LCD I Really Want To Go Against The Sky

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-really-want-to-go-against-the-sky/

C1: ”You turned over in sleep, your body coordination improved, physical recovery +1.” Either that is a ridiculously generous system, or small numbers mean nothing...

“You bathed under the sun radiation for an hour with out any protective measure, your radiation resistance is strengthened, photosynthesis +1, psionic +1[1].” Photosynthesis? So, if he spends enough time outside, he won't need food anymore? Or will he need to eat the minerals and whatnot that plants absorb through their roots?

”You have been breathing contaminated air for an hour, your lung capacity has increased, toxic resistance +1.” So, no downside to inhaling poison for an hour?

So, he really is being cooked by radiation and choked by pollution, but he's getting the same gains from resisting it as rolling over in his sleep? This system needs a balance update...

“Come, come, Gao teacher, don’t be polite with me. I will have him apply for the transfer, as long as you nod, I sign my consent, I Huang Zhong am absolutely unambiguous!” lol. That'll teach him to mock sarcastically ;)

I wonder if the MC will be able to turn things around in under a month, or if he'll wind up graduating a loser and shocking the world with his talents later on. I'm leaning towards the former, but honestly hoping for the latter.

C2: "Lazy like a pig…ah! I’m really blessed!" lol. I get the feeling that he won't be a hardworking protagonist ;)

"Isn’t it just a change of body? What’s there to fuss about?" Wow. That's some adaptability he got there...

C3: "Also, there are 30 teachers on the test site for rescue, but none near him. Is this not bad luck then what?" Um, good planning?

I wonder if they tried to kill because he lacked talent, because he liked the class idol, or for some new and original reason that I haven't seen twenty bagillion times before?

C4: “Huang teacher you just said you will transfer Yang Fan to my class, please submit the transfer application as soon as possible, this student I want!” lol. This guy is shameless ;)

That aside, why don't they think that he's just cheating and somehow smuggled a psionic stone or w/e into the test?

C5: "Yang Fan’s repair till today." I really wish I knew what the translator thinks "repair" means. Physique maybe?

"Yang Fan tried to take two steps and perform human-level martial arts" Is stealing martial arts not a crime in this world? Or has he forgotten that he's being recorded?

C6: "I suggest that you immediately report him to the Supervision Office and ask them to thoroughly investigate Yang Fan! ” Such a reasonable and realistic response. I wonder if they'll want to dissect him to figure out how he's growing so fast?

Though, having a reputation like that is an extremely bad idea for an investigative department. It makes people unwilling to work with you and creates more problems than it solves.

I didn't expect the teachers to actually die. I guess its because they saw the MC's abnormality and were planning to react to it in a non-beneficial way.

C7: This system feels a bit too OP. I mean sure, it's not instant OP, but its close enough.

So, will the human government not retaliate for this attack? If not, then how has humanity survived so long?

C8: Well, didn't see that coming. I guess they had no faith whatsoever in their government's ability to avenge and rescue them. How did they even manage to build a city of four million if humanity is so weak?

C9: Wasn't expecting him to turn into a ghost borg hivemind thing. I wonder how much of himself he'll retain, and if he'll ever be human again. Or sane for that matter.

C10: I'm having a hard time grasping the genre of this novel... Was that a vision of the future so that he could strengthen humanity prior to the apocalypse or something? Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if the author is just having trouble making up their mind what it is they want to write.

"You can save it, the landlord I have seen her, it is a woman, very beautiful, you have no chance.” Harem member number one. Though, it would be nice if I was wrong.

How come the memories of four million people aren't causing him any troubles? It doesn't feel like he even has them anymore.

”Your body is injected with an unknown drug, your toxin resistance is improved, poison resistance +1.” Isn't it medicine? Why is it treated as a toxin?

C11: "Yang Fan squirmed and didn’t dare to think any further." I really hope he's not going to be yet another MC who knows the world is ending and that humanity is doomed, but spends all of his time increasing his own personal power and expanding his harem rather than doing anything to save humanity itself.

C12: "Who can think that this Yang Fan actually is suffering from depression!” I'm all for treating the mentally ill with consideration, but being moderately depressed doesn't excuse murdering a little girl's puppy right in front of her and then claiming it was a monster that was going to eat her. Though, it is plenty of reason to think that he's got something much worse than just depression.

C13: It would be nice if he created a Youtube video explaining basic cultivation. Sure 99.99% of people wouldn't believe it, but the people who did, or who tired it for a laugh, and actually had the talent. Each of those people would become one more human cultivator to slow the spread of the apocalypse. And if they also post videos showing that they succeeded, it might go viral and become a fad and save hundreds of millions of lives.

Well, it had been a hundred and forty years or so since the world ended. Some things wind up getting lost in the history books, especially when people don't want to remember them.

C14: "How can there be a Dog in this world who will mutate and eat people?" She's not heard of Rabies I take it.

"Regardless of whether his previous guess is true or not, about how the end of the earth will look like infested with Man-Eating-Monsters, as long as he can become strong enough, then everything will be well." Sigh. So he's yet another MC who thinks "As long as I'm alright, f' humanity" :/

I can't decide if that little girl has good luck or bad. That's two dogs in a row that would have eaten her if the MC hadn't stopped them.

That aside, I wonder just how dead to the world the MC is to have not known about the abnormalities in the world around him prior to his trip to the future.

C15: "Now that people have directly given three times his previous salary, what else is he hesitating for?" Well, if you're protecting her, then you're not growing stronger or helping humanity to grow stronger. That is to say, you're helping the monsters to win by ignoring them.

I wonder how he'll kill it without getting into trouble, or if she'll have to pay for the damages again.

C16: I wonder if that last fruit is for her, her brother, or someone we haven't met yet.

That was a perfect opportunity to kill the tree. Why didn't he? Or does he only want to kill demonic beasts?

Why the heck would you translate Cultivation as Repair?

C17: “Miss Zhu said this, how can I a student be compared with the South China Schools Master Zhu, Master Zhu is a hero, he is goal I have been fighting for!” lol

Didn't he say that it required special methods to absorb those fruits? Why would he give it to her when it's clear she doesn't know how to do it and won't listen to him if he tries to explain?

Why does she believe him so easily? And why didn't he recommend to her to buy the fruit tree? She can probably afford it, but that won't remain true once people understand its value.

C19: "Does he have the ability to stop this from happening?" Yes, but there's basically no chance that he will.

"What he can do now, is only to strive to improve his own strength" Not really. That's pretty much the least you could possibly do without dying. If humanity really has until the first 3rd grade monster, then that's plenty of time to post cultivation methods, monster information and basically all the knowledge of Western Chu on the internet. People will realize its all true eventually, and hundreds of millions, if not billions of lives will be saved.

C20: It feels like the translation got worse this chapter. It was always a bit off, but at least before the sentences weren't so broken quite so consistently.

It seems she'll have to kill her turtle now if she doesn't want it to kill her.

That aside, I wonder if her brother learned martial arts from their grandfather. If so, he may well become a cultivator due to this.

C21: Hmm, sounds like they already know quite a bit about cultivation. If he were to fill in the gaps that they're missing, that family might be able to do quite a bit to save humanity. They have far more resources than him after all. The only downside is that they're unlikely to try to save the maximum number of people and will instead focus on the maximum benefit for themselves. Still better than the almost nothing that the MC is doing though.

That really is a much better plan than trying to sort through internet rumors. Though, I have to wonder what he'll do with the bodies. He already has a history of killing pets, and he's jogging in his own neighborhood.

"There are nearly a thousand cities" That feels like a really lowball estimate.

C23: Really wasn't expecting it to be her that set him up. Normally, if that's going to be the case it'll be revealed in the first or second chapter. I wonder who the other guilty party was though. His teacher? It feels unlikely since we've already seen his perspective.

That aside, I wonder if he saw that dream because he was trying to be stealthy and she wanted to pass her stealth art onto him.

C24: "She decided that she will use the most cost-effective way to fly, Airplane and helicopter they can fly higher and faster then her grandpa." lol

Didn't she already tell her grandfather exactly where the fruits came from?

I really hope they're not planning to attack the MC. I won't be surprised, but it would still be a shame.

"Yang Fan was speechless, there is even a skill for charm. Is this system deliberately encouraging him to tell more lies in future?" Well, its not a bad thing to learn if you're going to try to convince the world that the end is coming. Honestly, he should grind it up as fast as possible and then start going to crowded places to recruit people and teach cultivation.

C25: Honestly, it feels a bit off to give him Identify. That aside, I wonder what will happen if he uses it on himself.

Why is someone with a necklace worth a quarter of a million working in a police station in a medium sized city?

C27: The turtle maybe? It could also be the little girl, but that seems less likely.

C29: That feels like a really dangerous skill. What will happen to the monsters he tames after he dies? Will they go back to eating humans?

C30: I wonder if this dog is Qing Wang. I can't remember what type of monster it was, but King of Sound seems like it would be connected to it. If so, I wonder if he'll wind up enslaving the other three kings.

C31: I suppose I should have spotted her as the second harem member the moment her necklace was brought up. I guess I was just hoping too hard that there wouldn't be a harem.

C32: "At least he is currently much more powerful than Hua yue" Wasn't she at the peak of the realm that he just entered? In what way is he much more powerful than her?

C33: "Before the Apocalypse starts" It's already started though?

He needs to tell them about the little girl's power. The trauma from murdering a human will be much worse than from killing a cat that was trying to kill her.

So far, this has been a pretty average series that doesn't really add anything to the genre, or fix any of the genre's major failings. I'm not sure I'll bother to continue.

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm was it a good read?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C34: "in future she will become super gold thigh to which he can hold on to and live a care free life." I think he may have forgotten that his cheat allows him to advance in power even if all he does is sleep all day long ;)

And here I thought it was the dog that ate everyone.

"black lion yelling at it, the giant scorpion spit" So, is it a scorpion or a snake?

So, they have surveillance footage of the start of the apocalypse, and enough reputation to make world leaders believe that it might not be fake, but not even one of them is considering warning the world.

C35: So, he tells them that he hasn't slept in five days and they don't prescribe him any sleeping pills? Even if they were afraid he'd misuse them, they could just prescribe one pill at a time.

It's nice that he tried to warn people, but it would have been nice if he'd tried harder. A single, anonymous post on a random forum isn't going to do much. Still, its thousands of times better than what most apocalypse MCs do.

I wonder if she'll call everyone she knows and get them to try those breathing exercises. She has enough prestige that it shouldn't be difficult for her to do, and even if she doesn't believe that it will save their lives, the fact that it will improve their health should be obvious to her.

I'm honestly still on the fence about it.

4. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not bad for now and mc is not disgusting too but I need to read more chapters. I wanna mtl it I couldn't find chinese name. @jacobpaige do you know it?
    edit : ok I found it 我真要逆天啦

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "You have killed hundred monsters in a row" Didn't he kill 107 monsters just the night before? Why didn't he get this then? Or does it only count monsters that have awakened, and not those that have only begun to do so?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the MC planned to eat the snake? If he just leaves it on the lawn, won't more animals come to eat it so that they can awaken?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, he should just kill that dog. It'll kill him in his sleep if given half a chance, and probably snack on other humans if it thinks it can get away with it.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why give away his favorite villa? Its extremely unlikely that he doesn't have others, and the MC would probably have liked money or one of those spirit trees he bought recently more anyway. Its not like the MC would have minded having to kill and eat his dog after all ;)

"This is not a good thing, it has to be changed." lol.

"this is his big apprentice" So he's decided to teach her? Good, he should start immediately. She's got far too much potential to be leaving her nearly defenseless, especially when she probably smells delicious.

"But you are not my apprentice" Didn't he just say the opposite? Or was that just him hoping?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is her master upset about the MC killing the pets when he knows why the MC killed them? He should be praising the MC for saving so many lives.

If he's in such a secret place, why would they let him make a video call? An audio call would be more than enough.

It would be nice if the translator took the time to learn the rules of capitalization. They're not difficult. And all this random capitalization is distracting to say the least.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "It will take more than a day or two to kill then completely." Honestly, I don't think its even possible. Even disregarding the people that will hide their pets, there's still the rats and whatnot that humanity has been trying to exterminate for centuries.

"definitely much more powerful than the half-baked" That doesn't feel like a great assumption to make. He's the only actual cultivator she knows of. Dismissing his fighting techniques out of hand feels like a mistake.

That aside, I really hope she'll start forwarding his video to as many people as possible, along with her endorsement of the breathing technique. The more people that see it, especially coming from a reputable source, the more people that might be saved.