So long Ash Ketchum?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Deleted member 155674, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So I found this video earlier and according to it, it might be the end for Ash Ketchum, no not dead, just that he might no longer appear, the end of the 20 years old adventure with him, so to say

Alas, I want to know, might this be real? because according to the video it is only rumors so far :hmm:

2. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    fking finally desu

They better give a competent new chara cause im sick of ash and how inconsistent his story is desu

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  3. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Kid has to be old by now. Time for him to go to college, settle down, maybe be the next poke prof. And send some other poor gullible brat on that life long journey to beat small critters, attack little kids to take their lunch money, and dedicate all that time that could be spent in school, getting an education and actually doing something with their life, to hording hundreds of lives in tiny houses.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who cares. Pokemon was already struggling with their completely insane decision to never acknowledge character progression or aging, and then they did the even dumber crap with the past couple of seasons where art styles changed, they tried to retcon/reboot the series, blah blah. At this point, the Pokemon anime is just dead.

Shame if, after everything, they're just kicking Ash out, too. If they wanted to phase him out, they should have done it the proper way - by actually letting him grow up along the way.

Also, they're saying Ash may not be part of the new series because it's a "reboot", but the heck if they haven't already tried "rebooting" the series and failed miserably at it. They may as well call every new season a reboot at this point. It's clear they have no idea what they're doing or what direction they want to take things in.

All that said, even if they manage to keep Ash from being the protagonist of their latest "reboot", they'll inevitably throw him and familiar characters back in for constant cameos because lolthey'rebad.

5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    they should have done it a long time ago they could have made him pokemon master in 2-3 season and maybe used a new character with new main roster of Pokemon. or they could have done the yugioh gx route with a pokemon academy with different ranks and how the new main character battles his way up.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a new pokemon reboot anime planned that will involve all generations rather than the new season new generation format the anime has now. If they are going to do such a reboot people are guessing ash won't be the protagonist. It's still just rumors.

7. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously people not a single one even a little bit sad :blobsweat_2:, well, it is understandable :hmm:
    I see :blobsmilehappy:

8. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would I be sad? Not like I can't see him by booting up my emulator to play pkmn red

9. Silvania

Silvania Has returned to Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Inb4 next series.
    Pokemon: Ash Awakens

Time to wake up from that coma boi.
    Go forth and adventure once more! now with aging!

10. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    kid must be broke right now, living in poverty stricken journey for 20 years and retiring. he probably dead somewhere if he don't eat Pikachu first. would you think he got any job to live normal live? no he doesn't even finished his highschool, what future does he have? selling food made from Pokemon.

joke aside tho never really watch Pokemon series except the first one since it was aired on TV with Digimon.

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    well I started watching Pokemon when first aired here in US I was in 4th grade I think it was 1997. now im 30 and ash even got younger cus in the original he was 14 and I think in one of the new ones someone told me he was 10.

13. Imhereforboylove

Imhereforboylove Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never actually watched the actual series, I was just watching the movies. By all means the movies were amazing, well the ones where the mythical Pokémon were out to do something dangerous or something like that.

14. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I suppose that is an option :hmm:
    That might be interesting actually :blobjoy:
    Well, if you want my opinion, the first season was the best :blobcat_hyper:
    Do what you want mate :blobangel:
    Well... yeah :blobsweat_2:
    You should watch Pokémon Detective Pikachu if you didn't, it is great :blobokhand:

Kiskaiya likes this.
  15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan has never watched Pokemon anime, but seeing Ash's face on the game has already gotten boring long ago.

16. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m hoping for an insane epilogue arc where he’s subjected to mu radiation, and after being turned into a human/Pokémon hybrid he’s shoved into a Pokémon ball.:ROFLMAO:

17. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he has been the protagonist for years now so it makes sense to get bored :hmm:
    So like spiderman but a pokemon, so pokemonman or pokeman (this sounds a bit nasty for some reason :hmm:)

userunfriendly and Kiskaiya like this.
  18. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully they could give us a main character that could actually win a god damn Pokemon league.
    Like seriously ash, keep it together! :blobexpressionless:

19. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    He stop selling ketchup? :blobpopcorn_two::blobpopcorn_two:

20. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't replace him with a nagging SJW and Flat-Earth mother-in-law who lives in a van down by the river with Seymour, a Chris Walken-sounding and silent film-watching vegan cannibal zombie moose.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019