LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have a theory that the only reason Van isn't a god is because he hasn't died yet. All those heroic spirits and whatnot generally ascend after they're freed from their meatsuits to become spiritual entities.

Brago130sf and Bondage Radish like this.
  2. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only that but each of them have help from a god to become a familiar spirit. Van on the other hand is elivating himself to a godly position without the help of other gods.

3. bloodemon666

bloodemon666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing it's that metamorph or whatever they called her who got drugged into losing her identity

4. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its possible. heinz got the title inside the labyrinth and selena is still outside the labyrinth waiting for them.

5. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it'll work on her. I think it will only work on those who know about the Holy Mother.

6. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you both forget that we already got an explanation for the title in chapter 197?

7. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I truly wish to see Heinz dead... Ah.... Or at least I want Van to crush his soul to pieces so Alda and the other gods will go into panic mode.

8. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. Yes of course. How could I forget? I think I am getting old. Van-sama needs to perform the reverse aging on me.

Paps likes this.
  9. Bondage Radish

Bondage Radish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can’t win, Alda.

If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Tilgarial, anon and Brago130sf like this.
  10. Tensoku

Tensoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Amemiya would be in opposition to Van because he "thinks death magic shouldn't exist". That might be all it takes. Otherwise I wonder what else might go down.

11. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    He'd have to kill his own daughter if the thinks that.

Brago130sf likes this.
  12. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why was he trying to save the 8th Guidance members rather than kill them?

13. Tensoku

Tensoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be the case, huh...
    Hmm. I think his views on death magic changed after he heard how rampant everyone was to use it. How much influence it had on the people. That raid on 8th guidance also influenced his views on how destructive death magic could be.
    8th guidance were people Amamiya saved. Since Amemiya couldn't save Amamiya, himself, he wants to save what the Undead did save, the 8th guidance. Maybe in his opinion they don't need to use death magic, just live.

14. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he has a clear cut between users and the attribute itself.
    Users are victims of the attribute and the only reason the attribute is bad, is the greed of the people.
    Because he can't get rid of the greed, he has to get rid of the attribute but it users are victims of it and need to be protected from the greed.
    That's how I view it, after all he is the type of hero that knows he can't change humanity that easily, learned it the hard way through the 8 guidance (what happened to them after they handed them over) , but wants to save as many as possible.

kari-no-sugata likes this.
  15. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Recently" in the Raws his exact position was stated, do do not click unless you want to be spoiled.
    He is not against the attribute existing, or people having it. His issue is the victims that are generated by people researching it, because every researcher seems to be an amoral slaver.

In a place like Lambda where there is no group able to research it other then the actual users, so it is not generating victims, and his issues will all be addressed.

16. VicJust

VicJust Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn!
    My hand is shaking from trying not to read that spoiler... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

17. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a major spoiler for Lambda, but one for Mei's circumstances. A number of us prior to that revelation already speculated that that reason was the case for Hiroto's strong views. There was already a high chance that Hiroto's family and Van would reconcile thanks to Mei's existence. The spoiler is just another step in that direction, nothing too major.

Another reason is that Hiroto is not like Heinz (a follower of Alda's common sense) and is more like a remorseful hero like Farmaun (well not exactly, but in some ways).

1. He has a real family to think about (Mei, his son, wife)
    2. He's an "invader" to Origin (not tied to ordinary common sense)
    3. Not as half-hearted as Heinz (Should know what real racism is and dark sides of humanity after experiencing it himself)
    4. He's not dense as other protagonists (although he is too trusting of Rikudou)

18. Startarrot

Reading List:
    Link
    In the case that Hiroto does know that mei is a death mage and van is protecting her, will rod leave those memories intact. It is stated that he can manipulate memories that go through his realm so deleting ones that make van look like a good person isn't off the table and it wouldn't be too far from his other methods.

19. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's only delete all or non, he is not able to fine tune it more than that. maybe someone of alda's subordinates can.
    I think that was in the last chapter or the one before it

ssj4maiko likes this.
  20. Startarrot

Reading List:
    Link
    No because he can erase the memories of the cycle of reincarnation. Remember how Venus (I think it was) had to use her memory ability to make her think of getting Van change her race. She didn't know why but she wanted to do it.

ssj4maiko likes this.