Discussion Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wodust, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Wodust

Wodust Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, everybody. Sorry, that write in the old topic. But I thought it was better than creating a new topic. Don't you think the topic of harassing women has been slightly exaggerated in the last few years? Don't get me wrong, I'm against harassment, but right now it seems that any action a man takes toward a woman can qualify as harassment if desired.
    Today there are a huge number of lawyers on issues of harassment, here's an example - [redacted] but I'm not sure what the law is on the side of men in this matter. My friend was in trouble because he was flirting with a girl at work.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
    otaku31, Japorea, KizunaAi and 9 others like this.
  2. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    oof that necropost.
    The Necrothreader hath arrived, ye pitiful mortals

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think people are sensitive about almost everything, to be honest. Not a lot of “live and let live” going around. Everyone has an opinion about everything -- often about what other people should be saying and doing.

But that’s part of life, too. Let ‘em passionately rant and rave about whatever issue tickles their fancy. Let ‘em march, give speeches, and change the world - for better or worse.

And let the people that disagree with them fight it out. Let them give their own speeches and try to change the world, too. So it goes.

Whatever makes people happy.

4. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    If an ugly man bumps into a fat women on a crowded train and the fat women wants to sue for sexual harrassment. Who would win?

kenar, mingguiwen, pentadrian and 8 others like this.
  5. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Her words would carry more weight.

otaku31, Japorea, kenar and 28 others like this.
  6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think you realize the gravity of the situation.

7. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    mgtow google it

8. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the age of fragile entitled snowflakes, drama addicted ones at that. So yea, totally overexagerated

otaku31, Japorea, kenar and 6 others like this.
  9. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When there are people who get offended at literally everything. Exaggerating things shouldn't be far off that, especially when they want their 15 minutes of fame over the internet. :blobexpressionless:

It's such a sad sight to see girls getting offended after a guy told them to take care in their upcoming flight, saying he's making them anxious, & is trying to cause panic attacks :facepalm:

otaku31, kenar, Odorico and 5 others like this.
  10. DoomedExpe

DoomedExpe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn’t this kinda the same thing with men hitting women? From stories I read online, if a women hits the men in public, all you get is people staring at them, but the moment the guy attacks back he gets jumped by 10 people while the women screams in confusion as to why she got hit. A lot of situations like these can be found on r/justiceserved

otaku31, Japorea, kenar and 11 others like this.
  11. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Both sides have a point and it is little conversations like these that cause a rift to appear among the people.

If you have an issue to complain about, complain. No need to bring in the entirety of a gender or revive old battles merely to prove a point.

"Yesterday I held the door open for a lady and she yelled at me for doing so." Didn't actually happen, never seen it myself, but I have seen/heard some people mention it.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    On the topic of that sort of thing, i've seen women complain about guys not doing stuff like that and complaining how chivalry's "dead" and yet when a guy does do something like that, they complain that it's "demeaning, oppressing women" and is anti-feminist.

These days, it is seriously hard to be a male because of the mines set everywhere by special snowflakes and male-hating radical feminists.

otaku31, Japorea, Clozdark and 9 others like this.
  13. placeholder45

placeholder45 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    > Don't you think the topic of harassing women has been slightly exaggerated in the last few years?

Don't you think most of the abuse happens behind closed doors, where the harassers wait until there's not witnesses?

14. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on how how you classify "sexual harassment". In some circles, it has been exaggerated and in other circle it has been downplayed. In other words, it has gotten worse but some people don't treat it as such.

15. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    It entirely depends on the situation and the people involved really.
    The only mostly guaranteed way to avoid it being called sexual harassment is if it happens between people who know eachother from before and know they have no interest in eachother, nor that the other person is the type to sexually harass other people, and there isn't anyone nearby who's really viewwanting that they'll film it and post it.
    Fact of the matter, social justice is so heavily skewed towards 'the weaker gender' due to various reasons, that you better hope it really looked like an accident and that the involved parties are rational people who realize that, and there aren't people nearby who want to make a big deal out of it.
    That's another thing. Double standards. You do it, they're angry. You don't do it, they're mad. You run away from them to avoid the situation, they're neurotic about it.

If you want a really 'fresh' example of how social justice works, google Alex Holowka . Now imagine if that had been the other way around. And then shutdown, because if that ever happened, he would've still done the same thing due to the public response to his reveal, because it wouldn't be 'manly' to do it.

Gender Equality is all well and good. But it's all about supporting one gender in a lot of things, but not really motivating the other gender to change other than the threat of retribution if they react to the changes. And the extreme rabid feminists in all ways of life... they're not really helping things along in the long run imo.

So yes. Sexual Harassment is bad. Overreacting and assuming sexual harassment happened without any evidence whatsoever is worse. Profiting in one way or another due to purposely overreacting should be a crime.

otaku31, kenar, CookieMonster and 5 others like this.
  16. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, woman's clothing have less and less coverage each year.
    This is also a factor

17. IndelibleWords

IndelibleWords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whitney Cummings discussed this matter on her Netflix stand-up comedy. She made an important point. It's not that sexual harassment is exaggerated now. It's that people are now free to complain about things that have always made them uncomfortable.

18. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda wish people would also think that a guy could get sexually harassed instead of thinking that it's just women.

otaku31, kenar, CookieMonster and 7 others like this.
  19. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    The lawyer of course~

20. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find myself agreeing with this. I don't believe that harassment is being exaggerated now. It was always present but back then a lot of victims put up with it because that is how the society was structured then.
    I think it's a lot more equal and supportive now which is why victims are able to come out and speak about their experiences. The media and news have also focused on horrifying but real life events which has,.I believe, led to increased reporting of genuine sexual harassment cases where victims would otherwise have been pressured by their societal norms to keep quiet.
    I don't believe it's exaggerated. On the contrary, this has been the norm for so long that people now get uncomfortable when faced with how often this happens.