This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Morimirror City)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    A completely normal neighbourhood, just without the people. As birds flew chirping overhead, a girl leapt over the short brick fences and made her way through the cobbled archways, holding her side.

We now bring you the recolourized rendition of---

*BOOM*

All the barbed tail-swinging was really not doing the shrubbery any favours. The fact that entire gardens went up in flames from the flamethrower breath didn't help much either.

---Dante's Inferno.

"Long range tail, mid range claws, point blank flamethrower! That's racist to melee fighters!"

Senya ran across a bridge and continued on, tilting her head to glimpse behind her; it was obviously too narrow for the beast and too fragile to support it's weight.

"I'd like to see you get past that without being jumped o---Nani?!"

The scorpion crouched, and jumped right over the bridge. It then turned to face her.

*Click click*

If she didn't know better, she'd have sworn that it was laughing at her.

*click click click*

It was most definitely laughing at her. It was also resuming it's chase, so she turned her attention back to running.

"I need an actual weapon to use---oh! The craftsmen section in Middlesprawl should have plenty! Greato daze!"

Way, leegood, Derrax and 1 other person like this.
  2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobReach: after Babu hugged baby patted the man's cheeks :blobpats: and went back to nomming on snacks :blobpopcorn_cool:.

Then for some reason Babu was playing with shakers :blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco:
    :blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco:

Way, MaliMi and Naraku like this.
  3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahaha... I don't know, I don't know, I don't know... what does it want..? First it seems peaceful and then... for some reason, it just... shows off its teeth? That's nothing but reassuring! Seriously...
    I let out a sigh and felt a bit better. It seemed that this bear was a bit silly... phew. I guess... that's good that I ended up facing this one? I mean, between a wild bear and this one... yeah! The former seems to be more dangerous.

"...bear, you gave me a good laugh there."
    ...from where did it get these shakers? A sigh escaped my mouth as I decided my next course of actions.

"Mmmmm... I suppose that I should leave..?"
    I don't think that I cannot continue to hang out with a bear and a ba- ah I get it! The bear is protective toward the baby! As for why though... wait, is that me... or it actually has a humane attitude? That is... Whatever...

"Bye.... bye?"
    Oh wait... can I let a baby nearby a bear... I can't... errr... damn! What should I do?! I don't want to stay but I can't leave a baby alone with a bear just on hypothesis!

Way, leegood and MaliMi like this.
  4. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the bear business was done and the babu business was dealt with, there was no reason to remain.
    Growl! The bear said its goodbye and left with the baby to continue looking for the right person.
    It did not take long, before the duo arrived at a burning ruin. Well, the whole city was in a similar state, but this building was ransacked to an extreme. Nevertheless, the divine scent the bear had picked up a while ago led inside. :hmm:
    But it did not seem to be safe for the snack-giver. :sweating_profusely:
    And leaving it behind was out of question as an angry human might come and take it. :blobpoliceangry:
    What should it do... What should it do... Perhaps if he pushed it a little...
    The bear took a deep breath and fired a fireball against the wall.

OoC: Way, tell me if the fireball is too much.

@leegood

Way, Naraku and leegood like this.
  5. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt: Babu waved at the man bye bye
    :blobninja: Babu was covered in a strange heat redirecting cloth.

Though Babu did not notice as she still nommef snacks :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

Way, Naraku and MaliMi like this.
  6. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hearing the commotion outside of the inn, I put on the armor I bought today along with the long cloak. Sliding the daggers into the cloaks weapon concealing lining, equipping the long sword to my waist, and grabbing my quarterstaff I pull over my hood and head outside the inn.

Entering into an alley way I put on the mask I bought from the mark day prior, looking similar to a demon in the night light. The flames surrounding the city illuminating my appearance as I move throughout the streets, looking for the sound of the commotion.

*Bump bump*

My heart rate started to accelerate as the flames around me grew hotter.

*Bump bump*

My vision was being obscured by the copious amounts of smoke filling the area.

*Bump bump*

The wails of a child filled my ears accompanied by the pained screams of a woman.

Rushing towards the sound I find a humanoid figure seemingly made out of flame, standing over a fallen woman and a crying child. The figure is holding what appears to be a sword made of flames, which it prepares to swing down.

"No you don't!" I yell as extend the quarterstaff, deflecting the blow slightly and keeping the weapon from striking down at the woman and the child.

"You gotta move kid!," I yell as I pull out the long sword at my waist after the staff falls from my hand from the strike, "I'll keep you safe, but you gotta move! You gotta be brave!" I yell as I charge towards the creature made from flames.

The kid, seemingly brought back to reality, nods his head and begins to move the woman, along with himself into an alley as the flaming creature swings its sword at me as I block the attack with my sword. The intense heat immediately hits me. I feel my skin bubbling and burning, while being healed almost simultaneously, causing the pain to be constant.

Jumping back from the standstill, I feel my chest ready to burst from all the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Fuck," I say under my breathe as I charge towards the creature once again.

leegood, Way, Derrax and 2 others like this.
  7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Weaving through the labyrinth of shops, I ran, the thing hot on my heels.

I passed by a weaponsmith's shop, and snagged the first thing I saw off the wall mounts---a rather normal looking iron greatsword.

I'd hoped for a larger blade, but it'd have to do. There wasn't enough time to leisurely pick out a weapon of my choice, not with the thing so close behind and gaining.

I risked a backwards glance. Nothing---a barbed stinger came into view.

"Oh, *bleep* this."

Time to go. I highlighted it out of that area and ran towards the Guild building. Surely they'd be able to do something with so many people...Hmph.

Forget it.

I'll do it myself.

So I headed for another area; the city's sewer entrance.

leegood, Way, Derrax and 1 other person like this.
  8. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    The clashing of weapons echoes throughout the emptied street.

The searing heat wards off any life as the sound of a battle resonates with the beating of a heart.

The smell of burning flesh permeates from area as a person fighting a creature made from flames continues to get burned just from being close to the creature.

'God dammit,' I think to myself as my armor sears to my skin and my sword finishes melting into a puddle of liquid goop, 'This fuckers gotta be able to die somehow,' while trying to analyze the creature for weak points it slices at my face, as I pick up my quarter staff again.

"Ahhhh!," the swipe hits my eyes, boiling them for a few seconds before my regeneration kicks in, "You motherfucker," I say under my breath as my muscles snap under my death grip, before repairing themselves.

"Go to hell," I say as I rapidly swing the quarterstaff through its body, with whatever blows can get through its defense, hitting its head, left arm, right leg, stomach, and shoulder as he slices at my body in unison.

My sizzling flesh is accompanied by the creatures dance of flame as it moves around the staff while it hits.

*Snap*

It swings its sword, breaking the charred quarterstaff in half.

Using the chance, I use one of the broken sides of the staff and swing it through the creatures chest, hitting something. I put more strength into the swing as I feel the resistance intensify.

"Got you," I said with a sneer as I break through the limits of my muscles, tearing all of them in my arm as the creature wails in pain for the first time.

Exiting the creatures body along with the charred staff and a charred hand is a red crystal, a similar size and shape to a cabbage.

The creatures flames reach for the red crystal as I grab a hold of it, smiling widely as I see the flames coming towards me.

"Get fucked," I say as I slam the crystal into the ground, once again breaking the limits of my muscles, tearing them all as the blood which escapes my arm instantly evaporates into smoke from the heat.

The crystal shatters as it hits the ground, splitting up into several tiny little pieces as the flames enclose around me, trying to take me with it.

The sensation of my entire body being burned made me strangely feel sympathy for the witch trial victims as my nerve endings screamed constantly, not being able to be killed because of my regeneration.

The flames surrounded me for thirty seconds, or what seemed like an eternity, before they weakened and I was left standing there in charred and burned armor, a cloak with burned edges, and a mask which surprising held together through the flame.

I fall to my knees in pain as the smoke around me makes it difficult to catch my breath.

'God I hate barbecue,' I think to myself as my eyes constantly flash white from the pain.

leegood, Way and Derrax like this.
  9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    We now interrupt this cheerful raid news cast to tell you that---

*BOOM!*

---the sewers have exploded. Please avoid touching the sewage, it could be infectious.

In other news, a certain girl landed on the roof of a three-storey building, and remained there, groaning. She had gotten cuts everywhere and metallic shards had lodged into her right leg.

Down at the centre of the blast zone, the scorpion's carapace armour was riddled with countless holes, and a greatsword was jammed deeply into it's spine. Too deeply to heal naturally, in fact. The left claw was also moving sluggishly as compared to the right.

"Gah. Creature won't be moving too far anytime soon, but I won't be moving anywhere for anytime soon. Heh..."

She passed out.

leegood, Way and Derrax like this.
  10. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    A flaming figure was blown into the air with a girly screech as a massive and confused 10-metre long fire snake looked in horror as it went barreling straight in the way of his fellow komrade the bear.

leegood likes this.
  11. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm....? Humans fly? Didn't know that. :hmm:
    And what is that? :blobdizzy: Why is snakie so angry?
    Hiss Hiss
    What? Another fire spirit? And it even used water? :blobfearful:
    Water and flying... Is snakie lying? Cause I hate liers! :blobdevil: But if not, could not it be a really strong? :aww: ....I wish I could spar with it.
    But snakie should spar first. I interrupted them. :sweating_profusely: As a proper bear, I should remedy it.:blobtriumph:

And so, the baby, bear and snake headed in the direction the strong spirit flew.

leegood, Way, Naraku and 1 other person like this.
  12. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    The screeching figure of flame barrelled into a store conveniently named Aliv's Oil.
    As expected, the building exploded approximately after 10 seconds.
    The scream turned from pain quietened into a groan in pain as the source of it smashed through the roof, but when the oil store blew, it transmuted into pleasure in the sort of way that was probably taboo for the ears of probably anyone not interested in BDSM. similar to that of a refreshing morning wakeup yawn. Totally.

13. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

leegood, MaliMi, Way and 2 others like this.
  14. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    I woke up to extreme pain.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!"

"The idiot awakens, I see."

A familiar shadow was standing over to the left.

"Milla?"

"The one and only. We've just finished patching you up though, smartass. Try not to move before you rip your bandages."

"How did you..."

"Find you? Are you kidding? It's kinda difficult to miss a massive explosion, Senya Idiotka. We finished off the scorpion, btw. Nice job immobilizing it."

"Oh, I see."

"Yep, now you sit there and recuperate properly. No sneaking out to kill things, got it? I don't know what stunt you pulled, but you've managed to break most of your ribs. Recklessness at it's finest."

"Ugh, got it..."

It does somewhat hurt to breathe but...

...not to move my limbs.

leegood and Derrax like this.
  15. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    Although they knew the general direction, finding the landing spot of the flying spirit was not easy. The bear decided to check any sound of explosion along the way. Well, it did not prove to be a very effective method...

Hmmm... Why are there so many scared humans? :blobdizzy: Is this their den? :hmm: Well, none of them are the spirit...
    And there are no particular scents... :blobsad:
    Even snakie only hisses in disappointment.
    Is finding one new master so hard?:blobsob:
    Ara? Snakie what are you doing? They are just normies, no need to hug them... :facepalm:
    Oh well, I guess you are still inexperienced. :blobexpressionless: If you hug them too much, an angry human is gonna come out. Look, here they are!
    Growl [Sigh!]
    This is why your progress is so small, Snakie..
    The bear growls once more as it rips the now truly pissed off snake from a civilian.
    Why are you looking at me like this? :blobdizzy:You could have killed them you know?:blobtriumph:What if one of them was master? :blobexpressionless:
    Oh well, let me ask for directions.
    The bear sits and growls at the city guards while whaving with its paw...
    Hmmm...? Why are they getting angrier?
    Hiss :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Hiss!
    What are you saying Snakie? Cannot hear you over them. Anyway, they should not wave those things... They might accidentally hurt snack-giver!
    The bear sent the guards flying and continued on its quest... Soon the trio of bear, baby and snake arrived at Aliv's Oil.

@leegood

leegood and Haitaka like this.
  16. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pushing myself off of the ground after recovering from the pain slightly, I move towards the kid and the woman.

Entering into the alleyway they hid in, I see the young boy holding the woman, his eyes wide with fear.

'He watched the fight huh?' I thought to myself as I looked at my appearance which has no imperfections on my skin even after being repeatedly burned which was shown by my armor.

"Is she your mother?" I asked the boy as I knelled down beside him.

He nodded his head, tears forming in his eyes as he did.

Putting two fingers on her carotid artery, I felt a pulse, albeit weak.

"Save your tears for later kid," I said as I took one of the daggers out of my cloak, "Open her mouth," I said as the kid nodded at my words, opening his mothers mouth slightly, watching me closely to see what I'm doing.

Holding my hand over her mouth I slice open my palm, and squeeze it to increase the blood flow. My regeneration had slowed down after the fight with the flaming creature, causing the healing to take a few seconds before the wound closed.

The blood drops fell into her mouth, her eyes fluttered as they did. The boy watched closely as his mother began to move again, his eyes filling with tears once again.

"She'll be alright, but you need to move once shes awake," I said as I stand up again, pulling out a different dagger and placing it on the ground near the boy, "You have guts kid," I said with a smile behind the demon mask, "Having the will to act is once of the greatest skills of a hero," I said patting his head with the hand that wasn't covered by heated leather, "Be brave kid, because if you are, then everyone around you will be too," with that I began to walk away from the alley.

"Wait," the boy called out behind me, I don't turn around but I stop moving forward, "Who are you?" he asked with determined eyes.

'Thats a good look,' I think to myself before replying, "You can call me... Owl," I say as I continue moving forward again, the boy watching my back with a new found resolve in his eyes.

'I'm going to be a hero,' he thought to himself as his moms eyes opened, and began to cry noticing both him and her were still alive, 'I'm going to help people like him,' the wills foundation becoming even more solid.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    MaliMi, leegood and Derrax like this.
  17. System

System Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many flame incarnation have been felled? How many lives were lost felling them?

Somewhere in the city, a ragged figure staggered over a wall moment before concentrated beams of flame sliced through it like butter. The man attempted to scramble away from the site, uncaring of his burnt skin scraping on the paved road. Yet it was for naught, for the telltale brightness and smouldering heat announced his pursuer's arrival from beyond.

"Mercy! Please, mercy!"

Pleading as he might, there were no reasoning with this newcomer. They spoke the same language yet there simply were no understanding, as if it was reciting some script instead of communicating. After all, it was another flame incarnate - they were simply an entirely different existence.

"Dishonorable coward! One who flee from honorable duel have no right of the Sun's inheritance!"

Its shape resembled a man, yet at the same time vastly different. Its entire being were wreathed in multicolored flames - its skin searing white like the core of the sun, a pair of blue eyes gazing from its bare head. Blazing golden armor clad it entirely, a trail of deep crimson flowed as a cape. Radiant, glorious, and smouldering.

The creature resembling a man swung its weapon, a deceptively simple bladeless hilt. Mid-arc it lit up, brightening and compressing into another beam of flame that neatly reduced most of the screaming man into charcoal. A small shard of flame crystal fell free from a burnt pocket, of which it picked up and merged into the hilt. The weapon glowed brighter momentarily, growing just slightly more ornate than before.

Not sparing a second glance, the creature departed for the next quarry.

Rea here. You've just got a glimpse on the raid boss. As you can see, it's hunting the shattered cores of the fire creatures. Guess where the Sword of Summer is?

You could interact with him/her/it, but do try not to die prematurely yeah?

MaliMi, Blackwater, Haitaka and 2 others like this.
  18. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:
    :hmm: Babu looked around
    :aww: everything was so bright!
    :blobsmilehappyeyes: Babu started playing with Mr bears ears
    :blobspy: sneakily and gently though
    :blob_patpat: while patting the head
    :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

MaliMi likes this.
  19. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The ice spears flew towards the 3 burning figures and hit the intended targets head-on.
    Under the heat of the magical fires, The ice melted mid-flight and splashed them while raising clouds of vapor, obscuring my vision.
    Waiting for the vapor to clear up, I sat in silence in my sniping spot and kept an eye for any movements.
    While I was confident in this blow, one must never let down their guard in front of an enemy that isn't confirmed to be dead (thank you shounen anime).

Surprisingly, 3 figures rushed out of the cloud, 1 size smaller than before but still very much alive.....and angry.
    Now that I have a closer look at them, two of them are wolves, while one is a bigger wolf that seemed like a leader.
    It probably stood on two legs when I first saw it so I mistook it for a humanoid.
    The 3 wolves slowly advanced towards my position while carefully investigating the surroundings, probably following the trajectory of the ice spears I shot earlier.

I realized that staying in the same place is a bad idea and went around the houses using the holes in the fences between the backyards.
    I know these streets like the back of my hand, If I turn right here it should lead me to...... bingo! A water fountain right behind the 3 wolves.
    A head-on confrontation would be careless and stupid, hit-and-run tactics are the best solution for this kind of situation.

I sent my mana into the water fountain and manipulated the water inside of it to forms around a dozen water whips.
    4 whips per wolf.
    I controlled the whips to sneakingly draw close to the wolfs and restrain them in their place.
    One of the wolves sensed something wrong and turned around in time to dodge his 4 whips but the other two were caught.
    While letting the Alpha get away was too bad, I at least managed to retrain the smaller two for now.
    Killing them should be the priority, and then focus on the larger Alpha.
    The basics in warfare are to finish off the weak first to allow more leeway when facing the bigger ones.

First I ordered the remaining whips to assist in holding down the two captured wolves.
    Then I aimed several dozen large water spheres from the fountain and shot them at the immobilized pair.
    Faced with the bombardment, the two wolves yelped and started gradually shrinking (with the water whips gradually tightening their hold as not to become loose) until their flames completely went out and only a glowing core was left on the ground.
    Just to be sure I had the whips crush the cores to pieces.

A growl was heard from the remaining Alpha as he glared in anger in my direction.
    I guess he found my mana flow during his subordinates's "execution". Shit.
    The large Alpha wound up and started charging at full speed at my location.
    I didn't have time to think up or cast any water spells so I did what was natural.
    I raised up a space magic barrier.
    The alpha wolf crushed into the barrier at full speed, earning it a concussion.

Judging it to be the perfect opportunity, I lowered the barrier while backing away and used all of my remaining mana to bombard it with everything I have while he was still confused.
    I lost count how much water I shot at him from panic, but the bastard was still barely alive after all that.
    The core was clearly visible through his dimming body.
    I took out my wand of fire (average) and used it to hit the core with all my strength against the ground.
    It only showed a crack at first but after several attempts it finally broke down and the dim wolf figure dissipated.

I sat down on the ground and sighed in relief.
    I was out of mana and would rather not meet any more of these fire beasts so I headed home as soon as I rested enough to move my body.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Gotta give it to you."

Milla groaned as she delivered the tray of food to a certain oni.

"You are completely reckless. Dear Lord, it's been what, two hours? I've caught you trying to leave the room more than three times! I swear, I've seen less zealous Inquisitors in my time..."

"I don't really think of my actions as reckless, though. I mean, it might seem like mindless action to you, but for me, it's more of a few calculated risks."

"Breaking your ribs in a fight isn't and will never count as a calculated risk."

"...Ah? It won't?"

"...How did you survive this long with that misguided understanding?"

"Well, they do say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so I guess on that aspect, I'm plenty strong, eh. Ah! That reminds me..."

"I'm not gonna enjoy hearing this, am I...?"

"Say, Milla, are there any shops that sell alcohol nearby?"