Discussion Has Er Gen's writing style changed in quality for the worse?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ousainou.adeniyi, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Has Er Gen's writing style changed in quality for the worse?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    86.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I didn't really enjoy the more recent protagonists. I found them more unlikable than anything else. I'm not really a fan of protagonists who act stupid or have a sub-zero EQ. AWE itself has super high ratings though, so I've always kept doubting myself about it, but it's nice to see I didn't go crazy. TBH It's hard to remember the specifics though, since a lot of the different authors are so similar in their approach, the books I've dropped seem to merge into one super turd.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it has to do with the self-insert attitude of the webnovel's readers. That's why most of the generic easy-life novels got popular. People didn't want to insert themselves into a realistic world where every action has a consequence, but they wanted a world where they felt empowered, got every good thing possible, and led a successful life without putting in the effort.

3. WolfShelby0

WolfShelby0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading AWE right now, does Bai Xiaochun stop being a coward and matures? Cause I'm at chapter 200+ and it getting annoying with the comedy, at first I was okay with it, but now it too much, I can't stand bai xiaochun anymore, cause if this continues and he doesn't stop and matures, I might have to drop it.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My issue with revisiting worlds is that the author broke the rule that he said could not be broken. It's annoying
    I need the correct something. Webnovel authors sometimes have PhDs in engineering. Writing webnovels just pays better than working as a professor

5. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that depends on the authors. Can’t help you with that.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a sad thing, when someone hate the genre, then he/she call the novel trash. In my eyes, everybody who don't like to read a will eternal must be crazy, that novel is so epic and funny. I already read issth and awe, and I like both of them. I don't even consider read pursuit of truth, why I bother read sad story? When the mc died? My life already complicated enough, I only want to read happy story, overpowered MC like emperor domination or funny xianxia stories like issth and awe. Although those stories also have sad moments, but that moment make me feel complete.

Many people keep tell my favourites novel trash, wahahahahahahah

For me, trash novel are like ze tian ji, world of cultivation, pursuit of truth.

I cannot even read past chapter 5 for woc, not past 200 for ztj people said that novel is good??? Another trash novel???

7. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same with this self proclaim, for me :
    1. Issth
    2. Xiani
    3. Awe

4. Pot

8. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good stories can attract many readers, not the stories that minority of you like and keep comment and try to represent the majority who don't even care about comment in here

9. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least I did not need to self proclaim about ordering based on quality. If someone does not believe it and think I self proclaimed it, they can simply go to MTL discords and check around themselves. Though I won't argue with your taste. It all depends on preferences after all. If one prefers lucky idiots over tragic ones, there is nothing one can do about.
    Anyway, considering that ISSTH and AWE are fully translated and RI is close to being fully translated on WW, there is not much to discuss, however, since PoT is on Qidian, its situation is a bit different and thats why for arguments sake I want to ask, how many chapters of PoT you have read?

10. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again with your self proclaim, discord also for minority, I already read xianxia novel since tales of demon and God's still in pandatranslation and I read tdg daily, but this is the first time I heard about mtl discord, can you see the implication? Discord and forum only for minority, many people only read forum but not bother to comment, I comment because you guys keep saying my preference trash, that's why I comment right now.

Another statement "prefer lucky idiots over tragic one?" I can also said I prefer overpowered MC who have overpowered background rather than godforsaken mc.

Just like I said before, I will never read sad ending novels like pot, so I don't even bother to read chapter 1. There are so many novels out there that I like, why bother with what I hate?

The different between me and you, I don't call other people preference trash, rating can speak for itself, although I know many people create account just to increase rating.

You guys keep campaign this novel trash, that novel trash, shiettttt

You are mashocist if you like being hurt by reading sad novels. I'm the normal guy, who like reading face slapping novels

Ghost_Spawn likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who doesn't want to read A Will Eternal is crazy? Haha
    I won't read it even if I am paid.
    Even the fans admit it's not that great.
    I welcome being called crazy if that is what you call having different tastes these days

novaes, Sparteh and GDLiZy like this.
  12. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not a big fans if he said it is not that good. He is only a casual reader.

As you said, you have different taste, and you won't even read 1 chapter if there are so many option out there. Same for me, I won't read pot, even if someone pay me.

That's why please don't casually label a novel trash.

I won't read release that witch even if someone paid me even though many people here said that novel is really good. I read the summary and lost my motivation to even begin, can I call that novel trash? It s not fair for you and other proplr who like that novel right?

13. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you trying to say? I didn't even say anything about any novels being good or bad. I just told some people that the genre itself isn't completely bad or perfect.

Sure, good stories can attract readers, but popular stories aren't always good, and good stories aren't always popular.
    What about when you called ze tian ji, world of cultivation, and pursuit of the truth trash? You also called others who read tragedy to be crazy and masochist.

Sparteh likes this.
  14. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    1. First, stop insulting me. I have never even once done that to you.
    2. Second, I did not "self proclaim" as you describe it. I said "most people I know who have completed all 4 novels" and "can check it on discord" clearly states that I am not talking about everyone in the world and people can find those discussions. I am not talking for everyone, but only for the people I know. This makes that part of your comment completely irrelevant.
    3. Third, I did say everyone has his own preferences. You like happy novels - fine, you like mature novels - fine, sad novels - fine as well.
    4. Fourth, there is a massive difference between us and you. You literally insult, attack, complain and call certain novels trash EVEN WITHOUT ACTUALLY READING them. Aka you know nothing about them. Having opinion about something you know is fine, but your constant insults to people here who can actually provide decent arguments for their statements is at best rude, at worst plainly stupid.
    5. In the first place, the topic of this thread is "Has Er Gen's writing style changed in quality for the worse?". Coming and randomly complaining and insulting people who provides arguments for their opinions for no reason is low. Furthermore, we weren't even insulting AWE as you claim we did. Many of us have merely stated why we think its worse than Er Gen's previous novels and provided arguments for that. Based on votes, 4 times more people agree with us than disagree. Furthermore, the answer "yes" can also be further split up into 2 parts: "it got better" and "it stayed the same". So the difference is even bigger. And since you haven't even bothered to read, you have no right to attack us who did.
    6. Rating does not speak for itself. Without context it is useless. Just because it is rated high on NU, it does not mean that it is even good. For example, Series Ranking on NU just show what has decent release speed. Average rating is also greatly influence by other factors like source of translation. Pretty much everything decent what is translated on qidian will most likely have much lower ratings and number of readers due to the stuff like paywalls and NU not showing updates.
    7. The last part of your comment just looks like a child throwing tantrum because someone said something about his or her favorite cartoon.

RoundCat98, Ophis_Trihexa and GDLiZy like this.
  15. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I simply give you the different perspective, you also hurt if someone insult your favourite novel right? Wahahahahahahah
    Feels good

16. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be prepare to get insult if you insult other novels, and i'm not insult you personally,

I insult without reason? For a matter like preference, nothing matters, sometimes, only read the summary can attract you or make you illfeel, so enough reason for me to insult novels I don't like "like you"

Child throwing tantrum? Wahahahahahahah I laugh so hard because you didn't see yourself in the mirror when you insult other novel trash, do you really believe you read all that trash novel until the end to have a reason to call those novel trash? You only read a few chapters, see the cliche, then you call it trash right? So what the different between us? Wkwkkwwkkwkw

17. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every novels has its unique taste, even though many have same cliche and Deus ex macina

18. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comment like this better than you guys who keep call it trash. At least this comment not Insult.

Again, I give you guys example, that's why I said some novels I don't like but have many fans like ztj, woc, rtw. I know you guys who have different taste, will like one of this novel, feeling hurt right? If I call it trash? Wuahahahahaha

19. Weneary

Weneary Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sparteh The reason pursuit of truth is not popular imo is because most people are very bored with cultivation novels. Novels like revered insanity and library of heaven path are not exactly typical cultivation novels. The older cultivation novels will be more popular because it was a new genre at that time that's all. Qidian ranking barely has any cultivation novels.

philosopher17 likes this.
  20. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    Moving goalposts? I see.

I did not say anything about any novels being good or bad. I merely pointed out your hypocrite behaviour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.