersensitive and easily fall into a pit of depression. As for the BL ... maybe they try to resist the Chinese censorship laws? Is there a chance they will change it in the near future, like many very conservative countries like Japan/Taiwan I think have legalised LGBT partnerships recently..... I feel so sad for all the gays and lesbians in China....

I don't know what to say ... Yeah, there are many Chinese Wuxia Novels / Anime out there, that play in similar worlds..... and MDZS is still highclass! There are hardly any works that can compare imo. I don't understand the last sentence you've stated, however, of course there are thousands of novels/works with similar concepts.....
    As for Di Wang Gong Lue (the BL bits are even more subtle in the anime) but the novel is quite good in the long run i've heard. i've only read the spoilers and translated parts. It's a slow-burn though and MDZS is much more interesting. It's really hard to find something as intriguing as MDZS.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  3. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjoy this, Donghua fans, even when this never happened in the Donghua, at least we have this! [In the Novel & Audio Drama!]

Bless the soul who did this~! :blobnosebleed:
    [​IMG]

4. Vel

Vel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feng Yu Jiu Tian is 29 volumes as for now, but the status is still ongoing and have not seen it upated from a long time, maybe the novel is on hold:blobconfused:? As far as i know the main couple is doing alright so far, as i done some research before reading it, can't stand the bad endings either:sweating_profusely: The problem is the latest english translations is up to volume 16 only, so i really don't know the details:blobsad: I stopped reading quite early as i wanted to wait till all the story will be released ....
    As for the changes don't have high hopes really, the goverment is quite strict to that, can't see it happen anytime soon and i'm even more scared of what they can do to the ppl if they start protesting someday...
    Maybe try watching Guardian and then just read the novel as it has good ending to erease the bad taste:blob_grin:?
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww: Thanks for sharing:blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:It looks so much like the official art :blob_pompom: It would be so perfect if it could actually happened in the donghua.....

Sauling likes this.
  5. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I know, right, it looks so much like the official art :aww::aww::aww: One can really just treat this as 'official' (since officially this did happen in the original source :blobnosebleed:)

And yeah, it would indeed be so perfect if this happened in the donghua...... Though I kinda lost hope with how they handled the whole flashback... :blobconfounded:

Vel likes this.
  6. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm...
    I would judge a creative work on merit of something innovative or something new that it does..

which as far as DGL anime goes.. so many scenes, the way politics flows.. story arcs.. character traits.. just so much is overlapping..
    not saying it is plagiarized.. No.. but very similar.. and I assume there will be more out there which would be similar..

If someone has been reading such novels, i wonder if MDZS would indeed come across as THAT AWESOME

7. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I spent lots of time during my childhood watching old Hong Kong-made kungfu/wuxia/xianxia shows with my parents (back when VHS tape rentals were plentiful), so the transition for me to 'get into' the MDZS storyline with all its tropes, character stereotypes, magic / power / skill lore, etc. was not difficult.

You're right that MDZS doesn't break any new grounds - the themes of a hero becoming an anti-hero, using musical instruments as weapons or tools, controlling ghosts / spirits / undead / monsters, palace / court politics, etc... are already plentiful since the 1980s or even earlier, and in various media forms - not just tv drama series, but also movies, cartoons / donghuas / anime, novels, comics / manhua...

Heck, when I was watching MDZS donghua, I kinda connected with a puppetry drama series that was airing around the same time, Thunderbolt Fantasy - because of
    • similar vibes between the two male leads (not explicit BL but HOT DAMN ALL THAT TEASING BETWEEN THEM... :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:),
    • very attractive character and face designs (who doesn't like a guy with manly rugged looks being power-bottomed by a devil-in-disguise prettyboi that smokes (blows - haha..) long pipes),
    • very beautiful costumes and accessories (prettier than MDZS but yeah, they're probably miniature-sized anyway...),
    • very nice voice dubbing (I watched the japanese dub, the manly guy is by deep-sexy voiced Junichi Suwabe who also voiced Daiki Aomine in Kuroko no Basuke... and his pipe-blowing partner whose name I forgot has an enticing, delicate and mischievous voice that sends goosebumps if you turn up the volume to the max)
    • the use of musical instruments or tools as weapons (flutes and all that... and that talking pipa is so badass),
    • using and controlling of undead / monsters for getting errands done or for fighting...
    Yeah, it's like MDZS too... with a more chatty and easily-ruffled Lan Zhan and a more mischievous and badass-like Wei Ying... :blobhero:

What made MDZS stand out for me, was the BL relationship. There's tons of wuxia/xianxia stories and drama series with brotherly or xiongdi relationships, but this is the first one that has strong BL flavour to it...

Thanks for the tip. I'll look up on "Feng Yu Jiu Tian"... now you mention it, I do remember see quite a number of delicious-looking bl fanarts of a long red-haired seme dominating his cute looking black-haired uke... ahhhHHHhhhh... I see, i see... :blobthinkingsmirk: There's quite some sex or sexy scenes in that... I hope to at least see some implied scenes like kabedons and alpha male-dominating acts, it doesn't have to be full blown kisses or sex, really :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

I think you can safely watch Guardian. Don't take the series' ending too seriously and don't think too much. Just watch and cry for what it's worth, and flip over to the novel (or fan-written comments on "how it should have ended") to satisfy yourself. Actually, the last scene is quite well done by the actors - the dialogues, the way they spoke, the gazes and facial expressions, oh god even how Shen Wei sheds tears... 100% Oscar nomination-quality acting there !!! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

The final? fan-meet will be in Bangkok in mid September. You can probably find info about it everywhere - I use twitter and see announcements by Thai fans everyday :blobReach: There seems to be a concert planned in Nanjing in October, I think.

Zhu Zanjin has long and pretty eyelashes. I don't know if that's his natural look or with make-up, but he looks like a cute doll, sometimes :blobnosebleed: LHK has a rock-star image, especially after I heard him singing with deep raspy voice and see his musical talents.

Yeah, Xiao Zhan is definitely the more senior. At times, especially when he's not on glossy magazine covers or all powdered up in front of the camera, you can start to see some wrinkles around the eyes... while Yibo still has his smooth babyface :blobmelt: Also, the way XZ answers the more serious questions or handles jokes, can be quite different compared to Yibo's - it shows in his thinking process and life experience.

I would like to see Yibo put on Lan Wangji's robes when he hits 30, then we may see the Han Guang Jun that we've been waiting for... :blob_sunglasses:

I read somewhere that Addicted will have a Season 2 soon, which will be filmed in Taiwan. So, assuming this will go on with no further bans / controversies, this could open up a new avenue for future BL series. Just film future chinese BL series in Taiwan so that we all still get nice shows to watch (and hopefully get to enjoy more steamy scenes...) :blobtriumph:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Vel, JinseihaBangumi and ez like this.
  8. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are four upcoming BL drama (but of course they delete all the BL parts):

Winter Begonia (they even create female character for the drama, played by Charmaine Sheh), stars Huang Xiaoming and Yin Zheng, a big budget drama with famous actors and actress

Flying Youth, stars famous idols Huang Zitao and Jackson Yee.

Flying Phoenix that you mentioned (no mention of cast etc yet)

And the one I'm waiting for, the Sleuth of Ming Dynasty, based on 'The Fourteenth Years of Chenghua' murder mystery novel. This drama is produced by Jackie Chan and stars Darren Chen. Already finished filming and ready to be aired. Maybe end of this year or beginning of 2020

[​IMG]

AI Xin, Vel and JinseihaBangumi like this.
  9. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also waiting for The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty. Yes there will be no BL (just now saw the trailer/teaser) but the promos look good.
    Flying Phoenix is a popular book; but I gave up reading it midway :( I dont know how they will adapt this book by removing BL contents.

10. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    imho the plot of FYJT would function fine without the relationship between the main characters. their actions in the plot are not driven by love or affection for each other, it’s 99% politics and power play and 1% bc ML wants to f*ck MC, (unlike, say, Hua Cheng’s actions in HOB which is 100% out of love and definitely integral to the story).
    although to be fair to the author, FYJT was written in the early 2000s so the relationship is the perfect example of very outdated BL dynamics that was all the rage back then but no longer popular nowadays. it has rape, abuse, Mary Sue MC etc all the things that gave BL a bad name lol. these days the novels topping the ranking charts these days all have very balanced and supportive dynamics. MDZS’s Wangxian and HOB’s Hualian relationships are what modern BL trend is all about, and we’re glad for it

I have read novel Winter Begonia is based on. MC is married, his wife played by Charmaine Sheh is a character that does exist in the novel and NOT created for the drama, MC and ML’s relationship is an extramarital affair in all sense of the word, and the ending is BE (as it should be :blobhero:)

11. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i heard on youtube site, these BL dramas have been in make prior to Untamed.. so they will have dated approach to the treatment of the show

( as in .. untamed started filming later, and released this year.. so all the 'good lessons" from its success - too late to adapt them)

12. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read the fourteenth year of chenghua/sleuth in the ming dynasty until finished? who is the CP then? Is it happy ending?

13. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! :bloblove: This was very cute and fluffy! :blobcatblush:

Oh, and does anyone know where I can download Di Wang Gong Lue, please? :hmm:

I know that the episodes are available on gogoanime but I would prefer to watch them directly on my computer (and to be able to watch them when I want even if all the links of the videos are dead! :blobcheeky:)

14. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent read it but here is a summary :

The eldest son of the Wuan Duke suddenly dies in his own house and a little official of Shuntian Prefecture finds out the truth just from the clues and traces. Since then, the strange friendship of the cold Jinyiwei guard Suizhou, Tang Fan, a civil official who loves food most and the proud leader of Dongchang Wang Zhi starts. They cracks many big cases together, such as the kidnapping case in the capital city, the case in Suzhou, etc. The language of this novel is rigorous but the plot is vivid, truly restoring the historical appearance of the Chenghua years in Ming Dynasty.

I'm mostly looking forward to it because of Darren Chen, and its produced by Jackie Chan. The summary gives off Sherlock/Watson vibes in a historical era with probably no angst... I could be wrong.

Here's a teaser for it:

Promo video:

JinseihaBangumi likes this.
  15. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can download it from Youtube (subs). The raws are on Nyaa ('Emperor of Strategy').

16. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am so tempted to watch the show again just to count the words LZ speaks and still be so prominent in the context of entire thing

17. JinseihaBangumi

JinseihaBangumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes that's also why I started watching this in the first place and also because I'm really into the historic/Chinese culture with fantasy theme... if they had exchanged one of the Charas for a female I would have squipped and boycotted the entire series. Same goes for the other upcoming "former" BL novels that are going to be adapted.... I really can't stand such a thing. If they at least leave the main charas male and do some bro-ship I might watch it.

Ah thanks for the information. Mid-September will be Zhu Zan Jin's b-day as well. I'm also not sure if his lashes are real,but I think I've heard something like that.... omg have fallen for this cutie so hard.

And also you're right, there should be a remake of MDZS when Yibo turns 30 kyaaaaa!!!!

Sounds interesting except "Winter Begonia" which I def. won't support if they exchange the male role through a female!! Def. not! And if someone likes to respond to the Chinese regulations they also shouldnt support this. I'm interested in Chackie Chan's production however will this be bro-ship or anything the like?

baka8roukanako likes this.
  18. Vel

Vel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i will trust you and give it a try then:blobsmilehappy: If it's good it would be waste to not watch it, just hope it would not leave me all depressed for few days:blobastonished:
    Yes, the art is quite nice, word delicious fits it perfectly:aww::blobsmilehappyeyes: and the story seems interesting so i tried it out, still like it even if it is not perfect:blobnosebleed: Just be warned that some ppl might find it too abusive so read it at your own risk:blobtongue:

The plot should be fine without the bl but still it's little bit complicated, so i'm afraid they will change it so much that it will make no sense anymore:blobconfused:
    I get what you mean about the old bl ways, some novels were really too much, but for me this one was not that bad. Maybe i stopped reading it too early ?:hmm: Considering the MC was really young and don't have too much of live experience, ML of simply being man of total power (given the "fictional historical" kind of background probably the thought of somebody opossing him didn't even cross his mind even once), their relationship not being so pure love but with strong sexual attraction, it was ok, just different type of novel, some will like it while the others will hate it:blobdog:
    Still have higher hopes for the other dramas linked in here than this one:blobhug:
    As for now because of MDZS donghua i kind of can't stand the other animations:blobsweat:The quality of visualization in it makes all the other looks rather ugly....

19. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah FYJT’s OTP isn’t that bad compared to others in its era, I have seen worse lol.
    but ML did force himself on MC to the point that MC has to bite his tongue and nearly bled to death before ML stopped. putting that kind of relationship on screen in 2019 is not gonna help anyone lol.
    even the BG side is starting to be more tactful about what their OTP portrays, like Meteor Garden 2018 remake scaling way back on the ML’s abusive personality compared to the original. we BL fans got to evolve too (and we definitely are considering all the popular BL casting recently are all moving away from the old and tired expectation that the top must be taller and bigger, thank you Love By Chance, SCI, Guardian, and CQL :blobsmilehappyeyes:)

btw I sound like such a hater but the plot of FYJT is fantastic and it really deserves to be adapted. it just is one of those rare cases where cutting out or changing the relationship is for the better. in most stories cutting out the romantic relationship would do harm to the ML character (huge damage to LWJ, damn near character assassination for Hua Cheng :sweating_profusely:), but imo it would actually help Rong Tian of FYJT lol

20. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    every rewatch uncovers these little gems:

So, upto ep 4, LZ has like 5 lines of dialogues :p . Two conversations in ep 1, 0 in ep 2, 1 repeat dialogue ep 3, :p

1. Ep 4 , around 36.00 mark: LXC starts talking about WWX (basically he starts praising WWX) and LZ is nodding his head (I don't know if it is a blooper or not .. lol.. it is like subconsciously agreeing to LXC's words aka LZ came to the same conclusion in that 1 meeting)

2. At the gate, very first meeting.. LZ actually doesn't turn around until WWX makes the comment in response to JC's observation of the man on bed being dead..(WWX corrects him saying the man is not dead.. and LZ immediately turns around to see who this Intellectual is :p )

3. When LXC asks WJ if WXX sword technique is also good (this is after full 2 minutes of praising WX's personality, guts, and intellect) .. what a burn for LWJ.. he just walks away :p

4. Morning class - half the rules spoken out were about the ribbon :p ( Director is trying so hard to build the case with this episode and the drunk episode that ribbon is not to be touched.. so that ep 6 ribbon tying becomes more powerful) :)

AND SO ANGRY and JEALOUS when he sees WWX talking to NHS
    I mean a) it is NHS fault to bring in the bird, side eye him if you are angry.. BUT no..
    simple side-eyeing immediately turns into jealous full blown eyes ready to fall out of socket glaring the moment WWX speaks to NHS casually :p (like WWX was not even at fault)

LWJ - so so whipped already

5. LWJ is so love at 1st fight :p .. ep 4, 1st class.. and he is already side eyeing WX.. completely keeping track of his whereabouts :) .. while our oblivious fool is yawning (again director makes it a point to drill it down for us that WX is not listening to all these ribbon rules)

6. I have so much respect for the director. She retains LQR character.. 2nd class..LQR is noticing all of WXX's "misbehavior".. and keeps frowning, giving him a stern look, shaking head.. but never calling him out.. i mean not even with his turtle tail

BUT the moment WX decides to disturb LZ (red paper man flying out).. LQR flips out :p
    No body gets to disturb his precious cabbage

I wish there were an extra with LQR adn WWX post marriage :) .. claiming right over LZ (full on Mother in law - daughter in law drama of claiming rights over the son/husband)

7. WWX calls LWJ lan zahn in the 1st meeting itself, at the gate during the argumnent with invitation.. and post that LWJ never responded to any other name :p ( WWX very dociley went back to calling ji xiong etc etc.. but NOPE.. LWJ never responded to those names)

8. I have this feeling that LZ just had to tie the ribbon on wx hand before WN takes WX away :p .. all WN scenes are strategically placed before LZ interrupts..he would have noticed the "closeness" with touches (ofcourse he couldn't hear from far away to understand mentor-mentee relatioship)

9. ep 5 HYPERVENTILATING CUTE
    The drawing that WX gives to LZ in library..

WX's words:
    I won't come from tomorrow
    I give this to you
    wait forgot to add sthg (draws flower).. and says done
    LZ looks at it; WX tells him "i know you are going to call it childish.. add 2 more words or change"

and then close up to how LZ treats that 1 paper of drawing..

He SO SO SO gently places that sheet of paper on the table -> literally like saying, this is his 1st gift from WX or basically anything that WX every gave him.. and this is such a precious treasure for him..

unlike the book which he shreds

10. Now i get it..
    the second time LZ asks WX to get out. he uses some impolite word..

pretty sure, that was defense mechnism.. he just saw two men make out in the book.. and can I just applaud yibo for fantastic eye acting throught this drama.. somebody just make ITAZURA NA KISS with him

11. So childish LZ..
    ep 1-6
    everytime WX says sthg which proves he is equal to LZ.. or rather voices out the same suspicions that LZ has, but LZ can't vocalize them.. LZ gets all childish.. runs away instead of having that discussion with WX (e,g calling it boring and meditating; throwing his liquor to change topic .. etc etc)

YaoiMom22 likes this.