Request Skills You Can Learn Quickly To Be A Freelancer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Of the top of my head, translating. The speed of learning is dependent on whether you already know a second language.
    What about computer related skills that people can learn and start working on learn in about 3 months.
    What programming languages and/ certifications do you recommend?
    @lnv
    I am looking to sponsor people to earn a living.
    Teach a man to fish they say. Teach them Chinese in this case or teach them C++ :blobowoevil_horns: @userunfriendly
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers!

Fulminata likes this.
  2. Ghost9029

Ghost9029 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Python..
    Especially how to use python for data science as it is an emerging field in developing countries..

Slayerwolfx2 and Wujigege like this.
  3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    Tutor/Editor/HTML

Wujigege likes this.
  5. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you can write some code by doing a bootcamp or something in 3 months but that won't be enough to be a free lancer programmer, no offense. If you want something, I'd say spend some more time, go to a trade school for a year and get into the trades. They pay well and often have unions to ensure you aren't stiffed

Slayerwolfx2, Jojo775, Geor and 4 others like this.
  6. AerynW

AerynW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason...I completely read the title as, "Skills You Can Learn Quickly To Be A Freeloader."

7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    copywriting is probably the easiest for people who already have experience and a background in writing. takes very little to learn and can have very good rewards.

but it IS according to your ability to bring in sales.

it's treated as a high-income skill, that can earn you anywhere from pennies to thousands of pounds monthly.

if we are talking coding, then java, c#, javascript. all are well sought, same for python and ruby.
    the biggest earnings here will be those looking to become network security experts, the market is severely lacking and so if you show real skill, top companies will look to snatch you up with a pretty hefty contract plan.

8. Gihn

Gihn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cooking.

Slayerwolfx2, GonZ555 and Wujigege like this.
  9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Learning programming also depends on if you already know another language. Because the fundamental is understanding the basic logic of programming. I can to some extent read programming languages I've never dealt with simply based on understanding programming logic (unless they are doing something really crazy, then you might not even understand it even if you know your own language)

Overall, it is most important to understand WHAT you plan to do once you learn programming. There is desktop programming, there is server side programming, there is mobile programming, there is web programming, there is webapp programming, there is game programming, there is kernel programming and etc.

If you want the most versatility without the difficulty, javascript is probably the easiest way to go.

Why?

1) Javascript has the most documentation of pretty much any language, and it is much easier to get help when you need it

2) You don't need much tools to work with javascript, you can work with it anywhere there is a browser. That is not to say tools aren't worth using, just you can play around with it quite easily wherever.

3) Javascript is compiled in realtime so you can experiment with changes without having to go back and forth

4) Javascript can do server programming through node, it can do desktop programming through things like electron, it can do mobile programming as well and obviously web and webapp programming. You can also do game programming (not that I suggest it, but its possible through canvas and/or webgl)

So I say go with javascript.

10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I will be locking up some dudes in my bunker to learn Java and copywriting for a few months.
    Thanks to everyone for the replies.
    Cheers!

11. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Construction labourer

ExcitableFoci, asriu, UnGrave and 3 others like this.
  12. keitachan

keitachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the skills they already have and their interests and aptitudes. It's hard to teach a man to fish if he has no interest in fishing.
    Start by looking at top 20 virtual jobs then break it down to those easily learnt, etc.

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    '
    Just an fyi, javascript and java are 2 different programming languages. ECMAScript is javascript's official name that no one uses.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Java =/= JavaScript btw. Is it really java you chose?

Wujigege likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I re read your first post and realized that.
    Thanks anyway.

16. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Get mining, construction and logistics certification instead. They don't run out of job even in recession.

17. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    1. There literally exists not a single javascript compiler... since you don't compile it...

2. Javascript is probably the worst language you can recommend when someone wants to start programming... Since javascript was never ment to be a standalone language... Yes node.js exists, no it's not a good idea to start with it... It's basically a hack for web developers that are too lazy to learn a second language... (camouflaged and advertised as "agile programming" since you "don't need" any new skills)

Get some good foundations with C# as it's very well documented and more likely than not you are using Windows anyway for easy integration. Even Java can screw you over if you don't really know what you are doing, since it heavily relies on community libraries and everyone has it's own idea on how things should be. Meaning the same task is done completely different in 2 different libraries.
    Not to mention the need for Build Management for anything that has more than 2 Classes...

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you recommend at online course that is good for beginners?

19. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Write gay erotica on Amazon, one of the best paying genre's I think. Just takes a bit of writing skill and I'd assume some interest in the topic I'd guess.

20. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would start simple and go to the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN in short) and take a look. There is a official C# Tutorial from Microsoft, the complete language documentation as well as Blogs from Microsoft Developers that publish their tutorials and guides, or to some extend give in depth explanations on why certain Classes are implemented the way they are.

For any more detailed questions asking (and searching!) on Stack Overflow is a good idea, the guys over there are awesome.