LCD Fatal Shot

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Sep 6, 2019.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/fatal-shot/

[​IMG]

Yeah, this novel has a very low rating, even if it is from Qidian. Yet, it is growing on me.

This novel's gimmick is that it is focused on modern military firearms along with some sci-fi-ish stuff. The MC was transported into another world that has somewhat futuristic tech. He's playing in a new virtual reality MMO that features "fantasy weapons" that are identical to modern Earth military weaponry. Luckily, the MC was a private military contractor, aka mercenary, back on Earth.

There are only a few chapters so far (40+), so it is still establishing the setting and relationships, thus the writing is a bit stiff, but it reads well. In fact, it is a couple of magnitudes better than the only other firearm related story I've read here: Manuke FPS. My only negative for this story, is that so far, it is 99% in game. There have only been brief mentions of the real world, so not much world building yet.

I am hopeful that it will continue to get better.

2. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine getting transported into another world just to play a game LUL.

Haiku575 likes this.
  3. cosmicimmortal

cosmicimmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the raws of this and I loved it even though it was mainly in game, the characters are well thought out and I liked the game mechanics but it ends really abruptly which was frustrating and there are a few unresolved plot lines, but the novel itself was quite good, good enough for me to read until the end anyway.

One of the best sci-fi novels and since fantasy is so popular it's nice to see something different that's written well

4. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem or not? also some kind of plot armor bullshit?

5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of find it painful to read these kinds of stories. They often go on and on about how super their XYZ gun is and as long as you pull the trigger, even if you are aiming backwards between your legs with your left hand and looking at the sky, it'll still hit and the enemy will explode in a shower of confetti and fireworks.

Real life? I won't be surprised if only one out of 4 shots hit and that is already a good result. Remember the conclusion to the US's Project Salvo? At about 300m under combat stress, it can take 10,000 rounds to generate one hit.

6. cosmicimmortal

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no romance apart from some ambiguous feeling between some of the FLs but yeah the MC does always come out on top of any troubles he faces, now I think about it he's a little op nearer the end of the novel

7. cosmicimmortal

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's the thing with this type of book usually depending on how much I like the plot is how much I can ignore stupid game mechanics, I don't think fatal shot is too bad with the sniper

8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to point out in real life even snipers are human, they don't go for headshots in the face like TV shows seem to think.