Discussion Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wodust, Sep 11, 2019.

1. asaade

asaade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually it all depends on looks if youre handsome/hunk/strong sex appeal you dont have to worry about being sued by sexual harassment you might even get a one night stand if youre lucky and on the contrary youre ugly/fat/bandit looking you better be behave or youll be put on jail for sexual harassment

2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Looked up Alec Holowka. Just.... :blobwoah:. So boiling it down in an over-simplified way, she basically pulled a gamergate on him which destroyed his life and exacerbated his mental health to the point he killed himself. just...:blobwoah:
    The article dissecting her claims is pretty insightful in showing how her claims seem to have more holes than swiss cheese. I hope there's some sort of karmic payback for her maliciousness.

^Also another double standard. If you wear barely anything in public, you shouldnt be surprised when guys (and some girls probably as well) look at you. If you wear little because your proud of you body, go right ahead and good for you. Just expect the natural side-effect of being an gatherer of male (and female) gaze.

On this topic, im concerned as well. I'm decidely average looking and an uncle to 3 young kids. In the past it has concerned me that people might have the delusion that my presence with them is something nefarious and not just an uncle and his niece and nephew.

3. NP-3228

NP-3228 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once got one of them pink slips for "sexual harassment" in middle school, six grade. Poked a girl's sides while running the mile in p.e. cause she said her sides are cramping up from running too fast and i though it would be funny. I was an innocent snowflake at the time without internet or the "talk" yet. So when the PE teacher told me I was getting a pink slip for it I wanted him to explain what I did wrong, did not want to take the slip for doing nothing wrong. Dude was exasperated and confused and just told me to go to the principle instead and talk to him about it. The principle was in a meeting so i threw the slip away and just went home.

Almost got the birds and the bees from my pe teacher and principle.

kenar, Tensoku and PaladinWolf like this.
  4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on where and how retarded the people are. I saw some guys in the US saying they're afraid to be alone in the office with a beautiful women in case she falsely accuse them of harassment. Well that's ridiculous in 99.9999% of the world and even in the US, and those guys are morons.

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Just here for nuffies until this here locked.

But seriously, what a troll post.
    Replace sexual harassment with racism or any controversial topic eg rape..
    You are not even trying at this point. :facepalm:

[​IMG]

Moonpearl and doroppu like this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel this paragraph i found in an article (about outrage, the culture wars and manufactured offense) to be supremely amusing and highly accurate.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. On-topic

On-topic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    truly spoken like a person who has no idea what he's talking about.

Moonpearl, Wujigege and doroppu like this.
  8. HavenCustos

HavenCustos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main point here is just the general difference in opinion between what qualifies as Sexual harassment between individuals. To some its greatly overexaggerated and to others its not given enough attention.
    Say there is someone in your way and you slightly nudge them to get past. You're in a rush and its not even that big of a deal, not a hard push just a nudge.
    To some, it's really as simple as that but to others, whether they have been assaulted in the past OR they are just really uncomfortable with physical contact, especially from a stranger it becomes.
    " Why didn't they just ask me to move? or even tap me on the shoulder or something, I didn't want to be touched on the lower back or even at all."
    And then with all of the horror stories girls are constantly being fed through every medium possible about the WORST case scenario its only natural to overreact.

The hyper-awareness girls have to have when it comes to these things can be on the same level as a guy walking towards you with a knife in hand. Never mind that you are in a crowded space, never mind that its in brad daylight. never mind what you look like or that the person seems to have no attraction to you what so ever. the danger and risk are still there.

Hope this made sense.

AliceShiki and yuzuki like this.
  9. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    セクハラだよ。

10. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Opinion on whether sexual harassment is overblown or not frequently stratifies by gender — and not surprisingly, a lot of the responses to this thread seem to be biased in such a way.

upload_2019-9-11_17-36-22.png

AliceShiki and Vanidor like this.
  11. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I see it online, I don't see it irl. I think it's just a matter of the more extreme people shouting the loudest and it appearing to be the general opinion because a small percentage of a large group (the internet) still seems large.

otaku31 and Sabruness like this.
  12. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You haven't heard about the vic mignogna situation have you man thought those people were his friends knew them for over a decade they flirted with him and if he tried to start a relationship and they said no all he would do is say alright kiss them on the cheek and tell them goodnight then after 10 years suddenly decided to destroy him some think they wanted him to off himself because they knew he was struggling with depression and when he fought back they bitched and said he should have stayed quiet and taken it

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets complicated... the issue is a bit 2 fold.
    1) Sexual harassment has become something of a culture, to the point where men may not even realize what they are doing is wrong and think it is okay. (And some know it isn't okay and do it anyways)

2) Of course humans being humans, there are cases where women take advantage of claiming sexual harassment to get benefits. There are also cases where it really was an accident but due to them having a bad day or the like they made a sudden call

So to ask if it is "over exaggerated", the answer is both yes and no.

If anything, I think people should learn what it means to "keep to themselves" because what you might be doing is sexual harassment without even realizing it. (that doesn't mean its an overexageration, it means you simply letting your male instincts and how you act around due to social expectations around your male buddies dictate your actions without realizing it)

At same time it sucks that there are people taking advantage of the sexual harassment claim and ruining it for all those who are dealing with it on a daily basis only to get silenced due to claims that they are "overexagerating"

There is really no answer here as it has to be looked at a case by case basis, but people definitely need some education on what it means to "keep to yourself"

AliceShiki, kenar, yuzuki and 3 others like this.
  14. KTL

KTL Down horrendous

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not really that its more than before, just a lot more people coming out

15. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on what you mean by "keep to yourself". If everyone truly kept to themselves then the population would drop from 7 billion to 0 in 100 years. But if no-one has any restraint then there is a sexual harassment culture. The problem is where the line of "keeping to yourself" should be drawn.

Sabruness likes this.
  16. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows?
    Maybe it hasn't gone far enough. It's really easy to ignore thing when the don't concern or effect you. But seeing people believing they are being treated unfairly they should look at the cause, the thing propagating and whatever is keeping said unjustly behavior reason to continue. No need to attack woman or whoever is just a pawn in the grand scheme.

17. Ak0w

Ak0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s a good thing even if it is over exaggerated sometimes. The issue has been suppressed for so long causing an explosion when given a voice to speak with. After a bit and with any luck the wave will pass leaving us all with a higher standards of conduct and outing people like Epstein in the process.

18. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a job once, I worked there for over a year, and the server turnover rate was HIGH, HIGH, HIGH. Wanna know why? Sexual harassment from the kitchen staff was probably the primary reason. There was one primary offender, but when I asked him very nicely not to do it, that it made me uncomfortable, guess what happened? My somewhat attractive manager started sexually harassing me instead. I told him I wasn’t comfortable with it either, and pretty much the entire kitchen staff started (non sexually) harassing me. And I didn’t even have it that bad. I had a boyfriend (now my hubby) and I think his presence shielded me from the worst of it. One of my server co-workers told another one just to play along. !◎_◎ I got mad respect from my (non insane) co-workers for standing up for myself and putting up with that s— for as long as I did.

19. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sexual harassment doesn't apply to interns"
    - Conan o'brien

20. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    What the actual fuck, are you actually victim blaming here?

HavenCustos, Moonpearl and Anra7777 like this.