LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If even a Number demon can be replace, why can't the 1st servant be replace too? Even Yura was once replace the servant position before, now it's that bit*h I can't remember the name. Even the highest position of Rebecca church, the Pope can be replace with Demian, Yatan Church should work the same. As long as the source of the power (Yatan and Rebecca) have not disappeared or seal then the Church will live forever.

2. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean Rose

3. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No I do mean Rebecca or the Rebecca Church. Her sin is probably something of either pride or sloth or something. She is likely one of the hit list of the 7 Malignant Saint. The most obvious example is like another guy said, She ignore corrupt popes and give them power while waiting for other to clean up the mess with quest. Basically she care more about gaining faith than correcting the wrong.

4. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you mean the servant replacement. My bad. When I read Rose, the first person I think of is Maria Rose (if that is the name of the vampire. I'm not even sure If I remember her name correctly)

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I clearly just explained why. The Yatan church is a personal project of the great demon running it. It is not an official church of Yatan that Yatan set up. There is no guarantee that any other great demon will take up the position if he dies. If he's replaced by a random human then there's no real strong connection to Yatan there. The great demon was the one giving them power.

Comparing his position to the pope or Yura is a bad comparison. It would be more like replacing Grid in the Overgeared Kingdom.

6. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda think Irene might pressure grid to marry again soon, maybe Basara?

7. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please. If we talking purely about replacing grid for a kingdom, there are others like Ares is more than enough to replace him. Also even if the demon is the one giving the power, the power is still Yatan's since when grid receive the blessing for Pagma's metal (can't remember again), the system clearly say it is Yatan's blessing and not a demon's. Which mean the demon only act as a medium for Yatan's power therefore someone or something else (there are more than just demon race in this story) can take his place. Instead of other great demon take over, I think the Yatan church remain would then turn another NPC or a player into a demon and take over instead. They clearly did try to corrupt Yura before, there is nothing stopping them in doing so.

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    And how well would Ares taking over go? Half the guild would probably leave and it would probably fall apart. Most of the players joined based on the idea of Overgeared equipment. I could see an adult Lord taking over but anyone else is questionable.

The medium that can likely only be filled with a great demon or one of equivalent power and not just a random demon. Thus the Yatan church wouldn't be able to create one. Otherwise why bother summoning great demons if you can just make them?

9. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The probability of him marrying again is honestly extremely low due to his incessant loyalty to his family as seen by his reaction to losing Khan had affected him mentally and physically, which if I'm not mistaken was in game and in real life. Although, it is possible that she herself might encourage him to but the probability of him doing so isn't all that great. If he did then it would be certainly very interesting to see who he would pick. I for one would think that Basara would be a pretty cool pick just for the unity of the Overgeared Kingdom and the Empire but then again, the probability of that happening is not great.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He should just have another kid with her.

11. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see her pressuring Grid in to it to the point that he tries it just to make her happy. Irene is beyond perfect, but very mortal, I think that was her main argument last time it got brought up.

12. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    But would he marry another NPC again though? Now that he has taken consideration of their limited lifespans compared to Players (E.g. Choosing the difference race for his title ala Hao's dragonic form).

I don't think he would willingly go through another case of his lover aging and dying before him again, when Irene dies of old age

13. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    What iBaka said is what I'm trying to convey. Irene will most definitely try to encourage him to take another lover(or wife. I've only seen lover thus far.) In fact she finds it strange how he doesn't have multiple wives/lovers. But the reason that he doesn't isn't her but rather himself. He sees it as disloyal. The issue in this case isn't Irene but rather Grid himself. Grid has emotional attachment to the NPCs because they are as real (in his eyes) as his other friends are. Which brings up the point that. While yes, the probability of Irene encouraging another wife or lover is probable, the chance of him actually taking one is unlikely due to the emotional trauma that he will probably experience. While I for one am rooting for Basara and Grid because it would increase the power of the Overgeared Kingdom immensely, I doubt it will happen. Not to mention, I don't know if Basara wants to marry Grid. She is the Empress of the Empire now, and she obviously wants a good relationship with the Overgeared Kingdom but I don't know how far marriage goes.

14. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is the point of growth for Grids interpersonal relationships and also my own personal hopes.I hope that Irene will convince Grid to take another lover or wife, helping him through his trauma he has with IRL women, and opening the door to the Yura+Jishuka triad ship!

15. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. To be honest, I think he's getting over it just by the fact that he has Jishuka and Yura. I'm not too sure but I mean. I also hope for a triad. Although, I doubt very seriously that he will have another lover like Irene. The reason being is that Irene went all this way with him. She was there before he grew. Any women who come along now might only want to marry because of his position. That can be traumatic. He won't want to marry for position like I want him to.

TheHoblit likes this.
  16. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    Both Yura and Jishuka have known of him or been around him just as long, the only difference is Irene got married to him. neither of them would want to be with him for his position, but I can see that fear arising if anyone else tried to approach him. That would probably be a barrier if Basara entered the picture though.

17. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    My point for people wanting him for his status was in terms of NPCs. Yura and Jishuka are the only two who stand a chance as a love interest for Grid IRL in my opinion. I'm only discussing in game right now. Every NPC right now that would want to marry Grid would only want him for his status and that would not be something that he wants. I believe that extends even to Basara.

TheHoblit likes this.
  18. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah thats what i said

19. Grynthax

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. You said that Neither Yura or Jishuka would want him for his position but they're not necessarily NPCs so they aren't really applicable.

20. Lmaster

Lmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, but I think Basara is already married, in chapter 1040 it says "There was such nobility that even her husband did not freely hold her hand.", but I didn't read after the fight against berith so I'm out of date.
    And on the subject of the yatan church mentioned above, remember that the leader is amoract "The Great Demon of Conflict" and that he tried to manipulate muller to kill the vampire rose, we don't know yatan's personality so the church might be the same as that of Rebacca at the time of Pope Drevigo where the members receive the blessing of the god but do what is against his will, we do not know but I think the lack of direct appearance of yatan is probably not as obvious as being the guy evil and cruel that asks the followers to kill innocents and rather something out of the ordinary like him being a nice guy, maybe he's just taking a nap of about 400 years and knows nothing.

(Sorry, Using Translator ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯)