Recommendations Updates

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Pannucci, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Pannucci

Pannucci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Havent really read anything on this site in the past 6 months minus a few things every now and then, any suggestions? (I am terribly far behind on Quidian Novels and wont touch any of thier originals unless they have a very high recommendation just because of the spirit stone BS they use). Regardless Originals are also valid options, mainly use RRL and thats about all ive read for most part in 6 months since I have been insanely busy. Would like something good cultivation wise if anything newish has started getting translated but thats mainly because I havent read anything decent in that genre in a while, sooo much bad stuff there and the good stuff started getting translated a while ago. Most categories are ok though although in general I avoid JP novels just because I hate the tropes in JP novels and they for the most part are pretty memey

2. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking at that, wasnt sure if I would like it though, my main concern is the fact it will be something like RTW which I personally hate.

5. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    its not kingdom building novel
    its supernatual novel
    nothing like RTW to be honest

6. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. NoLoliNoLife

NoLoliNoLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read qidian novels without ss by searching for them on other sites

8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Silver Overlord - it's paywalled in Qidian now. I've been reading it "elsewhere" and I really like it. The translations is great and it's very easy to read. The story flows well.

It's got cultivation, but this novel doesn't have the chronic copy and paste descriptions of the cultivation stages and realms, etc. that's typical of other novels. The MC needs to cultivate to get stronger, of course, but he just does the exercises and that's that.

One major gimmick of this novels is that:
    the MC dies in the Academy story arc. Yes, he got killed and buried. It was tragic.
    After he:
    resurrects
    he has access to:
    a dual time line
    which he inhabits alternatively, so there're basically 2 story lines in this novel. One is were he is an imperial soldier and in the other, he's a sect external disciple. Which is surprisingly is nice. There's world building for the two different settings with different types of problems and intrigues. When his progress in one story line slows to a grind, he switches and makes some progress in the other.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  9. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped RTW early so I don't know much about what you hate of RTW. But I can assure you lotm is not a kingdom building novel.

10. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    whelp I have read at least some of it, now the real question is why did I stop reading it and where did I leave off... Somehow didnt place the book until I started reading it though.