Spoiler Ascending, Do not Disturb

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by luckyman89, Jun 8, 2019.

1. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you i'm so happy for the kid

2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we ever see again the prince who joined the cooking sect and his wife?

Also I find it cute that the cooking sect is leaving with MC's sect <3

Also what happened to the dude who wanted to become top 10 and wanted to sow discord ?

JuuHachi likes this.
  3. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently on ch. 96 and something pretty funny happened so I wanted to share

So, so far what has happened up to this point: the formation that Kong Hou and HZ encountered was a very formidable formation that basically makes people sick and die, then harnesses the dead souls and resentment and stuff. They suffered some losses after scouting the formation. HZ uses a special invitation to invite some big wig buddhist monks over to help dispel the resentment and demonic qi and stuff. Using this opportunity, Kong Hou then goes to dispel the souls so that they can be released from the formation, and suffers pretty heavy injuries. During the time she is recovering, the head honcho who had set down the formation and had escaped earlier calls her soul out and basically is trying to kill her and stuffs. Kong Hou is not tricked by his methods and HZ saves her momentarily with some special method and she (soul) goes back to the palace, where she is confronted by giant black snake. She's panicking when it suddenly gets pierced by arrows and guards come cut it down, afterwards some eunuchs take it away and clean it up, all very neatly and quickly. Kong Hou is surprised like wtf. Imperial soldier guard is like you all be careful and don't let a single cricket in to disturb Kong Hou Fairy's rest! Everyone is filled with high morale and determination. Imperial guard sees an ant passing by and steps on it brutally, grinding his sole for good measure and is like "look at me, I don't even let a single ant go, you guys take notice and follow my lead" sorta thing. And cue to the big evil cultivator boss that set up the formation, he's like wtf not even my specially cultivated gu (parasite) ant got through!? Anyways, I totally thought that was hilarious, he sent a special ant and the ant got killed so fast X'D imperial guards so OP lol

4. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about later, but I'm currently at chapter 102 and the prince has made an appearance cooking at Splendid Cloud Sect.

alexfilia and JuuHachi like this.
  5. Sharmin

Sharmin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me the raw link for this novel please?

6. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
  7. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    I currently just finished chapter 107 and wanted to talk about Shuang Qing (the sect master of primary luck sect, the sect that wants to enter the top 10) since something just happened with him. He's weirdly righteous yet despicable at the same time. So, because Kong Hou talked to his disciple from the mortal world (Xu Feng or something?), that disciple became more obedient and Shuang Qing felt he owed Kong Hou a debt. As a result, when they exited the secret realm, Shuang Qing gave a lot of things to Kong Hou (in his words, he wanted to clear the debt so he wouldn't feel guilty when he pulled Splendid Cloud Sect down from their position as one of the great 10 sects). It is revealed that Gui Lin (or w/e his name was, that disciple that we've been getting sneak peeks of that smells of xianxia protagonist aura) is a spy for Primary Luck Sect and that he was promised to become the next sect master of Primary Luck Sect if he does his job well. Shuang Qing says that with his ambitious and scheming nature, he will not change sides (aka be softened by the friendly nature of Splendid Cloud Sect). Well, from what it looks like, Shuang Qing is wrong HAHAHA, because Gui Lin is slowly being converted (worn down? emotionally moved? dunno how to word it) by his silly fellow disciples (it's kinda sweet). Anyways, after this is the whole mortal world arc, and then when we next see Shuang Qing is after, when Cheng Yi ascends to Nascent Soul stage (dunno if that's how this translator translated it, but this stage is commonly known in other novels as Nascent Soul stage) and holds a celebration ceremony where a bunch of people from the sects come to congratulate him.

(During this time, Nine Phoenix Sect wants to marry their best female disciple to Zhong Xi/Huang Zong, but too bad Huang Zong wants to become a husband to go live with his wife's family :p It's revealed that Zhong Xi = Huang Zong, Song He discreetly inquires with Wang Tong about marrying between their sects to which Wang Tong directly shoots him down :( but Huang Zong doesn't give up of course, and is invited by Kong Hou with Wang Tong's permission after discovering the two can do Heaven and Earth Dual Cultivation - a special Dual Cultivation that is not based on pa pa pa sorry guys, but is stuff about like fated people very rare blah blah blah totally platonic, and of course HZ agrees. Anyways that's about it for that portion. KH also talks with Gui Lin about unimportant stuff - GL seems to wanna say something but never gets a chance too, as HZ always comes to interfere)

After Shuang Qing leaves, some mysterious black shadow tries to entice him to working together, promising that he will stand even above Radiant whatever sect (sorry I forgot what the name of HZ's sect is) and this is the moment where everyone (well, me, but probably everyone too) was screaming like this is so suspicious it's obviously a demonic cultivator are they stupid SQ better not fall for it cuz it was literally SO obvious. Thankfully our villainous sect master is not an idiot and saw through the very clear ploy and strikes down the shadow, which turns out to be a wooden puppet. He then spouts righteous stuff like even if i'm to pull down Splendid Cloud Sect, I will do it with my own strength/ability. And then that's where chapter 107 ends.

Anyways, I basically wanted to say - Shuang Qing is a written as a morally gray character, that is attempted to be portrayed as having morals and being somewhat righteous despite the fact that he is ambitious and scheming to bring down Splendid Cloud Sect through underhanded means, but like he has a bottom line though! Idk makes me feel like the author is trying to make him more understandable/likeable but it only makes me feel more dislike for him. But who knows how other people think.

8. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the author isn't writing him to be more understandable/likeable but like an actual human being, most of the characters we see are more or less stereotypical but the thing is the author wrote them good so we don't really mind it, we understood their thought process so we understand why they do the stuff they did except for this Mad Bastard Shuang Qing, especially since it has been established that the top 10 sects actively do their part to maintain peace and takes subordinate sects and treats them well. As a sect Master Shuang Qing would have been excellent during a time a war, he's smart, he's ambitious and he clearly knows how to draw a line but with the Top 10 Sects actively ensuring that peace remains, shown how they immediately raised a warning when it became apparent Evil Sects were trying to stir things up, he's more or less out of his depth. He's going against people who even if they would be tempted had clearly been around long enough to understand War isn't desirable at all and would rather have the cultivation world be in Peace with the occasional trouble. But he really incites dislike since he doesn't seem to be contented with his lot in life and he doesn't even consider whether he can handle the power vacuum that would happen when Splendid Cloud gets pulled down, since the author had established from the get go that Splendid Cloud didn't get to where they are by just being lazy but because they knew when to act and when to let things go with the flow. The other 9 sects had all acknowledge that if the Splendid Cloud wasn't the way they were they would have been on par with Radiant Sect, so basically Shuang Qing is really just poking a sleeping dragon and if this was another novel I'd definitely place my bet on his entire sect being eradicated via gruesome death but this isn't so I'll place my money on him being the third person who'd never be able to cultivate

9. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    From my understanding, yeah he want to became top ten of sect. But, he more to focus to Splendid Cloud because he want his own sect stronger than splendid cloud as he held some grudge to SC (because he want to be a disciple of SC but rejected as his heart is not compatible with SC's way, and you know how the master of SC can get misunderstood, so SQ thought he get rejected because he is not talented enough)
    So, I think he want to be better than SC as want to show them that "Look! someone you rejected is actually better than you" or something like that. And this self pride is the one that protect him from the temptation of the evil sect.

10. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Done mtl cause I thought recent arc is interesting so some unmentioned spoiler tidbits and bit further:
    - she went into the formation and used her life weapon to free the souls, but she’s gravely injured afterwards like looking like she’s ar death door and ML panics after seeimg her come out full of wounds and blood. Normal folk saw how dark clouds disperse and light coming out and further revered her
    - head monk comments that she would have been a good buddhist but she thinks no bec she doesnt want to shave her head lol
    - also comments how she is more buddhist than his disciples after going thru so much for the masses
    - she goes thru out of body exp, meets the ghost empress from 1800 yrs ago the empress of the loyal emperor which has been mentioned before in the story. The empress is waiting for the emperor to join her as he promised, kh told her emperor did something something, anyway when emperor died his brother buried him under a tree and not with the empress as his will thats why she cant find him. This is the emperor whose heart turned into a herb i think which ml needs for his cure, anyway kh resolves her issues and promises to find d emperor bones to bury together with her. She wakes up with a jade case containing ancient herb ml needs. Luckyyy
    - they prepare to go, imperial fam apologizes abt the revolt, empress regrets not treating her better when she’s a kid remembers giving her cold treatment when she caughts her sneaking to get snacks lol poor kh
    - they go back to kh sect becuase her elder disciple breaks through yuan ying, all sects invited. She brings ml. After the celebrations he invites ml to stay on their sect so they can dual cultivate, she’s asked to stay in sect to prepare for a conference radiant sect is hosting. Lucky sect head gets an offer from evil cultivators but refuses, he reports this to everyone so everyone is now more alert for evil cultivators. Cloud splendid sect sends inner disciples to lucky sect for protection as evil cultivators might retailiate, and they did but because splendid cloud is there they have minimal damage.
    - cant remember much on this arc lol so might not be exactly correct but between this arc and nxt there’s more devt netween ml and kh.Kh becomes more aware of her feelings, even mistaking a qi deviation because of her heart fluttering lol. ml writes a romance cultivation story which kh of course reads. Its about an mc who finds someone he likes but is so shy and cant tell her lol kh swoons over the mc novel. Kh was inspired by the novel confesses to ml lmao and they become a couple but kh says to give her time before going public, because of her sect
    - ml master breaksthrough as well, because he’s free of worrying for ml lol. Then comes time for kh sect to go to radiant sect for the conference, on the way they got attacked by evil cultivators. Nothing to worry tho they are with one of the elders, the lady who gave kh her sword also they were prepared for it because of the attempt on lucky sect head.
    - they become official/public after this arc.
    - in the conference kh holds a class and every class/forum she holds someone gets promoted to nxt level lol

11. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I got lol at the last part. Even KH's luck is rubbing to her 'students':blob_grin:

Varsha0907 likes this.
  12. luckyman89

Reading List:
    Link
    Also a spoiler i find interesting and funny: at some point it becomes evident that KH is as talented or even more talented than ML, that ML develops a mental/heart demon and almost becomes crazy thinking KH will ascend and leave him. Good thing it happened while KH is present and stopped his cultivation going crazy.

13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    What was MC's reaction when she finds out ml is the famed spirit master zhong xi?

Also what is the people's reaction (like the ones who wanted to marry him ) to them being a couple?

And one more xD

What is people's reaction every time someone gets promoted in mc's class?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    astaterix likes this.
  14. luckyman89

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while but from what i can remember:

1 - cant remember much lol, i cant exactly remember when she finds out actually

2 - people slowly found out, when they became a couple kong hou asked for it to be a secret as she’s concern about her sect’s reaction, but it was mostly positive, her seniors are concerned with age gap but her master was delighted especially when he found out his identity like kh does not deserve any less XD for ones who want to marry him, the nine something sect want to arrange a marriage with him but of course he refuses because of kh and d girl doesnt want a guy who has someone else anyway iirc, there’s another girl who wants to do paired cultivation with him because accdg to them it will save the world or something, this is from the mystic sect? Lol i might be inaccurate here of course also doesnt happen

3 - first they thought its coincidence, but after it happens 2-3 times she becomes really popular and people start flocking her class and also recognise her capability as a sound cultivator iirc (she mostly plays her music in the class and it puts other people in trance with some making breakthroughs) including the demon king/main villain in disguise, it kinda puts her in danger as she becomes a hot item

15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Thaaaank you!!

Does the lucky sect master ever lets go of his grudge?

And do we get any interactions between the ml and people from MC's sect?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  16. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpensive: Why KH was the one who confessed, ML i’m disappoint :blobtriumph: you are out of my fave ML candidate now!

17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we see Lin Hu again soon?
    Also what happened to him in the end ...does he follow ml forever ?

18. luckyman89

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler on upcoming arc: iirc (or more like understand correctly the mtl) the mystic female sect master (hong yan) has something to do with the demon king, like a past lover or something? Also she also sacrifices herself to open up a space for kong hou (iirc this is even while they are fighting the demon king when he attacks during or after the conference?) where time is sped up, this is when kong hou powers up almost catching up to ml, eventually even going past ml in cultivation and being seen as the hope of cultivation world for ascension instead of ml.

19. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Hong Yan and the monk she always had an encounter is her past lover? :hmm:

Well, looks like I got it wrong with the MTL... I also thought that the nomad cultivator close to ascending is the Uncle who sells dried fish?

MTL damages my brain cell especially this one:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Btw, thank you for the spoiler :aww:

AnoeticDuckling likes this.
  20. luckyman89

Reading List:
    Link
    lol i am not sure as well! Ok this is embarrassing if i was wrong lmao i just remembered that yeah she seems to be digging on her past based on her dialogue during demon king fight so I thought the demon king was her lover lmao ‍♂️

Uncopyright likes this.