Discussion Is killing really that hard?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by 911, Sep 4, 2019.

1. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    manly because from what i have seen it is a response to the white supremacist. You don't have black supremacist without white ones. Now you can point to religion but the catholics were the worst and cause the muslims to become shitty.

2. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to think about it,even if you kill people as long as you do it discreetly and hide the evidence it won't bite you back.

Rather,if someone who kills still think about regret after killing someone,they're gonna be dead anyway.

Good men dies young afterall

Effugium likes this.
  3. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget the question, are you really capable killing physically ?

4. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    This!!!! No one seems to be able to think out of the box or the root of the problem, killing is not hard, our current society is what shapes the thinking that killing is hard, because we live in a somewhat peaceful society, a few hundred years ago killing was not frowned upon, even more the fact of you being skillful at it would make people aplaud you, because those were turbulent times and life was really cheap, it depends on the perspective of the person, for example if you put someone of this current society in another world (isekai-ish) where life is cheap, there is a chance that he may be a little traumatized bcuz the current society deem the act of killing another human as barbaric, horrible etc etc, but if you were to put for example a Japanese dude from the 1500-1600 era in said isekai world the dude wouldn't have such moral issues

5. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    All of you played too much videogames and read too much novels, you guys become violent now

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you never read the stories on this site to not notice Chinese superiority? Catholics being the worst is completely arbitrary nonsense. I don't even see how religion was brought up but it's not like Catholics were the worst regardless. It's also ridiculous to completely blame them for Muslim behavior. Sure the West messing around may have kicked off terrorist behavior but how much of that crazy stuff like revenge rape and honor killings were going on before that happened that nobody noticed?

7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sick in the head so my opinion isn't to be viewed as normal. I saw so many dead and messed up things that maybe, just maybe, I'll at most vomit when I killed someone but get used to it after a while.
    "ViDeO gAmE cAuSeS vIoLeNt." The mom then proceeded to hit the child until he cried.

8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone on television once say, human is the most unique creature because they can kill their kin without (enough) reason while animal kill for food
    Aside from that it's easy imagine to kill people however when the day come, most human actually cannot kill people, it's just like there is barrier preventing the job and if this barrier broken, this (accidentally or intentionally) killer will not hesitant to do the kill again. Best example like gambling, the first time you only try however for some people they only realized they become addict after very late

In the novel, it's actually simple especially if the world is the dog eat dog world or death is just common thing so seeing death happen will not affect your mental (the feeling already dumb or it just Tuesday for me). If you don't die, i die (kill for survive or keep the family safe from bad guy)

In the real world, it's become complicated because human become too accustomed with the pampered life. Example the modern man seeing chicken getting slaughtered (cooking process) already make the face pale and want to vomit, well for the strong heart this modern man sissy act will make them laugh. Seeing chicken die already like this how can he survive if this modern man fall into war zone or isekai-ed just right into the war between human vs maou (defying the logic why weak heart beta dense mc can survive and become oree tueee)

About the reason thing
    Normal human : No matter how many reason you give, he/she should not be able to kill
    Killer : Give me enough reason and i will kill for ya
    Psycho : Please give me reason to kill, i beg you even just one small reason is enough or i kill you...oops! my knife! who put it into your stomach??

9. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on how much empathy you have?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Only in self-defense.

11. JustPassingBye

JustPassingBye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your ideologies.

Just a little bit of brainwashing can easily remove the guilt of killing someone.

Race , Sex , Religion or Age it doesn't really matter who you kill as long as it's bound to your ideologies whether it's for worldpeace or whatnot you wouldn't give a fuck about their opinion , For you killing them would be justified.

With how much dumb people right now combined with advanced technologies nowadays it became much more easier to brainwash people using propagandas.

12. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Your moral value prevents you from easily killing other people.

Human are natural born killer. Ask a 3yo old kid to kill a dragonfly and they could easily tore it to pieces.
    Then ask a highschooler to do the same and they'll hesitate.

Because the part that forbid you from wantonly killing the others are a set of “upheld justice” implanted on your brain by our society.

…if you ask whether I will feel remorse on killing people, then it depend on the subject.
    I'm a hypocrite, so whether they're killable or not depends on my personal judgement… and my mood.

13. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    …in my case, it wasn't like that.
    I remember starting to fantasize on how to kill human since I was a grade schooler. Think of it as a youthful mistake. Like, “assassin looks cool” or something like that.

… a decade later I realized my… youthful mistake haven't stopped at all. Also, I finally understand I did it not because it looks cool, but because I can relate to it.

So I decided to face it and now I've come to term with it.

People often mixed up psychopathic tendency with sociopathic tendency. Mine is P, and I loathe the S because they're so egocentric it disgusts me.

14. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't kill me :sweating_profusely:

15. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know how it would feel to kill as much as I want without any legal repercussions. Something like The Purge.

nuubman likes this.
  16. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would kill if it is beneficial for me, especially if the pros outweigh the cons, common example is if it is for self-defense or to survive.

It is interesting to think about the justification of killing but I feel like there is a more important question, as Joey said, murder doesn't have to be close and personal as you described. The way humans evolved, we feel more emotion about thing that we experience directly or closer to us while not so much when it happens far away or very indirect from our experience despite it being basically the same thing, for example, if you see kid drowning in a pond and you wear a thousand dollar shoes most people would save the kid despite the risk of ruining the expensive shoes yet when given the option of donation 10-50$ a year to save one child lives somewhere in third world country how many people actually do it?

The same with killing/murder, corruption by politicians of millions if not billions of dollar, that money could be used to saves thousands of peoples life yet they, and most people don't think of it the same as those corruptors killing thousands of people, how many of them will shot a child in the head to get like say, 10 million dollar? not many I assume, despite the effect of taking the money anyway, or might actually kill more people, this also shows in our justice system, stealing billions of dollar? twenty years, though they prob end up released in 10. But killing dozen of babies? life in prison, or maybe even a death sentence. Is this justice? is this fair? Is an opportunity cost when it comes to human lives doesn't matter? What's the difference between direct or indirect murder? Can they get away with saying that they never thought about the consequence of their action, in this case, indirectly causing many people to die when they could survive? Is our feeling justified? Can we rely on emotion? Is the feeling of guilt of the murderer/killer justified when the indirect murderer that cause so much more harm did not share the same experience/feeling because of how humans evolved?

So yea, killing is not difficult as people did it all the time, if you could convince yourself about the moral and psychological side of things like not even bother thinking about the consequence of your action which directly or indirectly kill innocent people, it is only difficult if you are not used to it and or a good logical person. And I think Justification is just fancy word to cover the ugly truth, it is never reasonable, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do regardless, justification is just something that help you to have conviction and strengthen your mind or the result of it, hard to say which one comes first, as for me, I would still call that an excuse.

Anyway, this is an incredibly complex topic and required an equally complex explanation, I'm just summarized what I know and point out the important part, you better read some book and learn more about human psychology, sociology, philosophy etc if you want to learn more about how human work.

17. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean war? Yea I would love to experience how it feels like to be a hero in a war, because the more you kill your enemy the bigger hero you are in your team perspective, though you would look like satan form your enemy perspective, those "hero" if they don't think too much probably also think themselves as Hero so their killing is justified while thief that rob a person and killed them is a criminal despite killing less

So yea, depend if you are self-conscious about your action or not you probably feel good about killing without any legal repercussions, cool aint it

edit: My point is, killing, murder, justified or unjustified is all a matter of perspective, the same act in a different context will have a completely different meaning, human smh

18. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    Not specifically war. Killing in general. Like if I walk the streets and feel like killing a random.

I don't care about being a hero. Do you? Is becoming a hero a normal desire? :blob_tilt:

Lurking likes this.
  19. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look up the golden age of muslims and then look at the dark ages with the Catholics.

20. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about you look up the Arab slave trade if you think that medieval Muslims were such great people until they were corrupted by Catholics.