Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler!

2. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll post the link I have once I reach 5 comments.

Nese likes this.
  3. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  4. Nese

Nese Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me I'm which chapter lu man will go to her last life

5. KatherinaAeonian

KatherinaAeonian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dammit!! don’t tell me this is rebirth of a military marriage:good morning chief part 2 I’m still so mad at that one!!

Nese likes this.
  6. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is, in a previous post, someone said it happens when she gets hurt. Like she sees what would have happened if she didn't go back in time.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Nese likes this.
  7. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait!!!!! Lu man will go back to past life????? why?????

8. KazenoTsuyoi

KazenoTsuyoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honey she got into a car accident
    Didn’t you read it in the previous post?:blobconfused:

9. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    No update yesterday as it was a public holiday.

796-820

796 – When FL arrived at school, all attention was on her. Her friends welcomed her back and congratulated her on her win. They showed her a photo of Ni Xue taken that day. While the FL was being interviewed, Ni Xue thought she would not be captured by the camera and let her ugly feeling appear on her face. Meanwhile, as the event itself had yet to be broadcasted, most people did not know how FL had won the cup.

797 – Those who did not witness it cast doubt on those who praised her. In class, ZXY felt the gap with FL had become larger and larger. She did not like it but felt bitterly powerless. She found Zhuang Tingting’s scornful remarks about the FL in her ears to be grating and lashed out: FL won the cup which is nothing big, but you yourself achieved nothing. No awards won, no dramas filmed, done nothing for the school and have average test scores. You mock her but you don’t have the ability to compete against her directly. Why don’t you say your words to her, what is the use in venting to me? Zhuang Tingting got angry and asked if ZXY had given up. ZXY: Never, I will not. But I lost and I admit it. I don’t like her and if there is a chance, I will definitely step on her. But though I say this, you and I are not the same.

798 – “What are you trying to do by provoking me? You envy her, want to harm her, do it yourself. Don’t keep talking to me about her; do you think I am stupid?” ZXY said, ending their friendship. Meanwhile, Lu Qi was gnashing her teeth seeing FL rise higher and higher. She went to greet her but was ignored until she raised her voice, pitifully asking why sister was ignoring her. FL: “Who is your sister?” FL stood up and directly mentioned about how Lu Qiyuan and Xia Qingyang actually went to the hospital to harm her mother Xia Qingwei. Or what about the time she had them lock FL in the house so that she could try to steal the movie role? Those who heard this began to look at Lu Qi in horror, and even thought that FL calling her father by name was not strange. Lu Qi braced herself and said it was all in the past, can’t it all be bygones? We are still family, can you not forgive this? FL smiled and guessed rightly Lu Qi’s intentions: “You want me to take you to ‘Performer’? Want to appear together, let you be a guest?” Lu Qi said they should talk privately but FL gave her an ultimatum: “Tell me, am I right? This is your chance. Tell me the truth and I will consider it; if not then I won’t!”

799 – Lu Qi knew they were being stared at, but the chance was too tempting. She admitted it, and promised not to be a hindrance. They can be a team and do well, she would help FL win. Did you know… dad just came back from the south. He said he missed you, you should come home to have a meal. Let go of the past, I won’t do such things anymore. Let us sisters support each other, it would be so good. Of course, Lu Qi meant none of this: she wants a comeback and later pay her back. But FL laughed and refused. “I have three words for you: You can dream!” Someone snickered and it soon spread. Lu Qi was furious: “You tricked me!” FL boldly admitted it. “You have hurt me again and again, why should I forgive you? If I did the things you did to you, and then tell you at the end that we’re a family, would you accept it? The past cannot be changed; I would not let it happen again!”

800 – “Lu Qi, let me tell you this clearly in front of all these people. You want me to forgive you; it is impossible even in the next life! So don’t approach me in the future unless you want a scolding. No matter how you plan, I won’t ever forgive you, we will never be sisters. If you miss my scolding, look for me and I will be more than happy to do it!” Lu Qi was furious, but they were interrupted by the arrival of Counselor Liang. He called her and the other winners to see the principal. FL left the stunned Lu Qi and joined Ni Xue and Li Zeyu. Li Zeyu who won third place with just 0.1 point difference from Ni Xue politely apologized for not congratulating FL earlier. FL thanked her, and soon found her to be actually a good person. Principal Liu arrived to congratulate them. After the commendation ceremony they would be signing the contract with ‘Performer’. The proud principal was relishing the moment because all the other principals would be present, including those who had scoffed at their school previously.

801 – Sure enough, when Principal Yang arrived, Liu immediately sarcastically reminded him how he had sneered at the school’s chances previously. Yang could not say anything in return. The top 50 students from the competition had arrived and once assembled, FL gave a speech. She thanked the principal and the teachers for their support; much to their pleasure.

802 – The ceremony was over but the top five winners and their managers were still waiting for the person from ‘Performer’ with the contracts. There were complaints at the unreasonable delay. When he finally arrived he was an hour late; one could see that the show’s representative was an insincere person.

803 – The peeved Director He who was supervising the waiting winners introduced the representative: Assistant Director Xu Yaojie of the show ‘Performer’. He emphasized the word ‘Assistant’ and sure enough, Xu was annoyed. But the moment a student called him ‘Director Xu’, he smiled instead, showing that he was superficial and petty. He passed the contracts to the students. FL’s manager Hu Zhonghui immediately saw the newly added vague clauses. The contract stipulates that everything about the competition would be subject to the decision of the show’s management, and that they would have to abide and cooperate with the show’s direction. Xu asked if that was a problem. He did not care about the students, not even FL who to him was just an actress with two movies. FL asked for plain black and white specifics: what is the show’s goal, what is its scope. Xu dismissively said that in the end it is a variety show and ratings would be its main objective and thus it would be geared for that. Is that difficult to understand? FL: Not difficult. Xu: If not, then sign it and not waste my time, I still have things to do. FL: “Not difficult, which is why I want the specifics. The contract has no details. Does it mean for us to pretend if needed? Does it mean for us to do whatever the show asks us to do even if we have concerns? Does the show decide the winners and losers in advance and then we have to fake our way to get there?”

804 – Li Zeyu and the others listened as FL continued to ask, realizing now that the contracts were problematic. Xu sneered, if it is, you won’t sign? FL said “Yes, the clauses are too one-sided. Xu sneered and said such things are needed. The program needs to have conflicts and generate buzz and the question of winning and losing is not their concern. There are other seniors from the acting school in the show; your chances are not big. FL: “So even if I can win, but because my opponent is a senior from an acting school; I must still lose?” Xu said yes, but by being on the show one would get fame and exposure. Other shows couldn’t compete at all. The show does not need to beg for artists to be its guests; it is they who would beg to come on as guests. FL returned the contract. She said she can’t speak for the rest, but as for her, she could not agree. There was no need to try if everything was decided beforehand; she wouldn’t go even if she was chosen to be the winner. Xu sneered: Do you think I would be afraid of threats? Our show won’t miss the absence of a few students. Our show is being funded by Wei Feng Group and has a budget of 500 million…

805 – This collaboration with the Huayi Cup was something done reluctantly and as a favour. Just because you think you are a little famous you can enter our show? We don’t care if you want to join or not. So arrogant after being in a few movies; give it some time and you will be forgotten. Xu honestly felt he was in a superior position; he was not there to negotiate. He turned to ask the other winners if they are signing. Ni Xue’s agent said she would, but asked for guarantee for exposure and to protect her reputation. Privately the agent thought FL and her manager were strange to refuse the opportunity. The other winners Yang Ruitian and Chang Yachen also agreed, having expected such shady conditions to be the industry norm.

806 – The three of them signed. In the end, Li Zeyu also declined as she did not want to be turned into a joke. Her agent Zhang Hai did not protest. Xu gave her another chance; Li Zeyu took heart from the look on FL’s face and refused again much to his anger. Xu stood up, took the contracts and told the signatories to wait for the show to contact them and left without being polite. Once he was gone, Ni Xue smirked at Li Zeyu for wasting the chance. Li Zeyu said she won’t regret it. Meanwhile Ni Xue’s agent Wang Lijun asked Hu Zhonghui why she did not persuade FL to sign.

807 – It was a pity to miss such an opportunity. Truthfully Wang did not like the terms either, but wanted to prod Hu for missing out. Hu: “What opportunity? Oh, you mean that show? Ah, that’s nothing.” Privately, Hu was not worried; after all, CEO Han could make a show just for the FL. When the meeting was over, Principal Liu came in; stunned at Li Zeyu and FL’s refusals. When asked by FL, Li Zeyu said she placed her trust in FL’s judgment: she had never been wrong before. It was better to follow FL. Principal Liu tried to persuade them; wanting them to bring more exposure to the school.

808 – The principal lamented at the missed opportunity and FL had even led Li Zeyu astray; until she said he should listen to FL’s reasons first. FL explained about the vague contract and though they promised to generate buzz for the students; there would be strong possibility it would not be positive.

809 – FL said this was obvious: out of 23 schools only 5 students would be chosen. They would be in a weaker position and disadvantaged right from the start. The contracts gave them nothing nor the right to speak. The students have low standing in the industry with little influence. Sure, they have their fans but nothing when compared to the established guests on the show. So what sort of buzz could generate interest in the students? It would be confrontations with those guests. Guess who would get the negative outcome? The students or those established guests with their huge following? Since the show would do this as a way to boost the students, any guest who is offended or dissatisfied could go cry to the media; while the show would have the final say when it comes to the students. Their own fans might turn on them for being passive and doing everything the show asked them to do. Li Zeyu agreed with her analysis, winning or losing was not important. Building a foundation and a good reputation was more critical. FL continued: Besides, the results would be fixed no matter how hard they prepare. How would they improve then? Can we believe in the comments from the judges? How true was the gap between them and the established guests? In the end, even the school’s good name would be affected.

810 – Principal Liu finally understood. FL was far-sighted enough to be also thinking of the school. He apologized for his earlier rant. When asked about Ni Xue who had signed, the principal said it was out of his hands and hoped it would turn out well for her. The meeting over, FL was asked by her friends about the contract. She shocked them by telling them what happened. As they left the school, a car stopped by its gate.

811 – From it, Lu Qiyuan and Xia Qingyang rushed out to confront the FL. One of her friends immediately went back to the school to look for help, while Zheng Yuan and Pan Xue remained to protect FL. Very quickly the bodyguards Xiao Chen and Zhou Cheng arrived. Lu Qiyuan recognized Zhou Cheng who had guarded Xia Qingwei’s hospital room long ago. Surely he must be the boyfriend! “I remember him! He was there at the hospital. So you are engaged now! Hmph! You cried and dare to accuse Lu Qi of stealing He Zhengbai, yet you already had this man all the while! You slut!” FL felt as if she was looking at a stranger, while her two friends were stunned at such a father. She told her friends to leave as the two bodyguards were enough to protect her. Once they are away, FL started to leave with the guards.

812 – Xia Qingyang told them to halt and shamelessly demanded money to help out their company since she was rich from ‘Red Tiger’. FL stared at them as if they were idiots. “Where is your face?” she asked. Lu Qiyuan was angry, saying that she too had a share in the company. She was also a Lu, she should be concerned when something had happened to the family. “Of course I won’t,” FL sneered. “When times are bad, my mother helped you in the business. When times are good, Xia Qingyang and Lu Qi are there to enjoy it. My mother did not get anything; everything was given to those two. How thick is your face? You have poured tons of money into Lu Qi in the past, have her return it and your problem is solved.” Xia Qingyang hastily said that Lu Qi had already taken her money out in advance; they did not have much but were ready to help. Lu Qiyuan was moved but saying it was not necessary. Instead, he demanded for Lu Man to follow Lu Qi’s example. “No,” FL said. When scolded, FL said, “You did not want to take Lu Qi’s money but fine with taking mine? You had money before, but didn’t give me. Now you actually want money from me? Why not this: how much you have spent on Lu Qi from childhood till now, give it to me now. Then I will lend it back to you. Ah, but you also opened a management company just for her, to invest in making dramas for her. This must be included too. I know, just transfer the Lu company to me and I’ll give you the money. You can think of it as a company loan.”

813 – “You’re mad! You only earned tens of millions, but the company is worth billions!” Lu Qiyuan shouted. FL feigned astonishment: “So valuable? Why not sell the company? Then there would be nothing you can’t do for Lu Qi. My ‘tens of millions’ are nothing in comparison.” When Lu Qiyuan asked if she refused to see him as her father, FL said: “I won’t! I won’t recognize you as my father. So no matter what, don’t come to look for me!” Lu Qiyuan roared about how he was still her father and it was natural for her to pay him back. A crowd began to gather and Xia Qingyang added fuel to the fire by twisting the story. FL: “I wanted to give you the money, but I changed my mind after hearing her scream like a shrew.” Lu did not know if she was serious, but asked to know FL and Xia Qingwei’s new address. “Stop!” Principal Liu anxiously rushed over; FL’s friend who had ran for help actually found him and told him what had happened.

814 – He hurried dispersed the gawking students and ordered the guards to clear the area. When Xia Qingyang heard them acknowledging the principal, she went to complain about the FL to him, saying that the student of the school did not even recognize her own father. Principal Liu sneered: “Who are you? Ah… the fake parents who are here to cause trouble at our school?” Xia said they were not impersonating, Lu was really FL’s father, and they were also Lu Qi’s parents. Liu: “Get lost! I know full well that Lu Qi was born in a great man’s family! He’s the boss of a big company and her mother is a lady! How can she be a shrew like you shrieking at the gates of our school? I don’t believe you; I’ll find Lu Qi to check!” Lu Qi was actually there among the crowd and tried to move away. Someone outed her and asked if they were really her parents. She quickly denied it and hid. Xia was trapped by the principal’s words: to admit was to be a shrew, to deny was to be a liar. Liu: “Let me tell you, Lu Man is an outstanding student who had won many honors for the school. I am the principal, you are not allowed to slander against the school representative!” The parents were stunned as the principal stood in their way and told FL to leave it to him. She apologized for the trouble but he did not care. He had done plenty of welfare work before his tenure and had seen all sorts of people and knew how to handle them.

815 – FL got on her car driven by Xiao Chen and Zhou Cheng. Lu Qiyuan knew it was pointless to stay and when Xia tried to argue, she got scolded for acting like a shrew in public. Xia pouted that she only did it because he failed to cow FL. Lu Qiyuan then asked if she was blaming him. She said it was all because of FL who refused to help. Because of her, the company is in trouble and even Lu Qi was unable to find work. Lu Qiyuan found nothing strange about her words; everything was blamed on the FL who really did nothing to their company. How were they to know that this was all because the ML was sabotaging them?

816 – Xia continued to cry and plead about her willingness to do anything to help him and eventually he was soothed and convinced. They got in the car to try to tail the FL. Xiao Chen warned FL to buckle up and speed up his driving. With Zhou Cheng’s help hacking the traffic lights they managed to lose them. FL then asked why they were at school. Turns out that ML knew Lu Qiyuan had returned from the south as his company was in dire straits. That is why he was desperate enough to get money from her. Don’t worry, CEO Han will give him other things worry about.

817 – Since Lu Qiyuan dared to look for FL, ML will send him further away this time. FL felt guilty for troubling ML as well as the bodyguards. After hearing that ML was busy, she offered to treat the guards to a home-cooked meal. They went to Xia Qingwei’s house and greeted her amicably. She was delighted and enjoyed eating with them, thanking them for the time they had protected her at the hospital.

818 – Xia then asked about ‘Peformer’. Once explained, she agreed with FL’s decision to turn it down. FL had also told Grandma about it, she supported FL completely and would boycott watching the show too. Two weeks before ‘Performer’ began, Star TV broadcasted the Huayi Cup Final online. Viewers who knew about FL and Li Zeyu’s decision not to participate in ‘Performer’ wondered if they would be edited out. But the results of the cup were long known and so it was aired as it is. The fans of Li Zeyu and Ni Xue vied with each other because of the 0.1 difference between them.

819 – Yet nobody questioned FL being the champion, she was just too good and dominant. Those who had been to the event praised her performance. Seeing it again in video made them realize the little details that they had missed during the live performance. Even her detractors admitted her talent and skill. Soon the internet was abuzz about a statement from ‘Performer’. They announced the signings of Ni Xue, Chang Yachen and Yang Ruitian, while regrettably Li Zeyu and Lu Man had declined for their own reasons. The netizens were shocked that the top two were actually not part of the program.

820 – How could they turn down this chance? They discussed the pros and cons of audience voting in the show before the conversation steered back to reasons for their absence. Li Zeyu’s fans were especially upset and suspicious, because they knew how prepared she was to join the show. Li Zeyu saw the comments but did not want to burn her bridges. Star TV was one of the major networks and all their dramas and variety shows have great influence and could give artists massive exposure.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  10. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

11. wny

wny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes..new updates..

12. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is it mentioned???? I am not able to find it.......Plz help

13. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :blobsneeze:

14. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    On the first page

15. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay...thnx:blobangel:

KazenoTsuyoi likes this.
  16. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    No prob

17. crunchberry

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU!!!

18. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    my monitor went poof in the middle of typing

821-835

821 –Li Zeyu was moved by her concerned fans. She told them not to speculate and said that she was simply taking a break and recharge. She couldn’t even defeat her classmates, so how could she presume to go ‘Performer’ and face against the big names? Eventually they were coaxed by her explanations. Meanwhile, FL’s fans too were discussing her absence. But the older fans said that she had never been wrong and they should trust her decision. The newer fans were surprised by the harmonious and level-headed fanbase.

822 – Still, there were those who continue to question about their decision. It gave rise to conspiracy theories and eventually even the management of ‘Performer’ became concerned. Director Ge Guangzhen asked Xu what had happened during the signing and of course he blamed the FL and even accused her of influencing the others too, neglecting to mention that he had outright admitted to the show being rigged. He said that since FL made trouble even before signing, they shouldn’t persuade her to join at all; they could easily pick anyone else. Director Ge ordered a press statement to quell the rumors. Deputy Wang said they could contact FL to release an update just like Li Zeyu did.

823 – Director Ge agreed, and reiterated that since she had refused the offer they won’t invite her again as it would cause even more suspicion. An assistant named Wu then called FL and asked for her to public explain just like Li Zeyu did. Any random excuse would do, like scheduling conflict, physical condition or wanting to focus on study. FL: “Sorry, can’t do it. I decided not to participate in ‘Performer’ not because I have problems, but because you have problems. Why should I lie and assume responsibility for not participating?” Wu was shocked: “But it was you who did not sign the contract!” FL: “There are problems with the contract, naturally I won’t sign it. The terms about misrepresentations and traps are there to bully me as a student with no background, is that not enough reason? I used to do PR and I know why you want to create buzz and I understand your approach. If it is just this, we could still talk and I wouldn’t have directly refused. As for the other things, they haven’t happen yet and so for the time being I won’t say anything now. I want a fair competition, but your program is rigged and unfair. No matter how much effort we students put in, it would be useless as you would still decide the winners and losers as you please. Why should I speak up for this sort of show that lies to its viewers?”

824 – “I can keep quiet and not say anything even if the netizens are speculating. I have nothing to do with your program, what you do is your business. As I am not part of it, of course I would also not do anything for your benefit. You want me to take responsibility for something I am not a part of, sorry, I can’t do it.” FL hung up the phone. Wu immediately looked for Xu and demanded to know if he had revealed how the show was scripted. Since FL knew during the signing, it meant the other students also knew it and three of them were actually in the show. Xu tried to deny it, but then blamed FL for asking too many questions. Besides, Wu should know by now how sharp the FL was, she would have found out even if Xu said nothing. Wu was furious: “There is a difference between you admitting it and for her to guess! You threw the evidence into her hands!” Wu was stricken, wasn’t she a PR expert? Didn’t FL destroy Zhou, Bai, Zhang Lun and even Bobbert? Surely she has someone powerful in her corner! Deputy Wang heard the commotion and asked what was happening. Wu barely managed to control his rage and accused Xu of revealing that the competition was scripted, that was why Lu Man and Li Zeyu did not sign.

825 – Deputy Wang marched straight to Director Ge’s office and told him everything. Xu tired to plead his case, saying that FL was too arrogant and picky. She was still just a student and yet demanded so many things. If she caused so much trouble before, surely she would be like a ticking timebomb during the actual program broadcast. If he had not said the things he did, the other students wouldn’t have signed at all. He had laid it bare so that they won’t complain later, and should only sign if they could accept it. Director Ge was frustrated but realized he had a point. Since FL was not like Li Zeyu and would take responsibility, they will make sure she would. He ordered Wu to paint FL completely black and destroy her reputation.

826 – Wu was hesitant and reminded Director Ge that FL was a PR powerhouse who brought down so many people. Xu seized the chance to convince the director in order to keep his job: She had yet to lose but all those people had not expected her to be so calculating, but we are prepared and won’t give her a chance to prepare a response. Director Ge agreed and chided that Wu was too afraid of a young girl. Xu volunteered to speak against the FL and in the end Wu could only reluctantly agree. Meanwhile, FL was at home shortlisting movies to study when Hu Zhonghui called her frantically about the slander against her from ‘Performer’.

827 – FL immediately knew the reason and told her about the call from Wu earlier. She went online to read the ‘Performer’ statement which declared that there was nothing shady and Lu Man had her own personal reasons not to join and nothing to do with the show. Because of this, the show too had suffered a loss. It was indirectly blaming FL for changing her mind at the last second after all the hard work they had done to prepare for her to join. While the netizens were still puzzled, ‘Performer’ then replied to Li Zeyu’s update, understanding her need to rest and regretting the chance that they are not able to work together. The netizens immediately contrasted the difference of treatment of Li Zeyu with FL. Meanwhile those who had been incinerated by the FL now took the chance to rise against her again, including Zhang Lun, Wang Shuyi (Zhang’s apprentice director), Bobbert and even the fallen idol Zhou.

828 – They immediately said it was proof that FL was a bad person; otherwise why such a prestigious show would ignore her? Surely it was a problem on her end to have so many enemies that disliked her. Zhang Lun said while others were progressing, she was regressing instead. His sudden reappearance caused netizens to laugh, wondering if he was trying to create hype for himself, others even wondered if he and FL were actually distant relatives and secretly helping each other to remain relevant in the media. The top search result of the day became: “Lu Man is Zhang Lun’s niece”. Inadvertently, Zhang Lun had distracted everyone. Even FL’s enemies wondered if she really was his relative because he had made the internet ignore them.

829 – Even Zhang Lun’s own fans thought it could be true and they began to turn against Zhang Lun for tricking them, thinking that he had planned the feud with FL. Otherwise with his prestige and influence he would have crushed her career long ago. Zhang Lun was overwhelmed as he began to lose followers because he had actually tried to do so in the past but failed, every call he made had been rebuffed. He thought it was because of Directors Sun and Jicheng protecting her. His phone rang: a friend someone actually called to ask if Lu Man was his relative. He denied it furiously, only to be bombarded by calls from reporters too. Zhang Lun ended up deleting his post… only for the netizens to notice it barely one second later and mocked him. They remembered how he had deleted his post once before because of FL. That must have broken the taboo for him, now he can delete quickly and decisively! Zhang Lun, if you have the guts, don’t delete!

830 – Zhang Lun then posted a statement, solemnly declaring that “he has neither relations nor cooperation with Lu Man and is not close with her!” It only made the netizens tease him, leaving him was at his wits end. But as angry as he was, nobody was more furious than Han Zhuoli. He ordered the top search result to be removed. The netizens noticed this and assumed it was Zhang who did it. Zhang must be dreaming if he is trying to keep Lu Man off the news: everytime something happens he would appear to talk shit and make her hot news. Although he wants to step on her, he ended up making her even more famous. Too cute! How much did he spend to remove the top search? Hah, this must be a case of hate turning into true love. Hey, who wants to bet that the next news about FL, Zhang Lun will send a post? Will it be deleted? No one would take that bet! His PR manager who saw all this unfold called Zhang: “Director Zhang, can you please stop writing on Weibo”. Zhang Lun said he was provoked by the netizens, the PR manager told him that all he was doing was feeding the internet trolls.

Another change in the numbering while I was busy. This time the number was off by one, perhaps one chapter was deleted or merged.

830 – The PR guy told him that no matter what he posted it would only benefit either ‘Performer’ or Lu Man for free. When asked if he should delete the account, he was told just to lie low and wait for the storm to pass and not to make any more comments about the FL. He was reminded that she alone was fighting against an entire PR team; the PR guy admits that he was not FL’s match. As he predicted, interest in Zhang’s weibo slowly died and the netizens shifted their attention back to ‘Performer’ and a leaked chat screenshot, purportedly about an assistant director revealing the reason for FL’s absence.

831 – The screenshot shows a conversation between the assistant and his friend. The assistant director confirmed Li Zeyu’s reason of poor physical condition, praising her for being honest and responsible and would be pleased to work with her in the future. As to Lu Man… well, don’t tell people, but her head got too big after her movies and the Huayi Cup. She was making unreasonable fee demands and a guaranteed payment even if she did not win in ‘Performer’. She even asked us to rig the show in her favour, and so we refused.

832 – The netizens were in an uproar, some thought it was possible that Lu Man became arrogant. Didn’t she force some judges from the Huayi Cup to step down just because she received some low points? Lu Man’s fans came out to defend her: It was Han Corp’s CEO Han who replaced the judges; a statement about them being unfair had even been released. FL never said anything about her low scores; it was Han Corp and the other judges who couldn’t bear it. While this was going on, FL received a call from Li Zeyu.

833 – She had gotten her number from Zheng Yuan, and explained that she couldn’t speak up for FL in this matter. FL understood that Li Zeyu couldn’t afford to offend the powerful producers of the show and did not feel that Li Zeyu should do so to help her. FL said she would handle it herself. Li Zeyu hesistated before offering to speak on her behalf. FL thanked her and told her not to worry. Meanwhile, FL’s manager Hu Zhonghui arrived to discuss the latest developments. FL was not worried, she had already thought of a solution.

834 – Hu thought FL was being very relaxed, but FL said it was only involving her and so it’s ok. If it involved family and friends, then FL would be anxious. She then messaged Director He who had been there during the contract talk to get the contact details of Performer’s Assistant Director Xu. Director He expressed his concern and willing to help; was she trying to reconcile with Xu? FL said peace would be impossible. Since they are looking for a fight, she will give them one.

835 – FL said she would be mindful not to damage the school’s reputation, Director He replied the school would do stand with students who protect the school. With his help and from Xu’s online profile, FL found out his network of friends on social media. Under an anonymous nickname, Hu posted that the assistant director from the leaked chat had been found: it was Xu Yaojie from ‘Performer’. Another screenshot showing his list of social network friends was released; from there a person with the same avatar from the leaked chat was matched. It so happened that the person had posted a cryptic update crowing about how ‘someone was was unlucky trying to be high and mighty with us, just wait and see’. The netizens who saw it began to theorize: perhaps Xu was making things up as revenge. Maybe FL really caused some trouble and ‘Performer’ was retaliating. What did ‘high and mighty’ mean here, did FL ask for something unreasonable? Or could it be that FL disagreed with something and thus did not sign the contract? That sounds more reasonable than what ‘Performer’ had said…

19. KazenoTsuyoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  20. Zeinfier

Zeinfier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler