Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you ~
    Tragic love stories, I suppose? ~

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. SmoggyBelle

SmoggyBelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: Smoggy or Belle ;D
    Hobbies/interests: I love reading chinese novels, I basically spend my whole day reading (even when im eating, showering and driving uwu)
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: XianXia, Female Protagonists, Ancient China style ;D
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list ;) : Most of the novels I read does not have a translated version, but I have seen 2 of them with manga adaptations in mangarock (So it's in english), so perhaps anyone would like it? (Peerless Alchemist and Divine Doctor). I'm looking to translate some chinese novels so I can share those wonderful stories with everyone OwO
    Then add anything you like :): Nice to meet you all!

Moonpearl likes this.
  3. Cerealisa

Cerealisa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome to the forum and have fun

Moonpearl and SmoggyBelle like this.
  5. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm Momo!

I first found out about NU after searching for ways to read "Hai to Gensou no Grimgar" after the anime was aired.
    Before that, I only had brief contact with JP novels because my older brother read some of the Boggiebop Phantom series and also read some of the Katekyo Hitman Reborn novels (I think it was about this time that I got really into bl shipping :hmm: 8059, 8018 & 3318 lol).

I've been lurking around like a ghost since then, sometimes checking novels to kill my boredom or binge-reading to escape reality~

One of my favorite novels was the Bakarina series (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shikanai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...). I like light-hearted stories and the slice of life genre. I will start reading anything interesting and with good reviews EXCEPT horror...and probably... lazy protagonists ("fake" lazy is okay though). Currently favorite novel is "The Traveling Hero Won't Let the Innkeeper's Son Escape" - THWISE.

I love mangas about food & cooking (mostly seinen/josei, no food battles or crazy dishes) and if I had to rec anything on that genre, the 2 volumes of "Gohan no Otomo" are probably my favorite right now (It's fully colored too!). The author also released an illustrated children's book called "Ojiichan to pan"! It's wonderful! :blobmelt:

:blob_coffee: I also love coffee (and tea)!

Nice to meet you! :blobbunny:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  6. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome, welcome :blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny:

Snowbun likes this.
  7. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF~! :blobsnow:

Ah, I see~! I usually go out of my way to avoid those. XD

Welcome~! :blob_pompom: Always good to have more translators on board.

Nice to meet you~! Did you already find the Danmei Room?

Snowbun, SmoggyBelle and Kiss like this.
  8. yume04

yume04 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Yume
    Hobbies/interests: Reading, listening to Korean music and watching Korean drama/movies/variety shows, sleeping, watching anime and playing video games
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Romance, drama, fantasy, action
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY: I don't have a favorite novel. I'm more about the writing, story and the character of the novel. If they're good, then I'll read through it despite of what kind of genre they are. I believe this helps me expand my list than limiting it to certain genres or styles.

I'm not Japanese but I am Korean and can speak, write and read Korean pretty fluently. I joined NU in hopes to find a group that I can join to do some translation work as I miss translating. I used to be active in translating Korean entertainment article and I want to get back into it by trying Korean novels.

Thank you for reading!

imK and OnceandFutureLurker like this.
  9. Deleted member 199531

Deleted member 199531 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone. Look forward to chatting

10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum and have fun

11. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome , you can check out the Translator's Corner sub forum here

yume04 likes this.
  12. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    *wondering if i shud welcome this 2... :blobunsure::hmm:
    @Eithne change ur usually read novel to tragic love story.. and tragedy as the essential part (/.\)
    @Momoyuki san~ who's ur fav bl ship in reborn? :aww:
    and and... food manga! *high fives*

13. yume04

yume04 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

14. yume04

yume04 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, planning on it!

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  15. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    CAT!!! *pats pats* nuf is right for u.. so many fluffs~ ^o^ errr.. wait., I think romance too...
    and lol *agrees with u on disliking harems* im stick to one.. (/.\)
    ANOTHER CAT!!! o_O how can you read while driving? :blobfearful: its dangerous m' friend! :blob_catflip:
    hmm.. Alchemist and a doctor huh.. you like something uhmm.. a bit on the medical side?
    btw Nice to meet you too~
    A STAR!!! @lighterxx maybe you can have a heart to heart talk with this one about hoshi? ang look! his avatar is a hoshi(star) too!
    AND A... HANDYMAN? hello mr. handyman~ :blobsleepless: *waves hands*

WELCOME TO YOU GUYS~ Hope you all have fun here in nuf ^o^

yume04 likes this.
  16. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    My all time favorite ship is YamaGoku! But my fav characters are the baseball idiot and the boxing idiot though I don’t really ship them together!

Food manga! I’m currently reading “Papa to Oyaji no Uchi Gohan”, it’s super cute! I recommend it!

Naruin likes this.
  17. mellowdias

mellowdias Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there!

Nickname:
    Mel or Mellow's fine! I also respond to Elise as a nick, but Mellow's easier to remember with my username ^^

Hobbies/interests
    : Reading! Absolutely reading, even if hadn't stumbled upon online novels. Other than that, I love painting and listening to music.

Genre's you read often/tags you often look for
    : I'm actually really not picky about this one- though novels with mystery/case solving have rise to the top of my priority list pretty quickly. Otherwise, horror, romance, action- it depends on my mood!

Your favourite novel/read and WHY
    : I genuinely don't have one seeing as I read so much, but I suppose I could name a special one? I actually haven't searched it up on NU yet, but the novel that got me into the whole online reading thing was The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor! It's probably been years since I last read it, so I can't remember too many details, but it was an interesting premise and I remember writing a note down to consider looking for other online novel translations to read in the future. I guess it only took me however long from then until now?

I've actually been bookmarking and keeping up with novels here at NU from earlier this year, but for some reason only got around to making an account now. It's really lovely to meet you all, I hope we'll all get along!

18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum and have fun here

mellowdias likes this.
  19. Lunamelt

Lunamelt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Luna
    Hobbies:
    Most things Japanese. Stumbled into Asian dramas while trying to improve my Japanese and now a fangirl of primarily Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, and Japanese dramas and movies. Geek girl interested in everything from collecting retro computers to restoring EM pinballs. Lover of the classic video arcade game FROGGER and have a full sized 60 game standup cabinet at home.
    Preferred Web Novel Genres: Science Fiction, E-Sports, Romantic or Romantic Comedies, Historical (with more of a realistic vs. Fantasy emphasis), School Memories.

20. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome~~ \(O.O)/~~