LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid still has a very powerful and rich position IRL mate. he practically rolled over Yuras' dad's company in a single phone call.

2. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Calling it rolling over is a fair statement but I also think it's a bit of a overstatement. Because while yes, he did literally force them to design and create a completely exclusive and top of the line car, just for him, he also got stuck into a contract just so that he could keep his friend. He does have a very rich and powerful position irl. But there is a concern that he may not be able to keep it forever. I'm discussing position as in his position as the King of the Overgeared Kingdom. In terms of NPCs, when Irene dies then there is very slim chances of him finding a new mate due to the fact that he is King and most likely won't want to marry someone just for their political standing. In Real Life however, he has Yura and Jishuka so he doesn't really need anyone else.

3. Redblue

Redblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm
    how many of you are Know of the first king?
    by that, I mean his Epics?
    for those who don't know, I am talking about Gilgamesh.
    I just notice how similar he is to Grid.
    Gil main sin was his arrogance aka pride and Grid is his greed
    he has thousands of sacred weapons in his inventory vs Gil and his gate of Babylon
    Gil is the only hero whose story isn't a legend but an epic(technically it is the collection of many epics)

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than feeling bad for Piaro, I'm feeling sorry for Povia. Jishuka rejected becoming her descendant last time she was mentioned, and backed out of their archery duel this time...

5. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought is was implied that grids second wife was mercedes way back? thought there was a moment where it was mentioned in future sense when mercedes klinda fell for grid... maybe I'm mixing something up

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bunch of crybabies. Grid did summon a knight. Piaro. They should have sent a message to Grid asking if he needs help rather than abandoning their quests at the drop of a hat. Grid didn't even really do much fighting.

7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching Kasim rages feels kinda bitter for me. Knowing to do the right (objective) thing and knowing to fucking slaughter the entire empire out of pure rage are the 2 difficult things faced by him. I mean seriously, the empire is inhumane to the point that it will probably take forever to clear up all the shits they caused for all those years.

8. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which was why I find it interesting how the author will clean all this up. The two extremes are either let Kasim go on a rampage separated from overgear or kill/abandon Kasim. The rest are middle ground where everything depend on negotiation to subside Kasim hate and anger.
    Can't wait to see how it will end. (cooking popcorn, waiting)

9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Brain cramp, sudden idea. Grid states as he becomes lvl 400, similar to the world's transcendant, he feels that space no longer constricts him and shunpo is possible, does that mean that the NPCs at the same level or higher also experience the space less constricting effect?

10. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what the difference between Piaro's Natural State skill and the War God's secret technique Natural State skill is.

I think you need to be both transcendent and at least level 400 to teleport without magic, or whatever it is they're actually doing, regardless of being a player or npc.

11. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The different is proficiency. Piaro's Natural State is just upgraded at intermediate level while I think War God's follower are at higher rank. The amount that they can accumulated at a time is different. I think if they both at the same level skill then there will be no different.

As the story keep going, I find that level is less and less of a main factor and real power depend more on control, skill level and the stage of being (i.e. Transcendent). I'm not saying high level doesn't mean a thing but as we saw from that 3rd (was it?, not sure) world competition, Kraguel after just change class into sword saint with level reset can still go toe to toe with Grid who still keep up on top ranking in level. Shunpo should be the same. As long as that player or npc get to a certain stage of being or learn the relate skill (My assumption is that there is more than one way to get to Shunpo) then Shunpo or Shunpo related ability should be usable. Level is just one of the factor that may be related to acquired it but I don't think level alone is enough to get to higher tier skills.

12. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also Lord sure take after his father! Keep seducing older men into his harem! XD

13. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder whether Oasis will have to beat prime Madra or another legend or beat red knights round II.

14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    And the name of the new material is....
    Brahamium????
    Brahium????

15. Kaiser Megami

Kaiser Megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please. A spoiler on the new material name.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Brahanium?

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why they try anymore. Have they been allowed to patch a single thing in the game so far?

18. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was said that Mercedes will be his wife, but not really the nominal order. Might as well be third or fourth

19. Ectcorray

Ectcorray Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Neat, the mineral has the effects of Grid's epics. Protagonist of Two Eras was something like "you will never die easily," so I guess Greed has a period of immunity before stiffening? Interesting.

All kinds of juicy tidbits in this chapter to think about. Khan's armor might break soon (has that period of minimal durability associated with a skill, so it'll probably happen sooner or later); Grid going back to Triple Layers a few chapters ago could be a hint at its lifespan. Grid re-using the pieces with his new metal should be interesting if it absorbs Khan's affection and poison.

20. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    Greed is a great name, really shows some character growth.

Shield Loyalist likes this.