Spoiler The Villain’s Mother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-villains-mother/
    This is sweet and fluffy novel. Original host is selfish who love herself more, she see first husband as cash machine. First husband ML is decent and responsible guy. He is good father. Can't wait for Mc to charm ML and dote on cute son. Hope someone spoiler. Gotta read it now.
    Description
    Upon waking up, Ruan Xia had transmigrated into a webnovel that she had stayed up all night to finish reading. She had become the villain’s mother.

In the novel, after the death of her first husband, the original owner of the body had hooked up with a Mr. Perfect at the fastest possible speed. Worried and discontent that her son from her first marriage would become a burden on her, she heartlessly abandoned her son.

Having once held the best quality script and informed of future events, Ruan Xia looked at her still alive first husband as well as her future villain son. She sighed. She wanted to apply for a different script!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    nowaynoway, lostross, Laerta and 17 others like this.
  2. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    I am current at 28 chapter, very slowly relationship develop between mc and her husband, stranger to normal conversation.Their married life is loveless but they respect each other, sleep separated room. Mc prevent accident omen that kill husband. Like their interact
    This is slow romance, it's also great novel. First husband is decent, loyal, even though he may not love his wife but he is very loyal and responsibility, know to keep distance from women. He is good father who love and dote his son and give best to him. Like how mc trying to became perfect mother for her son.
    But I like most is smart and sensitive son. He is good child, I feel sad for him

Don't like Li Jing who trying seduced or entangle mc's husband and trying to make mc misunderstood that she is his mistress. Fortunately, mc isn't stupid, she don't care about it or doesn't believed her.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    lostross, JoshyM62, LokaLari and 30 others like this.
  3. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is the first husband ML?? And did they have a kid when they sleep in separate room??

LokaLari likes this.
  4. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    The original host somehow tricked ML into a one night stand after a party. ML knew what she was doing but after years of controlling himself, he let go. Told himself after getting married that all decisions have a price to pay. He got married to original host cause she got pregnant and didn’t want baby out of wedlock. After marriage, the two basically ignored each other and went on living separate lives. Original host treated ML as a cash machine.

lostross, LokaLari, Sumoliz and 22 others like this.
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How’s MC treating the son?

LokaLari likes this.
  6. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    At first a little standoff ish because she doesn't know how to be a mom. She's also distance because she doesn't have memory of giving birth to him so there's no instant connection or love, but she thinks he is very cute. So, in MC's words, she's like an aunt with him, taking him out for fun stuff. She also lets him sleep with her even though he goes to bed early and wakes up early while she's a typical late night owl. (She's also pegged him as a little intelligence officer, reporting her moves to ML hehe.) Over time as she develops a stronger bond with him and starts to really act like a good mom.

The son is 4 years old btw. Too young to really understand the original owner's neglect and easily fooled by adults. Original owner's parents and ML have been hiding the neglect, saying things like original owner is really busy with work, really tired, etc. So the son is still a very cheerful, loving kid.

lostross, LokaLari, Sumoliz and 29 others like this.
  7. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So the hubby and wife later on fall in love and the kid is no longer a villian?

LokaLari likes this.
  8. fox23

fox23 Digging Pits

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like that from what I've read. I don't even know what the kid will be a villain for... or what he even did in the novel within the novel.

LokaLari, Poor_Hero and soie_yoie like this.
  9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    This ML is so dreamy. The only thing I'm miffed about is the 11 year age difference, but it makes sense in the story, so I'll take it this time. He's obviously more mature and acts his age, so there's that too. I kinda started falling in love with him at the same pace with the MC, lol. The more you know him and witness his actions, the more you'll like him. He's like an overgrown puppy who lacks affection. The moment MC showed some good will toward him, he started considering how to better their relationship, how to fall in love, etc. Literally, a cake and noodles bought him off. *wipes off a tear* He's raised the bar for other novels' ML's now, haha...

Also, he's very responsible. Since he has a child, he does his best to secure a good home for him. He doesn't give any chances for third parties. He doesn't speak badly of his child's mother to his friends or anyone - which doesn't let any nasty gossip spread about her, other than people's own guesses. For the four loveless years with the original host, although he was alienated, he never lashed at her in any way. I mean, I can think of other novels with similar premise with far less mature male leads... You can tell the author is also a more mature person who doesn't just want to write harlequin-like drama.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    lostross, LokaLari, Riroza18 and 46 others like this.
  10. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too! Other than the age difference, I like everything about this novel. I wish the mother could have been a little bit older when they had their son. At least the author doesn't make it fetishy.

11. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    I am satisfied reading this kind of novel, and also the author's note in the ending of novel is worth to read. love the author writes this kind of MC's development so much XD also, the son is getting smarter lol

12. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After your spoier I wanna read immediately. I am so done with childish ml's I need more mature and calm characters in the novels.

13. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol
    Idk if i would have liked this more as a tv drama. Maybe i would understood the situation more.

Ml and mc seems like pretty good ppl.

Some things i just thought was a bit wierd.

Riroza18, Poor_Hero and Alina Moktan like this.
  14. hoshikudaki

hoshikudaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting! Any spoiler on how MC's and ML's relationship develops?

IndusEla, Venice1 and Blood A like this.
  15. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The development between the ml and fl is ...... slow. Two indifferent people with independent personalities falling in love.
    The Love happens near the end of the story.

Frankly, I don’t think the ml raises the bar for other leads. This is a very rational ml. The only feelings that he shows is toward the “family” and mainly his son.

If he was more emotionally and willing to be with the fl in the beginning, I don’t think he would have had such a loveless marriage. His stance made the fl act as she did.

The original fl is also very realistic. The feeling given off from the original fl memories show to me that if the ml acted better, the fl would have done the same. So this is not just an egotistical fl who only wants money. She knows she is beautiful, she knows the world sucks, she just wanted to be free from want as a certain Jane Austen character stated.

With all the big bad wolves trying to catch her even without her doing anything, it does make sense for her to be this way. Remember that this fl is not some super smart person or martial artists or rich lady of a powerful family. This is a normal person trying to survive in this horrifying world with a beauty that makes people want to become criminals.

Even the transmigrated person mentions how strong the original fl was.

This is a guess but I think the original fl and fl swapped. Their personalities are similar in some sense and the original loves how the other lives so does not want to go back.

LokaLari, Riroza18, Bella94 and 27 others like this.
  16. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    I dissagree.

Although im not gonna say this is an amazing novel. I did drop it half way.

Maybe you can expand of whe original point on views. I could be wrong and there was more flash back that explained her behavior.

Ml does care for his son, but he also really desperately wanted a family. Both his parents died. He worked hard to become successful and he never thought about females or thought of pursuing them because he wanted a career.

By the time he was successful and 30, he looked back and he didnt know how to pursue a femail till the original host came into his life.

(Idk if they changed the storyline but up till chapter 40 this has been repeated over and over again)

The original host use to work at his office and she was the one to pursue ml and trick him. Ml didnt want his son to be born out of wedlock so he married original host. Ml took all responsibilities. He take care of her parents (buy them a house), original host never had to work or take care of her kid, and ml was the one to take care of the son (plus babysitter)

Original host didnt like the kid. Even when her son clung to her. She would always drop him off at her mothers and partied. She told ml she hated kids.

It was original host who wanted the loveless marriage. She told ml what she wanted so thats why they both are married on paper but never slept together for 4 yrs. They were basically strangers.

When mc came into the picture and was a loving mother and became a caring wife (made him a b-day cake). Ml stated in his thoughts that although hes only acted as a loving hubby for his son. He never had family love (after his parents died) so he at least wanted to give that loving family to his son. Also after everything happened. Ml wanted to really have a loving family with a loving wife.

Ml's friends are getting older with family of thier own so they became more and more busy. So ml was also a bit loney.

I have to say. It wasnt that ml wanted to be cold or anything to original host. Original host stated she wanted this type of marriage and ml agreed.

You have to cut him some slack. Ml has spent all his life working. He's not experienced in the matters of love. When his family passed away, he lost the loving family. There was also an incident where ml could have cheated (girl loved him onesidedly). Ml doesnt even care for her. Ml also said he doesnt need to explain it to his wife cus she doesnt care. Ml didnt want to bring in strangers/unknown ppl into the mix. So ml was willing to live a single-like life.

I think this is why ppl like ml so much. He always puts everyone before himself (except outsiders). He takes responsibility for everyone and he was willing to live a loveless/sexless life because thats all he's ever known.

Its true original host was just a normal women living in a (possible harsh) world, but she didnt have to treat her son the way she did. She eyed ml and schemed to trap him. Ml would have never looked at her twice. Just because some ppl can be vicious and scheming, doesnt mean EVERYONE is doing it.

So because there are bad ppl in the world she had to become one of them? Idk. This would have been a good argument if ml was also a scheming bad person, but hes not. Hes very innocent.

Its one thing to be strong and its another thing to give up your integrady and morality to join the scheming ppl. After that you are no longer an innocent person. You have become the very person u dispised.

Also mc had dreams that original host was happier somewhere else and didnt want to come back. She had no problems with leaving her parents who really cared for her or her son, who desperately wanted her love.

17. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand your point but I stand by what I said.

The original was not a saint. That is shown through the memories but she is not evil. Ad long as she was taken care of, she was happy.
    This is a story of two different people with issues. There are no Superman or superwoman here, you notice that auto correct made the Superman in caps but superwoman is lower case....

The imperfection goes both ways so I don’t see why all the blame should be on the original fl.

If you have not finished the novel, you should at least finish it and look at the memories that the fl shows as well as her perspective on the original.

The original seem to go as far as what the other is willing to give and not ask for more. She does have a limit to how much she is willing to give but here is where I think it really depends on the ml. You can’t expect the fl to act like a love struck damsel like other novels.
    This is the main point. Why should the fl be the one always going for the ml??? If she does not, she is bad? Ml had the chance but blew it. He got another chance with the transmigration. So it can be considered a reset for him since this fl was willing to try and this changed the ml.

This is a matter of perspectives. You give all these reasons for why the ml didn’t do the right thing but don’t care at all for the fl. What you said for the ml is right but look at the perspective of the fl and you can understand her choices even though you don’t agree with them.
    For me, this is a 3. There is something missing for this to be a romance. The love here is very very light.

18. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this thread and decided to MTL it since it sounded so cute. It was a very refreshing read. ML and MC are similar in that they are very straightforward people who are able to act maturely and communicate. I see people complaining abt the age gap and I just want to roll my eyes bc honestly 11 years isn't that massive of a difference and since these two are similar in their emotional maturity, there's no imbalance in their relationship.
    Anyway, the first step is what ML takes: after he notices the change in MC and how differently she's treating their son, he says that he will give her a house a car ANYTHING as long as she can act like they have a good husband wife relationship with the son. Before, he was fine being cold with her but after her change he sees just how much little bun has been lacking in the familial love department. ML tries his best but he can't replace a mother or a loving family's atmosphere. MC's like dw dude, I'll cooperate, you give me so much already I don't need anything else for now. So they start being more familiar with each other. For ex, MC is taking baking classes and now regularly bakes him sweets to take to work or in front of the son and his goading (why aren't you holding mom's hand? why don't you sleep in the same bed? why did mom give me a kiss and not you dad?) they have more physical contact too and get closer together.

ML also really just opens himself to MC. I admire this MC way more than the annoying CEO second generation rich-arrogant-male leads. This ML is humble, his parents died when he was young and the inheritance was stolen by his aunt who basically made him feel like a burden even when they were using HIS money. When he went to university, he had to work himself to the bone just to pay rent and eat food. He really put everything he had to get to where he is now and it forced him to grow up earlier and see things very pragmatically. MC is pretty touched being allowed to see this side of himself and admires him a lot. She curses the author for letting this hardworking, decent man die a horrible death in the original novel after everything he's been through.

19. Venice1

Venice1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What ever happens to ‘Mr. Perfect’?

LokaLari likes this.
  20. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol sorry before i start. I just want to say. Im not attacking you. This is just my opinion. Very insignificant, but just my thoughts. If you are interested.

I will not be finishing this because its not my cup of tea. I may not have the same views as you, but there are cerrtain aspects to this novel i am not happy with.

Also i also want to mention. I never said she was a bad person for not persuing ml. I never said she was evil. Also there is a reason why i give slack to ml instead of original host.

When you talk about the original host and her persective, its very vauge. I dont understand why she did what she did because you didnt explain it and i never read it. If you gave more details, maybe i can come to understand it.

Original host didnt have to persue the ml, but ml doesnt have to persue him either.

If original host never made the moves, they would not have been in this predicament. Ml was the victim in this.

You can't put them on the same boat. I said ml is inexperienced in love because he lost his parents at a young age. Plus ml had always ignored girls to persue his career, then he was already 30. You cant say the original host. She had a loving family. She just didnt love them because i think she was ashamed of her dad.

Also another thing is she made the moves but didnt want to take responsibility for her actions. For ml, this was unintentionally but he took full responsibility for everyone. He took care of everyone.

Original host didnt even attend family dinners with her own parents. Only the ml did (of course with the kid.)

Also its not the kids fault that he was born. Ml knows this so he gives the son 100% love. While original host ditches the kid whenever she can.

I cant say i dislike original host (because this is just a story. Shes not real), but i do dislike her decisions.

Regardless of her thoughts. She should take responsibility for her actions like the ml.

You say i favor the ml and yeah i do. I like a guy who takes responsibility. Even if he didnt rock the boat, hes willing to do whats right after the damage. Lol that deserves a thumps up.

Lol we can say well original host doesnt take more than she needs, but with ml. She never had to work. She never wanted to go into the kitchen. She had a babysitter, a maid and she had a card ml pays for.

Even with her perspective. Idk if i can accept it because she heavily depends on him and he works to provide for her family, her, and the kid.

He actually gets nothing in return. Its not like she cooks for him or takes care of the kids. She went and partied. I mean what did she do for the relationship or for the family?

You seem to care about the original host and not care for ml. Lol